Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rigged system 16:30 - Apr 20 with 3057 viewsblueytheblue

Early returns seem to indicate Coyne ahead of McCluskey for Unite head role.

Coyne magically suspended after voting but before the result announced amidst allegations of data protection breaches.

Len McCluskey's partner runs Corbyn's office.

Fighting rigged systems indeed...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Rigged system on 16:31 - Apr 20 with 3052 viewswaynekerr55

Nah, the right thing to do Bluey. All "whiter than white, see..."

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rigged system on 16:32 - Apr 20 with 3050 viewsperchrockjack

It's labour bluey

Only Tories can do that

Sad so many in Wales fighting a futile class war when the rest of the U.K, or most of it, moves on

Yep...straight out of East Germany that

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Rigged system on 16:47 - Apr 20 with 3033 viewsWingstandwood

Rigged system on 16:32 - Apr 20 by perchrockjack

It's labour bluey

Only Tories can do that

Sad so many in Wales fighting a futile class war when the rest of the U.K, or most of it, moves on

Yep...straight out of East Germany that

Wales does indeed have a class war mentality! Stuff like weighing up options and tactical voting to do what is best for themselves, children and great-grandchildren is beyond many.

If Wales had a lot more marginals, was more electorally volatile, had an "any party could win this... that..... or other seat" status quo? Then probably Wales would not have a transport system that is now so out of date i.e. the last time it had serious investment was when everyone had a black and white TV and a 6ft mono wooden radiogram-record-player.

Argus!

Rigged system on 16:52 - Apr 20 with 3023 viewsperchrockjack

A men to that

I've voted for the party who currently I believe can lead the country as a whole

I wasn't old enough to vote against Harold the liar Wilson

Voted against Heath though

The Welsh seem enslaved by poverty and old bitterness

Churchill, miners, thatcher all stories learned from fathers knees

My old man let me make up my own mind

Rigged system on 17:05 - Apr 20 with 2995 viewsNeathJack

What's the source for "Early returns seem to indicate Coyne ahead of McCluskey for Unite head role", out of interest?
Rigged system on 17:07 - Apr 20 with 2993 viewslondonlisa2001

Rigged system on 16:47 - Apr 20 by Wingstandwood

Wales does indeed have a class war mentality! Stuff like weighing up options and tactical voting to do what is best for themselves, children and great-grandchildren is beyond many.

If Wales had a lot more marginals, was more electorally volatile, had an "any party could win this... that..... or other seat" status quo? Then probably Wales would not have a transport system that is now so out of date i.e. the last time it had serious investment was when everyone had a black and white TV and a 6ft mono wooden radiogram-record-player.

"If Wales had a lot more marginals, was more electorally volatile, had an "any party could win this... that..... or other seat" status quo? Then probably Wales would not have a transport system that is now so out of date i.e. the last time it had serious investment was when everyone had a black and white TV and a 6ft mono wooden radiogram-record-player."

Absolutely agree with this. Wales' unwavering support of Labour, whatever happens, creates a noose for its own neck. And much as I take the mick out of Trampie, a strong showing for Plaid, or LibDems in Wales (or Tories for that matter, although that's not hugely likely) would be good news just to make the politicians think twice.
Rigged system on 17:08 - Apr 20 with 2991 viewsblueytheblue

Seen it several places, New Statesman for one. Early returns of course don't reflect final result, it has to be caveated.

The allegations I've seen are the Coyne used Labour party data to contact people.

There's just one fundamental problem with suspending Coyne.

Namely that Labour would be the entity holding that data and thus any breach in terms of giving that out would have been committed by... Labour.

So Unite suspending Coyne could very well have caused yet another headache for Corbyn.

EDIT:

It seems some evidence claimed was an interview Coyne gave a while ago where he says he used a Labour mailing list.

