Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 10:43 - Apr 18 with 36073 viewsCountyJim

About to be called if rumours are to be believed
General Election on 12:42 - Apr 19 with 901 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 12:13 - Apr 19 by yescomeon

Easy to see the lib dems gaining from tories on the brexit issue. I'm doubt there will be anything but tory success but I'd love to see a labour/lib dem coalition replace the tories, would be hilarious. Still, Brexit and Trump were written off, so was Scottish Independence and that was close, who knows what will happen with the right campaign.

Lib Dems will certainly gain from Labour.

Will they gain some from Tories on Brexit? Possibly, not enough to matter.

The problem the Lib Dems have is they attract some who believe Brexit can be stopped. Most people have accepted the result, want the best deal.

It's hard to look past anything other than a Tory majority - the seats won by Labour and Lib Dems probably wouldn't come close to allowing them to form a coalition.

Trump won due to actually having a personality and being up against a woeful candidate in Hillary. May is pretty resilient, Corbyn has the personality of that old bloke who mutters to himself around the pub - seems to be mostly harmless but you can't help wondering if he has family that should really be looking after him better.

Think Sturgeon has played the FREEEEEEEDOM card too much. It's a useful deflection technique from seeing how well or not SNP have run Holyrood.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

General Election on 12:55 - Apr 19 with 894 viewsyescomeon

General Election on 12:42 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Lib Dems will certainly gain from Labour.

Will they gain some from Tories on Brexit? Possibly, not enough to matter.

The problem the Lib Dems have is they attract some who believe Brexit can be stopped. Most people have accepted the result, want the best deal.

It's hard to look past anything other than a Tory majority - the seats won by Labour and Lib Dems probably wouldn't come close to allowing them to form a coalition.

Trump won due to actually having a personality and being up against a woeful candidate in Hillary. May is pretty resilient, Corbyn has the personality of that old bloke who mutters to himself around the pub - seems to be mostly harmless but you can't help wondering if he has family that should really be looking after him better.

Think Sturgeon has played the FREEEEEEEDOM card too much. It's a useful deflection technique from seeing how well or not SNP have run Holyrood.

That's the key isn't it, will it be enough to matter probably not, but here's to hoping. This election is a second chance, I'd fallen into that accepting category, but the election changes things. Very strange for May to have called it.

Upthecity!

General Election on 13:37 - Apr 19 with 871 viewsEbo

General Election on 12:55 - Apr 19 by yescomeon

That's the key isn't it, will it be enough to matter probably not, but here's to hoping. This election is a second chance, I'd fallen into that accepting category, but the election changes things. Very strange for May to have called it.

The United Kingdom is the laughing stock of Europe, the Germans must be pissing themselves.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

General Election on 14:30 - Apr 19 with 845 viewsyescomeon

General Election on 13:37 - Apr 19 by Ebo

The United Kingdom is the laughing stock of Europe, the Germans must be pissing themselves.

They might be laughing but they'd still rather us stay than leave, a softer brexit is also better for all parties.

Upthecity!

General Election on 15:14 - Apr 19 with 812 viewsHighjack

General Election on 13:37 - Apr 19 by Ebo

No they won't. They have no sense of humour remember?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

General Election on 15:16 - Apr 19 with 808 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 15:14 - Apr 19 by Highjack

No they won't. They have no sense of humour remember?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 15:20 - Apr 19 with 802 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 12:55 - Apr 19 by yescomeon

I can kind of see a main reason for calling it now.

Tories will have an increased majority - it's safe to say a number of those will be soft brexit types. May campaigned for Remain, so it's feasible she's gambling the increased majority will give her room to stare down some of the more right wing hard brexiters.

It's also a shot across the bows at Sturgeon. Tories have overtaken Labour in Scotland, Davidson being a very effective leader ( and possible future PM ). Given SNP don't have all the seats in Holyrood, it's possible some gains could be made up there especially with those fed up of Sturgen's Neverendum for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.

