Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What policies would you vote for? 08:18 - Apr 27 with 9331 viewsjojaca

Just to throw a few in the air.

1) Ban zero hours/flexi contracts.
2) Minimum 20k per annum for full time work.
3) Ban buy to let(house is for living in).
4) Nationalize energy
5)............

Even when you know, you never know?

What policies would you vote for? on 20:20 - Apr 27 with 1518 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 20:17 - Apr 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

1.slash university fees
2. Renationalise energy
3. Push for more Green energy
4.renatioalise the railways
5. Increasing the minimum wage to £10 per hour
6.Measures to cap class sizes in schools
7.Increasing the Carers’ Allowance by £10 a week , to put it in line with Jobseekers’ Allowance
8.Ending the 1% pay cap for nurses, midwives and other NHS staff
9.Repealing the Trade Union Act
10.£500 billion National Investment Bank to help the economy recover after Brexit
9. A commitment to the renewal of the Trident nuclear deterrent
10.death penalty reimposed
11.Reversing Tory cuts to corporation tax

You were doing so well until no 10. That would immediately rule me out of ever voting for you, regardless of anything else.

Poll: Tory leader

What policies would you vote for? on 20:21 - Apr 27 with 1516 viewsrock1n

1.slash university fees
2. Renationalise energy
7.Increasing the Carers’ Allowance by £10 a week , to put it in line with Jobseekers’ Allowance
10.£500 billion National Investment Bank to help the economy recover after Brexit

Disagree but all laudable aims - seems more sensible hard left stuff than Corbyn metropolitan leftism which is weak on defence and law and order

All your ideas completely unaffordable though of course
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 20:23]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

What policies would you vote for? on 20:22 - Apr 27 with 1506 viewsperchrockjack

But none advocating having only the Monarch and heir being subject of an allowance

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What policies would you vote for? on 20:22 - Apr 27 with 1507 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 20:19 - Apr 27 by blueytheblue

There are abuses in the health care system though ECB, especially with free prescriptions.

I suffer from pretty bad hayfever - GP gave a prescription for something I told him was no better than over the counter stuff. He wouldn't take no for an answer, saying I could get it free.

Well, I can afford to pay for over the counter hayfever medication. I don't need to be prescribed something I can afford, so I've never gone the freebie route.

In an NHS model that doesn't scale particularly well, I'd rather those that can afford to pay be charged and allow free resources to be used on those who genuinely are in need. Obviously emergency care falls into a different scenario, but for run of the mill things, means testing for me is needed.

Did you reply to the wrong post? I've already explained my issue with means testing upthread. It's fine in principle but causes difficulties for many in practice.

What policies would you vote for? on 20:24 - Apr 27 with 1503 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 20:22 - Apr 27 by perchrockjack

But none advocating having only the Monarch and heir being subject of an allowance

Not exactly an issue of great importance really.

What policies would you vote for on 20:26 - Apr 27 with 1494 viewssherpajacob

What policies would you vote for on 09:21 - Apr 27 by BigPhilG

Ban the Burkha

Awaits the incoming lefties/ snowflakes (delete as appropriate)

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What policies would you vote for? on 20:30 - Apr 27 with 1485 viewsperchrockjack

Maybe not to you me ol mucker but a greater example of seeing us more " all in it together" I cannot imagine.

These people utterly removed from all of us

As an aside, it's bank holiday in Holland today, Kings birthday

My son saw him and his missus and kids cycling in Wassenar ( Hague) this morning ...on a public cycle way, albeit with big security with them.

Good example of approachable Monarchy.

Seen him ourselves on Dutch Veterans Day. He likes a drink does willhem Alex and not averse to pressing the flesh with commoners

So yeah, for me, a big deal

Anyway, hope matters are as good as can be expected down there

What policies would you vote for? on 20:33 - Apr 27 with 1480 viewsexiledclaseboy

What policies would you vote for? on 20:30 - Apr 27 by perchrockjack

Maybe not to you me ol mucker but a greater example of seeing us more " all in it together" I cannot imagine.

These people utterly removed from all of us

As an aside, it's bank holiday in Holland today, Kings birthday

My son saw him and his missus and kids cycling in Wassenar ( Hague) this morning ...on a public cycle way, albeit with big security with them.

Good example of approachable Monarchy.

Seen him ourselves on Dutch Veterans Day. He likes a drink does willhem Alex and not averse to pressing the flesh with commoners

So yeah, for me, a big deal

Anyway, hope matters are as good as can be expected down there

Thanks. Up and down but could be worse.

Login to get fewer ads

What policies would you vote for? on 20:35 - Apr 27 with 1465 viewsperchrockjack

You got my number

Up is the better

What policies would you vote for? on 20:36 - Apr 27 with 1468 viewssherpajacob

What policies would you vote for? on 20:33 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks. Up and down but could be worse.

The UK to become a republic.

