Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Farron 18:12 - Apr 25 with 4231 viewsblueytheblue

No fan of his, but media, Labour et al focusing on his views on gay sex...

I wonder if those same people would question similar views of say a Muslim rather than a Christian?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tim Farron on 18:20 - Apr 25 with 3420 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

they should ask General Mays taking on it.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tim Farron on 18:33 - Apr 25 with 3401 viewsdickythorpe

What are his views?
Tim Farron on 18:37 - Apr 25 with 3393 viewsblueytheblue

Doesn't think it's a sin.

So basically a non story based upon trying to assassinate his character. If he has one.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tim Farron on 18:47 - Apr 25 with 3379 viewsKerouac

Tim Farron on 18:33 - Apr 25 by dickythorpe

What are his views?

He is a Christian and tried to avoid saying that he doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin...although the next day he stated that he didn't believe homosexuality to be a sin in the House of Commons.
He has a long track record of voting for gay rights, although (and I may be wrong on this) I think he abstained from the 1st vote on Gay marriage...although he said that he did this because of what was in the small print that was still to be ironed out.

I don't recall seeing a UK Muslim politician being put under the microscope like this.

There was also a Christian Welsh Tory who was called all sorts because of his association with a religious group called Stephen Crabb.

Definite double standards by some on my wing of politics.
I can't help but wonder whether the double standard is actually all about the fact that it is safe to give a Christian a kicking whereas there are consequences for sticking your head above the parapet to criticise the Islamic faith.
Cowardly I call it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Tim Farron on 19:08 - Apr 25 with 3350 viewsJango

Tim Farron on 18:20 - Apr 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

they should ask General Mays taking on it.

She doesn't take questions and only ever speaks when she's got notes to read word for word
Tim Farron on 19:13 - Apr 25 with 3342 viewsDarran

County Jim could not be reached for comment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tim Farron on 19:51 - Apr 25 with 3305 viewsrock1n

Yeah, this is where I have real problems with the politically correct types.

Tim Farron believes gay "sex" to be wrong he has consistently voted for gay rights he just has a moral objection to the sexual act. That is a viewpoint, fair enough question it but as others have said it's because he's a white Christian.

That to me is the height of racism to hold him up to higher standards basically.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tim Farron on 19:55 - Apr 25 with 3298 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't care what Farron's personal views are. From what I can tell he hasn't let his views (whatever they are) influence his voting record on homosexual equality or on LibDem policy in the area. Presumably if he did try that he'd be run out of the party and quite right too. I doubt real LibDems would have much time for someone holding openly intolerant and discriminatory views that are in direct contradiction to the party's values and policies.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Farron on 19:58 - Apr 25 with 3289 viewsDarran

Tim Farron on 19:55 - Apr 25 by exiledclaseboy

I don't care what Farron's personal views are. From what I can tell he hasn't let his views (whatever they are) influence his voting record on homosexual equality or on LibDem policy in the area. Presumably if he did try that he'd be run out of the party and quite right too. I doubt real LibDems would have much time for someone holding openly intolerant and discriminatory views that are in direct contradiction to the party's values and policies.

ETNIT could not be reached for comment.

Tim Farron on 20:16 - Apr 25 with 3276 viewsHighjack

Tim Farron on 18:33 - Apr 25 by dickythorpe

What are his views?

Usually an extreme closeup of the pillow he's currently biting.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tim Farron on 20:30 - Apr 25 with 3250 viewsbuilthjack

Tim Farron on 19:13 - Apr 25 by Darran

He's snowed in somewhere

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tim Farron on 20:20 - Apr 26 with 3091 viewslondonlisa2001

In answer to the OP - Sadiq Khan was questioned extensively on the subject when running for London mayor. You will probably not have seen it though as it wasn't relevant outside London.

He also circumvented a lot of questions by voluntarily giving interviews on his thoughts on the subject to magazines like Attitude and other press.

If a Moslem ever leads the Liberal party, I imagine they will also be questioned.

Farron has been an absolute moron on the topic - he's ended up saying it's fine, while having 4 or 5 days of the press focussing on it because he wouldn't say it before.

His voting record on the topic is impeccable though as ECB mentioned.
Tim Farron on 20:23 - Apr 26 with 3083 viewsrock1n

Tim Farron on 20:20 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

In answer to the OP - Sadiq Khan was questioned extensively on the subject when running for London mayor. You will probably not have seen it though as it wasn't relevant outside London.

He also circumvented a lot of questions by voluntarily giving interviews on his thoughts on the subject to magazines like Attitude and other press.

If a Moslem ever leads the Liberal party, I imagine they will also be questioned.

Farron has been an absolute moron on the topic - he's ended up saying it's fine, while having 4 or 5 days of the press focussing on it because he wouldn't say it before.

His voting record on the topic is impeccable though as ECB mentioned.

