Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Clattenburg gone 20:27 - May 1 with 2991 viewsSPboy

reffed his last PL game on the weekend.

Madley
Dean
Pawson
Swarbrick
Oliver
Friend
Atkinson
Moss
Marriner
Atwell
Webb

Is Clattengurg the only ref to not screw us over in our PL history? .. or has he?
Mark Clattenburg gone on 10:39 - May 2 with 2654 viewsjackal

I like Oliver. The rest are total shit.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 11:15 - May 2 with 2620 viewsoldcob

Mark Clattenburg gone on 10:39 - May 2 by jackal

Indeed Jackal. It amazes me that one of the TV companies haven't done an "in-depth" investigation into Premier League referees. They could go back over the season, or a couple of seasons, and investigate the doubtful decisions given by individual referees, and how many went in favour of the "big boys" and how many were awarded to the less glamorous clubs.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:10 - May 2 with 2562 viewsSTID2017

Is that just the rest of this season or is that next season's list ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:25 - May 2 with 2539 viewsburnleyfan

Mark Clattenburg gone on 11:15 - May 2 by oldcob

Indeed Jackal. It amazes me that one of the TV companies haven't done an "in-depth" investigation into Premier League referees. They could go back over the season, or a couple of seasons, and investigate the doubtful decisions given by individual referees, and how many went in favour of the "big boys" and how many were awarded to the less glamorous clubs.

Burnley fan here.

I don't really buy the ref & big club mentality.

In our game against Man U at Old Trafford they had a player sent off. In our game against Arsenal at the Emirates they had a man sent off. In our game against Man City at the Etihad they had a player sent off.

So much for the conspiracy theory. Yes, we had two poor decisions against Arsenal, but they balanced themselves out against yourselves and Leicester at home.

I'll bet you've had a few favourable ones this season as well which you choose to ignore, like Llorente fouling Ben Mee for the winner a few weeks ago.

Swings and roundabouts.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:30 - May 2 with 2525 viewsSTID2017

Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:25 - May 2 by burnleyfan

Burnley fan here.

In our game against Man U at Old Trafford they had a player sent off. In our game against Arsenal at the Emirates they had a man sent off. In our game against Man City at the Etihad they had a player sent off.

So much for the conspiracy theory. Yes, we had two poor decisions against Arsenal, but they balanced themselves out against yourselves and Leicester at home.

I'll bet you've had a few favourable ones this season as well which you choose to ignore, like Llorente fouling Ben Mee for the winner a few weeks ago.

Swings and roundabouts.

I'm sure I don't know what you're alluding to
In all honesty officials make mistakes all the time.
What is totally unacceptable is when either an official cheats or a player cheats, and the fact that all of us know that we should be making the most of technology to help eliminate these "mistakes".
[Post edited 2 May 2017 12:33]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:37 - May 2 with 2509 viewsLeonWasGod

Burnley fan here.

Swings and roundabouts.

You're not in the strongest position to be talking about unfair decisions in that game

Tend to agree thought that it's not necessarily an issue of favouritism. I think it's a combination of the game being so quick, players being clever and ambiguous rules. The refs can't cope - it's something we see at all professional levels. Giving them some help with video evidence is long overdue.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:39 - May 2 with 2501 viewsburnleyfan

Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:37 - May 2 by LeonWasGod

You're not in the strongest position to be talking about unfair decisions in that game

Tend to agree thought that it's not necessarily an issue of favouritism. I think it's a combination of the game being so quick, players being clever and ambiguous rules. The refs can't cope - it's something we see at all professional levels. Giving them some help with video evidence is long overdue.

I agree the game is quicker, but in the old days Francis Lee used to dive whilst playing for Man City.

It's nothing new.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 12:41 - May 2 with 2493 viewsjack247

Burnley fan here.

Swings and roundabouts.

You had a bit of a dicey penalty in that game yourselves...

Refs still send big club players off and give penalties against them, they just tend to favour the big club with contentious decisions. Neither of the penalties against us or Middlesbrough would have been given at the other end, or for Burnley against a big team.

Refs would rather be blasted on tv by Clement or Dyche for giving a soft penalty, than by Mourinho or Guardiola for missing one. They come under much more scrutiny if they wrong them than us.
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Clattenburg gone on 13:47 - May 2 with 2433 viewsSPboy

Mark Clattenburg gone on 10:39 - May 2 by jackal

Even after that debacle v Stoke a couple of seasons back ?
Mark Clattenburg gone on 13:54 - May 2 with 2417 viewsSPboy

Burnley fan here.

