Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? 20:24 - Mar 31 with 28597 viewsKilkennyjack

According to the Guardian ....

Brexit - the fun has already started.....

Beware of the Risen People

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:34 - Apr 9 with 1534 viewsrock1n

Ruth Davidson would be a fantastic PM.

She's a One Nation pro EU tory though so it ain't going to happen.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:39 - Apr 9 with 1528 viewsrock1n

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 21:59 - Apr 4 by exiledclaseboy

SNP got 50% of the Scottish vote in 2015 and nearly 100% of the seats.

God bless first past the post

We do need a more proportional system, the whole irony of the EU debate is that we moan about the EU being undemocratic yet the same people advocate our system with a Monarchy and HOL.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:43 - Apr 9 with 1523 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:39 - Apr 9 by rock1n

We do need a more proportional system, the whole irony of the EU debate is that we moan about the EU being undemocratic yet the same people advocate our system with a Monarchy and HOL.

And of course, elections to the European Parliament are far more democratic than those to our own at Westminster.

Poll: Tory leader

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:44 - Apr 9 with 1520 viewsrock1n

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:43 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

And of course, elections to the European Parliament are far more democratic than those to our own at Westminster.

Exactly.

Look how Farage has a platform, that's because whisper it quietly.....

it's quite democratic

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:18 - Apr 9 with 1480 viewsHighjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:44 - Apr 9 by rock1n

Exactly.

Look how Farage has a platform, that's because whisper it quietly.....

it's quite democratic

Apart from the fact that the EU parliament has absolutely no legislative powers and is therefore just there to rubberstamp literally everything the comission sends down to it to give the illusion of democracy you're absolutely correct.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:20 - Apr 9 with 1460 viewsnice_to_michu

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:18 - Apr 9 by Highjack

Apart from the fact that the EU parliament has absolutely no legislative powers and is therefore just there to rubberstamp literally everything the comission sends down to it to give the illusion of democracy you're absolutely correct.

I assume you apply that same logic to anyone who is a backbencher in Westminster?

AKA the vast majority of British parliamentarians.
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 1455 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:20 - Apr 9 by nice_to_michu

I assume you apply that same logic to anyone who is a backbencher in Westminster?

Westminster backbenchers can propose legislation, the European Parliament can't. But regardless, it's not true to say that the European Parliament has no legislative powers because it does.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:27 - Apr 9 with 1452 viewsJack_Meoff

The whole thing is a farce. Any level you want to name. Give the proles the illusion and they'll fight amongst themselves about the choices they don't even have. Doesn't seem to be working that shabbily either eh...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:01 - Apr 9 with 1396 viewsEdmundo

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:03 - Mar 31 by Kilkennyjack

No we wont. And as Spain will have full EU backing then its our sorry backside that might getting the kicking.

I feel sorry for the people of Gib who voted 90 per cent to remain.
Completely sold out by the old English types who voted leave. Feckwits.

Most of those Feckwits who are from Swansea and all other areas of Wales other than Cardiff and Monmouth.....I wonder why that is😁

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:07 - Apr 9 with 1385 viewsnice_to_michu

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:25 - Apr 9 by exiledclaseboy

Westminster backbenchers can propose legislation, the European Parliament can't. But regardless, it's not true to say that the European Parliament has no legislative powers because it does.

My understanding is that MEPs can ask the Commission to propose certain legislation.

Backbenchers can introduce private members bills I suppose but they aren't that common and don't have a great likelihood of passing. It's the executive branch in westminster that proposes most legislation.

That's my I think my analogy still stands.

Could be wrong though.
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:32 - Apr 9 with 1364 viewsKilkennyjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:01 - Apr 9 by Edmundo

Most of those Feckwits who are from Swansea and all other areas of Wales other than Cardiff and Monmouth.....I wonder why that is😁

Feckwit turkeys who voted for Christmas.

The people of Scotland and Norn Iron are not feckwit turkeys.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:02 - Apr 10 with 1286 viewsHighjack

We have a system (which is not perfect) here where our elected MPs propose, debate, scrutinise legislation. This is then voted on and sent to the lords who only really have the power to suggest amendments before either sending it back or accepting it. The backbenchers have a real part to play in this, outside the debates and votes in the chamber they are all inevitably part of select committees or other groups that influence policy, many of which are cross bench groups. Our system is far from perfect but we do in theory have the ways and means to remove poorly performing MPs as well as a free press that should be holding them to account. They often don't but they have in the past.

The EU on the other hand is that system turned on its head, where unelected, appointed, unaccountable people, of whom most in this country could not name a single member comes up with the legislation that is rubber stamped by the elected parliament. Imagine a situation in this country where the queen and the House of Lords came up with all the laws and the elected commons only had the power to ratify it. Would you be happy with that situation?

The EU is in no way democratic. In fact it's anti democratic.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:33 - Apr 12 with 1189 viewsrock1n

How old is British democracy? How old is the EU?

You mistake people who are positive about the EU that they agree with everything it does,

It's like immigration, the classic leave argument most remain people want limits on immigration - they're just more pragmatic and realise it will continue in or out of EU and it's way down priority list.

