Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD 08:50 - Apr 19 with 3140 viewsE20Jack

Does anybody know how many goals we have scored with Gylfi out wide?

I would rather him dropped all together and play a winger there than play an out of position Gylfi. I have never seen anyone with such little pace given that role, not just once but repeatedly. Gylfi is at his best when he is linking centrally with the striker amd can put through some defence splitting passes, or take a long ramge shot. Out wide he cant really do any of this at all. I just don't get it.

If he plays him out wide against Stoke killing one of our post potent attacking streams then I have lost all faith in him, we have scored 1 in 7 hours of football (not been unlucky either) and it seems clear why. If anyone does have that stat though I would love to see it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 20:39 - Apr 19 with 1180 viewsjack247

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 20:25 - Apr 19 by TheResurrection

E20 is right. Yes he does drift and does have license but too often, far too often, Siggy is stuck out wide trying flicks and Hollywood passes that just aren't on and faffing them up.

You need an out and out wide operator to deal with those situations. It's a tricky, intricate role. There's no out ball on that side either.

Look, basically he's been shoehorned out there just to justify a position for him. It's the classic square peg.

And it's criminal we've not at least tried to do something about it. Even if Siggy had played false 9 in one of the games without Llorente, it could just have made all the difference.

Obviously he has been shoehorned out there, no one is arguing he is a wide player.

He doesn't form a great partnership with Llorente. Both are very good at what they do well, but there is not enough pace or movement.

Our choices at left wing are Montero, Routledge and Ayew, assuming Narsingh on the right. Routledge does a lot right, Ayew and Montero can be tricky, but none of them offer much in terms of creating or scoring chances.

You either drop Siggy and his goal threat for one of them, you leave him out or you sacrifice one of the central midfield trio.

I think playing him wider with licence to roam is the lesser of the evils.
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 20:45 - Apr 19 with 1174 viewsJango

I don't need figures to prove that siggy is better outwide than any of our wingers, Jan molby would have been better than them on the wing. Fact is since clement came in and even before him, our best performances have come from siggy being out wide. I personally think it's a mixture of our actual wingers being hopeless and siggy not being a good a number 10 as people think
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 22:28 - Apr 19 with 1131 viewsTheResurrection

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 20:45 - Apr 19 by Jango

I don't need figures to prove that siggy is better outwide than any of our wingers, Jan molby would have been better than them on the wing. Fact is since clement came in and even before him, our best performances have come from siggy being out wide. I personally think it's a mixture of our actual wingers being hopeless and siggy not being a good a number 10 as people think

I agree with most of that but most of Siggy's assists have come from the dead ball. I know he's played Olsson in a couple of times but that now seems in the dim and distant past.

Fack it, let's go with this...

---------------- Fab ------------------
Naughon -- Fede -- Mawson -- Olsson
----------------Carroll ----------
Routs--- -Siggy --- Fer ---Ayew
------------- Baston -------------

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 23:49 - Apr 19 with 1098 viewsperchrockjack

Apart from Rotledge ,that s not a bad line up

Baston put more effort in ten minutes than llorente did in 60 last sat

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 14:48 - Apr 20 with 1027 viewsangryjack

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 10:56 - Apr 19 by KGriz16

I can tell you for a fact we do not play 4-2-3-1 with a tight top three. We play 4-3-3 with a front three of Siggy, Llorente and whomever PC chooses at RW. Look at team set up when we attack/have the ball.

I can tell you we do fact
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 23:28 - Apr 20 with 963 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 22:28 - Apr 19 by TheResurrection

I agree with most of that but most of Siggy's assists have come from the dead ball. I know he's played Olsson in a couple of times but that now seems in the dim and distant past.

Fack it, let's go with this...

---------------- Fab ------------------
Naughon -- Fede -- Mawson -- Olsson
----------------Carroll ----------
Routs--- -Siggy --- Fer ---Ayew
------------- Baston -------------

Or, in other words, essentially the same lineup I called for several weeks ago and you disdainfully mocked, saying it showed my football naivety or whatever?

Yeah, if it's the right time now it was even more right then. Now, everyone knows it's coming and the effectiveness will be blunted. As a general rule of thumb it's far more beneficial to be proactive with team selection and tactics rather than reactive, even with smaller clubs. Although, I guess I should commend you for finally stumbling upon a semi-decent idea, albeit much later than most, including many posters on this site.