Now...

a) This was known at the time of the interview, so suspending now seems silly.
b) Coyne hasn't broken DPA by doing so - only if he'd hacked into Labour's IT systems to get the list. The entity holding the data ( Labour in this case ) is responsible for complying by DPA - so if someone gave Coyne the data, Labour have breached DPA. ICO will be interested.
c) If Labour distributed the data to coin, it beggars belief Red Len wasn't in receipt of at least the same info, given his partner working in Corbyn's office, Len publicly backing Corbyn.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 17:29]

Rigged system on 17:24 - Apr 20 with 2975 viewsWingstandwood

Rigged system on 17:07 - Apr 20 by londonlisa2001

"If Wales had a lot more marginals, was more electorally volatile, had an "any party could win this... that..... or other seat" status quo? Then probably Wales would not have a transport system that is now so out of date i.e. the last time it had serious investment was when everyone had a black and white TV and a 6ft mono wooden radiogram-record-player."

Absolutely agree with this. Wales' unwavering support of Labour, whatever happens, creates a noose for its own neck. And much as I take the mick out of Trampie, a strong showing for Plaid, or LibDems in Wales (or Tories for that matter, although that's not hugely likely) would be good news just to make the politicians think twice.

Yes indeed, vast areas of Wales ignored by the Tories because of its staunch Labour loyalty and completely (Vote guaranteed!... No need to bother) ignored by Labour for that very loyalty also.

Rock and a hard place stuff that makes me want to scream!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Rigged system on 17:32 - Apr 20 with 2957 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So Coyne broke some rules eh .

It doesn't matter

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Rigged system on 17:41 - Apr 20 with 2950 viewsblueytheblue

Rigged system on 17:32 - Apr 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

So Coyne broke some rules eh .

It doesn't matter

Not really, Tommy.

Labour breached DPA - should not have given Coyne the data.

And yeah, it does matter. Should ICO investigate could well be a massive fine coming Labour's way - would be the tip of the iceberg, there was always questions about Momentum's management of data too.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 17:42]

Rigged system on 17:45 - Apr 20 with 2946 viewsNeathJack

Rigged system on 17:08 - Apr 20 by blueytheblue

Seen it several places, New Statesman for one. Early returns of course don't reflect final result, it has to be caveated.

The allegations I've seen are the Coyne used Labour party data to contact people.

There's just one fundamental problem with suspending Coyne.

Namely that Labour would be the entity holding that data and thus any breach in terms of giving that out would have been committed by... Labour.

So Unite suspending Coyne could very well have caused yet another headache for Corbyn.

EDIT:

It seems some evidence claimed was an interview Coyne gave a while ago where he says he used a Labour mailing list.

Now...

a) This was known at the time of the interview, so suspending now seems silly.
b) Coyne hasn't broken DPA by doing so - only if he'd hacked into Labour's IT systems to get the list. The entity holding the data ( Labour in this case ) is responsible for complying by DPA - so if someone gave Coyne the data, Labour have breached DPA. ICO will be interested.
c) If Labour distributed the data to coin, it beggars belief Red Len wasn't in receipt of at least the same info, given his partner working in Corbyn's office, Len publicly backing Corbyn.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 17:29]

Have you got a link as the only thing I can see is that counting only started today?
Rigged system on 17:51 - Apr 20 with 2937 viewsblueytheblue

Rigged system on 17:45 - Apr 20 by NeathJack

Have you got a link as the only thing I can see is that counting only started today?

New Statesman claimed Coyne was ahead based upon early results.

That's not the big issue.

Big issue is this is going to be newsworthy - meaning a lot of people with far more knowledge of DPA than the incorrect "Coyne broke DPA" will be looking at it. That will open a massive can of worms for Labour should a complaint be made to ICO.

Rigged system on 18:02 - Apr 20 with 2931 viewsNeathJack

Rigged system on 17:51 - Apr 20 by blueytheblue

New Statesman claimed Coyne was ahead based upon early results.

That's not the big issue.

