Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time. 19:20 - Apr 9 with 2760 viewsplasjack

When we were relegated (old Division 1), we were in a far weaker state than if it happened this season.
1...... Parachute payments, were they around then ?.
2...... Liberty Stadium
3...... Technically a better squad
4...... Less debt.
5...... Training facilities second too none.
Last time. on 19:44 - Apr 9 with 2715 viewsCooperman

The two eras are worlds apart in every footballing sense. Succcess at Championship level is by no means a foregone conclusion and we will not be one of the 'big clubs' in the division. However I'd like to think that the board have a contingency plan in place for when relegation does hit us.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Last time. on 19:47 - Apr 9 with 2704 viewsdobjack2

1. Nope but other clubs weren't rolling in money either
2. No good if it isn't full.
3. We'll see what the squad is like before we compare. Hopefully it won't be full of kids
4. Depends what happens with our majority owners
5. Whoopy doo doesn't matter a feck if the team is shite.

Potentially we are in a better position but if we go down it all depends on recruitment and our director of feckall and his team are a main reason why we are where we are
Last time. on 00:10 - Apr 10 with 2562 viewsSmellyplumz

The squad or club won't see a hapenny of the parachute payments, not a chance, it will go straight to the yanks.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Last time. on 00:38 - Apr 10 with 2536 viewsmonmouth

Last time. on 00:10 - Apr 10 by Smellyplumz

The squad or club won't see a hapenny of the parachute payments, not a chance, it will go straight to the yanks.

How though? I'm not saying they wouldn't have eyes for it maybe, but the PL has conditions over those payments don't they? The parachute payments will surely be paying the wages of any of the overpaid pricks that took us down still clinging on around the club.

I think the yanks will want at least one shot at getting back to fairyland. It's the only way that their investment (from their perspective it was) can bear any fruit for them, ever.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Last time. on 07:59 - Apr 10 with 2435 viewsFireboy

Last time. on 00:38 - Apr 10 by monmouth

How though? I'm not saying they wouldn't have eyes for it maybe, but the PL has conditions over those payments don't they? The parachute payments will surely be paying the wages of any of the overpaid pricks that took us down still clinging on around the club.

I think the yanks will want at least one shot at getting back to fairyland. It's the only way that their investment (from their perspective it was) can bear any fruit for them, ever.

Ask Blackburn and blackpool fans where they think their parachute payments have gone
Last time. on 08:26 - Apr 10 with 2405 viewsswan65split

1. will mysteriosly disapear
2. we dont own it and it lacks atmosphere half full
3. the best players are already thinking/planning where they will be next season.
4. 15 million wasted on a ball boy
5. Training facilities dont pay the bills or win games......as been shown.
Last time. on 08:35 - Apr 10 with 2381 viewsmonmouth

Last time. on 07:59 - Apr 10 by Fireboy

Ask Blackburn and blackpool fans where they think their parachute payments have gone

True. There's always a way I suppose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Last time. on 09:41 - Apr 10 with 2307 viewsperchrockjack

Then, we didn't have money and if we bought a player, like Ray Kennedy ,on payment scheme, we didnt pay. Renaged on deals ,which is why we were given embargo on signing players. Liverpool FC could have called in the debt and that would have seen the end of the club.
We owe Liverpool FC for us still having a club at all

Now, we have money, but our people,SWANSEA people have effectively either pocketed for themselves or/and signed the club over for a deal that wasn't for the best for the club.

Unforgivable

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Last time. on 09:59 - Apr 10 with 2273 viewsDewi1jack

Last time. on 00:10 - Apr 10 by Smellyplumz

Wages for players/ staff we can't shift on/ those who don't want to leave are going to be higher than the parachute payments alone.
70 odd % of turnover now is wages. Even with relegation clauses that could come to about 30% of present turnover (if we can shift some of the high earners as well) so (fag packet maths) around about £24 million.
Parachute payments are £16 million?
Plus we posted our highest loss last year of £14.6 million

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-confirm-b

Think the next time we are relegated we will be in a far worse state, unless the owners are prepared to invest/ make loans/ raise cash in the club (not peoples bank balances).
If it is to be this season- and the fat lady isn't singing yet. Just running through her warm up exercises for us at the mo then
I believe we are really going to struggle to survive if the Merrycans' backers aren't willing to chuck some cash into the pot.
We laughed at our Eastern cousins and Tan's loans/ change of colour etc (me included).
That may just come back to bite us on the a*se big time.

And I don't just mean the playing side surviving in the Championship.
I do actually fear for the club we all love.
Petty/ Silver Shield/ 9th Floor etc may just look like a blip.
I really hope my worst fears are wrong by a long shot.
Doesn't matter what Professional/ Semi pro division we're playing in, providing there's a club for my grandkids to take their kids to watch play

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Last time. on 13:12 - Apr 10 with 2231 viewsperchrockjack

We ll soon see if the owners want to cut and run

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Last time. on 13:39 - Apr 10 with 2205 viewsFlashberryjack

Last time. on 08:35 - Apr 10 by monmouth

True. There's always a way I suppose.

When a lot of money is involved..........there's always a way.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Last time. on 13:43 - Apr 10 with 2190 viewsjack2jack

Last time. on 19:44 - Apr 9 by Cooperman

The two eras are worlds apart in every footballing sense. Succcess at Championship level is by no means a foregone conclusion and we will not be one of the 'big clubs' in the division. However I'd like to think that the board have a contingency plan in place for when relegation does hit us.

This-beat me to it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024