You may now resume your obsession with creating daily "sell Siggy/Llorente and I'm right" threads. They will likely both be gone soon enough and then we shall see who replaces them and for how much, particularly Siggy, and how the team fares without their quality. When pressed on another anti-Siggy rant recently your grand solution was none other than IZZY FFUKKINGG BROWN to lead us in a relegation battle. What a joke.

Clearly you don't have the answers. Hopefully, someone at the club does.
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 00:39 - Apr 21 with 941 viewsTheResurrection

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 23:28 - Apr 20 by Nirvana

Or, in other words, essentially the same lineup I called for several weeks ago and you disdainfully mocked, saying it showed my football naivety or whatever?

Yeah, if it's the right time now it was even more right then. Now, everyone knows it's coming and the effectiveness will be blunted. As a general rule of thumb it's far more beneficial to be proactive with team selection and tactics rather than reactive, even with smaller clubs. Although, I guess I should commend you for finally stumbling upon a semi-decent idea, albeit much later than most, including many posters on this site.

You may now resume your obsession with creating daily "sell Siggy/Llorente and I'm right" threads. They will likely both be gone soon enough and then we shall see who replaces them and for how much, particularly Siggy, and how the team fares without their quality. When pressed on another anti-Siggy rant recently your grand solution was none other than IZZY FFUKKINGG BROWN to lead us in a relegation battle. What a joke.

Clearly you don't have the answers. Hopefully, someone at the club does.

Oh hahahah here she is man... where have you been the last month? Chasing your tail back up your arse?

Where is the team you put up? Don't remember you ever coming up with anything remotely interesting. Just a lot of white noise and excess wordage.

ps - Izzy Brown would have been ideal on loan for us in January. Ideal.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 01:18 - Apr 21 with 926 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 00:39 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Oh hahahah here she is man... where have you been the last month? Chasing your tail back up your arse?

Where is the team you put up? Don't remember you ever coming up with anything remotely interesting. Just a lot of white noise and excess wordage.

Your head is so far up your own "arse" it's not surprising you don't remember anything anyone else says. My words are all there if you want to look yourself.

Your world revolves around "Res erection" and nothing else, including the Swans. You have put yourself and your 'pride' ahead of the club countless times, most notably this season. Nail yourself to the cross all you want, everyone knows you're wrong and there's no amount of threads you can start that will change that.

"White noise and excess wordage"? Again, look in the mirror. That description fits you to a tee.

Izzy Brown would've been IDEAL FOR THE BENCH for us, and that's why no PL club wanted him. Sell Siggy and get Izzy??? FFUKKINGG CHRIST.

And P.S. I actually have a job and a life, and can't always be on here like you.
Login to get fewer ads

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 07:47 - Apr 21 with 893 viewsTheResurrection

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 01:18 - Apr 21 by Nirvana

Your head is so far up your own "arse" it's not surprising you don't remember anything anyone else says. My words are all there if you want to look yourself.

Your world revolves around "Res erection" and nothing else, including the Swans. You have put yourself and your 'pride' ahead of the club countless times, most notably this season. Nail yourself to the cross all you want, everyone knows you're wrong and there's no amount of threads you can start that will change that.

"White noise and excess wordage"? Again, look in the mirror. That description fits you to a tee.

Izzy Brown would've been IDEAL FOR THE BENCH for us, and that's why no PL club wanted him. Sell Siggy and get Izzy??? FFUKKINGG CHRIST.

And P.S. I actually have a job and a life, and can't always be on here like you.

So now he would've been suitable for us??? That was a quick turnaround!!!!

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 17:33 - Apr 21 with 842 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 07:47 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

So now he would've been suitable for us??? That was a quick turnaround!!!!

Blah blah blah.

As usual, I see you continue to struggle with reading comprehension. Oh well, off to your sad little place where you create your daily anti-Siggy threads. The forum's currently missing its resident troll, so you have some work to do.

In response to me, either address the actual content of my posts or move along. You can keep having your "arse" handed to you over and over again but everyone knows football isn't your expertise, anyway. You're a (relative) master of 'distract and divert' and your intellect and 'expertise' consistently expose you as a "simpleton nobody" to use your own words.

Don't waste your time typing your usual BS dross. Save it for someone who cares, 'bud'. Small circle of family, I'd imagine.
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 08:31 - Apr 22 with 794 viewsTheResurrection

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 17:33 - Apr 21 by Nirvana

Blah blah blah.

As usual, I see you continue to struggle with reading comprehension. Oh well, off to your sad little place where you create your daily anti-Siggy threads. The forum's currently missing its resident troll, so you have some work to do.

