Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're too nice.. 21:57 - Apr 9 with 3497 viewsjackrabbit

Here's the Sunday Telegraph's take on yesterday's match....

"PREMIER LEAGUE
Relief for Bilic as West Ham find Swansea a soft touch
By Jonathan Liew 
at the London Stadium
West Ham United
(Kouyate 44.) 1
Swansea City 0
Att: 56,973
If Swansea City have a defining quality, it is probably niceness. Just look at their team. Jack Cork. Tom Carroll. Kyle Naughton. Alfie Mawson. All of them: just really lovely guys. Leroy Fer once bought a horse for his girlfriend. Who doesn’t love horses? This is Swansea: nice lads, nice club, nice to watch. And even nicer to play against.
West Ham discovered that here. In glorious east-London sunshine, they drifted to a win that lifts them eight points clear of the relegation zone, a win that may well have saved Slaven Bilic’s job, a win that was less stressful than they had dared to hope. Cheik Kouyaté’s emphatic low shot proved good enough, and even if West Ham were never quite able to relax, the second half simply leaked away, as sunny afternoons tend to do.
This is now five games without a win for Swansea. They dither on the ball just long enough for you to get back into position. They delay the tackle just that extra moment. They let you play.
“I can’t sit here and make excuses, it wasn’t good enough,” manager Paul Clement said afterwards. “When you’re in a battle for survival, you’d expect the basics to be done a lot better than that. They’re clearly anxious.”
Had Lukasz Fabianski not been at his very best, the scoreline might have been embarrassing. Swansea passes went astray, set-pieces went straight out of play. Most gravely of all, shortly before half-time, when the wily Kouyaté bore down on goal after receiving the ball from Robert Snodgrass, no Swansea player ventured near him."

There's more. But I think that says it all.

We're too nice.. on 22:02 - Apr 9 with 3479 viewsphact0rri

Swansea City the Canadians of the English football pyramid.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

We're too nice.. on 22:03 - Apr 9 with 3477 viewsEdmundo

Bring back Bodde.......He had some 'dog' in him!👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

We're too nice.. on 22:03 - Apr 9 with 3476 viewsunion_jack

Dither on the ball

Delay in the tackle

This precisely!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

We're too nice.. on 22:11 - Apr 9 with 3436 viewsKerouac

We're too nice.. on 22:03 - Apr 9 by union_jack

Dither on the ball

Delay in the tackle

This precisely!!

Yep

Another thing that has long annoyed me is not crossing the ball first time.
They always, ALWAYS, stop the ball dead (giving an extra few seconds to the defender to close down) before crossing.

Is this just me?
I always used to find it easier to whip in a good cross when the ball was laid off or played in front of me.

Our lot play the game like they've got all the time in the bloody world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

We're too nice.. on 22:13 - Apr 9 with 3427 viewsNeathJack

Epitomised by us kicking the ball out of play for Andre Ayew to recieve treatment when it was plainly obvious there was nothing wrong with him.

Not enough leaders and downright nasty bastards in the squad.
We're too nice.. on 22:14 - Apr 9 with 3422 viewsjack2jack

We're too nice.. on 22:11 - Apr 9 by Kerouac

Yep

They always, ALWAYS, stop the ball dead (giving an extra few seconds to the defender to close down) before crossing.

Is this just me?
I always used to find it easier to whip in a good cross when the ball was laid off or played in front of me.

Like Tom's and Leroy's!
Back of the net.Boom!
We're too nice.. on 22:40 - Apr 9 with 3335 viewsKilkennyjack

Its true mind.

Ash, Bony, and joey all gave us an edge that we no longer have.

The evil genius Bodde would have given us more than an edge .....😇

Beware of the Risen People

We're too nice.. on 22:53 - Apr 9 with 3283 viewsSwanjaxs

Let's face it we're fùcked, Welsh sport in general is fùcked, Swans are down, the Welsh national side has shot their bolt, Glamorgan CCC are a laughing stock, can anybody come up with a Welsh success story at the moment? ..... I'm off to bed now to rock myself to sleep 😓😓😓

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

We're too nice.. on 23:11 - Apr 9 with 3228 viewsCooperman

We're too nice - this has been said several times already this season. We don't get in the faces of the opposition too much, we are too courteous when someone feigns injury and generally speaking we don't have that streak in us that wins other teams the odd dubious decision or odd goal.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

We're too nice.. on 23:51 - Apr 9 with 3169 viewsKilkennyjack

We're too nice.. on 22:53 - Apr 9 by Swanjaxs

Let's face it we're fùcked, Welsh sport in general is fùcked, Swans are down, the Welsh national side has shot their bolt, Glamorgan CCC are a laughing stock, can anybody come up with a Welsh success story at the moment? ..... I'm off to bed now to rock myself to sleep 😓😓😓

Or - swans are in record breaking 6th season in top flight football, wales are in the best 4 sides in Europe after first tourno since 58, bale is arguably in top 3 players in the world, welsh rugby beat Ireland who beat 6n champions England, Calzaghe remains arguably the best british boxer of all time, and the williams sisters dominate wonen's tennis still. 🏆👍

Beware of the Risen People

We're too nice.. on 00:32 - Apr 10 with 3096 viewsDewi1jack

We're too nice.. on 22:40 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

Its true mind.

