Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero 15:31 - Apr 30 with 2687 viewsPrivate_Partz

What has happened to our flying winger who can beat the best if em on his day?
Personally I think Jeff is Donald Ducked along the lines of poor Ferrie.
Feel very sorry or him. I know many will call him up in holes but his injury is one of many things that did not go for us today and thereby preventing us getting 3 points.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on 15:35 - Apr 30 with 2644 viewsHighjack

His hamstring is made of wet tissues.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Montero on 16:08 - Apr 30 with 2550 viewsjackal

What prevented us getting 3 points was a diving, cheating c*nt and an incompetent, biased referee.
Montero on 16:14 - Apr 30 with 2526 viewstomdickharry

Montero on 16:08 - Apr 30 by jackal

What prevented us getting 3 points was a diving, cheating c*nt and an incompetent, biased referee.

Saw a rerun of that penalty award don't think he saw it players in the way yet another guess,will he own up just like Taylor did.
Montero on 16:18 - Apr 30 with 2495 viewsunion_jack

Montero on 16:14 - Apr 30 by tomdickharry

Saw a rerun of that penalty award don't think he saw it players in the way yet another guess,will he own up just like Taylor did.

He should do but it's not going to make one iota of difference now.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Montero on 16:18 - Apr 30 with 2493 viewsE20Jack

Without blowing my own trumpet and an avid supporter of all our players. I called it after a handful of games with Montero. He ripped teams to shreds at the beginning but I remember saying, he is so easy to stop. After teams did their homework he barely got a kick. He is a very limited straight line sprinter, that is it.

He is not very good at all. Championship player for me.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 16:30]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Montero on 16:23 - Apr 30 with 2459 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on 16:08 - Apr 30 by jackal

Fully agree. It's just he can turn a game. One crack at the full back and his hamstring pops again.
The guy can turn a game but seems his career is over the way he is getting injured. For me it is a shame. He is very special player but I would say it is starting to look like his career is over.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on 16:37 - Apr 30 with 2378 viewsTreforys_Jack

He's gutless, just another picking up his substantial pay packet, nice new contract beginning of the year as well, more money well spent.
Montero on 17:44 - Apr 30 with 2211 viewsAndyNak

Defender put his knee into the side of his thigh. Looked more like dead leg than hamstring gone

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Login to get fewer ads

Montero on 17:53 - Apr 30 with 2173 viewsicecoldjack

Nothings happened to him, he's always been a bit iffy, always been a 20 min player and always been picking up injuries.

Best laugh is all the people here rwho slated Pablo yet loved Montero, quite frankly Jeff isn't fit to lace Pablo's boots .

Like so many of our players there is zero consistancy meaning that we must be a total nightmare to manage!
One week great next week rubbish, been that way with most of the players from the start of the season.They obviously have talent, they must have to play well against the big sides like Spurs,Liverpool ,Chelsea and Man utd so what is missing with them ?

Jeff sums it up, on his day can be bloody great for 20 mins, most of the time goes missing when needed most, it's the same for many others and one of the reasons we are staring relegation in the face.

How can the worst defense in the league look like a back four of world beaters today ?
Montero on 17:57 - Apr 30 with 2152 viewslonglostjack

Montero on 17:53 - Apr 30 by icecoldjack

Nothings happened to him, he's always been a bit iffy, always been a 20 min player and always been picking up injuries.

Best laugh is all the people here rwho slated Pablo yet loved Montero, quite frankly Jeff isn't fit to lace Pablo's boots .

Like so many of our players there is zero consistancy meaning that we must be a total nightmare to manage!
One week great next week rubbish, been that way with most of the players from the start of the season.They obviously have talent, they must have to play well against the big sides like Spurs,Liverpool ,Chelsea and Man utd so what is missing with them ?

Jeff sums it up, on his day can be bloody great for 20 mins, most of the time goes missing when needed most, it's the same for many others and one of the reasons we are staring relegation in the face.

How can the worst defense in the league look like a back four of world beaters today ?

Simples. BB. And it's defence please not effing defense.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 17:58]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Montero on 19:22 - Apr 30 with 1971 viewsTheKirkyLife

New studies suggest that his legs are actually made out of paper. Seem to get a new tear with every game.
Montero on 19:37 - Apr 30 with 1891 viewsRogerstone

He will post a video of him riding his sprogs bike on instagram later

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Montero on 19:38 - Apr 30 with 1884 viewsjack2jack

Montero on 19:22 - Apr 30 by TheKirkyLife

New studies suggest that his legs are actually made out of paper. Seem to get a new tear with every game.