In response to me, either address the actual content of my posts or move along. You can keep having your "arse" handed to you over and over again but everyone knows football isn't your expertise, anyway. You're a (relative) master of 'distract and divert' and your intellect and 'expertise' consistently expose you as a "simpleton nobody" to use your own words.

Don't waste your time typing your usual BS dross. Save it for someone who cares, 'bud'. Small circle of family, I'd imagine.

Going to the game today "bud"?

You can join my small circle of family and friends if you like?

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 09:57 - Apr 22 with 770 viewsperchrockjack

In some ways, wish I was going today

I might ,next season, have my enthusiasm back

How about a meet in Preston, Chris.

There s a good pub not to far away as you come off M6 for drink and food.

I might come alone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 10:18 - Apr 22 with 753 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just drop Siggurdson, replace with Fer behind Llorente, Narsingh and Routledge on the flanks , Leon holding (unlikely so maybe Ki!) and Carroll box to box. Defence as usual. We may very well lose but I'm afraid we have to go out this time and target the three points aggressively rather than just Clem hoping we don't lose and trying not to annoy the opposition by being as passive towards them as possible.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 16:40 - Apr 24 with 673 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 08:31 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

Going to the game today "bud"?

You can join my small circle of family and friends if you like?

As always, I'm good. Enough friends as it is, no place for you.

I'd have to spend half the match explaining how the game works anyway, and I'd rather just watch.

Thanks for the offer, though. A classy move from you quite literally for once, fair play.
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 16:57 - Apr 24 with 649 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 00:39 - Apr 21 by TheResurrection

Since you asked nicely, I'll oblige. Here is the main thread where I discussed my lineup against Spurs:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/192500/if-llorente-plays

It makes for some great reading material on how "clueless" you and your posse are. For clarity, here's a few quotes of mine in response to some verbal garbage you and Swancity threw up:

- "I'd try Borja up top with Siggy behind him, and Ayew and Narsingh out wide. Put our most dangerous attackers all on the pitch and see if anything positive happens. It would certainly answer some questions about a few guys. Then we go from there."

- "I know PC will keep it tight because his job is on the line. Mine isn't. I would open it up, again, to see if these guys can accomplish anything together in a game we're not expected (and not likely) to get points. A point is a great result but what are the chances that happens? Sit back, play another tepid, uninspired match and the pressure builds. Lose 3-2 but actually put in a good performance and bring some hope back, and maybe Borja gets a goal? I'll take the latter.

Build some confidence and focus on the points gained in more winnable fixtures coming up. Everyone has their priorities and these would be mine. Maybe you want to see us muck it up again and walk away 0-3 with a dejected fanbase and players? Or am I missing something?"

- "Give some guys a shot in the team in a low-pressure environment. The sky won't be falling if we lose against Spurs, no matter the score. We've already seen that play out this season. We need a good performance more than anything right now.

If you can't see that, and how the confidence of the players significantly affects our chances going forward, then you are the one assuming the real world resembles Fifa. Players aren't robots, and they need to feel as if the gameplan is actually working. It hasn't been recently. If the bunkerball was working well like it was earlier, stick with it. It hasn't been, so switch it up."

- "The likelihood of us getting a point at home against an in-form team as talented as Spurs is very low. We won't get a point for 'trying' to keep it tight and bunker down, only to see Alli and Son rip us apart. You seem to be suggesting that a 2-0 defeat is what we need."
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 07:28 - Apr 25 with 559 viewsTheResurrection

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 16:57 - Apr 24 by Nirvana

Since you asked nicely, I'll oblige. Here is the main thread where I discussed my lineup against Spurs:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/192500/if-llorente-plays

It makes for some great reading material on how "clueless" you and your posse are. For clarity, here's a few quotes of mine in response to some verbal garbage you and Swancity threw up:

- "I'd try Borja up top with Siggy behind him, and Ayew and Narsingh out wide. Put our most dangerous attackers all on the pitch and see if anything positive happens. It would certainly answer some questions about a few guys. Then we go from there."

- "I know PC will keep it tight because his job is on the line. Mine isn't. I would open it up, again, to see if these guys can accomplish anything together in a game we're not expected (and not likely) to get points. A point is a great result but what are the chances that happens? Sit back, play another tepid, uninspired match and the pressure builds. Lose 3-2 but actually put in a good performance and bring some hope back, and maybe Borja gets a goal? I'll take the latter.

