Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Britain 18:02 - Apr 25 with 1703 viewsHighjack

I read that they are flooding the constituencies of Brexiteer MPs from across the political spectrum with 'activists' in order to try and get them replaced. This I imagine would take some serious organisation and funding. They must be paying serious money for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to even consider jumping on board.

Who is behind this shadowy organisation and how are they funded?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Open Britain on 18:10 - Apr 25 with 1689 viewsblueytheblue

Intriguing, isn't it?

Campaign for EU national rights in Britain, huzzah! Not a peep abut UK nationals in EU.

Looking here :-

http://www.open-britain.co.uk/who_we_are

Looks like motley crew of Labour and Lib Dems, which explains the targeting of Tory seats.

Question is, who funds them? Those wanting transparency seem quiet on this matter.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09641190

Will Straw, Peter Mandelson... ok, we'll forget June Sarpong.

Now it starts to make sense. Mandelson's involvement means it's almost conclusive EU funding is involved. Which raises a whole number of issues of EU money being used to try to influence a member state's election process...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Open Britain on 18:17 - Apr 25 with 1682 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

it's bordering on the ridiculous

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Open Britain on 21:55 - Apr 25 with 1594 viewsKerouac

Funny

https://order-order.com/2016/10/25/all-three-addresses-linked-to-open-britain-ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Open Britain on 22:03 - Apr 25 with 1578 viewsHighjack

Open Britain on 21:55 - Apr 25 by Kerouac

Funny

https://order-order.com/2016/10/25/all-three-addresses-linked-to-open-britain-ow

That Roland Rudd is the home secretary's brother I believe. What a coincidence, it's a small world innit.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Open Britain on 22:05 - Apr 25 with 1568 viewsblueytheblue

Open Britain on 22:03 - Apr 25 by Highjack

That Roland Rudd is the home secretary's brother I believe. What a coincidence, it's a small world innit.

He is... however...

He's a Labour supporter. Mandelson is godfather to one of his kids. Euan Blair was an intern at his company.

Open Britain on 01:22 - Apr 26 with 1514 viewsKerouac

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3408128/tony-blairs-old-election-leaflet-reveals-t

Open Britain on 03:17 - Apr 26 with 1499 viewsHumpty

Open Britain on 01:22 - Apr 26 by Kerouac

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3408128/tony-blairs-old-election-leaflet-reveals-t

Good work Kerouac.

You've found an argument winning bit of evidence there.

A Labour MP thought we should leave the EEC in 1983, when it was in Labours election manifesto to leave the EEC. In 1983.

Could you dig up for us any other classic examples of people changing their minds on various issues over a span of 34 years?

Sterling work son. Invaluable stuff.
Open Britain on 08:10 - Apr 26 with 1412 viewsKerouac

Open Britain on 03:17 - Apr 26 by Humpty

Good work Kerouac.

A Labour MP thought we should leave the EEC in 1983, when it was in Labours election manifesto to leave the EEC. In 1983.

Could you dig up for us any other classic examples of people changing their minds on various issues over a span of 34 years?

I didn't claim it proved anything.

but bear that leaflet in mind the next time somebody on here claims that to be for Brexit is to be "right-wing".

Login to get fewer ads

Open Britain on 08:23 - Apr 26 with 1395 viewsWarwickHunt

Open Britain on 03:17 - Apr 26 by Humpty

Good work Kerouac.

Pffft. May changed her mind overnight.

Strong leadership, see. Or something...
Open Britain on 08:27 - Apr 26 with 1391 viewsblueytheblue

Open Britain on 08:23 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

Pffft. May changed her mind overnight.

Strong leadership, see. Or something...

Has May changed her mind?

Or is May responding to the public view via referendum?

Open Britain on 08:35 - Apr 26 with 1382 viewsWarwickHunt

Open Britain on 08:27 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

She seems pretty keen on hard Brexit now.

My guess is she was never really a remainer in the first place...
Open Britain on 08:38 - Apr 26 with 1379 viewsexiledclaseboy

Either way, she's changed her mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Open Britain on 09:38 - Apr 26 with 1320 viewsblueytheblue

Open Britain on 08:38 - Apr 26 by exiledclaseboy

Either way, she's changed her mind.

How?

She can keep her view Remaining was the better option.

Public spoke the other way, so she's enacting the will of the people.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Open Britain on 09:44 - Apr 26 with 1316 viewssherpajacob

Yes she has changed her mind.