Oh well back to cycling around the kitchen then!
Montero on 19:53 - Apr 30 with 1833 viewsWingstandwood

Call me old fashioned?
Call me stuck in my ways?
Call me a traditionalist?

Players of width/attacking type? Well I bloody well like to see them scoring a few goals here and there.

Routledge 183 apps 16 goals
Montero 60 apps 1 goals
Barrow 51 apps 1 goals
Narsingh 11 apps 0 goals

Total 311 apps 18 goals. Boy I'd have Sinclair before any of the above along with an injury free Hernandez.

Argus!

Montero on 20:02 - Apr 30 with 1801 viewsjack247

Montero on 16:18 - Apr 30 by E20Jack

Without blowing my own trumpet and an avid supporter of all our players. I called it after a handful of games with Montero. He ripped teams to shreds at the beginning but I remember saying, he is so easy to stop. After teams did their homework he barely got a kick. He is a very limited straight line sprinter, that is it.

He is not very good at all. Championship player for me.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 16:30]

Agree with this and I'd never start him, but...he is an excellent option to have on the bench when you just need someone to tear at a full back for 20 minutes. Have never understood the adulation for him, but I'd have him as a sub every game.
Montero on 20:06 - Apr 30 with 1778 viewsheadcleaner

the likes of Montero are why were in the sheite. Its no good being in the prem and having promise - the guy needs to be pretty much the finished article he is like a man baby made of elastic thats worn. he looked happy all cwtched up in a blanket on the stretcher- get rid and save on wages. whoever signed him needs shoeing oh yes Judas Jenkins did 2@
Montero on 20:23 - Apr 30 with 1725 viewsNirvana

Montero on 19:38 - Apr 30 by jack2jack

Oh well back to cycling around the kitchen then!

Haha my thoughts exactly.

There'll inevitably be a few on here who defend it as "therapy" or "playing with his kids". Ffukkingg hell.
Montero on 20:36 - Apr 30 with 1660 viewsWingstandwood

Montero on 20:06 - Apr 30 by headcleaner

the likes of Montero are why were in the sheite. Its no good being in the prem and having promise - the guy needs to be pretty much the finished article he is like a man baby made of elastic thats worn. he looked happy all cwtched up in a blanket on the stretcher- get rid and save on wages. whoever signed him needs shoeing oh yes Judas Jenkins did 2@

Love your take on him, he's a 'once in every blue moon' type of player that is both the ultimate luxury and the ultimate waste of money. Thousands of Pounds better spent elsewhere, money poured down the drain on an almost (blue moons aside) weekly basis.

It's crazy the desperate forlorn hope from (me included) supporters that is the equivalent of trying to remain positive to win on a coconut shy in pitch black darkness. The "perhaps this is THE game he might score, contribute or not get injured".

Argus!

Montero on 20:38 - Apr 30 with 1649 viewsNirvana

Montero on 19:53 - Apr 30 by Wingstandwood

Call me old fashioned?
Call me stuck in my ways?
Call me a traditionalist?

Players of width/attacking type? Well I bloody well like to see them scoring a few goals here and there.

Routledge 183 apps 16 goals
Montero 60 apps 1 goals
Barrow 51 apps 1 goals
Narsingh 11 apps 0 goals

Total 311 apps 18 goals. Boy I'd have Sinclair before any of the above along with an injury free Hernandez.

Spot on here, Wing.

And it's quite the modern phenomenon, as well, to expect your widemen to chip in regularly with some goals. This has easily been the biggest issue with our attack the past couple seasons, and it should've been addressed with quality a long time ago. Ayew is a start, but we need much more to compete in the PL. Just to emphasize the past two seasons, here are the PL numbers:

Montero - 53 app / 1 goal
Routledge - 48 app / 4 goals
Barrow - 36 app / 1 goal

Grim.

When Wayne Routledge is a serious goal threat for your club it should be a major red flag. The evidence has been there for awhile, and it's Jenkins' fault for not bringing in better.
Montero on 20:43 - Apr 30 with 1611 viewsNirvana

Montero on 20:02 - Apr 30 by jack247

Agree with this and I'd never start him, but...he is an excellent option to have on the bench when you just need someone to tear at a full back for 20 minutes. Have never understood the adulation for him, but I'd have him as a sub every game.