When we become little England, you'll soon be regretting your decision.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:58 - Apr 12 with 1179 viewsHighjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:33 - Apr 12 by rock1n

How old is British democracy? How old is the EU?

You mistake people who are positive about the EU that they agree with everything it does,

It's like immigration, the classic leave argument most remain people want limits on immigration - they're just more pragmatic and realise it will continue in or out of EU and it's way down priority list.

When we become little England, you'll soon be regretting your decision.

May possibly end up regretting it, Ive never said anything different, but none of us can predict what will happen in the future. The future of the EU itself is potentially rather precarious and they may need to change the way they work to keep the whole thing together long term.

The biggest problem with this whole thing is many remainers have convinced themselves everything will now be terrible forever, whilst many leavers have convinced themselves things will be brilliant forever whereas as always the reality will lie in the middle, but people are so entrenched in their positions then a compromise will never be reached.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 17:51 - Apr 12 with 1089 viewsrock1n

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 10:58 - Apr 12 by Highjack

May possibly end up regretting it, Ive never said anything different, but none of us can predict what will happen in the future. The future of the EU itself is potentially rather precarious and they may need to change the way they work to keep the whole thing together long term.

The biggest problem with this whole thing is many remainers have convinced themselves everything will now be terrible forever, whilst many leavers have convinced themselves things will be brilliant forever whereas as always the reality will lie in the middle, but people are so entrenched in their positions then a compromise will never be reached.

To be fair, that post makes a lot of sense.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:06 - Apr 12 with 1084 viewsLeonWasGod

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 22:01 - Apr 9 by Edmundo

Trampie's got something to do with this hasn't he?

I love these arguments about the EU being non-democratic. It's just an arse about face version of our system. They have directly elected representitives and they have bureaucrats, just as we do. Both are involved in the development of legislation, both here and in the EU. Here is no moral high ground and it's a massive read herring imo - personally I couldn't give a monkeys who proposes legislation, as long as people are consulted and it works. I think I'm right in saying our govt can push a lot more through without scrutiny than the EU can.

I've never felt that anything coming out of Europe has had a negative effect. But maybe that's just me.
Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:14 - Apr 12 with 1080 viewsrock1n

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:06 - Apr 12 by LeonWasGod

Trampie's got something to do with this hasn't he?

I love these arguments about the EU being non-democratic. It's just an arse about face version of our system. They have directly elected representitives and they have bureaucrats, just as we do. Both are involved in the development of legislation, both here and in the EU. Here is no moral high ground and it's a massive read herring imo - personally I couldn't give a monkeys who proposes legislation, as long as people are consulted and it works. I think I'm right in saying our govt can push a lot more through without scrutiny than the EU can.

I've never felt that anything coming out of Europe has had a negative effect. But maybe that's just me.

Your last sentence is the absolute key to all of this.

I've asked this several times and others have asked this question several times and noone can come up with a negative. There is not one law or piece of legislation they can point to, it's almost cringe-worthy.

I'm still waiting for some kind soul to point me in the direction.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:51 - Apr 12 with 1066 viewsyescomeon

The Monarchy can feck off but isn't the HOL meritocratic (mostly)?

Upthecity!

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:55 - Apr 12 with 1059 viewsFlashberryjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:14 - Apr 12 by rock1n

Your last sentence is the absolute key to all of this.

I've asked this several times and others have asked this question several times and noone can come up with a negative. There is not one law or piece of legislation they can point to, it's almost cringe-worthy.

I'm still waiting for some kind soul to point me in the direction.

Bananas !!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:58 - Apr 12 with 1056 viewsrock1n

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39581782

Makes you proud.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:00 - Apr 12 with 1054 viewsrock1n

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:55 - Apr 12 by Flashberryjack

Bananas !!

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/which-eu-law-are-you-looking-

- watch this

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:08 - Apr 12 with 1047 viewsKilkennyjack

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 18:58 - Apr 12 by rock1n

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39581782

Makes you proud.

Moronic English fans cant hold their beer again.
They shame themselves and their team.

Glad Wales stands alone.
Like the Irish, our fans were loved in Euro16.
No problems at all with our Russian friends.

How sad after last nights fans love in.

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:10 - Apr 12 with 1040 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is 10 years old but still rings true, more so now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6481969.stm

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:35 - Apr 12 with 1017 viewsLoyal

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 19:08 - Apr 12 by Kilkennyjack

Moronic English fans cant hold their beer again.
They shame themselves and their team.

Glad Wales stands alone.
Like the Irish, our fans were loved in Euro16.
No problems at all with our Russian friends.

How sad after last nights fans love in.

Horrible fckrs, deserve all they get and more.
Bigoted cnts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gibraltar to be Spanish ? on 20:20 - Apr 12 with 1002 viewssherpajacob

Singing Gibraltar is ours and carrying no surrender / brexit Gibraltar flags in the centre of Madrid.

Gibraltarians did of course vote over 90% to remain.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024