Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36093 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 23:29 - Apr 18 with 1226 viewsEbo

General Election on 23:25 - Apr 18 by Darran

Erm I've seen you several times.

Aye fleeting minutes, you've not been on the wrong side of me Darran. I'm easy to get on with but play the c*unt with me or my mates I'm a different person as I hate clever f*ckers.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

General Election on 23:29 - Apr 18 with 1220 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 22:09 - Apr 18 by Ebo

You're making it sound like a vanity vote, it is this simple:
Decide between the guy who wants to protect our NHS, tackle tax avoidance by corporations and address the housing problem, re-nationalise our public services and transport infrastructure OR a terminally insane megalomaniac who wants to turn the UK in a post Brexit tax haven for the elite, take money from the most vulnerable in society and cosies up to fascists in Saudi Araba and the US.

Tough one that Lisa but you crack on and vote for the despots or the totally unelectable Lib Dems, your choice.

It's really not that simple though Ebo.

Firstly I disagree with many of Corbyn's policies - I don't agree with renationalising transport infrastructure or some public services (e.g. Water) for example.

Secondly, some of his policies, although sounding lovely, are not possible to deliver. They are not costed properly (the number of times he's spent the tax he'll collect from Starbucks is astonishin, much as I agree with his hardline on collecting it).

I also see no reason for your description of May as a 'terminally insane megalomaniac'. If anything, the description is more aptly levelled at Corbyn, whose megalomania, and vanity allow him to continue, despite him knowing that him doing so is damaging the party overall.

There are many things I deeply dislike about this incarnation of the Tory party. I hate their position on Brexit, I hate their targeting of the most vulnerable, in particular the disabled. I hate their policy on grammar schools, etc etc. I also hate their position on Saudi, which is an awful stain on all of us. But Labour would act similarly with Saudi. And I hate their (the current incarnation) position on many things also. Their hypocrisy.

I am very centrist, albeit very liberal in social policies. I don't like either extreme, and don't see one as instrinsically more despotic than the other to be honest.
General Election on 23:30 - Apr 18 with 1210 viewsDarran

General Election on 23:29 - Apr 18 by Ebo

Aye fleeting minutes, you've not been on the wrong side of me Darran. I'm easy to get on with but play the c*unt with me or my mates I'm a different person as I hate clever f*ckers.

I've had a conversation with you you header.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General Election on 23:34 - Apr 18 with 1210 viewsEbo

General Election on 23:29 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

It's really not that simple though Ebo.

Firstly I disagree with many of Corbyn's policies - I don't agree with renationalising transport infrastructure or some public services (e.g. Water) for example.

Secondly, some of his policies, although sounding lovely, are not possible to deliver. They are not costed properly (the number of times he's spent the tax he'll collect from Starbucks is astonishin, much as I agree with his hardline on collecting it).

I also see no reason for your description of May as a 'terminally insane megalomaniac'. If anything, the description is more aptly levelled at Corbyn, whose megalomania, and vanity allow him to continue, despite him knowing that him doing so is damaging the party overall.

There are many things I deeply dislike about this incarnation of the Tory party. I hate their position on Brexit, I hate their targeting of the most vulnerable, in particular the disabled. I hate their policy on grammar schools, etc etc. I also hate their position on Saudi, which is an awful stain on all of us. But Labour would act similarly with Saudi. And I hate their (the current incarnation) position on many things also. Their hypocrisy.

I am very centrist, albeit very liberal in social policies. I don't like either extreme, and don't see one as instrinsically more despotic than the other to be honest.

Why don't you agree with re-nationalisation Lisa? After all privatisation 'has been a resounding success' hasn't it?

General Election on 23:48 - Apr 18 with 1185 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 23:34 - Apr 18 by Ebo

Why don't you agree with re-nationalisation Lisa? After all privatisation 'has been a resounding success' hasn't it?

Oh, I don't believe that the current situation couldn't be improved, just not by nationalising.

Competition generally results in a better service, better pricing, and more concern for the customer (it's not really concern, as such, but a concentration on customer is required otherwise in a competitive market they go elsewhere).

I don't believe government is set up to run things efficiently and despite the profit being taken from the system in privately owned services, the efficiencies make up for that.

The caveat, is the provision of unprofitable services for the public good (the provision of transport or post as an example, in rural areas), which should be publicly subsidised if necessary.
General Election on 23:53 - Apr 18 with 1175 viewsEbo

General Election on 23:48 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

Oh, I don't believe that the current situation couldn't be improved, just not by nationalising.

Competition generally results in a better service, better pricing, and more concern for the customer (it's not really concern, as such, but a concentration on customer is required otherwise in a competitive market they go elsewhere).

I don't believe government is set up to run things efficiently and despite the profit being taken from the system in privately owned services, the efficiencies make up for that.

The caveat, is the provision of unprofitable services for the public good (the provision of transport or post as an example, in rural areas), which should be publicly subsidised if necessary.

