Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36442 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 18:05 - Apr 19 with 949 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 17:28 - Apr 19 by Ebo

She's a coward Bluey. She is lost without her script and her rabble, and you don't want to see a TV debate because you know deep down she would crumble. If she can't debate on TV what is she going to be like when talking to 27 other countries.

This post has been edited by an administrator

No, I don't want to see ANY Tv debate of the leaders because they are utterly unproductive.
I said that before, keep saying it, will always keep saying it.

You may want sundbite politics a la Yoo-Ess-Eh... nobody reasonable would want it...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 18:07 - Apr 19 with 945 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 17:30 - Apr 19 by Ebo

Well she has been told by the EU that there will be no talks until AFTER any election.

I love watching the EU make her their bitch.

C*nt, bitch.

Do all Labour voters have mummy issues?

EU can really say what they want tbh. Merkel will want a deal done ASAP that's all that matters.

General Election on 18:09 - Apr 19 with 937 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 17:48 - Apr 19 by londonlisa2001

Partly, hopefully at least.

But also the timing was awful, with the 2 year deadline coming bang up against the starts of the election process if she hadn't done this. Also if Brexit is a disaster, there's wouldn't have been long enough before the election for them to recover. This way they'll have 3 years.

I think it was the best timing tbh. Issuing Article 50 means the process is underway. Call the GE earlier, the issuing of A50 would have been delayed.

General Election on 18:10 - Apr 19 with 931 viewslonglostjack

General Election on 18:07 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

C*nt, bitch.

Do all Labour voters have mummy issues?

EU can really say what they want tbh. Merkel will want a deal done ASAP that's all that matters.

I'd love to see a debate between May and Merkel. Merkel would wipe the floor with her. Different calibre.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

General Election on 18:11 - Apr 19 with 929 viewsLohengrin

General Election on 17:55 - Apr 19 by londonlisa2001

No one 'in the game' should give a toss about Nicola Trampie. If she loses a single seat from where she is, that's a big issue for her. She'll be dreading this.

Leanne on the other hand, may be the first politician in history who gets out-debated by a chair.

"Leanne on the other hand, may be the first politician in history who gets out-debated by a chair."

Very good, that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

General Election on 18:13 - Apr 19 with 922 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 17:55 - Apr 19 by londonlisa2001

No one 'in the game' should give a toss about Nicola Trampie. If she loses a single seat from where she is, that's a big issue for her. She'll be dreading this.

Leanne on the other hand, may be the first politician in history who gets out-debated by a chair.

Indeed. Trampie's love of any (g)nat leader is wonderful to see.

SNP haven't swept Holyrood, so she can't count her chickens on repeating the anti-Labour sentiment of the last GE up in Scotland - especially now Scots have seen exactly what they do running Jockland ( cuts to NHS, increase of number of children in poverty up to 26% ). Can't keep banging that FREEEEEEEDOM drum, I'd be surprised if quite a few up there aren't fed up with the Neverendum demands.

They should still "win" Scotland, but I'd not be surprised to see Tories nick a few more seats.

General Election on 18:15 - Apr 19 with 915 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 18:10 - Apr 19 by longlostjack

I'd love to see a debate between May and Merkel. Merkel would wipe the floor with her. Different calibre.

Nah, Merkel is overrated. Dominant financial power of Germany has made her look stronger than she really is - don't forget she's under massive pressure in Germany so may not even be back after their elections.

There's a lot more grit and steel to May than people think. EU can underestimate her all they like...

General Election on 18:40 - Apr 19 with 883 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Cmon general May , let's hear your pledges .

See if you can keep at least one promise without backtracking.

Get and debate them you coward .
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 18:41]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 18:48 - Apr 19 with 876 viewslonglostjack

General Election on 18:15 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Nah, Merkel is overrated. Dominant financial power of Germany has made her look stronger than she really is - don't forget she's under massive pressure in Germany so may not even be back after their elections.

There's a lot more grit and steel to May than people think. EU can underestimate her all they like...

Au contraire mon ami - underestimate Merkel at your peril. Massive pressure? I wager Mutti will still be there in October- Schultz already slipping in the polls.

General Election on 19:04 - Apr 19 with 863 viewsyescomeon

General Election on 15:20 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

I can kind of see a main reason for calling it now.

Tories will have an increased majority - it's safe to say a number of those will be soft brexit types. May campaigned for Remain, so it's feasible she's gambling the increased majority will give her room to stare down some of the more right wing hard brexiters.

It's also a shot across the bows at Sturgeon. Tories have overtaken Labour in Scotland, Davidson being a very effective leader ( and possible future PM ). Given SNP don't have all the seats in Holyrood, it's possible some gains could be made up there especially with those fed up of Sturgen's Neverendum for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.

It would also allow Lib Dems to make gains at Labour's expense, squeezing Labour from both sides.

