Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault 06:52 - Apr 18 with 13363 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The only thing that is and will remain more of a heartbreak than seeing relegation, is seeing what has become of this guy, after all he has done. From the start of this, the most important constant is him. Yeah, I get that there may be really good reasons to be upset with him over the vague activities of this nightmare. But the way he has just been fully dismissed as a complete sellout and traitor is an absurd and unfairly tragic ending for a guy who has been mixed up in the center of a whirlwind since 2002.

This situation now is the fault in the new owners, maybe 80% if we're being generous, but who gives a squirt at that point? This is only because of the Bradley hire, and the points lost against bad teams at the end of that short disaster.

Which was just simply NOT Jenkins' decision.

I think Leviathon and the other guy are well meaning. They are less in this for the money than most of douchebags who own teams. But they made one big call, they brought us Bradley, which leaves us with a "other than the point blank shot in the back of your husband's head, how did you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?" position to judge these &@+ing guys.

So, they fail. And I can't talk, because I loudly thought Brad Bobley would be a great Defensive Coordinator and Linebacker Coach, which leaves me euphoric that I will never be in charge of these kinds of decisions.

Huw Jenkins, after defining his life over the last dozen plus years, probably made some tough calls as a tired guy in a tough political position. He doesn't deserve worship, and he is not beyond reproach, but he deseves the benefit of the doubt over his intentions, most of all from the people who have enjoyed this journey.

I would bet my life that this season is killing him, as much as ANY of you. Pick him up, don't bury him. He has done his best, I believe. I touted Atom Bombley, but I am right this time.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:27 - Apr 18 with 1239 viewsmonmouth

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:19 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

Fair play, this is a post I disagree with as much as the OP.

There were three groups of people that took this club to where it was - the sellouts, the Trust and the people of Swansea. One of those three (the sellouts), made themselves an enormous profit at the DIRECT EXPENSE of the other two groups. The deliberate direct expense.

There is no next level for God's sake. There is no one that the club could have been sold to to get us to a next level that DOES NOT EXIST for a club such as ourselves in anything other than a very, very long term.

The fact they sold to a bunch of idiots is neither here nor there in many ways.

It has nothing to do with wealth, or money that they now have. It's the whole deception that's made morons believe that a next level exists to excuse their underhand, appallingly deceitful behaviour.

God, people are easily taken in, they really are.

I feel your pain sister.

All true.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:32 - Apr 18 with 1223 viewslondonlisa2001

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:27 - Apr 18 by monmouth

I feel your pain sister.

All true.

The bit to me that's least painful is the thought of relegation. I mean I'm p*ssed off about it, but not in the same way as I would have been two years ago. Because I just don't care as much any more. The whole club is rotten and the rot needs to be cut away before it can begin to heal.

Better we do that in the premier league, but that's not as important as getting it done.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:43 - Apr 18 with 1206 viewsperchrockjack

Disagree all you want sister but you do NOT know it all.

Truly, honestly, you do not. You have opinions . No more no less

NO NEXT LEVEL ? Just what the feckity feck is that then. We might as well just knob off then.

There is always a next level. The fact You and others cant see it doesn't not negate that simple fact.

Next level for us will be lower. Revenue, fans,profile.

If Jenkins had sold to more savvy people ,it could ,should and would have done but sadly,such is his ineptness and utter stupidity he couldn't or wouldn't see this.

He could have sold ,as did the others, to the right people or better people and have us see a larger better day or "the next level"- larger stadium ,better commercial department or at least one in tune with 2017 , and a Marketing department worthy of the name.

The structure we have in place after six seasons beggars belief and its shaming we re in this position .

You need to genuinely understand opinions that differ from your own

We should also be united as fans. We clearly are not and we re seeing old Welsh traits of envy, bitterness and a siege mentality of the worst kind.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:57 - Apr 18 with 1175 viewsjack247

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:43 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

NO NEXT LEVEL ? Just what the feckity feck is that then. We might as well just knob off then.

There is always a next level. The fact You and others cant see it doesn't not negate that simple fact.

If Jenkins had sold to more savvy people ,it could ,should and would have done but sadly,such is his ineptness and utter stupidity he couldn't or wouldn't see this.

He could have sold ,as did the others, to the right people or better people and have us see a larger better day or "the next level"- larger stadium ,better commercial department or at least one in tune with 2017 , and a Marketing department worthy of the name.

The structure we have in place after six seasons beggars belief and its shaming we re in this position .

We should also be united as fans. We clearly are not and we re seeing old Welsh traits of envy, bitterness and a siege mentality of the worst kind.

She is right though. There is no next level (from where we were). Finishing middle of the pack with maybe an odd cup run is the most we could have expected without massive and sustained investment. Southampton would have been about our limit.

