Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What policies would you vote for? 08:18 - Apr 27 with 9292 viewsjojaca

Just to throw a few in the air.

1) Ban zero hours/flexi contracts.
2) Minimum 20k per annum for full time work.
3) Ban buy to let(house is for living in).
4) Nationalize energy
5)............

Even when you know, you never know?

What policies would you vote for? on 08:26 - Apr 27 with 3815 viewsrock1n

Well none of them for a start

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

What policies would you vote for? on 08:33 - Apr 27 with 3812 viewsjojaca

What policies would you vote for? on 08:26 - Apr 27 by rock1n

Well none of them for a start

Don't be shy then, name a few.

Even when you know, you never know?

What policies would you vote for? on 08:46 - Apr 27 with 3800 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 08:33 - Apr 27 by jojaca

Surely policies can only be voted for or not if they are costed and we have details on how we are going to pay for them?

So take your 'everyone should earn £20k' one. I agree that sounds sensible and fair on the face of it. But how will that be implemented? Much higher minimum wage? If so, what will be the effect on unemployment numbers and tax income for the country? What would happen to inflation? Cost of goods produced by these higher paid workers? Competitiveness of exports? Impact on trade deficit?

No buy to let? Who will own the vast numbers of properties that come onto the market? The councils? How will they pay for them? What if no one buys the properties that can't be let out due to your policy? Will we just have large numbers of empty properties? No rentals available? Where will everyone live? Are we going to force people to take out mortgages? What about those that have no work? Are we going to force banks to lend to them? How? Underwrite loans? How will we pay for that?

Etc etc etc.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 8:48]
What policies would you vote for? on 08:48 - Apr 27 with 3792 viewsWarwickHunt

You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my five pounds.
What policies would you vote for? on 08:49 - Apr 27 with 3790 viewsnantywatcher

What policies would you vote for? on 08:33 - Apr 27 by jojaca

Banning the Welsh language, and use the millions spent on inflicting a redundant language on us to far better use, you could probably build a new hospital with the monies thrown down the toilet on signage etc.(Quite happy for it to continue as a hobby, or evening class jolly) It's now 2017 not 1617!!
What policies would you vote for? on 08:49 - Apr 27 with 3788 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 08:48 - Apr 27 by WarwickHunt

You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my five pounds.

I assume that probably wasn't directed at me
What policies would you vote for? on 08:52 - Apr 27 with 3777 viewsperchrockjack

Banning Welsh?

Off ya go, Lifey,daf, Killy

My vote...stop or at least reduce overseas aid

On second thoughts, abolish it completely and give money to our people needing treatment and leave Africa to rid itself of its own despots and tribal programs

There ya go

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What policies would you vote for? on 08:56 - Apr 27 with 3776 viewsWarwickHunt

What policies would you vote for? on 08:49 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

I assume that probably wasn't directed at me

Unfortunately, the 1980s software this forum uses doesn't allow the OP to be quoted...
Login to get fewer ads

What policies would you vote for? on 09:14 - Apr 27 with 3752 viewsperchrockjack

And allows me to be mosquitoed

What policies would you vote for? on 09:17 - Apr 27 with 3758 viewsClinton

What policies would you vote for? on 09:14 - Apr 27 by perchrockjack

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

What policies would you vote for? on 09:17 - Apr 27 with 3757 viewslifelong

What policies would you vote for? on 08:52 - Apr 27 by perchrockjack

Banning Welsh?

Off ya go, Lifey,daf, Killy

My vote...stop or at least reduce overseas aid

On second thoughts, abolish it completely and give money to our people needing treatment and leave Africa to rid itself of its own despots and tribal programs

There ya go

Yma o hyd.....Cymru am byth.
What policies would you vote for on 09:21 - Apr 27 with 3754 viewsBigPhilG

Ban the Burkha

Awaits the incoming lefties/ snowflakes (delete as appropriate)
What policies would you vote for? on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 3747 viewsMrSwerve

What policies would you vote for? on 09:14 - Apr 27 by perchrockjack

Brilliant. Waynekerr will enjoy that one!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

What policies would you vote for? on 09:25 - Apr 27 with 3746 viewsClinton

What policies would you vote for? on 08:46 - Apr 27 by londonlisa2001

Surely policies can only be voted for or not if they are costed and we have details on how we are going to pay for them?

So take your 'everyone should earn £20k' one. I agree that sounds sensible and fair on the face of it. But how will that be implemented? Much higher minimum wage? If so, what will be the effect on unemployment numbers and tax income for the country? What would happen to inflation? Cost of goods produced by these higher paid workers? Competitiveness of exports? Impact on trade deficit?

No buy to let? Who will own the vast numbers of properties that come onto the market? The councils? How will they pay for them? What if no one buys the properties that can't be let out due to your policy? Will we just have large numbers of empty properties? No rentals available? Where will everyone live? Are we going to force people to take out mortgages? What about those that have no work? Are we going to force banks to lend to them? How? Underwrite loans? How will we pay for that?

Etc etc etc.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2017 8:48]

Buy to let.
They needn't go on the market. We could nationalise them. if you're worried about costing it, we could just confiscate them. Let them out at reasonable rent to nurses and teachers etc.
Proper left wing policy.
Power to the people.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

What policies would you vote for? on 09:33 - Apr 27 with 3737 viewsVetchfielder

Increase income tax by 1% and ring fence it for the NHS and Social Care

Proud to have been one of the 231

What policies would you vote for? on 09:35 - Apr 27 with 3735 viewsPegojack

Policies? POLICIES??

If we start considering policies, there'll be a serious risk of a proper political debate breaking out.