He has now been taken off multiple times after coming on as a sub, and he's extremely one-dimensional and mostly ineffective when he actually stays healthy for 20 minutes.

He took the PL by surprise at first because he had been in exile in Mexico for two years. The league then saw enough of him to have him figured out pretty quickly, and he's only ever really been successful against plodding, lunging fullbacks. Otherwise, he's marked into oblivion and he is always quite comfortable to stay there.

I would get rid of him at every opportunity and bring in a young, promising replacement and wouldn't think twice about it, and even Dan James is a better option right now. The Montero Ship sailed long ago, and this summer it should be heading to its new destination.
Montero on 20:45 - Apr 30 with 1601 viewsTheKirkyLife

Montero on 20:38 - Apr 30 by Nirvana

Spot on here, Wing.

And it's quite the modern phenomenon, as well, to expect your widemen to chip in regularly with some goals. This has easily been the biggest issue with our attack the past couple seasons, and it should've been addressed with quality a long time ago. Ayew is a start, but we need much more to compete in the PL. Just to emphasize the past two seasons, here are the PL numbers:

Barrow - 36 app / 1 goal

Grim.

When Wayne Routledge is a serious goal threat for your club it should be a major red flag. The evidence has been there for awhile, and it's Jenkins' fault for not bringing in better.

Makes you wonder, just how serious will the owners be about revamping if we can pull off the great escape this season? For two QUALITY wingers that'll surely have to be at the very least £30 million out of pocket.

Then comes the question pf who on earth is even available.
Montero on 20:47 - Apr 30 with 1587 viewsTNT

I'll never forget / forgive how disinterested he was at Spurs, even before they scored.

I'm done with this guy.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Montero on 20:47 - Apr 30 with 1584 viewsWingstandwood

Montero on 20:38 - Apr 30 by Nirvana

Spot on here, Wing.

Barrow - 36 app / 1 goal

Grim.

Now I may not be the greatest fan of Leighton James what with his caustic character but he holds a rather traditionalist-view on wingers I like. He was pretty useful himself.

His opinion is? Wingers should be able to create danger for the opposition and both cross and weigh in with a few goals here and there.

Edit: Out of interest I'd love to know the combined goal tally of our wide players this season? My guess it's astronomically appalling and by far the worst season for SCFC winger goal tally in the PL?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 20:54]

Argus!

Montero on 21:06 - Apr 30 with 1496 viewsNirvana

Montero on 20:45 - Apr 30 by TheKirkyLife

Makes you wonder, just how serious will the owners be about revamping if we can pull off the great escape this season? For two QUALITY wingers that'll surely have to be at the very least £30 million out of pocket.

Then comes the question pf who on earth is even available.

Yeah, everything hinges on relegation at this point so it's dangerous to start thinking about £30m and options to bring in, but that is absolutely what it will require.

You need to pay for or be able to find quality, preferably both, to compete in the PL. We haven't been doing either for at least a few seasons. It's truly sad.

But, on a positive note, if we do stay up I think the owners will invest a little bit of money, simply because they see the inherent danger in not doing so. They did spend more than most relegation teams in January, and I am really hoping they will do more this summer.

As far as options go, I would do everything I could within reason to sign Marcel Sabitzer from Leipzig. Maybe even £15m but I doubt he would leave a CL club for us. But he would fill Routledge's role over the past 6 years to a tee, and is far more talented and only 23. Plenty more out there, though, we just have to do the work.
Montero on 21:22 - Apr 30 with 1449 viewsNirvana

Montero on 20:47 - Apr 30 by Wingstandwood

Now I may not be the greatest fan of Leighton James what with his caustic character but he holds a rather traditionalist-view on wingers I like. He was pretty useful himself.

His opinion is? Wingers should be able to create danger for the opposition and both cross and weigh in with a few goals here and there.

Edit: Out of interest I'd love to know the combined goal tally of our wide players this season? My guess it's astronomically appalling and by far the worst season for SCFC winger goal tally in the PL?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 20:54]

Leighton was great in his day. A bit on-off as an analyst but he's got it right here.

Wingers, first and foremost, should be able to accurately cross the ball on run, and have a few tricky moves to get past people. They also should be able to consistently threaten the goal themselves, so as to open up space for others and maximize the effectiveness of their passing. Other responsibilities of course, but they have to be able to do these at minimum.

And here's that link you requested:

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/259/Show/Wales-Swansea

(edit: Routledge has all 3 goals this season)

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 21:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024