Build some confidence and focus on the points gained in more winnable fixtures coming up. Everyone has their priorities and these would be mine. Maybe you want to see us muck it up again and walk away 0-3 with a dejected fanbase and players? Or am I missing something?"

- "Give some guys a shot in the team in a low-pressure environment. The sky won't be falling if we lose against Spurs, no matter the score. We've already seen that play out this season. We need a good performance more than anything right now.

If you can't see that, and how the confidence of the players significantly affects our chances going forward, then you are the one assuming the real world resembles Fifa. Players aren't robots, and they need to feel as if the gameplan is actually working. It hasn't been recently. If the bunkerball was working well like it was earlier, stick with it. It hasn't been, so switch it up."

- "The likelihood of us getting a point at home against an in-form team as talented as Spurs is very low. We won't get a point for 'trying' to keep it tight and bunker down, only to see Alli and Son rip us apart. You seem to be suggesting that a 2-0 defeat is what we need."

I've tried to read that but you've got a real bad habit of waffling total shit.

But what you do seem to be comparing is the Stoke home game and Spurs home game.

Still not seen this team you've proclaimed which is a bit funny you can't find as you seem to be all over anything I've said since 1999.

You're a proper freak by the way

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 522 viewsLeonWasGod

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 09:07 - Apr 19 by andypitt56

He hasnt been playing on the left side, If you actually watch siggy, the only time he is on the left is when we are defending, When we are attacking he has free reign to go where he likes. Olson and Carrol always take up the spot on the left wing.

Yep, although it does unbalance us. And there are plenty of times when we are in possession and Siggy moves outside to create space - which shouldn't be his job imo. I think it slows us down, but then PC seems to like to play narrow, as we're not playing with much width on the right either.

I'm still struggling to adjust to watching us - in the past we'd overload on one side, then switch the play and exploit the space on the opposite wing. Now when a fullback gets the ball you want to see him be positive but there's nobody ahead of them. Olsson can deal with that as he's happier to run with the ball, but it scares the sh*t out of Naughton and he'll inevitably stop, turn and pass back to Fed, even though there may be acres of space down the wing.

It can be frustrating watching at times. But those days of full width are long gone. To be fair to PC, with this midfield and defence we'd probably get cut to shreds if we set up how we used to 4231/433
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 14:19 - Apr 25 with 491 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 07:28 - Apr 25 by TheResurrection

I've tried to read that but you've got a real bad habit of waffling total shit.

But what you do seem to be comparing is the Stoke home game and Spurs home game.

Still not seen this team you've proclaimed which is a bit funny you can't find as you seem to be all over anything I've said since 1999.

You're a proper freak by the way

Fair play, I should've remembered you can't read too well, and you remain lacking in comprehension. No problem, just move along.

But 1999?? WTF are you talking about?? Listening to Prince lately? Doubtful, you're a miserable loser and his music isn't made for your people.

I take it you have plenty of experience in "waffling total shit" though, both in your real life and online. Try and enjoy the smell next time.
THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 14:42 - Apr 25 with 483 viewsNirvana

THE STOP PLAYING SIGGY ON THE WING THREAD on 11:59 - Apr 25 by LeonWasGod

Yep, although it does unbalance us. And there are plenty of times when we are in possession and Siggy moves outside to create space - which shouldn't be his job imo. I think it slows us down, but then PC seems to like to play narrow, as we're not playing with much width on the right either.

I'm still struggling to adjust to watching us - in the past we'd overload on one side, then switch the play and exploit the space on the opposite wing. Now when a fullback gets the ball you want to see him be positive but there's nobody ahead of them. Olsson can deal with that as he's happier to run with the ball, but it scares the sh*t out of Naughton and he'll inevitably stop, turn and pass back to Fed, even though there may be acres of space down the wing.

It can be frustrating watching at times. But those days of full width are long gone. To be fair to PC, with this midfield and defence we'd probably get cut to shreds if we set up how we used to 4231/433

Great post Leon.

As I said, I understand why PC has set the team up like he has but there still could be more tactical flexibility. That is what I think we needed several matches ago and it finally happened this past week, against Stoke. PC went with a different formation than anyone predicted but at least it was a change. We played positively to begin with and it forced the pressure that resulted in the first goal.

I think we still have the talent to play more openly against certain clubs, and that has been Clement's biggest mistake so far. Points against weaker teams were there for the taking and required a more proactive style of play. The cautious, bunkerball approach worked wonders and serves a purpose but so does playing more aggressively, and that has mostly been abandoned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024