Jenkins isn't inept (maybe at recruitment) or stupid, he is just greedy. He knew full well he was selling to a bunch of chancers. He just wanted his money. I can't say for sure I wouldn't have done the same thing with a cheque for millions being waved in my face, but I'd like to think I wouldn't.

That's all it comes down to, the old board sold out and they lied about it.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:01 - Apr 18 with 1172 viewslondonlisa2001

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:43 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

I have no envy, or bitterness perchrock. No reason to feel those things.

We were a premier league club enjoying a few seasons finishing in the 8th to 12th bracket. We could look forward to cementing that, with the odd excursion into Europe, run in one of the cups, etc etc.

Gradual increase in stadium size, better training facilities leading to some local kids coming through the ranks over a 5 to 10 year period. There was NO NEXT LEVEL AVAILABLE TO US except as I say, possibly over a very very long time period. Because the 'next level' is occupied by clubs that we cannot compete with.
The fact that you can't see that is not my problem.

And stop being so f*cking rude all the time - it's really beginning to p*ss me off.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:33 - Apr 18 with 1122 viewspencoedjack

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:01 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

I have no envy, or bitterness perchrock. No reason to feel those things.

We were a premier league club enjoying a few seasons finishing in the 8th to 12th bracket. We could look forward to cementing that, with the odd excursion into Europe, run in one of the cups, etc etc.

Gradual increase in stadium size, better training facilities leading to some local kids coming through the ranks over a 5 to 10 year period. There was NO NEXT LEVEL AVAILABLE TO US except as I say, possibly over a very very long time period. Because the 'next level' is occupied by clubs that we cannot compete with.
The fact that you can't see that is not my problem.

And stop being so f*cking rude all the time - it's really beginning to p*ss me off.

Spot on Lisa
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:40 - Apr 18 with 1108 viewsploppy

To me, people are conflating two issues - HJ selling out and our fall from grace. I don't think our impending relegation is related to HJ selling out, but each to his own.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:49 - Apr 18 with 1090 viewsperchrockjack

You give it Lisa so be prepared to take it

You patronise

You re not right at all.

You might not be wrong

If you re pissed off ,put me on ignore , or show some respect ,eh

Next level? There is always a next level both up and down

We could and should be where Stoke City is

I'd,the next level

Login to get fewer ads

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 1082 viewsdobjack2

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:40 - Apr 18 by ploppy

To me, people are conflating two issues - HJ selling out and our fall from grace. I don't think our impending relegation is related to HJ selling out, but each to his own.

I would disagree in that it was what has taken place prior to the share sale that has laid the foundations for our fall from grace. The share sale has just accelerated the timing of the fall.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 1072 viewsperchrockjack

Plop

It's down to players being bought who have been of less quality than those sold

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:58 - Apr 18 with 1072 viewslondonlisa2001

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 13:49 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

You give it Lisa so be prepared to take it

You patronise

You re not right at all.

You might not be wrong

If you re pissed off ,put me on ignore , or show some respect ,eh

Next level? There is always a next level both up and down

We could and should be where Stoke City is

I'd,the next level

I wasn't rude to you Perchrock, so why be rude back? But why the hell would I put you on ignore? I don't care anywhere near enough about anything anyone says on a football message board to put them on ignore for God's sake.

As for the 'show you some respect' - why? I'll show you the same respect as I do for anyone else.

If you can't see that what you are saying is nonsense then fine, you carry on.

For several years, people have said 'look at Charlton - what a bunch of idiots, had a great future and threw it away for the mythical next level'. You'd have been one of the instigators.

As an aside, Stoke (who were not at the next level to us anyway), are owned by a billionaire.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 14:01 - Apr 18 with 1070 viewsUxbridge

Fair play. It takes a special post to bring together all factions of PS.

We are not where we are because Brad Bobley was appointed. We are where we are because of decisions made over the last 3 years or so. Appointing Monk, sanctioning the move to a Plan B while largely ripping up Plan A, recruitment that has been disjointed at best.

We are where we are because we have a squad of players that doesn't fit any particular style of play, is inherently weak in a number of key positions and is utterly dependent on whether one or two players are fit and on form. If we stay up, and it's odds against, it'd be despite all that.

Whatever division we find ourselves in next season, there needs to be a complete readjustment of the playing squad. Nobody is safe, even Gylfi as I suspect we'll need to sell some crown jewels to fund the exit of some others and bringing in other players. Whatever happens, we've put our eggs in the Clement basket and he needs to be given time.

Away from the coaching and squad, player recruitment, and retention, have clearly been woeful in recent years. What rationale is there for giving the likes of Routledge and Dyer both clearly on the downslope, long term contracts. Until this last window when we appointed Olsson and Carroll, we singularly failed to sign players who would have thrived under the passing game we played not so long ago (but seems like a lifetime) and surely must seek to try to recapture. Even then the likes of little Ayew and Narsingh were chucked in, and neither seem particularly fit for purpose.