What policies would you vote for? on 20:41 - Apr 27 with 1457 viewsNeathJack

1.slash university fees
2. Renationalise energy

Agree with all bar your second 9 & 10.
What policies would you vote for? on 20:41 - Apr 27 with 1454 viewsperchrockjack

No just a slimmed down contemporary monarchy as many others have

What policies would you vote for? on 20:42 - Apr 27 with 1448 viewssherpajacob

What policies would you vote for? on 20:48 - Apr 27 with 1439 viewssherpajacob

What policies would you vote for? on 20:54 - Apr 27 with 1428 viewsJack_Meoff

What policies would you vote for? on 20:21 - Apr 27 by rock1n

Disagree but all laudable aims - seems more sensible hard left stuff than Corbyn metropolitan leftism which is weak on defence and law and order

All your ideas completely unaffordable though of course
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 20:23]

How do you say unaffordable? Genuine question. At present our national debt is approaching £2 trillion. The last seven years of austerity have increased it vastly. What's the problem with investing in the country? It's not like a household budget is it? Plus it's not as if any income stream that could actually cut the deficit isn't being flogged off, often to the benefit of other countries. Imagine the British people benefiting from infrastructure we collectively paid for?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

What policies would you vote for? on 21:00 - Apr 27 with 1420 viewslondonlisa2001

1.slash university fees
2. Renationalise energy

Strangely some of yours overlap with some of mine, but I couldn't disagree more with 2. (no party has any energy policy at the moment let alone run it), 4. (It would be a disaster), 10.(both of them) and 11.(I want to calculate it differently to collect more from global corporations, not increase it to discourage small companies starting up, which is more essential than ever after Brexit).
What policies would you vote for? on 21:32 - Apr 27 with 1396 viewsrock1n

What policies would you vote for? on 20:54 - Apr 27 by Jack_Meoff

How do you say unaffordable? Genuine question. At present our national debt is approaching £2 trillion. The last seven years of austerity have increased it vastly. What's the problem with investing in the country? It's not like a household budget is it? Plus it's not as if any income stream that could actually cut the deficit isn't being flogged off, often to the benefit of other countries. Imagine the British people benefiting from infrastructure we collectively paid for?

I GIVE UP

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

What policies would you vote for? on 21:43 - Apr 27 with 1383 viewslonglostjack

1.slash university fees
2. Renationalise energy

Disagree on point 9. A complete waste of money. Would be better spent on conventional weapons and equipment. Disagree Point 10. Agree with all the rest.
I'd add another policy too:

12. Introduce the 50+1 rule into British football and backdate it to 1st January 2016

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%2B1_rule
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 21:50]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What policies would you vote for? on 21:48 - Apr 27 with 1380 viewslonglostjack

What policies would you vote for? on 21:00 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

Strangely some of yours overlap with some of mine, but I couldn't disagree more with 2. (no party has any energy policy at the moment let alone run it), 4. (It would be a disaster), 10.(both of them) and 11.(I want to calculate it differently to collect more from global corporations, not increase it to discourage small companies starting up, which is more essential than ever after Brexit).

Re. Point 11 a tax on operating profits would be good. I can hear the howls of anguish from the Big Four and ICAEW already!
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 21:50]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What policies would you vote for? on 22:01 - Apr 27 with 1366 viewsKerouac

What policies would you vote for? on 15:46 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

I could go with all of those save renationalisation.

I would also propose a genuine living wage, paid for by a zero tolerance policy on collection of income and corporation taxes, with an abolition of non dom status and an imputed taxation charge based on turnover and group profits for corporation tax in global groups.

I would also abandon the tax credit system as I don't believe public money should be used to subsidise companies paying their workforce too little.

I would make childcare costs tax deductible (including nannies) so that people are better incentivised to return to work and to stop the double taxation of families paying tax on nannies' pay out of already taxed income.

I would abandon the policy of expecting 50% of kids to attend university, and instead roll out a more extensive programme of apprenticeships. University should be free with means tested living grants reintroduced. All benefits should be means tested, including things such as fuel allowance, prescription charges, child allowance. Increase tax free allowance to £12k so the first £1k a month is tax free. Remove management of the NHS from party politics and instead set up a cross party body with representatives from the BMA, RCN, NICE and others to run the NHS outside party influence. Similarly with national energy policy.

I agree with all of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What policies would you vote for? on 22:05 - Apr 27 with 1359 viewsKerouac

What policies would you vote for? on 16:23 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

The living wage should be a proper one. Calculations suggest that it's somewhere around £7.85 for outside London and £9.25 in London. I'd propose something around £10 ish for starters (I wouldn't give a aloneon weighting as it's about time there was some arbitrage between London and everywhere else).

I honestly think one of the main issues with the NHS is the constant policy changing and points scoring. It is too important for that.

Also, one thing I didn't mention, I'd move every single government department outside London as far as possible (I realise senior staff may have to stay in London as that's where the ministers are). No reason given technology, for all other staff to be here and would give a jobs boost and economy boost elsewhere.

Your last paragraph is good, I could vote for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

What policies would you vote for? on 22:44 - Apr 27 with 1328 viewsyescomeon

What policies would you vote for? on 21:00 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

Just out of interest, is it purely a financial objection you have to nationalising energy?

Upthecity!

What policies would you vote for? on 22:46 - Apr 27 with 1321 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What policies would you vote for? on 20:20 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

You were doing so well until no 10. That would immediately rule me out of ever voting for you, regardless of anything else.

Child rapists

Should be hung drawn and quartered

How's that for a looney leftie

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

What policies would you vote for? on 22:50 - Apr 27 with 1313 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

By the way

They are all labour policy's

Bar No 10 of course .

Seems some are playing the man not the ball

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

What policies would you vote for? on 23:11 - Apr 27 with 1293 viewsJack_Meoff

What policies would you vote for? on 22:50 - Apr 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

By the way

They are all labour policy's

Bar No 10 of course .

Seems some are playing the man not the ball

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024