Swings and roundabouts.

You make some good points but rarely have I seen referees have as many howlers against one club as us. Mike Dean every season, Anthony Taylor every game that we play., Oliver several times every game. Also I don't buy in to the 'theory' that howlers even themselves out over a season.

We have benefited from one howler this season v Chelsea. But the benefit was short-lived as the ref evened things up by letting Costa get away with a high foot for an equaliser.

Clattenburg was the best ref in the PL by some distance
Mark Clattenburg gone on 14:01 - May 2 with 2404 viewsblueytheblue

Can't remember the refs but well remember Lloris hadling yards outside the area against us at CCS.

Gerrard went in two footed first few minutes, no yellow. He was later booked, should have been off. Same game, we defended a corner. Mutch had received a ball in a tender area, another defender was down. Our physio treated the defender... without asking for treatment, the ref allowed the Liverpool physio to look at Mutch who had already got up! As a result, defender AND Mutch had to go off for the corner, leading to 9 men conceding a goal. Plus the last goal... Suarez jumped into defender and stopped looking at ref, expecting a foul to have been given. Ref waved played on, they scored.

Being fair though, refs have been sh*t at all levels. I well remember the legend that was Gurnam Singh, who one sent one of our players off for having been kicked in the face...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Mark Clattenburg gone on 14:33 - May 2 with 2356 viewsjackal

Mark Clattenburg gone on 13:47 - May 2 by SPboy

Even after that debacle v Stoke a couple of seasons back ?

The Moses penalty? Yes he got that wrong. But he's usually pretty good.

The real Stoke debacle was the 3-3 at the Liberty. .Bobby Madeley .
Mark Clattenburg gone on 15:05 - May 2 with 2309 viewsburnleyfan

Mark Clattenburg gone on 13:54 - May 2 by SPboy

You make some good points but rarely have I seen referees have as many howlers against one club as us. Mike Dean every season, Anthony Taylor every game that we play., Oliver several times every game. Also I don't buy in to the 'theory' that howlers even themselves out over a season.

We have benefited from one howler this season v Chelsea. But the benefit was short-lived as the ref evened things up by letting Costa get away with a high foot for an equaliser.

Clattenburg was the best ref in the PL by some distance

I bet supporters of every club think referees are against them. Even reading Redcafe (Man U forum) they think there is a conspiracy.

But when you look at it in the cold light of day, referees tend to be quite fair.

We got away with one against Crystal Palace on Saturday, but at the same time, George Boyd could have had a penalty at the other end.

Interestingly, Paul Clement said that the referee should have been able to make his mind up straight away regarding the penalty awarded to Man. U. However, if you saw our game, the ref, quite rightly ruled out the handballed goal by Ashley Barnes, yet he took his time over the decision, similar to the ref in your game.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 17:11 - May 2 with 2201 viewsWarwickHunt

Mark Clattenburg gone on 14:33 - May 2 by jackal

The Moses penalty? Yes he got that wrong. But he's usually pretty good.

The real Stoke debacle was the 3-3 at the Liberty. .Bobby Madeley .

Madley is beyond fûcking clueless.

Thank fück Foy has called it a day. Another clown.
Mark Clattenburg gone on 17:16 - May 2 with 2196 viewsGlyn1

A few months ago, someone posted a table of points won or lost through wrong decisions by referees. As I recall, the bigger sides had more "wrong" decisions going in their favour. Does anyone remember that?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Mark Clattenburg gone on 11:04 - May 3 with 2039 viewsSPboy

Mark Clattenburg gone on 17:16 - May 2 by Glyn1

A few months ago, someone posted a table of points won or lost through wrong decisions by referees. As I recall, the bigger sides had more "wrong" decisions going in their favour. Does anyone remember that?

Yes remember that - weren't West Ham & the Swans the teams who were costthe most points by incorrect decisions? Think it was last season though
Mark Clattenburg gone on 11:10 - May 3 with 2033 viewsLoyal

He has gone to ref abroad ?

If so he is open to even more corruption.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mark Clattenburg gone on 11:58 - May 3 with 2012 viewsjasonbromham

He was by far the best Ref in the PL. Everyone else on that list are terrible, it really is a sad state of affairs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024