It would also allow Lib Dems to make gains at Labour's expense, squeezing Labour from both sides.

General Election on 15:40 - Apr 19 with 774 viewsEbo

General Election on 15:20 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

I can kind of see a main reason for calling it now.

Tories will have an increased majority - it's safe to say a number of those will be soft brexit types. May campaigned for Remain, so it's feasible she's gambling the increased majority will give her room to stare down some of the more right wing hard brexiters.

It's also a shot across the bows at Sturgeon. Tories have overtaken Labour in Scotland, Davidson being a very effective leader ( and possible future PM ). Given SNP don't have all the seats in Holyrood, it's possible some gains could be made up there especially with those fed up of Sturgen's Neverendum for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.

It would also allow Lib Dems to make gains at Labour's expense, squeezing Labour from both sides.

O nly called it because of the MP's under investigation, no other reason. Another Tory lie. She won't even debate the election on TV the f*cking coward that she is. They should debate it it without her, make her look a bigger c*nt than she is.

Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 15:44 - Apr 19 with 769 viewstrampie

They should go ahead with a leaders debate without May as long as there is an empty chair on the stage.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General Election on 16:13 - Apr 19 with 752 viewsHighjack

General Election on 15:44 - Apr 19 by trampie

They should go ahead with a leaders debate without May as long as there is an empty chair on the stage.

It'll probably be a podium and Leanne will be clutching onto hers tightly to keep herself upright.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

General Election on 16:32 - Apr 19 with 739 viewsShaky

General Election on 15:40 - Apr 19 by Ebo

O nly called it because of the MP's under investigation, no other reason. Another Tory lie. She won't even debate the election on TV the f*cking coward that she is. They should debate it it without her, make her look a bigger c*nt than she is.

We shall see.

The calculation clearly at this stage is that the undoubted damage from not appearing on TV is preferable to that done from having her on full show, displaying her trademark flinch with grimace that always reminds me of the space alien assassin from Men In Black with acid reflux.

However, she basically snuck in thorough the back door in the first place without any public scrutiny, and I think she will take some serious body blows for her obvious cowardice in the ring of public opinion, which I suspect could well lead her to flip flop on the TV debate eventually.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

General Election on 16:38 - Apr 19 with 735 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 16:32 - Apr 19 by Shaky

We shall see.

The calculation clearly at this stage is that the undoubted damage from not appearing on TV is preferable to that done from having her on full show, displaying her trademark flinch with grimace that always reminds me of the space alien assassin from Men In Black with acid reflux.

However, she basically snuck in thorough the back door in the first place without any public scrutiny, and I think she will take some serious body blows for her obvious cowardice in the ring of public opinion, which I suspect could well lead her to flip flop on the TV debate eventually.

Try not to run Dr Cable over, if he stands for re-election again

General Election on 16:42 - Apr 19 with 734 viewsShaky

General Election on 16:38 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

Try not to run Dr Cable over, if he stands for re-election again

You mean Vinnie, as myself and his other close friends refer to him?

Nah, no longer terrorising pedestrian MPs wearing fedoras in that constituency, I'm afraid.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

General Election on 16:53 - Apr 19 with 725 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 16:42 - Apr 19 by Shaky

You mean Vinnie, as myself and his other close friends refer to him?

Nah, no longer terrorising pedestrian MPs wearing fedoras in that constituency, I'm afraid.

"Vinnie"

General Election on 17:05 - Apr 19 with 719 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 00:00 - Apr 19 by Ebo

How about the NHS then? would you be happy to see it privatised?

No. Absolutely not.

Falls into the category I mentioned earlier - unprofitable services for the public good. If the NHS only did profitable work they'd spend their whole existence doing plastic surgery!

However, I am very much in favour of it being depoliticised. Removed from party politics altogether as it's constantly used as a political football and that leads to constant change and inefficiency.

Would like to see it run by a cross party consensus, together with experts from the BMA, RCN, NICE, etc etc etc.
General Election on 17:07 - Apr 19 with 714 viewslondonlisa2001

She has absolutely nothing to gain from taking part in a debate. She'd be mad to do so.

