Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36454 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 14:04 - Apr 18 with 1088 viewsLohengrin

General Election on 13:29 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

UKIP had great success in managing to convince the disaffected that their problems didn't stem from 'the rich' but from 'the immigrants'.

It led to the Brexit vote.

One of the great con jobs of modern times.

Con you reckon? I'd suggest UKIP were pushing at an open door.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

General Election on 14:08 - Apr 18 with 1072 viewstrampie

General Election on 14:02 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

If you believe Wood will do better than May in a debate then you are absolutely nuts, fair play.

Anyway - May should just refuse to debate them. What's to gain for her in having a debate?

She could spend the next 8 weeks having spa treatments and will end up with the biggest majority we've seen in donkey's years.

What an absolute joke this all is.

Wood's strong point is not debating but neither is it May's, it is Sturgeon strong point, I notice you have not commented on Sturgeon v May.
I would not be surprised if May avoided a leaders debate as Sturgeon will take her hands down although it would have no effect on May winning an election by dominating England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General Election on 14:11 - Apr 18 with 1065 viewsHighjack

I have literally no idea who I am going to vote for.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

General Election on 14:23 - Apr 18 with 1048 viewstrampie

General Election on 14:11 - Apr 18 by Highjack

There is only two ways you can vote, either for right wing Brit Nat austerity parties like Labour, Conservative, Lib-Dem, UKIP etc or centre/centre left for a social justice party like Plaid/SNP.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

General Election on 14:24 - Apr 18 with 1047 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 14:04 - Apr 18 by Lohengrin

Con you reckon? I'd suggest UKIP were pushing at an open door.

It was a con Loh, as immigrants have not caused the economic plight of the disaffected, and UKIP at a leadership level, know that to be the case, yet argued it anyway.

I've said many times, that the dual impact of technology and globalisation cause two things - one, is cheap goods for all of us, two, is adverse impact on the 'traditional' heavy industry in the 'first' world, and those who worked in it.

It's a direct descendant of exactly what happened 150 or so years ago. Technological advance and the movement of people cause a massive shift in the economics of people's lives together with availability of 'stuff' and the eradication or certainly massively adverse impact on the lives of the people that were reliant on the 'old way'. The difference is that this time round, the movement of people is global rather than national.

It's a genuine problem - how to address the issues of those affected by the change, while recognising that the change is irreversible and stemming the rate of progress is tantamount to Canute howling at the tides. What won't and doesn't help, however, is simplistically 'blaming' the issue on a largely irrelevant by product.
General Election on 14:27 - Apr 18 with 1037 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 14:08 - Apr 18 by trampie

Wood's strong point is not debating but neither is it May's, it is Sturgeon strong point, I notice you have not commented on Sturgeon v May.
I would not be surprised if May avoided a leaders debate as Sturgeon will take her hands down although it would have no effect on May winning an election by dominating England.

I am simply not interested in Sturgeon, which is why I didn't comment.

I don't believe that Sturgeon (or Wood) should take part in any national debate as their parties are not UK wide parties.

Separate debates in Wales (and Scotland) are a better idea. The debates last time round were farcical.
General Election on 14:30 - Apr 18 with 1025 viewsHighjack

General Election on 14:23 - Apr 18 by trampie

There is only two ways you can vote, either for right wing Brit Nat austerity parties like Labour, Conservative, Lib-Dem, UKIP etc or centre/centre left for a social justice party like Plaid/SNP.

What is social justice in real terms? I've asked it lots of times but never got a sensible answer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

General Election on 14:31 - Apr 18 with 1021 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm in exactly the same position.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 14:32 - Apr 18 with 1018 viewsLohengrin

General Election on 14:24 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

It was a con Loh, as immigrants have not caused the economic plight of the disaffected, and UKIP at a leadership level, know that to be the case, yet argued it anyway.

I've said many times, that the dual impact of technology and globalisation cause two things - one, is cheap goods for all of us, two, is adverse impact on the 'traditional' heavy industry in the 'first' world, and those who worked in it.

It's a direct descendant of exactly what happened 150 or so years ago. Technological advance and the movement of people cause a massive shift in the economics of people's lives together with availability of 'stuff' and the eradication or certainly massively adverse impact on the lives of the people that were reliant on the 'old way'. The difference is that this time round, the movement of people is global rather than national.

It's a genuine problem - how to address the issues of those affected by the change, while recognising that the change is irreversible and stemming the rate of progress is tantamount to Canute howling at the tides. What won't and doesn't help, however, is simplistically 'blaming' the issue on a largely irrelevant by product.

Well, you're quite right but when I said they were pushing at an open door I had in mind UKIP rhetoric about protecting British industry and its reception by a people desperate to hear the message and see the policy enacted.

General Election on 14:33 - Apr 18 with 1016 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Chairman May will rule a one Party state .

And everyone's blaming it on Corbyn.

Country's f@cked.

Get out and vote.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

General Election on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 1015 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 14:02 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

If you believe Wood will do better than May in a debate then you are absolutely nuts, fair play.

Anyway - May should just refuse to debate them. What's to gain for her in having a debate?

