Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin 00:04 - Apr 6 with 2704 viewsParsSwans

Wish we never got rid said at time far better tactically than Bob and PC all have had a poor squad to work with but Guido had the edge in terms of tactical nouse and experience I believe we would of been around where Watford Stoke are if we maintained him, I want Paul Clement to succeed by the way always behind the person in charge.
Guidolin on 00:28 - Apr 6 with 2200 viewsTheKirkyLife

I don't think we would have been that well off. I'd say 14-16th myself. But comfortably so.
N/A. on 00:33 - Apr 6 with 2189 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:15]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Guidolin on 07:21 - Apr 6 with 2097 viewsDr_Winston

It's not that we replaced Guidolin. It's that we replaced him with Bob F*cking Bradley.

Ultimately though the seeds of this season's disaster were sown in 2014. We're just reaping the long overdue harvest from a sequence of catastrophically stupid decision making that began then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin on 07:59 - Apr 6 with 2036 viewsHeadmaster

Should never have extended his contract in the first place if we weren't willing to back him bringing his own players.
Guidolin on 10:15 - Apr 6 with 1897 viewsClinton

Guido is history. Forget it.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Guidolin on 10:36 - Apr 6 with 1847 viewsgiantstoneater

When the final whistle went in the last game of last season what followed was a catalogue of errors one of them, I feel, that Guido never really had the faith of the new board and they never really backed him even though they shelled out 15 million on Baston but as someone has already said all history now what matters now is that wherever we are at the start of next season that the board fully back PC in the next window.
Guidolin on 10:43 - Apr 6 with 1827 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Guidolin on 10:36 - Apr 6 by giantstoneater

When the final whistle went in the last game of last season what followed was a catalogue of errors one of them, I feel, that Guido never really had the faith of the new board and they never really backed him even though they shelled out 15 million on Baston but as someone has already said all history now what matters now is that wherever we are at the start of next season that the board fully back PC in the next window.

What makes you thing PC will want to play manager in the Championship, or that he would be any better?
He is a really good coach, but he has been a "Coach" for a reason.
Guidolin on 12:03 - Apr 6 with 1745 viewsmajorraglan

FG did a good job to save off relegation last year, and following the run at the end of the season there was a lot of support to give him a contract. He got the gig, but it didn't last long and BB came in. The rest is history.

I don't believe that FG had the full confidence of the board, the club had a poor transfer window last summer, selling a couple of big players with Llorente and Baston caming in late and not having the benefit of a full pre season - it was uphill after that. A mixed start followed by he sack, i honestly believe that if Swansea had stuck with FG they would not be in the relegation zone now, the guy had bags of experience with teams who were unfancied and by enlarge had done a tidy job. My way what's done is done and we can't go back, we just have to hope PC can rebuild in the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin on 13:05 - Apr 6 with 1668 viewsdeanscfc

Guidolin on 12:03 - Apr 6 by majorraglan

FG did a good job to save off relegation last year, and following the run at the end of the season there was a lot of support to give him a contract. He got the gig, but it didn't last long and BB came in. The rest is history.

I don't believe that FG had the full confidence of the board, the club had a poor transfer window last summer, selling a couple of big players with Llorente and Baston caming in late and not having the benefit of a full pre season - it was uphill after that. A mixed start followed by he sack, i honestly believe that if Swansea had stuck with FG they would not be in the relegation zone now, the guy had bags of experience with teams who were unfancied and by enlarge had done a tidy job. My way what's done is done and we can't go back, we just have to hope PC can rebuild in the Championship.

Guidolin was a good guy and very experienced manager who was very badly treated by the board. Fired on his birthday because the board has f*cked up with player recruitment. I got the impression that Guidolin wasn't particularly happy with the group of players he had inherited. Publicly he said he was but I think he had to say that.
Guidolin on 13:19 - Apr 6 with 1638 viewsmajorraglan

Guidolin on 13:05 - Apr 6 by deanscfc

Guidolin was a good guy and very experienced manager who was very badly treated by the board. Fired on his birthday because the board has f*cked up with player recruitment. I got the impression that Guidolin wasn't particularly happy with the group of players he had inherited. Publicly he said he was but I think he had to say that.

I agree 100% with this. Sadly, it seems quite a few people may have been treated poorly by the board!
Guidolin on 13:27 - Apr 6 with 1622 viewsDarran

Guidolin on 07:21 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

It's not that we replaced Guidolin. It's that we replaced him with Bob F*cking Bradley.

Ultimately though the seeds of this season's disaster were sown in 2014. We're just reaping the long overdue harvest from a sequence of catastrophically stupid decision making that began then.

Exactky we should never have appointed him in the first place,the biggest Huw Jenkins 'yes man' ever.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin on 15:53 - Apr 6 with 1524 viewsjack247

Guidolin was a far better manager than some of our fans gave him credit for.