Try telling that to the people who commute by train in the mornings Lisa, I for one will back that up after travelling to Cardiff using the shambolic Arriva. Better pricing? For the service we are getting on dirty over crowded trains we pay far too much as it is never mind the April price hikes which have hit millions.

General Election on 23:55 - Apr 18 with 1164 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 23:53 - Apr 18 by Ebo

Try telling that to the people who commute by train in the mornings Lisa, I for one will back that up after travelling to Cardiff using the shambolic Arriva. Better pricing? For the service we are getting on dirty over crowded trains we pay far too much as it is never mind the April price hikes which have hit millions.

As someone who travelled by overground for ten years Ebo I understand! But I also remember what it used to be like under British Rail.
General Election on 00:00 - Apr 19 with 1158 viewsEbo

General Election on 23:55 - Apr 18 by londonlisa2001

As someone who travelled by overground for ten years Ebo I understand! But I also remember what it used to be like under British Rail.

How about the NHS then? would you be happy to see it privatised?

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 06:27 - Apr 19 with 1099 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 21:14 - Apr 18 by Neath_Jack

And the Tories will be good for Wales will they? I couldn't give a toss about whatever leafy suburb you live in, it holds zero interest to me.

Speaking from personal experience, i've been able to live a very good lifestyle under a Labour government, but i haven't voted for them since 1997.

Whatever party gets in, we're going to be f*cked for many, many years, and don't pretend any different.

Of course the Tories won't be good for Cardiff. But it's time for a change, people continually moan about the Cardiff centric bias yet continually vote Labour back in...

And for good measure I'm likely to vote liberal, or draw a penis on my ballot paper 😉
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 6:32]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 07:23 - Apr 19 with 1079 viewsKilkennyjack

General Election on 06:27 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

Of course the Tories won't be good for Cardiff. But it's time for a change, people continually moan about the Cardiff centric bias yet continually vote Labour back in...

And for good measure I'm likely to vote liberal, or draw a penis on my ballot paper 😉

MP's now saying real reason for May u turn on election is the huge Tory expenses scandle.

Also the reason for May refusing to a live debate on TV.

Always an agends, the worst PM ever. Really that bad. A remainer who seized a personal opprtunity rather than stick to her principles.

I wonder if the Russians will target the election for some hacking fun. Thry want Brexut of course as it weakens western Europe.

Beware of the Risen People

General Election on 07:38 - Apr 19 with 1061 viewsClinton

General Election on 22:09 - Apr 18 by Ebo

You're making it sound like a vanity vote, it is this simple:
Decide between the guy who wants to protect our NHS, tackle tax avoidance by corporations and address the housing problem, re-nationalise our public services and transport infrastructure OR a terminally insane megalomaniac who wants to turn the UK in a post Brexit tax haven for the elite, take money from the most vulnerable in society and cosies up to fascists in Saudi Araba and the US.

Tough one that Lisa but you crack on and vote for the despots or the totally unelectable Lib Dems, your choice.

Corbyns wish list is great, but he's totally incapable of delivering it. He can't even lead his own party effectively. To try and deliver any of that lot in parallel with Brexit would be beyond even a competent politician.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

General Election on 07:43 - Apr 19 with 1051 viewswaynekerr55

I saw in the paper this morning that Vince Cable is looking at contesting the seat he lost in the last GE. I found it peculiar that he lost his seat, given that he was arguably the biggest 'moderator' of Tory policy. He fought the most and got kicked out, yet Clegg took it laying down and retained his seat...

Politics...Bloody hell!

General Election on 07:47 - Apr 19 with 1046 viewsNeath_Jack

General Election on 06:27 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

So what is this "change" you are proposing then wuss.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

General Election on 07:54 - Apr 19 with 1035 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 07:47 - Apr 19 by Neath_Jack

So what is this "change" you are proposing then wuss.

Some kind of equal distribution of funds rather than sinking everything into Cardiff and Newport.

General Election on 08:18 - Apr 19 with 1024 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 07:54 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

Some kind of equal distribution of funds rather than sinking everything into Cardiff and Newport.

Better to just sink Newport full stop tbh. I'd suggest nuking it but the fallout would affect us all.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 08:31 - Apr 19 with 1017 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 08:18 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Better to just sink Newport full stop tbh. I'd suggest nuking it but the fallout would affect us all.

😂😂😂😂😂

General Election on 08:40 - Apr 19 with 1013 viewsNeath_Jack

General Election on 07:54 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

And how will we/they achieve that?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

General Election on 08:45 - Apr 19 with 995 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 08:40 - Apr 19 by Neath_Jack

And how will we/they achieve that?

By having the Turkey's not voting for Xmas (not you,may I add)

General Election on 09:26 - Apr 19 with 963 viewsShaky

General Election on 07:43 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

I saw in the paper this morning that Vince Cable is looking at contesting the seat he lost in the last GE. I found it peculiar that he lost his seat, given that he was arguably the biggest 'moderator' of Tory policy. He fought the most and got kicked out, yet Clegg took it laying down and retained his seat...

Politics...Bloody hell!