So, inevitably, the question comes round to Jenkins. Do you judge him on the last 15 years or the last 4? For me, it has to be the latter.

From a Trust perspective, the challenges are different. It's difficult to separate the future from the acts of the sale, and many would question whether they should be anyway, but if we're being purely objective on whether he's the right man for the job then perhaps you should. If you do that, does his recent track record justify his retention? I'd say not but then others will point to retaining our status as long as we have.

However then you have the Americans very publicly hitching their wagon to him, plus we've all seen what happened the one time they made a footballing decision. Things can always get worse. However, you also couldn't tell me that there aren't plenty of other people out there suitably qualified for the role. You don't keep someone in the role because you don't know who'll replace him.

Lots of things for the Trust board to consider in the summer in determining whether to agitate for a change or not. Which, given the majority of the Trust board will also be subject to re-election/reappointment this summer, could be entirely dependent on who stands and who the members vote for ... will people stand on a platform of backing or sacking HJ for example?Interesting times ahead.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 14:08 - Apr 18 with 1052 viewsperchrockjack

Thanks Andrew.
Must be tough for you right now

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 14:11 - Apr 18 with 1042 viewsjasfan

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 14:01 - Apr 18 by Uxbridge

We are not where we are because Brad Bobley was appointed. We are where we are because of decisions made over the last 3 years or so. Appointing Monk, sanctioning the move to a Plan B while largely ripping up Plan A, recruitment that has been disjointed at best.

We are where we are because we have a squad of players that doesn't fit any particular style of play, is inherently weak in a number of key positions and is utterly dependent on whether one or two players are fit and on form. If we stay up, and it's odds against, it'd be despite all that.

Whatever division we find ourselves in next season, there needs to be a complete readjustment of the playing squad. Nobody is safe, even Gylfi as I suspect we'll need to sell some crown jewels to fund the exit of some others and bringing in other players. Whatever happens, we've put our eggs in the Clement basket and he needs to be given time.

Away from the coaching and squad, player recruitment, and retention, have clearly been woeful in recent years. What rationale is there for giving the likes of Routledge and Dyer both clearly on the downslope, long term contracts. Until this last window when we appointed Olsson and Carroll, we singularly failed to sign players who would have thrived under the passing game we played not so long ago (but seems like a lifetime) and surely must seek to try to recapture. Even then the likes of little Ayew and Narsingh were chucked in, and neither seem particularly fit for purpose.

So, inevitably, the question comes round to Jenkins. Do you judge him on the last 15 years or the last 4? For me, it has to be the latter.

From a Trust perspective, the challenges are different. It's difficult to separate the future from the acts of the sale, and many would question whether they should be anyway, but if we're being purely objective on whether he's the right man for the job then perhaps you should. If you do that, does his recent track record justify his retention? I'd say not but then others will point to retaining our status as long as we have.

However then you have the Americans very publicly hitching their wagon to him, plus we've all seen what happened the one time they made a footballing decision. Things can always get worse. However, you also couldn't tell me that there aren't plenty of other people out there suitably qualified for the role. You don't keep someone in the role because you don't know who'll replace him.

Lots of things for the Trust board to consider in the summer in determining whether to agitate for a change or not. Which, given the majority of the Trust board will also be subject to re-election/reappointment this summer, could be entirely dependent on who stands and who the members vote for ... will people stand on a platform of backing or sacking HJ for example?Interesting times ahead.

Fair post. I agree with much of this.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 14:58 - Apr 18 with 984 viewsUxbridge

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 14:08 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

Thanks Andrew.
Must be tough for you right now

Tougher for others I'd wager. I've alternated between acceptance and hope all season. I'm currently back at the former.

Change doesn't worry me though. Change is often good, brings opportunities and is often necessary.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:19 - Apr 18 with 954 viewsSmellyplumz

Yeah and I think you have to factor in the failures of the trust as well, it's difficult to work out which side the trust is on at the moment.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:37 - Apr 18 with 922 viewsDarran

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 12:19 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

Fair play, this is a post I disagree with as much as the OP.

There were three groups of people that took this club to where it was - the sellouts, the Trust and the people of Swansea. One of those three (the sellouts), made themselves an enormous profit at the DIRECT EXPENSE of the other two groups. The deliberate direct expense.

There is no next level for God's sake. There is no one that the club could have been sold to to get us to a next level that DOES NOT EXIST for a club such as ourselves in anything other than a very, very long term.

The fact they sold to a bunch of idiots is neither here nor there in many ways.