She could spend the next 8 weeks having spa treatments and will end up with the biggest majority we've seen in donkey's years.

What an absolute joke this all is.

Trampie- absolutely nuts?

Shirley not...
General Election on 14:35 - Apr 18 with 1012 viewstrampie

General Election on 14:27 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

I am simply not interested in Sturgeon, which is why I didn't comment.

I don't believe that Sturgeon (or Wood) should take part in any national debate as their parties are not UK wide parties.

Separate debates in Wales (and Scotland) are a better idea. The debates last time round were farcical.

Don't be disingenuous Lisa, Sturgeon took part in the last General Election leaders debate [and won it according to many observers] and if there was another one I put it to you that Sturgeon would take May, you refuse to answer that point, I think you refuse to answer because you too think Sturgeon would take May.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:37]

General Election on 14:37 - Apr 18 with 1005 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 14:33 - Apr 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

Chairman May will rule a one Party state .

And everyone's blaming it on Corbyn.

Country's f@cked.

Get out and vote.

That's what happens when the main opposition party is unelectable, Tom.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:40]
General Election on 14:37 - Apr 18 with 1005 viewsLohengrin

General Election on 14:30 - Apr 18 by Highjack

What is social justice in real terms? I've asked it lots of times but never got a sensible answer.

Getting what you deserve is as workable a definition as any, High.

Quite what we've done to deserve our political class is anybody's guess?

General Election on 14:38 - Apr 18 with 1001 viewsPegojack

General Election on 14:31 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

I'm in exactly the same position.

Me too. The party most closely aligned with my political views are the Scottish Nationalists, but I don't think they'll be fielding any candidates in Herefordshire....
General Election on 14:39 - Apr 18 with 994 viewsLohengrin

General Election on 14:38 - Apr 18 by Pegojack

Me too. The party most closely aligned with my political views are the Scottish Nationalists, but I don't think they'll be fielding any candidates in Herefordshire....

General Election on 14:40 - Apr 18 with 986 viewsBigPhilG

Me neither
General Election on 14:51 - Apr 18 with 957 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

General Election on 14:37 - Apr 18 by WarwickHunt

That's what happens when the main opposition party is unelectable, Tom.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:40]

Don't like Labours policy's Warwick?

General Election on 14:51 - Apr 18 with 954 viewstrampie

General Election on 14:30 - Apr 18 by Highjack

Social justice in one context could be fairness and equality.

Some say:- right wing = liberty over equality and left wing = equality over liberty.

Right wing - Monarchy, Church, authority/ left wing Democracy, Freedom, equality.

You take you pick you make your choice, just don't be fooled, Labour is on the right with Conservatives, Lib Dems and UKIP with Plaid/SNP and Greens on the otherside.

General Election on 14:52 - Apr 18 with 951 viewsyescomeon

General Election on 14:38 - Apr 18 by Pegojack

I'm in a similar position mate. Luckily I'm still able to get a postal vote back in Pembs allowing me to vote Plaid. Although I think my current local constituency is a pretty marginal seat Labour won last time. Perhaps if I can stomach it I should vote Labour here.

Upthecity!

General Election on 15:01 - Apr 18 with 928 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 14:51 - Apr 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

Don't like Labours policy's Warwick?

Voted Labour or tactically anti-Tory all my life.

Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell and the Momentum nutters have ruined a once great political party.
I hope Labour gets wiped off the map at this election although, given its current state, even that might not be enough to bring it back to its senses.
General Election on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 912 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

General Election on 15:01 - Apr 18 by WarwickHunt

Voted Labour or tactically anti-Tory all my life.

Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell and the Momentum nutters have ruined a once great political party.
I hope Labour gets wiped off the map at this election although, given its current state, even that might not be enough to bring it back to its senses.

Good man, that's good to hear.
I understand your concerns .
There are some great policy's.
Labour's been in demise for a decade now.
Try something different .
Keep on voting anti -Tory

General Election on 15:18 - Apr 18 with 900 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 14:35 - Apr 18 by trampie

Don't be disingenuous Lisa, Sturgeon took part in the last General Election leaders debate [and won it according to many observers] and if there was another one I put it to you that Sturgeon would take May, you refuse to answer that point, I think you refuse to answer because you too think Sturgeon would take May.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:37]

Ok I'll answer it, if it bothers you that much.

I think Theresa May would wipe the floor with Sturgeon.
General Election on 15:19 - Apr 18 with 894 viewstrampie

General Election on 15:18 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

Ok I'll answer it, if it bothers you that much.

I think Theresa May would wipe the floor with Sturgeon.

General Election on 15:22 - Apr 18 with 888 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 15:09 - Apr 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

Good man, that's good to hear.
I understand your concerns .
There are some great policy's.
Labour's been in demise for a decade now.
Try something different .
Keep on voting anti -Tory

Labour tried "something different" in 1983, Tom. Michael Foot was a hundred times the man Corbyn is and it was disastrous ( except for the hard left who thought the defeat was because the manifesto wasn't left wing enough... )

Mr Beardy Weirdo with his self-righteous student politics scares the bejesus out of most sane people.

Abbott as Home Secretary? McDonnell as Chancellor?

Fûck. My. Eyes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024