My old MP, who I almost ran over once on my bike as he was crossing the road heading down to his constituency office in Twickers. Was on hello terms with him and used to see him around all the time; a top bloke.

I think there is a sporting chance May's strategists have misjudged the situation.

The spectacular Liberal collapse last time out was obviously a deserved electoral kicking for a party that had benefited significantly from the informal stop the Tories tactical voting at past elections.

Now they have been taught their lesson and with the most obvious figurehead for their betrayal Nick Clegg gone, I think they could rebound spectacularly.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

General Election on 09:40 - Apr 19 with 947 viewsDarran

General Election on 09:26 - Apr 19 by Shaky

My old MP, who I almost ran over once on my bike as he was crossing the road heading down to his constituency office in Twickers. Was on hello terms with him and used to see him around all the time; a top bloke.

I think there is a sporting chance May's strategists have misjudged the situation.

The spectacular Liberal collapse last time out was obviously a deserved electoral kicking for a party that had benefited significantly from the informal stop the Tories tactical voting at past elections.

Now they have been taught their lesson and with the most obvious figurehead for their betrayal Nick Clegg gone, I think they could rebound spectacularly.

So not only are you a bit of a twát but you're big butts with Vince Cable too?

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General Election on 09:45 - Apr 19 with 939 viewstrampie

General Election on 16:55 - Apr 18 by Darran

I might have.

Well have you voted Plaid or not ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General Election on 09:51 - Apr 19 with 929 viewsWarwickHunt

General Election on 22:48 - Apr 18 by Drizzy

All this thread has served to do is highlight the hostile divisions among various groups of our society and how little constructive debate there can be when people are so entrenched in their beliefs. Look at Ebo and Bluey in this thread, a pair of c*cks may I add, and the nature of their debates. The tiresome paradigm of left vs. right with nothing pertinent being discussed. Far too entrenched in their own beliefs and immersed in the Guardian/Telegraph (delete as appropriate) echo chamber.

Then you have the out of touch like Warwick who makes nothing but derisory comments about Corbyn and Momentum because the Labour Party of today isn't the same as the one he knocked doors for in the '70s. He embodies so many of the problems with Labour's "traditional roots" that ridicule the young people that are, albeit naively, engaging with politics for the first time. Look at his responses in this thread, the kind of sneery elitist condescension that he likely stood against in his youth. I suppose six figures and a KT postcode will do that to someone.

Anyhow this general election seems a foregone conclusion and it's hard to get excited for it. We're likely to see the lowest turnout for a GE in history and it's not hard to see why with a failing electorate system. Here's hoping Theresa can steer the Conservatives to centrist ground so that when we eventually tire of scandalous Tory austerity we'll still have some semblance of welfare and an NHS.

Aw bless - the student is teaching us grown-ups about politics now.

"Here's hoping Theresa can steer the Conservatives to centrist ground"

You fücking aching simpleton - aye, let's "hope" eh? The lack of a credible, electable opposition is going to give a blank cheque to this lot for another full term. Some of us were there for the 1983 fiasco and it's about to repeated with fûcking bells on.

Out of touch, eh? Bookmark this thread and come back after the election results. Or better still, after a few years of unfettered Tory government. Don't cry about austerity, welfare or the NHS - just get used to it, you've got five more years to come.

Enjoy your protest vote.

ps KT? Arf! SW.
General Election on 10:00 - Apr 19 with 914 viewsperchrockjack

Gotcha gotcha. Paradigm

You re goosed driz

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

General Election on 10:55 - Apr 19 with 876 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 09:26 - Apr 19 by Shaky

I doubt Lib Dems will rebound spectacularly as you put it.

Have they gained from Labour in by elections? Yes - so have the Tories.

Labour's share of the votes will be the one collapsing this time, albeit not as spectacularly as the Lib Dems last time out. Farron's only point is fighting Brexit... make no mistake, it's a cynical exercise in wooing the 48%. I'd say most people have accepted the Brexit referendum result and want to have the best possible outcome.

Clegg hasn't gone. He's still doing the media rounds, still there as a reminder of last time. Farron for me just hasn't shown yet any real connection with people. He's just... there.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 842 viewsyescomeon

General Election on 10:55 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

I doubt Lib Dems will rebound spectacularly as you put it.

Have they gained from Labour in by elections? Yes - so have the Tories.

Labour's share of the votes will be the one collapsing this time, albeit not as spectacularly as the Lib Dems last time out. Farron's only point is fighting Brexit... make no mistake, it's a cynical exercise in wooing the 48%. I'd say most people have accepted the Brexit referendum result and want to have the best possible outcome.

Clegg hasn't gone. He's still doing the media rounds, still there as a reminder of last time. Farron for me just hasn't shown yet any real connection with people. He's just... there.

Easy to see the lib dems gaining from tories on the brexit issue. I'm doubt there will be anything but tory success but I'd love to see a labour/lib dem coalition replace the tories, would be hilarious. Still, Brexit and Trump were written off, so was Scottish Independence and that was close, who knows what will happen with the right campaign.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024