But she hasn't called it for that reason. She's called it because of Brexit timing.
General Election on 17:17 - Apr 19 with 702 viewsblueytheblue

Ah, so she's a c*nt.

Modern Labour voters, no hatred, no misogyny whatsoever...

MP's have been under investigation for a while. Linking the election call with that is yet more tinfoil hattery.

EDIT:

Only a fool would want TV debates. They are massively biased against any incumbent PM - you've however many other party leaders involved whose sole aim is to point score against the incumbent. It's a no win situation.

Someone like Paxman grilling each leader individually, no issue with that.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 17:19]

General Election on 17:21 - Apr 19 with 691 viewsblueytheblue

General Election on 17:07 - Apr 19 by londonlisa2001

She has absolutely nothing to gain from taking part in a debate. She'd be mad to do so.

But she hasn't called it for that reason. She's called it because of Brexit timing.

I sense it was called for fear of Brexit talks being derailed by the further right, the uber hard Brexiteers. Bigger majority gives her more scope to face down any rebels.

General Election on 17:25 - Apr 19 with 687 viewstrampie

General Election on 17:07 - Apr 19 by londonlisa2001

Thats because May would get taken apart by Nicola and people in the game know it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General Election on 17:28 - Apr 19 with 681 viewsEbo

General Election on 17:17 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Ah, so she's a c*nt.

Modern Labour voters, no hatred, no misogyny whatsoever...

MP's have been under investigation for a while. Linking the election call with that is yet more tinfoil hattery.

EDIT:

Only a fool would want TV debates. They are massively biased against any incumbent PM - you've however many other party leaders involved whose sole aim is to point score against the incumbent. It's a no win situation.

Someone like Paxman grilling each leader individually, no issue with that.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 17:19]

She's a coward Bluey. She is lost without her script and her rabble, and you don't want to see a TV debate because you know deep down she would crumble. If she can't debate on TV what is she going to be like when talking to 27 other countries.

This post has been edited by an administrator

General Election on 17:29 - Apr 19 with 677 viewsDarran

General Election on 17:28 - Apr 19 by Ebo

She's a coward Bluey. She is lost without her script and her rabble, and you don't want to see a TV debate because you know deep down she would crumble. If she can't debate on TV what is she going to be like when talking to 27 other countries.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's a terrible way to speak about a woman John.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General Election on 17:30 - Apr 19 with 678 viewsEbo

General Election on 17:21 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

I sense it was called for fear of Brexit talks being derailed by the further right, the uber hard Brexiteers. Bigger majority gives her more scope to face down any rebels.

Well she has been told by the EU that there will be no talks until AFTER any election.

I love watching the EU make her their bitch.

General Election on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 656 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 17:21 - Apr 19 by blueytheblue

Partly, hopefully at least.

But also the timing was awful, with the 2 year deadline coming bang up against the starts of the election process if she hadn't done this. Also if Brexit is a disaster, there's wouldn't have been long enough before the election for them to recover. This way they'll have 3 years.
General Election on 17:52 - Apr 19 with 652 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 17:30 - Apr 19 by Ebo

Well she has been told by the EU that there will be no talks until AFTER any election.

I love watching the EU make her their bitch.

Genuinely, if your hatred of May is at least partly influenced by her gender, you may want to think about why that is. If not, then you may want to think about why you are resorting to using misogynistic language.

If the Labour Party or its supporters start doing that, you know that they /you are even more f*cked than at the moment.
General Election on 17:55 - Apr 19 with 650 viewslondonlisa2001

General Election on 17:25 - Apr 19 by trampie

Thats because May would get taken apart by Nicola and people in the game know it.

No one 'in the game' should give a toss about Nicola Trampie. If she loses a single seat from where she is, that's a big issue for her. She'll be dreading this.

Leanne on the other hand, may be the first politician in history who gets out-debated by a chair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024