Pre referendum she said it was in national interest to remain.

In announcing the GE she said it was in national interest to leave.

Reality is she will say and do whatever she thinks is the best for keeping herself in power, and doesn't give a,fig for the national interest.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Open Britain on 14:45 - Apr 26 with 1237 viewsLeonWasGod

Superb. "I don't think it's a matter of right and left, but it's a matter of style". Very prophetic that.

If anyone believes they aren't ALL in a small incestuous club, with their noses in the trough either benefitting directly, or their families benefiting, from policies and tax breaks, etc., then they need their head looking at.

And the likes of Farage and Trump and Le Penn, etc., are all the same in terms of belonging to the establishment as the Tories and the Blairites....

if anti-establishment is your thing, there's only really some of the Independents who offer a way out. Corbyn? Maybe, but madness lies that way.
Open Britain on 14:50 - Apr 26 with 1227 viewsLeonWasGod

Open Britain on 09:38 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

How?

She can keep her view Remaining was the better option.

Public spoke the other way, so she's enacting the will of the people.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

She's flip flopping. Sure she's enacting out result of the referendum, and that's the right thing to do. But she's ultimately acting contrary to previously stated beliefs, and with some relish. As is Corbyn, as is Boris.

They'll all quite happily abandon principles for votes imo.
Open Britain on 14:50 - Apr 26 with 1226 viewsblueytheblue

Open Britain on 09:44 - Apr 26 by sherpajacob

Reality is she will say and do whatever she thinks is the best for keeping herself in power, and doesn't give a,fig for the national interest.

Referendum result was to leave. Government was advised the public wish was to leave.

Sounds to me like people want May to have said "f*ck this, we should Remain, ok, we'll leave but do a sh*t job of it"...

Open Britain on 15:07 - Apr 26 with 1199 viewsPrivate_Partz

Open Britain on 14:50 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

Referendum result was to leave. Government was advised the public wish was to leave.

Sounds to me like people want May to have said "f*ck this, we should Remain, ok, we'll leave but do a sh*t job of it"...

It is the latter that seems the most likely to me. Even more likely. 'We will leave and it will be a sh!t job as I am going to get the square root of eff all out of the EU. I therfore am going to pretend that this is what I wanted all along'.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Open Britain on 15:39 - Apr 26 with 1182 viewsHighjack

She got it wrong the first time but is now correcting her mistake.

Open Britain on 15:48 - Apr 26 with 1167 viewsHighjack

That picture of Blair alone is one reason never to vote for the prick.

"A more sane defence policy"? Yeah that worked out well....

Open Britain on 15:55 - Apr 26 with 1163 viewsWingstandwood

Sizeable article in today's SWEP page 18 headlined "Unions' demo over contractors use of overseas workers". That thorny issue of Brexit immigration!

The gist of the story is OUR Welsh indigenous workers are none too happy about Margam Green Energy Plant contractors Babcock, Williams and Volund employing an 80% foreign workforce.

Seen and experienced this type of thing myself, it brings in cheap labour where skilled overseas workers are brought in and paid the minimum wage. Stuff like overtime-rate is not paid and workers are denied decent basic working conditions e.g. holiday pay etc. If you refuse to work a no-overtime rate 18hr shift......You get sacked!

Immigration is a right wing policy that Thatcher would have loved! That's why I cannot understand 'lefties' demonstrating against immigration curbs whilst calling people racist. Obviously they've have not worked (or ever?) in the construction industry lately!

Argus!

Open Britain on 16:06 - Apr 26 with 1147 viewsLohengrin

A party politician then?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Open Britain on 17:10 - Apr 26 with 1104 viewssherpajacob

Hijack thinks she's changed her mind, which of course, anyone is entitled to do.

Bluey, ( who understands how tory minds work) says she hasn't changed her mind. Because to Tories that is a,sign of weakness.

Imho, I think she hasn't yet decided whether or not she's changed her mind, and when asked her reply will include the words Jeremy corbyn..

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Open Britain on 18:53 - Apr 26 with 1059 viewsKerouac

Open Britain on 15:48 - Apr 26 by Highjack

That picture of Blair alone is one reason never to vote for the prick.

"A more sane defence policy"? Yeah that worked out well....

Watch the video...it is unbearable, listening to the smarmy git provokes an uncontrollable urge in me to punch his f*cking teeth down his throat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024