Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36464 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 15:37 - Apr 26 with 1328 viewsswanjackal

General Election on 14:16 - Apr 26 by perchrockjack

Thick

Ive been coiled worse

Where did that "spring" from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

General Election on 16:17 - Apr 26 with 1317 viewsJack_Meoff

General Election on 13:35 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

Labour have now said Corbyn won't attend TV debates if May doesn't.

Think that shows what Labour's policy for the debates was going to be - attack May rather than push Labour policies.

Oh do hush bluey that's pure conjecture. Don't try and cover her abject cowardice.

Here's Labour's policies. Which do you disagree with?

What are the Tories offering? Genuine question. Apart from 'Strong and Stable.' Yet more political soundbites.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/how-many-of-jeremy-corbyns-polic

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

General Election on 16:25 - Apr 26 with 1310 viewsblueytheblue

So why won't Corbyn do the TV debates then?

He's everything to gain by appearing with May not present - can present his policies, can mock May... no. He knows that he would then be the focus of attack by everybody else and wants no part of it. If May is a coward for not wanting to be in a situation that's designed to disadvantage the incumbent, well, so too is Corbyn a coward.

Citing a Labour supporting blog? Ho hum.

Rather than going on the carefully orchestrated soundbites, let's wait until the manifestos are actually published eh? Tories on the 8th, Labour on the 15th. Let's see what actually is being campaigned for...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 16:53 - Apr 26 with 1281 viewsjohnlangy

General Election on 16:25 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

He's everything to gain by appearing with May not present - can present his policies, can mock May... no. He knows that he would then be the focus of attack by everybody else and wants no part of it. If May is a coward for not wanting to be in a situation that's designed to disadvantage the incumbent, well, so too is Corbyn a coward.

Rather than going on the carefully orchestrated soundbites, let's wait until the manifestos are actually published eh? Tories on the 8th, Labour on the 15th. Let's see what actually is being campaigned for...

I think citing a Labour supporting blog gives a small amount of balance with the British press which is vastly supportive of the Conservatives.

I've just read the piece in his blog and, on first reading I didn't see anything I disagreed with. And i'm not a Labour voter.
General Election on 18:11 - Apr 26 with 1254 viewsJack_Meoff

General Election on 16:25 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

I don't think you can call anyone a coward after May's behaviour bluey.

That blog isn't a 'Labour supporting blog' per se. I've been reading it for years, and it's been critical enough of Labour over that period. It has a decent balance imo. Read it objectively/neutrally and see what you actually disagree with, rather than from a usual right/left perspective.

Fair comment last paragraph, though the pledges from Labour are clear. Let's see what the 8th brings.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

General Election on 18:15 - Apr 26 with 1247 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 18:11 - Apr 26 by Jack_Meoff

I don't think you can call anyone a coward after May's behaviour bluey.

That blog isn't a 'Labour supporting blog' per se. I've been reading it for years, and it's been critical enough of Labour over that period. It has a decent balance imo. Read it objectively/neutrally and see what you actually disagree with, rather than from a usual right/left perspective.

Fair comment last paragraph, though the pledges from Labour are clear. Let's see what the 8th brings.

If May is a coward then so too is Corbyn.

Corbyn for one is having a lucid moment.

He knows that within any TV debate, there's always one party who are the target for the others.

May attends, as incumbent PM, she's the one everyone else is after. That's why Corbyn wants her there.

May doesn't attend, perfect platform for Corbyn to get his policies across. Oh wait, with no May, he'll then be the target for the other parties ire.

So he's doing exactly what May has done. Corbyn wants a debate where he's not the primary target...

And that, folks, is why TV "debates" are ridiculous and pointless.

General Election on 18:27 - Apr 26 with 1238 viewsrock1n

This coward bollocks does my head in.

May could be beyond outstanding and lose. The incumbent will always lose in this situation.

It goes against our parliamentary tradition if we were electing a President it might makes sense but we have a a Parliamentary system.

If all labour have is to moan about this then I feel for you

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

General Election on 18:41 - Apr 26 with 1222 viewsJango

General Election on 18:15 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

If May is a coward then so too is Corbyn.

Corbyn for one is having a lucid moment.

He knows that within any TV debate, there's always one party who are the target for the others.

May attends, as incumbent PM, she's the one everyone else is after. That's why Corbyn wants her there.

May doesn't attend, perfect platform for Corbyn to get his policies across. Oh wait, with no May, he'll then be the target for the other parties ire.

So he's doing exactly what May has done. Corbyn wants a debate where he's not the primary target...

And that, folks, is why TV "debates" are ridiculous and pointless.

And as the prime minister she should be the target. If Corbyn does the debate, he becomes the target of the selected audience and selected questions by the tories media, He then looks the bad party whilst May sits on her ass hiding away gaining votes. Corbyn is not a dull man, if he thought for one moment he'd get a fair audience and a fair shot at getting his points across he'd do it
Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 19:03 - Apr 26 with 1208 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 18:41 - Apr 26 by Jango

And as the prime minister she should be the target. If Corbyn does the debate, he becomes the target of the selected audience and selected questions by the tories media, He then looks the bad party whilst May sits on her ass hiding away gaining votes. Corbyn is not a dull man, if he thought for one moment he'd get a fair audience and a fair shot at getting his points across he'd do it

So you're therefore accepting that there is zero benefit to any incumbent PM to do the farcical TV debates then.

