Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ynysforgan Roundabout 10:25 - Apr 17 with 6547 viewsNogginthenog

New lane markings feckin ridiculous, discuss.

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:31 - Apr 17 with 5958 viewsjack2jack

It wasn't​ perfect before,especially if you were a visitor to the area,but now they thrown it into confusion again.My mantra is if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.
Wouldn't be surprised if there will be a few accidents now they've changed it!
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:35 - Apr 17 with 5950 viewsJackfath

It must be hard for those who cannot follow signs and road markings.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:39 - Apr 17 with 5944 viewsjack2jack

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:35 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

Indeed but the new markings were changed,and no new signs were erected!
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:41 - Apr 17 with 5937 viewsJackfath

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:39 - Apr 17 by jack2jack

Indeed but the new markings were changed,and no new signs were erected!

Incorrect. New signs are there and also road markings he changed. There are also collapsible yellow a boards on every entrance to the area saying " new road layout"

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:43 - Apr 17 with 5928 viewsNogginthenog

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:35 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

Yes indeed, they must all be thick.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:44 - Apr 17 with 5925 viewsjack2jack

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:41 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

Incorrect. New signs are there and also road markings he changed. There are also collapsible yellow a boards on every entrance to the area saying " new road layout"

I stand corrected,however i believe there was a delay in putting up the new permentant signs,which is what caused the initial confusion.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 10:45]
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:45 - Apr 17 with 5916 viewsJackfath

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:43 - Apr 17 by Nogginthenog

Yes indeed, they must all be thick.

That's a bit harsh. However when driving around it's painful how many people do not give the slightest shite for anyone else but themselves and are quick to blame others or indeed the road markings.

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:46 - Apr 17 with 5906 viewsJackfath

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:44 - Apr 17 by jack2jack

I stand corrected,however i believe there was a delay in putting up the new permentant signs,which is what caused the initial confusion.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 10:45]

Was there a delay in the road markings too?

Login to get fewer ads

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:55 - Apr 17 with 5880 viewsjack2jack

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:46 - Apr 17 by Jackfath

Was there a delay in the road markings too?

Drivers can be simple creatures,if they are not controlled, they are thrown into fits of confusion,common sense and indeed the basic rules of the road are ignored.
I can only assume that the daily rags article was there to fill those meager column inches,and something else to beat the council with.
I assume that it is folk who are not familiar with the layout who find it confusing!
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 13:40 - Apr 17 with 5748 viewsNeath_Jack

I hope they haven't got bilingual signs up there or else we could be talking catastrophic accidents happening.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 14:07 - Apr 17 with 5716 viewslifelong

If you are referring to traffic approaching from the West it's not confusing at all. There are two lanes approaching the roundabout where there are 6 options. Use the left hand lane if turning left towards Clydach or left along the Clydach by pass or straight on to rejoin the motorway. Use the right hand lane if you are turning right towards Swansea or right towards Morriston or right to rejoin the motorway.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 17:59 - Apr 17 with 5557 viewsLoyal

It's easy to live your life without going near Ynysfckingorgan.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 19:32 - Apr 17 with 5502 viewsNogginthenog

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 17:59 - Apr 17 by Loyal

It's easy to live your life without going near Ynysfckingorgan.

Cool head now Loyal, i have to negotiate it daily.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 22:08 - Apr 17 with 5403 viewssketty_jack

It hasn't changed, it's just no one followed the signs and markings before. They've now made the markings clearer for this reason!
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 22:21 - Apr 17 with 5354 viewsjack2jack

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 22:08 - Apr 17 by sketty_jack

It hasn't changed, it's just no one followed the signs and markings before. They've now made the markings clearer for this reason!

Apparently they have changed,to allow for better flow in some lanes which were under utilised.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 23:18 - Apr 17 with 5316 viewsLeonWasGod

Which one of you sad buggers has been out there filming it?

That's you fathy isn't it?
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 23:59 - Apr 17 with 5286 viewsLoyal

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 19:32 - Apr 17 by Nogginthenog

Cool head now Loyal, i have to negotiate it daily.

There are other ways.
That would make you cool.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 07:33 - Apr 18 with 5210 viewssketty_jack

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 22:21 - Apr 17 by jack2jack

Apparently they have changed,to allow for better flow in some lanes which were under utilised.

Looks exactly the same to me, except they've made an effort to try and stop people doing it wrong like in the above video.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 07:53 - Apr 18 with 5191 viewsMillJack

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 14:07 - Apr 17 by lifelong

If you are referring to traffic approaching from the West it's not confusing at all. There are two lanes approaching the roundabout where there are 6 options. Use the left hand lane if turning left towards Clydach or left along the Clydach by pass or straight on to rejoin the motorway. Use the right hand lane if you are turning right towards Swansea or right towards Morriston or right to rejoin the motorway.

That's not right.

You should use the left-hand lane, to enter the roundabout, if turning right to take the dual carriageway towards Swansea (exiting in the left-hand lane) as well taking the Clydach, Pontardawe or M4 eastbound exits as you said.

The right lane is also for taking the dual towards Swansea but exiting in the right lane, as well as taking the Ynysforgan turn off or rejoining the M4 westbound.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:42]
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 22:20 - Apr 26 with 4965 viewsNogginthenog

Well what an almighty mess theyve made of this. They have changed all the lanes but failed to adjust the traffic light sequence and now its an absolute mess with lanes blocked waiting for lights to change. If this is progress we are all f99ked. I knew it would not work.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 08:51 - Apr 27 with 4837 viewsjack2jack

The queues from Glais to Ynysforgan were horrendous yesterday morning.
'City and County of Swansea working for you'!
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 09:19 - Apr 27 with 4816 viewsNogginthenog

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 08:51 - Apr 27 by jack2jack

The queues from Glais to Ynysforgan were horrendous yesterday morning.
'City and County of Swansea working for you'!

Fecking lunkheads
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 4805 viewslifelong

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 07:53 - Apr 18 by MillJack

That's not right.

You should use the left-hand lane, to enter the roundabout, if turning right to take the dual carriageway towards Swansea (exiting in the left-hand lane) as well taking the Clydach, Pontardawe or M4 eastbound exits as you said.

The right lane is also for taking the dual towards Swansea but exiting in the right lane, as well as taking the Ynysforgan turn off or rejoining the M4 westbound.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:42]

What's not right is using the left hand lane approaching a roundabout and you intend turning right.
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 4794 viewsNogginthenog

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 09:26 - Apr 27 by lifelong

What's not right is using the left hand lane approaching a roundabout and you intend turning right.

Pmsl no wonder this nation is fooked
Ynysforgan Roundabout on 09:48 - Apr 27 with 4783 viewsSTID2017

Ynysforgan Roundabout on 10:55 - Apr 17 by jack2jack

Drivers can be simple creatures,if they are not controlled, they are thrown into fits of confusion,common sense and indeed the basic rules of the road are ignored.
I can only assume that the daily rags article was there to fill those meager column inches,and something else to beat the council with.
I assume that it is folk who are not familiar with the layout who find it confusing!

This is true.
I'm sure most, if not all of us, remember practising basics like the three point turn in our lessons.
Yet the attitude many drivers get when I actually execute one, or actually use the mini roundabout at the junction of Wern Road / Crymlyn Road / Pen yr Ally as a roundabiout to do an about turn, makes me wonder did they all do a different test from me ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024