Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Staying up. 12:15 - Apr 9 with 2972 viewsTreforys_Jack

I still think we stand a more than decent chance of staying up. The last 3 games have been absolute confidence and expectation killers. However if we stay up and I realise it's a big if, next season could be even worse. There appears to be very little money to strengthen a very weak paper thin squad. If we do get relegated then take out Gylfi, Fabs and probably Llorente , then there is a very good chance we could drop straight through the division.
It's a bit concerning that when we had no FB , we use Leroy, as the U23 player not deemed up to it. Likewise, we got no CF and our record signing who also happens to be a striker, can't even get onto the bench.
Even if we stay up the good ship Swansea has been well and truly scuppered I'm afraid,.
Staying up. on 13:21 - Apr 9 with 2886 viewsSmellyplumz

What so we couldn't beat boro or West ham but we can beat wba and Stoke, righto.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Staying up. on 13:27 - Apr 9 with 2874 viewsTreforys_Jack

Staying up. on 13:21 - Apr 9 by Smellyplumz

What so we couldn't beat boro or West ham but we can beat wba and Stoke, righto.

But we've beaten better teams this season. Anyway my point is even if we do stay up then we will prob get another 38 games of frustration and boredom. The mess the 1st team squad finds itself in, needs major surgery, which we don't appear to have the clout to carry out.
Staying up. on 13:32 - Apr 9 with 2858 viewsSmellyplumz

Staying up. on 13:27 - Apr 9 by Treforys_Jack

But we've beaten better teams this season. Anyway my point is even if we do stay up then we will prob get another 38 games of frustration and boredom. The mess the 1st team squad finds itself in, needs major surgery, which we don't appear to have the clout to carry out.

You make a very good point, for me it boils down to whether the players are willing to roll up their sleeves and fight.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Staying up. on 13:49 - Apr 9 with 2824 viewsTreforys_Jack

Staying up. on 13:32 - Apr 9 by Smellyplumz

You make a very good point, for me it boils down to whether the players are willing to roll up their sleeves and fight.

Which is the bare minimum required, but on recent showings, I wouldn't bank on it, which is why there is so much anger amongst the fan based.
Staying up. on 14:01 - Apr 9 with 2792 viewsLoyal

Staying up. on 13:32 - Apr 9 by Smellyplumz

Cowards don't fight they do what they did yesterday.
Fcking desperately weak minded fools.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Staying up. on 16:58 - Apr 9 with 2576 viewsJinxy

Bear with me on this (and no I'm not in the pub) - IF we can lift ourselves (yes, a big IF), we could feasibly reach 38/39 points (3 pts at Watford, 1 v Stoke, 1 v Everton, 3 v Sunderland and 3 v West Brom). The same goes for Hull. For me (maybe 38). The major factor here may prove to be Palace's run-in. They have Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs, Burnley and Hull home, with Liverpool, Man City and Man U away. They may only reach 35 points, saving us and Hull. This is presuming Sunderland and Boro (they also have a tough run-in) get relegated. There is hope folks!
Staying up. on 17:11 - Apr 9 with 2526 viewshammy

Staying up. on 16:58 - Apr 9 by Jinxy

Bear with me on this (and no I'm not in the pub) - IF we can lift ourselves (yes, a big IF), we could feasibly reach 38/39 points (3 pts at Watford, 1 v Stoke, 1 v Everton, 3 v Sunderland and 3 v West Brom). The same goes for Hull. For me (maybe 38). The major factor here may prove to be Palace's run-in. They have Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs, Burnley and Hull home, with Liverpool, Man City and Man U away. They may only reach 35 points, saving us and Hull. This is presuming Sunderland and Boro (they also have a tough run-in) get relegated. There is hope folks!

The key thing for me is that we win the next game against Watford to give the squad a much needed confidence boost. We have to get ourselves closer to the likes of Hull and Palace.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Staying up. on 17:29 - Apr 9 with 2461 viewsmonmouth

Well, watching Everton's attacking options today, they are going to bloody mangle us. We aint going to win at OT either, are we, so it's probably three wins and a draw from four. Get down the bookies if you think that's going to happen.

I expect the players and manager to sweat blood to make it happen, but Mr Hope is not welcome here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Staying up. on 18:00 - Apr 9 with 2376 viewsmalagajack

Sunderland had 27pts after 31 games last season, Norwich had 31 and went down, it isn't over yet. Surely we can't be as gash again this weekend.
Staying up. on 08:01 - Apr 10 with 2041 views34dfgdf54

We say it every week, but against Watford Saturday, we will see if there is anything left in the tank for the run in, it really is a must win. I said before Saturday's game we need atleast four points from West Ham and Watford, but things are pretty much as they were, a win could take us out of the bottom three and be a massive boost going into the last few games, similar to the Liverpool game and our run after that.

I don't rate Watford at all, they don't have anything to play for and it's a chance to really get at them. If we just surrender with another gutless away performance, then we maysaswell knock it on the head for the remainder of matches and play the fringe players to prepare for next season.
Staying up. on 08:12 - Apr 10 with 2013 viewspencoedjack

Staying up. on 08:01 - Apr 10 by 34dfgdf54

We say it every week, but against Watford Saturday, we will see if there is anything left in the tank for the run in, it really is a must win. I said before Saturday's game we need atleast four points from West Ham and Watford, but things are pretty much as they were, a win could take us out of the bottom three and be a massive boost going into the last few games, similar to the Liverpool game and our run after that.

I don't rate Watford at all, they don't have anything to play for and it's a chance to really get at them. If we just surrender with another gutless away performance, then we maysaswell knock it on the head for the remainder of matches and play the fringe players to prepare for next season.

Let's hope they don't sack their manager this week
Staying up. on 16:22 - Apr 10 with 1767 viewsClinton

I know it sounds naive, but we need to work on some attacking moves. What about that one where a midfield player plays the ball to a forward and keeps on running into the box where he receives the return pass and fires home. We haven't tried that one for ages. This crossing the ball onto the head of the defending centre half is much over rated IMHO.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Staying up. on 17:38 - Apr 10 with 1696 viewsSospan_Fach

I can't see us creating a goal scoring chance let alone scoring a goal to win a game.
Staying up. on 18:34 - Apr 10 with 1635 viewsmonmouth

So let me get this straight. Palace's two games in hand over us are both at home and they have a three point lead, a much better goal difference, and they have a three-points-away-all-season and now safe Burnley, a safe and champions league obsessed Leicester, and Hull to play at SP, plus a woefully misfiring Arsenal which has draw written all over it.

And that's cause for hope? Splendid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Staying up. on 09:26 - Apr 11 with 1445 viewsJinxy

Staying up. on 18:34 - Apr 10 by monmouth

So let me get this straight. Palace's two games in hand over us are both at home and they have a three point lead, a much better goal difference, and they have a three-points-away-all-season and now safe Burnley, a safe and champions league obsessed Leicester, and Hull to play at SP, plus a woefully misfiring Arsenal which has draw written all over it.

And that's cause for hope? Splendid.

That's sport for you! Palace beating Arsenal (and the manner of it) it is a huge blow as well as a bit of a surprise. However, in my view we can't criticise the players for giving up hope if we fans do, because that will contribute to the problem through lack of vocal support etc.. I still have hope (there's always cause for it!), and I think we need a collective fighting spirit. Palace's fans got behind their team a few years ago when they were in deep trouble - incredible support including at the Liberty - and may well have made a positive difference, who knows. We will all feel more hopeful if/when we beat Watford on Saturday. Come on you swans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024