I wouldn't write Clement off yet though. 16 points from 12 games isn't that bad for a relegation struggler. By rights, there is no way that squad of players should be in with a shout against Spurs after 90 minutes. Home draws with Middlesbrough is probably where they should be.

He has implemented a style that isn't great to watch, but gives us half a chance against anyone. It's heavily reliant on a small group of players, but that's more bad recruitment than management. In fairness, both Guidolin and Bradley had the same problem.
Guidolin on 17:35 - Apr 6 with 1453 viewsgiantstoneater

Guidolin on 10:43 - Apr 6 by A_Fans_Dad

What makes you thing PC will want to play manager in the Championship, or that he would be any better?
He is a really good coach, but he has been a "Coach" for a reason.

I think that he has improved us slightly but not enough but its not his squad but I would think that he`d like to stay and if so he will get the backing that he needs to transform the squad, one thing though I cannot see us getting back to the "Swansea way" but it would be nice. To be honest I wasn`t sure if Guidolin was the right man but certainly the board didn`t think he was and didn`t back him and they compounded the mistake of sacking him with an even worse decision of appointing BB.
Guidolin on 17:56 - Apr 6 with 1408 viewsDafyddHuw

We should have grabbed Brendan when we had the chance.
Guidolin on 18:59 - Apr 6 with 1337 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 17:56 - Apr 6 by DafyddHuw

We should have grabbed Brendan when we had the chance.

Brendan should have come here when he had the chance
Guidolin on 19:03 - Apr 6 with 1324 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan's probably quite happy winning trophies and competing in the Champions League on a yearly basis as opposed to doing a firefighting job here for the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin on 19:10 - Apr 6 with 1309 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 19:03 - Apr 6 by Dr_Winston

Brendan's probably quite happy winning trophies and competing in the Champions League on a yearly basis as opposed to doing a firefighting job here for the moment.

Fair point
Guidolin on 23:49 - Apr 6 with 1169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin on 13:27 - Apr 6 by Darran

Exactky we should never have appointed him in the first place,the biggest Huw Jenkins 'yes man' ever.

I think you're describing Garry Monk to a tee there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

N/A. on 00:35 - Apr 7 with 1124 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:16]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Guidolin on 08:05 - Apr 7 with 1035 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin on 23:49 - Apr 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you're describing Garry Monk to a tee there.

Monk wasn't a Jenkins yes man. Believe me. His ego was far too big for that.

Guidolin on 09:11 - Apr 7 with 969 viewsswancity

Indeed but I think you'll find that his whopping salary is a factor too. Liverpool and Celtic managers don't come cheap and I doubt he's prepared to be looking at a big salary reduction at this point in what's been an excellent 7 years for him.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Guidolin on 09:15 - Apr 7 with 959 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 09:11 - Apr 7 by swancity

Indeed but I think you'll find that his whopping salary is a factor too. Liverpool and Celtic managers don't come cheap and I doubt he's prepared to be looking at a big salary reduction at this point in what's been an excellent 7 years for him.

This is a rhetorical argument. We aren't sacking Clement mun
Guidolin on 09:22 - Apr 7 with 950 viewsswancity

Guidolin on 09:15 - Apr 7 by jack247

This is a rhetorical argument. We aren't sacking Clement mun

We were bottom of the table when he arrived. To take 16 points from his 12 games is nothing short of miraculous given that we were no hopers when he got here. You say '16 points from 12 games is not that bad '. It's bloody amazing although one point from 3 games has put us back in trouble. But let's be fair, all of the damage was done before PC arrived. He's doing his best to save us but Hull seemed to have won the lottery with their latest manager appointment. And Palace with Allardyce seem to be on the way up.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Guidolin on 09:30 - Apr 7 with 940 viewsjack247

Guidolin on 09:22 - Apr 7 by swancity

We were bottom of the table when he arrived. To take 16 points from his 12 games is nothing short of miraculous given that we were no hopers when he got here. You say '16 points from 12 games is not that bad '. It's bloody amazing although one point from 3 games has put us back in trouble. But let's be fair, all of the damage was done before PC arrived. He's doing his best to save us but Hull seemed to have won the lottery with their latest manager appointment. And Palace with Allardyce seem to be on the way up.

Agree totally. His actual points tally is very good considering the state we were in when he pitched up. It has been tempered by Hull and Palace going on great little runs and the fact we picked up 15 of those points in the first 8 games and only 1 in the last 4.

Point I'm making is we can pontificate over whether we should have appointed Brendan, sacked Guidolin, I think we can all agree on Bob. What isn't relevant is whether Brendan would come here at the moment. We've got a manager who will hopefully ride this storm and come back stronger next season.
Guidolin on 09:33 - Apr 7 with 937 viewsperchrockjack

If we'd kept him his health might have been an issue

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024