Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? 00:18 - Apr 9 with 2725 viewsNeathJack

And equally, which of them would you want to be here?

N/A. on 00:26 - Apr 9 with 2427 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:23]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 00:35 - Apr 9 with 2405 viewsTheKirkyLife

Llorente, Borja, Gylfi, Ki, Montero, Amat, Fernandez and Fabianski all to go from the main squad.

Expecting Tabanou, Gomis and Bartley all to move on permanently also.

Out of the remaining squad I could very easily see the lineup being as such;

Nordfeldt, Naughton, Van der Hoorn, Mawson, Olsson, Cork, Carroll, Fer, Narsingh, Dyer, Ayew/McBurnie

For a Championship squad that really wouldn't be bad at all. Dyer was looking punchy before his injury.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 00:36 - Apr 9 with 2405 viewsGriffting

I'd say Fabianski, Fernandez, Sigurdsson and Llorente will all want to play at a higher level and will attract interest from clubs.

The rest will want to play at a higher level but I'm not sure there will be much interest. Ki might go back to Celtic or to China, montero may have options abroad.. Some players like Cork/Fer/Naughton might possibly attract some attention from a promoted sides.. I could see Mawson and Olsson attracting interest but I doubt it would be for the price we'd want so soon after signing them.

The oldies will stay on, hopefully the new recruits will stay i.e. Olsson, Carroll, Narsingh etc. Not sure on Ayew as he kicked up a fuss when Villa went down, perhaps he will realise that getting down to a bit of hard work in the championship will benefit his career with two relegations to his name (assuming we went down).
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 00:37 - Apr 9 with 2400 viewsLoyal

None of them, they can all fck off, inc the u23.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 01:04 - Apr 9 with 2345 viewsCooperman

Wages will also be a factor. We certainly won't plan to carry £40k per week salaries into the Championship. The high earners will be allowed to leave (assuming that a club comes in for them).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 07:21 - Apr 9 with 2223 viewsSTID2017

N/A. on 00:26 - Apr 9 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:23]

If we are relegated, then Fab, Mawson, Fernandez, Siggy, Llorente, Carroll and Ollson will all go to Premiership or foreign sides.
PC will have a clean slate but sadly will not have the money to replace those that leave with the quality to make a fist of it in the Championship.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 07:52 - Apr 9 with 2189 viewsperchrockjack

Mawson

All the rest could go

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 09:11 - Apr 9 with 2115 viewsAngelRangelQS

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 07:52 - Apr 9 by perchrockjack

Mawson

All the rest could go

My "desperately hoping they'll f*ck off" list

- Ki
- Naughton
- Fernandez
- Amat
- Cork
- Fer
- Montero
- Baston
Login to get fewer ads

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 09:13 - Apr 9 with 2107 viewsoldcob

Never mind how how many players will be there, how many spectators will be there? I will be for my sins, the bug bit me hard.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 09:20 - Apr 9 with 2073 viewsSmellyplumz

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 01:04 - Apr 9 by Cooperman

Wages will also be a factor. We certainly won't plan to carry £40k per week salaries into the Championship. The high earners will be allowed to leave (assuming that a club comes in for them).

Do our players have relegation clauses in their contacts so that their wages drop when we go down?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 09:52 - Apr 9 with 2020 viewsBirchgrovejack

Siggy, llorente, fab will go in my eyes. Maybe FF but I can't see there being much interest in the rest. If we could sign a decent midfielder with some sort of creative bone in his body. We could challenge to come back up.....
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 09:58 - Apr 9 with 2008 viewsE20Jack

Jordan Ayew has been the only one that has looked capable of unlocking a defence since he arrived. I am amazed he is getting the flak he is, seems like another fashionable trend rather than it reflecting what is actually warranted. He was our best player yesterday and was our best player against Spurs.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:24 - Apr 9 with 1934 viewsKilkennyjack

A major aspect is going to be the budget given by the new owners. Their only chance to get their money back for sure will to pocket the parachute payments. The budgets will reflect that.

The only other way would be for the new owners to invest further funds to get back to the Premier league. That would be a gamble with even more money being risked. Would you ?

Just my view of course ..... but it might not be who we want to keep but who we can afford.

Beware of the Risen People

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:25 - Apr 9 with 1929 viewsAl_Bundy

Think Fabianski, Siggy, Ki, Gomis, Montero, Llorente, Baston and FF will almost certainly go-

The 50/50 players who may stay or go are -

Mawson, Fer, Ollson and Ayew.

Certain to stay if wages are not an issue -

Routledge, Britton, Rangel, Fulton, Kingsley, Nordfeld, VDH, Amat, Dyer, Narsingh, Olle M, Naughton, Carroll and Cork.

Bartley may well leave and move to Leeds if they get promoted or not.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:32 - Apr 9 with 1896 viewsKilkennyjack

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:25 - Apr 9 by Al_Bundy

Think Fabianski, Siggy, Ki, Gomis, Montero, Llorente, Baston and FF will almost certainly go-

The 50/50 players who may stay or go are -

Mawson, Fer, Ollson and Ayew.