Was this from the same quarters though?

The right wing press we're going to Khan. I think the point being made is that your permanent rly offended types would more readily go for someone like farron

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Tim Farron on 20:29 - Apr 26 with 3076 viewslondonlisa2001

Tim Farron on 20:23 - Apr 26 by rock1n

Was this from the same quarters though?

The right wing press we're going to Khan. I think the point being made is that your permanent rly offended types would more readily go for someone like farron

It won't be from the same quarters when it's a local issue not national will it.

But they certainly didn't steer clear of the issue when we had the mayoral election here.

If a Moslem is ever leader of a national party they'll ask the same questions.

The right wing press were not supporting Khan - they were supporting Goldsmith.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2017 20:30]
Tim Farron on 20:33 - Apr 26 with 3062 viewsexiledclaseboy

I believe Sayeeda Warsi regularly faced tough questions about her record on LGBT rights. And she initially voted against the same sex marriage legislation. Those views would undoubtedly have been influenced by her religion.

Poll: Tory leader

Tim Farron on 22:55 - Apr 26 with 3008 viewsCountyJim

Tim Farron on 19:13 - Apr 25 by Darran

Oh look Darran attention seeking again

Just look out for his homophobic comments/jokes but that's ok

Hypocrite
Tim Farron on 22:59 - Apr 26 with 2998 viewsDarran

Tim Farron on 22:55 - Apr 26 by CountyJim

Oh look Darran attention seeking again

Just look out for his homophobic comments/jokes but that's ok

Hypocrite

Hypocritical about what you massive bender?

I couldn't give a fuçk if two men want to take each other up the aisle mun.

Tim Farron on 23:03 - Apr 26 with 2987 viewsCountyJim

Tim Farron on 22:59 - Apr 26 by Darran

Just says it all
Tim Farron on 23:04 - Apr 26 with 2985 viewsDarran

Tim Farron on 23:03 - Apr 26 by CountyJim

Just says it all

Homophobe.

Tim Farron on 10:30 - Apr 27 with 2894 viewsHighjack

Tim Farron on 22:59 - Apr 26 by Darran

Exactly, I have no idea why people get worked up about two men putting their rings on each other's fingers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Tim Farron on 10:35 - Apr 27 with 2890 viewsLord_Bony

It's going to be difficult or any politician with strong religious beliefs in this day and age to enter the public arena.

They will be constantly picked on about their religious stance on this and other subjects like abortion etc.

An easy target for the social media. Far more important things to discuss but it will always go back to this.

Politics and religion don't mix in 2017.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tim Farron on 10:38 - Apr 27 with 2879 viewsHighjack

Tim Farron on 10:35 - Apr 27 by Lord_Bony

It's going to be difficult or any politician with strong religious beliefs in this day and age to enter the public arena.

They will be constantly picked on about their religious stance on this and other subjects like abortion etc.

An easy target for the social media. Far more important things to discuss but it will always go back to this.

Politics and religion don't mix in 2017.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Unless it's in America. The idea of them ever having an openly atheist president is probably at least fifty years away.

Tim Farron on 10:44 - Apr 27 with 2870 viewsLord_Bony

Tim Farron on 10:38 - Apr 27 by Highjack

Unless it's in America. The idea of them ever having an openly atheist president is probably at least fifty years away.

As Farron has said,if it was America they would think it strange if a politician did not uphold Christian beliefs and values.

In this country is seems the opposite to be the case.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tim Farron on 11:05 - Apr 27 with 2846 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow I agree with you!!
I would not be voting Lib Dem if I thought they were going to wage war on anyone because of their sexuality.
I just wish the media would debate the issues raised in the respective manifestos rather than concentrating on things like this.
It should not be about the personality of the Leader but what their Party stands for.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tim Farron on 12:14 - Apr 27 with 2818 viewsWarwickHunt

Tim Farron on 18:47 - Apr 25 by Kerouac

He is a Christian and tried to avoid saying that he doesn't believe homosexuality is a sin...although the next day he stated that he didn't believe homosexuality to be a sin in the House of Commons.
He has a long track record of voting for gay rights, although (and I may be wrong on this) I think he abstained from the 1st vote on Gay marriage...although he said that he did this because of what was in the small print that was still to be ironed out.

I don't recall seeing a UK Muslim politician being put under the microscope like this.

There was also a Christian Welsh Tory who was called all sorts because of his association with a religious group called Stephen Crabb.

Definite double standards by some on my wing of politics.
I can't help but wonder whether the double standard is actually all about the fact that it is safe to give a Christian a kicking whereas there are consequences for sticking your head above the parapet to criticise the Islamic faith.
Cowardly I call it.

"...although the next day he stated that he didn't believe homosexuality to be a sin in the House of Commons. "

What about out of the House of Commons?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024