Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton target Siggurdson 15:08 - Apr 19 with 3078 viewsLord_Bony

They don't give up do they.

If we go down there'll be a whole plethora of premier league clubs queuing round the block to sign him up...possibly Llorente too.

Does not look good for us in the Championship unless Huw can find us another Michu on the cheap.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10843006/southampton-target-gylfi-s

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Southampton target Siggurdson on 15:39 - Apr 19 with 2459 viewsjasper_T

Good to see his agent's working hard.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 15:39 - Apr 19 with 2459 viewsWingstandwood

Our best players will undoubtedly go for two reasons i.e. drastic rebudgeting-cost cuts and the simple fact 'The Championship' is not the place to be for players deemed prize assets. Star players chase the money and Premier League glamour.

I can honestly see the club having its work cut out trying to get rid of certain others there is hardly going to be a stampede from other clubs if they're expected to match Ki's, Montero's, Barrows etc, etc wages.

The destiny of a relegated SCFC IMO opinion hinges on two things the ability to off-load the deadwood and the removal of the toxic sell-out filth that will become a major anti-season-ticket-renewal and matchday attendance roadblock.

Argus!

Southampton target Siggurdson on 15:44 - Apr 19 with 2446 viewsLoyal

He will go anyway.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:10 - Apr 19 with 2412 viewsLord_Bony

Southampton target Siggurdson on 15:44 - Apr 19 by Loyal

He will go anyway.

Only if we go down imho.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:21 - Apr 19 with 2375 viewsploppy

Yup, that's the kind of "big club" he'll go to.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:25 - Apr 19 with 2358 viewsTheResurrection

Best shot of him. Should have gone in January.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:32 - Apr 19 with 2333 viewsdickythorpe

Let's get this season out of the way first!! FFS
Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:40 - Apr 19 with 2303 viewsLord_Bony

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:32 - Apr 19 by dickythorpe

Let's get this season out of the way first!! FFS

The vultures are already circling Dicky boy...

Getting ready to pick the carcass of the swan....

This post has been edited by an administrator

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:55 - Apr 19 with 2255 viewswaynekerr55

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:40 - Apr 19 by Lord_Bony

The vultures are already circling Dicky boy...

Getting ready to pick the carcass of the swan....

This post has been edited by an administrator

That's if Dineen hasn't eaten it first...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:58 - Apr 19 with 2243 viewsLord_Bony

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:55 - Apr 19 by waynekerr55

That's if Dineen hasn't eaten it first...

Many have already had their fair share Wayne Bach.

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:07 - Apr 19 with 2207 viewsSmellyplumz

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:10 - Apr 19 by Lord_Bony

Only if we go down imho.

No he will go anyway regardless, he knows the score.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:09 - Apr 19 with 2199 viewsE20Jack

Southampton target Siggurdson on 15:39 - Apr 19 by jasper_T

Good to see his agent's working hard.

He doesn't have one does he?

He used to be one of the only top flight footballers who represented himself, that may have changed and I have not read about it however.

Google tells me it is now his brother*
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 17:13]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:37 - Apr 19 with 2154 viewshammy

We should be getting Sissoko type fee for Siggy if / when we get relegated ... start a bidding war with Soton / West Ham / etc.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 2137 viewsTheKirkyLife

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:37 - Apr 19 by hammy

We should be getting Sissoko type fee for Siggy if / when we get relegated ... start a bidding war with Soton / West Ham / etc.

Agree entirely. I've seen interest from Spain, Germany as well as West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs now Southampton.

Anything less than £30 million would be crazy.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:47 - Apr 19 with 2124 viewsRancid

It would only be to a Soton or Everton type club.This was always coming.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:05 - Apr 19 with 2075 viewsKGriz16

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:37 - Apr 19 by hammy

We wont though, because we cannot afford his wages in the Championship and teams will know that. IF we go down Siggy will be gone for £15-20m tops.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:08 - Apr 19 with 2059 viewsNirvana

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:43 - Apr 19 by TheKirkyLife

Agree entirely. I've seen interest from Spain, Germany as well as West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs now Southampton.

This is the correct answer.

There will be plenty of suitors lining up for Siggy from all over Europe and not just from midtable clubs. Anyone who thinks otherwise has a very different opinion than most of the people who actually work in football and make these kinds of decisions.

It's not just agents or sites stirring up interest. Most know Siggy's quality, dedication and professionalism, and view him as a guy who has the maturity now to better handle playing for a big club again. There's no fanboy to it, it's just football.

The guy has salvaged season after season for us and he still takes undue criticism when we, as a team, lose. I'd say he's probably ready to move on even if we stay up because he sees the chronic mismanagement and lack of investment coming from the top.

I hope not but if he does leave we need to be adequately compensated, as you said. And then the money needs to be used to find real quality all over the pitch. I highly doubt either of these happen, however.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:26 - Apr 19 with 2016 viewsLoyal

Southampton target Siggurdson on 16:10 - Apr 19 by Lord_Bony

Only if we go down imho.

I'm surprised he fell for Jenkins bullshit this season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:51 - Apr 19 with 1984 viewsNirvana

Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:26 - Apr 19 by Loyal

I'm surprised he fell for Jenkins bullshit this season.

Yeah, I think there was a lot of "next level" talk in those discussions, and not much about a relegation scrap where we don't even play our record signing.

If he didn't see the writing on the wall before, I think he has now. There is no "next level" for the Swans. Only a lower level, the ffukkingg Championship.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:58 - Apr 19 with 1962 viewsLord_Bony

Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:51 - Apr 19 by Nirvana

Yeah, I think there was a lot of "next level" talk in those discussions, and not much about a relegation scrap where we don't even play our record signing.

If he didn't see the writing on the wall before, I think he has now. There is no "next level" for the Swans. Only a lower level, the ffukkingg Championship.

He was promised he'd be playing Championship football next season.

But I think he misunderstood...it wasn't the Uafa Championship...

Southampton target Siggurdson on 19:18 - Apr 19 with 1915 viewsNirvana

Southampton target Siggurdson on 18:58 - Apr 19 by Lord_Bony

He was promised he'd be playing Championship football next season.

But I think he misunderstood...it wasn't the Uafa Championship...

Yeah, maybe having an agent would've helped cut through Jenkins sshitt. He would've immediately sensed something off about talks of anything "Championship". At least we got him for one more year, though.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 19:26 - Apr 19 with 1883 viewsFlash

If we stay up or go down, we need a big clear out before next season. There is so much dead wood in the playing squad.
Jenkins has a massive job in the close season to get rid of many players and bring in new blood.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 1863 viewsdobjack2

Southampton target Siggurdson on 19:26 - Apr 19 by Flash

If we stay up or go down, we need a big clear out before next season. There is so much dead wood in the playing squad.
Jenkins has a massive job in the close season to get rid of many players and bring in new blood.

The first problem is how is chairman Jenkins going to get rid of director of football Jenkins or head of recruitment Jenkins? As with that director of football and head of recruitment we are not going to go forwards.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 20:26 - Apr 19 with 1786 viewsFlash

Perhaps Donovan can do a better job, cause I get the feeling that that is the alternative. Perhaps we can have a squad of Yanks playing next season.
Southampton target Siggurdson on 20:52 - Apr 19 with 1751 viewsFlashberryjack

Southampton target Siggurdson on 17:43 - Apr 19 by TheKirkyLife

If we were to get £30 million for Siggy........I wonder where that would magic to ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024