Big issue is this is going to be newsworthy - meaning a lot of people with far more knowledge of DPA than the incorrect "Coyne broke DPA" will be looking at it. That will open a massive can of worms for Labour should a complaint be made to ICO.

So you have no link then?
Rigged system on 18:03 - Apr 20 with 2928 viewsblueytheblue

Rigged system on 18:02 - Apr 20 by NeathJack

So you have no link then?

I've given you the name of one source, do the research.

And yet again... early returns isn't the issue. Focus on that all you want, the big story is Labour breaching the DPA.

Rigged system on 18:09 - Apr 20 with 2921 viewsperchrockjack

But if Tories break a rule...

Rigged system on 18:10 - Apr 20 with 2918 viewsNeathJack

Rigged system on 18:03 - Apr 20 by blueytheblue

I've given you the name of one source, do the research.

And yet again... early returns isn't the issue. Focus on that all you want, the big story is Labour breaching the DPA.

The BBC article doesn't mention anything about a beach of DPA.

Unite 'suspends' Len McCluskey challenger Gerard Coyne - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39658427
Rigged system on 13:29 - Apr 21 with 2867 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Rigged system on 18:10 - Apr 20 by NeathJack

Unite 'suspends' Len McCluskey challenger Gerard Coyne - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39658427

Bump

For the 2 senile wind ups😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Rigged system on 13:31 - Apr 21 with 2866 viewsperchrockjack

More insults then

Rigged system on 13:38 - Apr 21 with 2857 viewsblueytheblue

Rigged system on 18:10 - Apr 20 by NeathJack

Indeed, the BBC one doesn't.

Plenty are pointing to an interview Coyne gave in the not so distant past where he "admits" to asking for and receiving a Labour mailing list. Plenty are claiming via social media he "stole" their data which is factually incorrect.

Now, it may well be as BBC claim, "potentially defamatory" ( note, only "potentially" ) comments are the reason - a very, very weak reason at that given the allegation of dirty tricks on both sides.

The reality is, the suspension could very well be a non-entity, cleared after investigation.

What the furore afterwards has unveiled is that Labour potentially breached DPA by giving data out. When non Unite members who are members of Labour have received mailings from Coyne and McCluskey, ICO won't exactly be happy about that.

So those complaining to ICO about Coyne have in fact potentially landed Labour in the crap.

The original issue is secondary to a bigger issue that's become visible.

Rigged system on 13:54 - Apr 21 with 2848 viewsClinton

Rigged system on 13:38 - Apr 21 by blueytheblue

Indeed, the BBC one doesn't.

Plenty are pointing to an interview Coyne gave in the not so distant past where he "admits" to asking for and receiving a Labour mailing list. Plenty are claiming via social media he "stole" their data which is factually incorrect.

Now, it may well be as BBC claim, "potentially defamatory" ( note, only "potentially" ) comments are the reason - a very, very weak reason at that given the allegation of dirty tricks on both sides.

The reality is, the suspension could very well be a non-entity, cleared after investigation.

What the furore afterwards has unveiled is that Labour potentially breached DPA by giving data out. When non Unite members who are members of Labour have received mailings from Coyne and McCluskey, ICO won't exactly be happy about that.

So those complaining to ICO about Coyne have in fact potentially landed Labour in the crap.

The original issue is secondary to a bigger issue that's become visible.

Crazy for the The Labour Party and the Unions to be involved in this total flipping shambles in the lead up to a General Election.
The awful thing is that few people will be surprised by these antics. Its this sort of thing makes them unelectable (except in Wales).
Labour needs to hit rock bottom, admit its got a problem, and then rebuild IMHO.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rigged system on 14:00 - Apr 21 with 2844 viewsperchrockjack

Sense from clif

It also needs to elect a leader capable of appealing to the general public and one who can change lives of the less fortunate as well as encouraging talented individuals to succeed in business and create jobs . This is the future ,not corbyns ex soviet style intimidating crap

It needs Alan Johnson to return or even Dave Miliband

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024