The reasons for calling are probably those speculated after the above post. It's going to be interesting, I have no idea what Labour are going to do, do the take the pro-brexit stance pander to the labour vote that went to ukip or do they go anti-brexit to aiming for the 48%. Pretty obvious how lib dems are going to go, and the tories. But the tories are easy to attack over brexit. It feels like they have given away the high ground but still have the numbers advantage.

I'll be interested to see if the young vote can be woken up as that could really swing it, if brexit is a kick in the ass to get them to vote, then nothing will, it's a real wake-up call.

Upthecity!

General Election on 20:09 - Apr 19 with 818 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 18:48 - Apr 19 by longlostjack

Au contraire mon ami - underestimate Merkel at your peril. Massive pressure? I wager Mutti will still be there in October- Schultz already slipping in the polls.

Long time till October. A few more terror attacks and her open invitation for everyone to flood to Germany will bite her on the arse.

I'd imagine quite a few will also not be too impressed she didn't use Germany's financial clout to pressure EU to give Britain a deal which would have led to a Remain win. When they realise how much more they'll have to pay to subsidise Greece et al...

General Election on 20:13 - Apr 19 with 810 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 19:04 - Apr 19 by yescomeon

The reasons for calling are probably those speculated after the above post. It's going to be interesting, I have no idea what Labour are going to do, do the take the pro-brexit stance pander to the labour vote that went to ukip or do they go anti-brexit to aiming for the 48%. Pretty obvious how lib dems are going to go, and the tories. But the tories are easy to attack over brexit. It feels like they have given away the high ground but still have the numbers advantage.

I'll be interested to see if the young vote can be woken up as that could really swing it, if brexit is a kick in the ass to get them to vote, then nothing will, it's a real wake-up call.

I think it's irrelevant what Labour do tbh. Momentum wanted all those evil centralists who actually won elections to be replaced by diehard Comrade Corbyn fanatics - NEC have shot that down. Which is a double edged sword - inevitable Labour loss, Corbynistas rage against those "red tories" that cost Corbyn the PM gig... he may even then stay on as the party approaches the iceberg.

We were told the young wanted to Remain, we were told it's their futures... f*ck all of them voted. It's not a wake-up call - for every rabid sixth form Labourite wanting EU membership, it's going to happen irrespective of their views...

General Election on 20:29 - Apr 19 with 801 viewsexiledclaseboy

May's stated reason for not wanting TV debates is questionable to say the least. "I want to get my message to as many people as possible".

No better way of doing that than on TV with 10m people watching. I'm convinced she'll end up doing at least one like Cameron did in 2015.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 20:34]

Poll: Tory leader

General Election on 20:36 - Apr 19 with 786 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 18:11 - Apr 19 by Lohengrin

"Leanne on the other hand, may be the first politician in history who gets out-debated by a chair."

Very good, that.

That's up there with Andy Legg's volley that stuck in the station ala 'top bins' against Grobellar down the Vetch against Stoke 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 20:45 - Apr 19 with 767 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 17:21 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

I sense it was called for fear of Brexit talks being derailed by the further right, the uber hard Brexiteers. Bigger majority gives her more scope to face down any rebels.

Jesus, Bluey. She called an election cos Labour's a shambles and she'll get a full five years with a thumping majority. Nothing wrong with that, it's what any career politician would do but let's not be pretend it's been done for the good of the nation or anything other than party political reasons.

Poll: Tory leader

General Election on 21:30 - Apr 19 with 733 viewslonglostjack

General Election on 20:09 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Long time till October. A few more terror attacks and her open invitation for everyone to flood to Germany will bite her on the arse.

I'd imagine quite a few will also not be too impressed she didn't use Germany's financial clout to pressure EU to give Britain a deal which would have led to a Remain win. When they realise how much more they'll have to pay to subsidise Greece et al...

Sounds like a bit of wishful thinking regarding terrorist attacks but I''ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you wouldn't stoop so low. Why on earth should they have offered Eton boy anything? Talk about living on an island - insular thinking doesn't come into it. So so arrogant.

General Election on 21:55 - Apr 19 with 710 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 20:45 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

Jesus, Bluey. She called an election cos Labour's a shambles and she'll get a full five years with a thumping majority. Nothing wrong with that, it's what any career politician would do but let's not be pretend it's been done for the good of the nation or anything other than party political reasons.

Labour has been a shambles the last 18 months.

Timing is to ease a less than completely hard brexit in.

General Election on 22:02 - Apr 19 with 702 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

General Election on 21:55 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Labour has been a shambles the last 18 months.

Timing is to ease a less than completely hard brexit in.

That's bolloxs

It's been in a mess for 5+ years.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

General Election on 22:04 - Apr 19 with 701 viewsDrizzy

General Election on 09:51 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

Aw bless - the student is teaching us grown-ups about politics now.