It has nothing to do with wealth, or money that they now have. It's the whole deception that's made morons believe that a next level exists to excuse their underhand, appallingly deceitful behaviour.

God, people are easily taken in, they really are.

He's a clown Lisa and an extra special clown at that.
Just about nobody other than the sellouts,the buyers and perchrockjack wanted this sale.
Try telling that to perchrockjack now though and you'll be accused of abusing him,it's 'his' club see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:48 - Apr 18 with 905 viewsThursday

All this bickering is ruining the season.
This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:51 - Apr 18 with 898 viewsperchrockjack

Darren aside Lisa ...lets sort this

I d didn't refer to you as being rude but patronising. I stand by that. I m guilty of it myself .

One can post in several veins on here. It's hard to differentiate .

I am a tricky fooker. Never claimed to be otherwise. I'm also capricious ,quarrelsome and sometimes obnoxious but I'm comfortable in my own skin.

Darran has only one perspective and one aim .that is to treat this site as an adjunct to his social life ,which is basically searching social media and trawling around for something salacious to say or just copy and paste. I eschew all that garbage. Darran simply derails ,as you well know

Stoke City are an example of a club once skint in an old crumbling edifice but now reborn . This club was sold but those who took it on have given the fans a club to be proud of . They are . It's why they re so loud .you ll hear them Saturday as they effectively consign us to the next level..down..

I'm afraid if I am the only thing kin life that pisssses you off then you ve done well. Keep it up down in the capital

You obviously show interle to but don't assume anything as to what posters are like or have in their minds

Now, we ve given Darran yet more food for him to gorge on.

Truly, a brave man but sadly one now with a rather bitter side which he has masked until I exposed him as a liar,bullshitter and charlatan .

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:54 - Apr 18 with 893 viewsDarran

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:51 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

I d didn't refer to you as being rude but patronising. I stand by that. I m guilty of it myself .

I am a tricky fooker. Never claimed to be otherwise. I'm also capricious ,quarrelsome and sometimes obnoxious but I'm comfortable in my own skin.

Darran has only one perspective and one aim .that is to treat this site as an adjunct to his social life ,which is basically searching social media and trawling around for something salacious to say or just copy and paste. I eschew all that garbage. Darran simply derails ,as you well know

Stoke City are an example of a club once skint in an old crumbling edifice but now reborn . This club was sold but those who took it on have given the fans a club to be proud of . They are . It's why they re so loud .you ll hear them Saturday as they effectively consign us to the next level..down..

I'm afraid if I am the only thing kin life that pisssses you off then you ve done well. Keep it up down in the capital

You obviously show interle to but don't assume anything as to what posters are like or have in their minds

Truly, a brave man but sadly one now with a rather bitter side which he has masked until I exposed him as a liar,bullshitter and charlatan .

Could you tell the posters of Planet Swans what I've lied about please?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 15:55]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 16:01 - Apr 18 with 879 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins has to go. No two ways about it. As I've said it very much appears as if he's dined out on the work of others. 500 thousand fûcking sheets a year for that incompetent cūnt to fúck us up. Why doesn't he fúck off?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 16:02 - Apr 18 with 878 viewsskippyjack

The sad fact?.. Huw has absolutely no idea what he's getting himself into.. none of the sellouts do..

The depth meter is breaking.. he'd better get one of his female family members married to somebody with real financial clout.. otherwise he'll end up in a grave.

He really has no f*cking clue about the capitalist world.. none of them have 'any knowledge' or relevant qualifications at the highest level Universities in the world..

It's a different ball game at the global summit.

Does he genuinely want to get involved with something he is clearly depthless in?

Someone needs a word with him.. take the money at your peril Huw boy.. I know exactly what they'll do to you.

You're dancing with the 'elites' Huw boy.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 16:16 - Apr 18 with 848 viewswaynekerr55

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 16:02 - Apr 18 by skippyjack

The sad fact?.. Huw has absolutely no idea what he's getting himself into.. none of the sellouts do..

The depth meter is breaking.. he'd better get one of his female family members married to somebody with real financial clout.. otherwise he'll end up in a grave.

He really has no f*cking clue about the capitalist world.. none of them have 'any knowledge' or relevant qualifications at the highest level Universities in the world..

It's a different ball game at the global summit.

Does he genuinely want to get involved with something he is clearly depthless in?

Someone needs a word with him.. take the money at your peril Huw boy.. I know exactly what they'll do to you.

You're dancing with the 'elites' Huw boy.

😂😂😂😂🤣

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 16:22 - Apr 18 with 834 viewsjack247

This is not Huw Jenkins' fault on 15:51 - Apr 18 by perchrockjack

Look out. Perch is off one one of his capricious enigma rants again.
N/A. on 16:26 - Apr 18 with 820 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:25]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024