Certain to stay if wages are not an issue -

Routledge, Britton, Rangel, Fulton, Kingsley, Nordfeld, VDH, Amat, Dyer, Narsingh, Olle M, Naughton, Carroll and Cork.

Bartley may well leave and move to Leeds if they get promoted or not.

That side would be bottom 5 in the Championship.

Beware of the Risen People

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:39 - Apr 9 with 1886 viewstomdickharry

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:24 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

A major aspect is going to be the budget given by the new owners. Their only chance to get their money back for sure will to pocket the parachute payments. The budgets will reflect that.

The only other way would be for the new owners to invest further funds to get back to the Premier league. That would be a gamble with even more money being risked. Would you ?

Just my view of course ..... but it might not be who we want to keep but who we can afford.

Villa have spent something like £50M to get them where they are in the Championship this season.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:50 - Apr 9 with 1857 viewsAl_Bundy

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 10:32 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

That side would be bottom 5 in the Championship.

Well we wouldn't be stuck with that squad alone.. the big question is and what should worry us all is a fire sale of players with value will that be ploughed back into the playing squad or into someone's pocket?

I would say there is around £50M plus in playing assets ready to jump ship in the next few months. What is PC going to have to rebuild us to survive in the Championship? because that is what it will be i'm afraid. Fans who think we will bounce back at the first attempt will be sadly mistaken.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 11:43 - Apr 9 with 1788 viewsRevJames

It would be interesting to see which players actually find a club willing to take them on.

If they are genuinely looking for an 'out', they are not doing themselves or the Club any favours with their insipid, uninspiring 'performances'.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 12:13 - Apr 9 with 1734 viewsFlashberryjack

Any of our players of value in the transfer market will go.

High wage earners that no f*cker wants, will be cleared off our books one way or another.

There will be no investment in order to create a team capable of getting out of the championship.

And this time next season, we will probably be in the same league position as we are now, but it will be in in the championship.

And that will continue until the parachute payments end.

Very sad indeed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 18:34 - Apr 9 with 1528 viewsRevJames

This might help you. Very enlightening

https://blogs.coventry.ac.uk/business/2016/05/05/the-economic-effects-of-aston-v
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 1410 viewsJBT95

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 00:36 - Apr 9 by Griffting

I'd say Fabianski, Fernandez, Sigurdsson and Llorente will all want to play at a higher level and will attract interest from clubs.

The rest will want to play at a higher level but I'm not sure there will be much interest. Ki might go back to Celtic or to China, montero may have options abroad.. Some players like Cork/Fer/Naughton might possibly attract some attention from a promoted sides.. I could see Mawson and Olsson attracting interest but I doubt it would be for the price we'd want so soon after signing them.

The oldies will stay on, hopefully the new recruits will stay i.e. Olsson, Carroll, Narsingh etc. Not sure on Ayew as he kicked up a fuss when Villa went down, perhaps he will realise that getting down to a bit of hard work in the championship will benefit his career with two relegations to his name (assuming we went down).

Once you said Ki back to China I stopped reading.
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 19:42 - Apr 9 with 1401 viewsJBT95

Llorente, Fabianski and Siggy would all 100% leave.

Mawson I think could get snapped up by some other club, he's looked good since Paul came in.

I dunno about Fernandez, he may stay he may go.

Baston is gonna leave whatever.

I think Olsson & Carroll would attract interest too.

I think Ki would want to leave but depends if anybody came in for him, same for Montero.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 19:43]
Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 1294 viewsFlashberryjack

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 18:34 - Apr 9 by RevJames

This might help you. Very enlightening

https://blogs.coventry.ac.uk/business/2016/05/05/the-economic-effects-of-aston-v

It'll take a while until people grasp what's ahead of us.

Hello

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 21:22 - Apr 9 with 1270 viewsFlashberryjack

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 19:42 - Apr 9 by JBT95

Llorente, Fabianski and Siggy would all 100% leave.

Mawson I think could get snapped up by some other club, he's looked good since Paul came in.

I dunno about Fernandez, he may stay he may go.

Baston is gonna leave whatever.

I think Olsson & Carroll would attract interest too.

I think Ki would want to leave but depends if anybody came in for him, same for Montero.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 19:43]

Anyone or anything will be sold or given away to cut the wage bill.

Hello

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 22:06 - Apr 9 with 1213 viewsmajorraglan

Assuming relegation, which players will still be here next season? on 21:22 - Apr 9 by Flashberryjack

Anyone or anything will be sold or given away to cut the wage bill.

I think there is a lot of mileage in this. Some of the older pros may stick around as they may not get any offers, but players with talent are likely to be snapped up by other teams. Players like Tabannou may be moved on, it may cost the club a subsidy in wages or a golden goodbye to persuade them to move on.

If the worst does happen, I think the club will struggle next year as I have doubts about the clubs ability to rebuild the squad. Maybe HJ had an idea this may happen hence the contracts for Nathan D and Bartley!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024