Corbyn wants a free ride to attack May without being questioned to anywhere near the same degree. What does that say?

General Election on 19:17 - Apr 26 with 1199 viewsJango

General Election on 19:03 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

So you're therefore accepting that there is zero benefit to any incumbent PM to do the farcical TV debates then.

Corbyn wants a free ride to attack May without being questioned to anywhere near the same degree. What does that say?

No what I'm saying is as prime minister she should absolutely be involved in any debates. Corbyn wants May there knowing that even though the questions and audience will be hand picked for her benefit he'll be able to challenge her without her pre written jargon she only ever uses. Without her there he will be on a hiding to nothing. Yet again on PMQ's today she was a nervous, stuttering wreck everytime she was challenged.
General Election on 19:23 - Apr 26 with 1197 viewsexiledclaseboy

May's not a great debater or speaker. She's hesitant, shrill and you can tell she's trotting out top lines from a pre-prepared brief. All ministers do this of course but the art is making people believe you're the master of your subject and are being off the cuff. She can't do that.

Corbyn's not much better really. No wonder neither of them are keen.

Poll: Tory leader

General Election on 19:39 - Apr 26 with 1183 viewsNeathJack

General Election on 19:52 - Apr 26 with 1165 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

General Election on 19:39 - Apr 26 by NeathJack

Proud record
Proud record
Proud record
Show us your proud record

Coalition of chaos
Coalition of chaos

May the puppet her strings are slackening.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

General Election on 19:53 - Apr 26 with 1163 viewslonglostjack

Just saw the Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party. Good to hear that they're on the side of the ordinary folk in their fight against the privileged elite. You really can't make it up.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 19:58]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

General Election on 20:14 - Apr 26 with 1142 viewsrock1n

General Election on 19:53 - Apr 26 by longlostjack

Just saw the Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party. Good to hear that they're on the side of the ordinary folk in their fight against the privileged elite. You really can't make it up.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 19:58]

If by ordinary folk you mean people who work hard and play by the rules then they are very much on your side. If you're a slacker not so much

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

General Election on 20:15 - Apr 26 with 1138 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 20:14 - Apr 26 by rock1n

If by ordinary folk you mean people who work hard and play by the rules then they are very much on your side. If you're a slacker not so much

Tricky one for you this time, mush. I assume your strong view on Brexit will preclude you voting Tory this time?

General Election on 20:19 - Apr 26 with 1133 viewsrock1n

General Election on 20:15 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Tricky one for you this time, mush. I assume your strong view on Brexit will preclude you voting Tory this time?

Absolutely - will not be voting Tory

Lib dems probably or God knows I'll vote that's for sure

General Election on 20:36 - Apr 26 with 1114 viewslonglostjack

The Tory Party is for ordinary people who work hard and play by the rules. The Labour Party is for lazy sods who don't get out of bed in the morning and don't aspire to anything. Aye that''ll be it. Crack on.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

General Election on 20:38 - Apr 26 with 1109 viewswaynekerr55

Interestingly the Communist party are not contesting any seats as support for Corbyn.

The question is, what promises has he made them to convince them against contesting any seats?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 20:45 - Apr 26 with 1106 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 20:38 - Apr 26 by waynekerr55

Interestingly the Communist party are not contesting any seats as support for Corbyn.

The question is, what promises has he made them to convince them against contesting any seats?

F*ck me, Wayne. Do you really think he went out if his way to promise the Communist f*cking Party something to persuade them not to stand in the handful of f*cking seats it would have contested?

"Tell you what, comrade, you lot stand down and pledge your 200 votes per seat to labour and we'll erect a statue of Vladimir Ilyich in Whitehall and abolish organised religion while ensuring the workers own the means of production."

F*ck my f*cking eyes. I'm no Corbyn fan but by Christ he doesn't half make some people take leave of their senses.

Labour could form an electoral pact with Ant and Dec and they'd still lose this election.

General Election on 20:46 - Apr 26 with 1105 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 20:38 - Apr 26 by waynekerr55

Given they contested a whopping 9 seats in the last election and came nowhere near gaining enough votes to be considered relevant, I'm sure Jezza is thanking the Lord they are so graceful in not causing Labour to lose seats...

General Election on 20:56 - Apr 26 with 1096 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

How about this "SLACKER" then

General Election on 21:00 - Apr 26 with 1092 viewsexiledclaseboy

General Election on 20:56 - Apr 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Oh f*ck you've done it now. Bluey hates nurses. She'll be a money grabbing bitch or something.

General Election on 21:04 - Apr 26 with 1087 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

General Election on 21:00 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Oh f*ck you've done it now. Bluey hates nurses. She'll be a money grabbing bitch or something.

A bitch Slacker .

General Election on 21:10 - Apr 26 with 1078 viewsrock1n

General Election on 20:56 - Apr 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yeah because I meant everyone didn't I? Jeez, I'm making a point about Tory mentality - if you want to get on in life they will support you e.g business friendly, lower taxes etc. If you want to sit on your arse then the tories are not the party for you. I'm sick of this 'ordinary' people mantra - what does it even mean
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 21:11]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024