Don't you know that the correct way to proceed in the run up to a general election is to sling personal insults around in the style of Boris Johnson, our esteemed Foreign Secretary?
What policies would you vote for? on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 3724 viewsperchrockjack

David Iwan

What policies would you vote for? on 09:37 - Apr 27 with 3732 viewsLoyal

There are few policies that would interest me, however a centralised system of open sponsored w@nk spots country wide is definitely required. Hiding in bushes knocking one out whilst keeeping an eye open for the law and predatory knob biting creatures is difficult as you grow older. Another insight in to the value placed on older people by recent governments.

A place to gather with other w@nk friends would also prevent the following -

1. Hospital bills ( from the uneducated who act first and think later when they catch you ) The NHS are then more free to concentrate on more serious illnesses.
2. A greener climate ( less washing of stained clothing after nights out means a healthier climate. Ask any hotel who leave those mass produced cards in your room )
3. An open policy of sponsorship for companies to sponsor these areas. Or free sponsorship for certain businesses. ' Local Tug Boat' - A push and pull strategy for those who are in to marketing.
4. Penultimately it would encourage friendship and this in turn encourages a positive mental health outlook. Today mental health dominates the news, a decent area for a good old blow out when out and about would decrease these issues most certainly.
5. It's early says but like darts etc this could well develop in to an Olympic sport in years to come.

Win Win.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What policies would you vote for? on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 3711 viewsperchrockjack

Hast to be post of the year

What policies would you vote for? on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 3716 viewslondonlisa2001

What policies would you vote for? on 09:25 - Apr 27 by Clinton

Buy to let.
They needn't go on the market. We could nationalise them. if you're worried about costing it, we could just confiscate them. Let them out at reasonable rent to nurses and teachers etc.
Proper left wing policy.
Power to the people.

Confiscating people's property is not proper left wing policy - it's the Soviet Union.

And teachers need that do they? What about the ones earning £40k plus in Swansea so double what the average private sector wòrker is probably on? What about head teachers on over £100k in London?

And people wonder why the Labour Party is in disarray.
What policies would you vote for? on 09:49 - Apr 27 with 3715 viewsLeonWasGod

What policies would you vote for? on 09:35 - Apr 27 by Pegojack

Policies? POLICIES??

If we start considering policies, there'll be a serious risk of a proper political debate breaking out.

Don't you know that the correct way to proceed in the run up to a general election is to sling personal insults around in the style of Boris Johnson, our esteemed Foreign Secretary?

Innit. I'd get a farkin great big bus and paint a picture on the side of people having their cake and eating it. That should do it.

Seriously though?

- I'm not too keen on the massive corporation tax cuts that the Tories have brought in in the last 7 yrs. That needs addressing, but in a progressive way that's not punitive to small businesses trying to start out.

- As a principle, I'd also want education to be free for all. Difficult to achieve the way the market has now essentially been privatised, especially via the University system. But £9,000+ a year is taking the piss and precludes many from accessing it, or saddles them massive debts at a time when they will want to be saving for mortgage deposits, etc. I'd certainly reverse the planned expansion of grammar schools and private/faith/free schools. Focus on one system and get it working.

- We also need to pay more tax, but in a fair way. That's key to achieving the social aspirations we have when we look to Scandinavian countries for example. It's the biggy though and not a vote winner. Clamping down on tax fraud would be a good start, but obviously we attract large companies by offering them deals and we need the jobs. So we need to balance taxation versus attractiveness to invest. I don't think we've got that right as the profits some of these organisations make are obscene. And we seem to stuck in a cycle exploitation where the owners get richer and the workers seem to get poorer - haven't we the greatest wealth gap in Europe?

- I'd do more to promote health and wellbeing. Our national bill for sickness and ill health is ridiculous. We need to improve our environment (green spaces, air quality in cities) and improve the quality of living (much better nutrition / drink guidelines and policies needed). Also need to make time for people to de-stress. Again corporate greed has us running round 24/7 for most people, on all days except Christmas day for many. That's not right and not normal when you visit other countries.
What policies would you vote for? on 09:52 - Apr 27 with 3702 viewsperchrockjack

Health you say

Double. The price of s pint

Tax the Fooking sugary drinks trade

Tax up KFC etc as the saving on cost of clearing up the rubbish would pay for itself

What policies would you vote for? on 10:01 - Apr 27 with 3699 viewsLohengrin

* The wearing of pencil skirts and heels to be made mandatory for all women sizes 8 to 12.

* Jiving lessons to be introduced at secondary schools.

* Bad ironing and shoe-care to be criminalised.

* Admittance of females to the bar area at Legion and Rugby Clubs to be at the discretion of the Committee.

* The wearing of beards to be restricted to the demonstrably ugly.

* The immediate removal of VAT from cigarettes, petrol and beer.

* July 10th, 'Mametz Day' to become a Bank Holiday in Wales.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What policies would you vote for? on 10:14 - Apr 27 with 3692 viewsHighjack

What policies would you vote for? on 10:01 - Apr 27 by Lohengrin

* The wearing of pencil skirts and heels to be made mandatory for all women sizes 8 to 12.

* Jiving lessons to be introduced at secondary schools.

* Bad ironing and shoe-care to be criminalised.

* Admittance of females to the bar area at Legion and Rugby Clubs to be at the discretion of the Committee.

* The wearing of beards to be restricted to the demonstrably ugly.

* The immediate removal of VAT from cigarettes, petrol and beer.

* July 10th, 'Mametz Day' to become a Bank Holiday in Wales.

Now there are some common sense policies for the 21st century.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What policies would you vote for? on 10:21 - Apr 27 with 3687 viewsWhiterockin

Ban relegation from the Premier League for 12 months with immediate effect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024