Ash, Bony, and joey all gave us an edge that we no longer have.

The evil genius Bodde would have given us more than an edge .....😇

The evil one definitely punched above his weight.
Pretty good with the head anywhere on the field as well.

Pity injury cut his career short. We'll always wonder if the lad could have made the grade in the Prem.
Remember we were wrong about Dobbie so no guarantees

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

We're too nice.. on 00:46 - Apr 10 with 3081 viewsLeonWasGod

We're too nice.. on 23:51 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

Or - swans are in record breaking 6th season in top flight football, wales are in the best 4 sides in Europe after first tourno since 58, bale is arguably in top 3 players in the world, welsh rugby beat Ireland who beat 6n champions England, Calzaghe remains arguably the best british boxer of all time, and the williams sisters dominate wonen's tennis still. 🏆👍

Let's not forget our ping pong kid - a phenomenal talent by the looks of it

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/39447370
We're too nice.. on 02:09 - Apr 10 with 3013 viewsphact0rri

We're too nice.. on 23:51 - Apr 9 by Kilkennyjack

Well said. I've not always had an eye on sport, but I can't remember a time when we had so many sides in international and club form sport getting so much exposure and doing so well. yes we are never going to have the population and dosh for the infrastructure of larger countries... but we are regularly competing in the highest levels of sport.

Sure our club side is having a rough year. But we are a much smaller club than most of those around us. To think we've been competing as we have these last years is an amazing achievement. And whatever happens, these last few years have been a great time to be a swans supporter.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

We're too nice.. on 02:49 - Apr 10 with 2989 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

" Most gravely of all, shortly before half-time, when the wily Kouyaté bore down on goal after receiving the ball from Robert Snodgrass, no Swansea player ventured near him."

Defensive midfielder Jack Cork was near him. Unfortunately he was too lazy or afraid to sprint after him. Perhaps he did not want to tear a muscle? We will never know. Jack Cork lets players jog past him many times each match. Southampton knew this and deemed him 5th/6th/7th choice. Yet he starts and captains our side.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

We're too nice.. on 07:50 - Apr 10 with 2805 views34dfgdf54

We're too nice.. on 02:49 - Apr 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

" Most gravely of all, shortly before half-time, when the wily Kouyaté bore down on goal after receiving the ball from Robert Snodgrass, no Swansea player ventured near him."

Defensive midfielder Jack Cork was near him. Unfortunately he was too lazy or afraid to sprint after him. Perhaps he did not want to tear a muscle? We will never know. Jack Cork lets players jog past him many times each match. Southampton knew this and deemed him 5th/6th/7th choice. Yet he starts and captains our side.

Jack Cork is not lazy, or afraid, just nowhere near good enough for the standard he finds himself playing.

I do find it hard saying that about Cork, because as the article says, he seems a really nice bloke, but he's a soft touch. Not many people agree, but I believe central midfield is where we are weakest. No bite, no one to take the game by the scruff of the neck. One of the main reasons we are where we are.
We're too nice.. on 09:27 - Apr 10 with 2694 viewsunion_jack

We're too nice.. on 22:11 - Apr 9 by Kerouac

Yep

Is this just me?

I'm reminded of a Harry Enfield type sketch set in the 30s when the player receives the ball, traps it side footed, stands on the ball, hands on hips, chest puffed.

Then pass it backwards!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

We're too nice.. on 09:34 - Apr 10 with 2673 viewsploppy

We're too nice.. on 07:50 - Apr 10 by 34dfgdf54

Jack Cork is not lazy, or afraid, just nowhere near good enough for the standard he finds himself playing.

I do find it hard saying that about Cork, because as the article says, he seems a really nice bloke, but he's a soft touch. Not many people agree, but I believe central midfield is where we are weakest. No bite, no one to take the game by the scruff of the neck. One of the main reasons we are where we are.

Jack Cork has no pace, that's why players can run past him.
We're too nice.. on 09:36 - Apr 10 with 2669 viewsperchrockjack

I'm a nice guy but I wouldnt pick me as captain.

Only joshing as Id slaughter most of my colleagues,if I were Cork.

Its on the money is that article.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

We're too nice.. on 09:57 - Apr 10 with 2630 viewsdickythorpe

Perch, if I were captain I'd be sacked by half time! either that or I'd explode!!

Nothing is over yet, but I'll have no complaints if we go down - we've been gash!!!
We're too nice.. on 10:23 - Apr 10 with 2599 viewsperchrockjack

Me too dicky

This is far from over,of course, but our despondency is based on what we see, whether on TV OR LIVE

We can do this but we need the Lib to be on fire and really tear into opponents.

We have not. Its why I cant stomach going. I just want to punch those around me.

Show passion, desire, hate and love ;just go ,if not dont go as its a seat wasted

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

We're too nice.. on 13:44 - Apr 10 with 2375 viewstomdickharry

We're too nice.. on 22:03 - Apr 9 by Edmundo

Bring back Bodde.......He had some 'dog' in him!👍

Leeds v Swans in the Championship (don't know date),the Bodde v Johnny Howson on or around the halfway line,bet Howson still remembers the tackle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024