"Here's hoping Theresa can steer the Conservatives to centrist ground"

You fücking aching simpleton - aye, let's "hope" eh? The lack of a credible, electable opposition is going to give a blank cheque to this lot for another full term. Some of us were there for the 1983 fiasco and it's about to repeated with fûcking bells on.

Out of touch, eh? Bookmark this thread and come back after the election results. Or better still, after a few years of unfettered Tory government. Don't cry about austerity, welfare or the NHS - just get used to it, you've got five more years to come.

Enjoy your protest vote.

ps KT? Arf! SW.

Come on now I finished university in July, Phil. The student jokes are becoming as tiresome as your tirades about electability. You've got your buzzphrase from Andrew Thorpe or whoever penned the latest "History of Labour" book you've read.

In concurrence with the theme of stating the f*cking obvious, the only electable Labour government of the last 40 years has proven to be one of the most corrupt establishments and detached from the party's core values that you claim to champion. The sad reality is that so are you, no matter how many doors you knocked in the '70s, trapped inside the M25 bubble with your biggest concern being Southern Rail strikes. You haven't a clue about what engages young people in politics.

Not to mention the hilarious assertion that Theresa May's watered down conservatism is going to have the same effect as Thatcherism. I'll be sure to come back to you in a five years, if senility hasn't got the better of you, to find that very little has changed.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

General Election on 23:22 - Apr 19 with 656 viewsperchrockjack

So frizzy is a kid just finished uni with a whole life in front of him ,to learn just what it's all about.

I ll leave him to you Philip in the morning

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

General Election on 23:37 - Apr 19 with 650 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 22:04 - Apr 19 by Drizzy

Come on now I finished university in July, Phil. The student jokes are becoming as tiresome as your tirades about electability. You've got your buzzphrase from Andrew Thorpe or whoever penned the latest "History of Labour" book you've read.

In concurrence with the theme of stating the f*cking obvious, the only electable Labour government of the last 40 years has proven to be one of the most corrupt establishments and detached from the party's core values that you claim to champion. The sad reality is that so are you, no matter how many doors you knocked in the '70s, trapped inside the M25 bubble with your biggest concern being Southern Rail strikes. You haven't a clue about what engages young people in politics.

Not to mention the hilarious assertion that Theresa May's watered down conservatism is going to have the same effect as Thatcherism. I'll be sure to come back to you in a five years, if senility hasn't got the better of you, to find that very little has changed.

Good to see you've replaced the Stevie G poster in your bedroom with a Che Guevara one. I suppose that's progress of a sort.

"Trapped inside the M25 bubble", " Southern Rail strikes"?
Do you use a random cliché generator to post these days? You were on safer ground with your "Neil Taylor's not that bad" schtick.

Frankly, I don't giving a flying fûck about "what engages young people in politics these days". Youthful idealism has always been a fleeting irrelevance. The new "Corbynista" members of the Labour Party are overwhelmingly middle aged, middle class and from the south east. Don't flatter yourself.

Couldn't give a flying fück about Southern Rail either, sunshine. I hardly ever use it.

By the way, no one's equating May with Thatcherism. However, with a huge majority and the absence of a credible opposition, they will almost certainly gravitate to the right despite what you "hope".
General Election on 23:40 - Apr 19 with 641 viewsperchrockjack

Better

For a man from humble beginnings ,you ve done well

Now, it is Tea or Dinner

Lunch or Dinner

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

General Election on 23:49 - Apr 19 with 636 viewsploppy

General Election on 20:29 - Apr 19 by exiledclaseboy

May's stated reason for not wanting TV debates is questionable to say the least. "I want to get my message to as many people as possible".

No better way of doing that than on TV with 10m people watching. I'm convinced she'll end up doing at least one like Cameron did in 2015.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 20:34]

10m people watching a TV debate? What's wrong with them? Haven't they got Netflix?
General Election on 23:52 - Apr 19 with 629 viewsDarran

General Election on 23:37 - Apr 19 by WarwickHunt

Good to see you've replaced the Stevie G poster in your bedroom with a Che Guevara one. I suppose that's progress of a sort.

"Trapped inside the M25 bubble", " Southern Rail strikes"?
Do you use a random cliché generator to post these days? You were on safer ground with your "Neil Taylor's not that bad" schtick.

Frankly, I don't giving a flying fûck about "what engages young people in politics these days". Youthful idealism has always been a fleeting irrelevance. The new "Corbynista" members of the Labour Party are overwhelmingly middle aged, middle class and from the south east. Don't flatter yourself.

Couldn't give a flying fück about Southern Rail either, sunshine. I hardly ever use it.

By the way, no one's equating May with Thatcherism. However, with a huge majority and the absence of a credible opposition, they will almost certainly gravitate to the right despite what you "hope".

Yep you're clearly not giving a flying fuçk Philip.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General Election on 23:55 - Apr 19 with 624 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 23:52 - Apr 19 by Darran

Yep you're clearly not giving a flying fuçk Philip.

Your comprehension skills need work, Dar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024