Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
German football 11:18 - May 5 with 2342 viewsandypitt56

Just got back from living in Germany for a few months for work. A few weeks ago I went and watched the local team Nuremberg who play in the 2.bundesliga . I have to say absolutely fantastic stadium. 50K with 26K in attendance it was an open stadium and you could actually drink. The atmosphere was the best i have ever experienced watching football matches. The quality of football as expected was not that great, but it was a fantastic experience. I would definitely recommend going to a game. Has anyone else been to watch a game abroad, where would you recommend going?
German football on 11:26 - May 5 with 2319 viewsperchrockjack

Kyotera in Den Hague.

Looking to see if I can get to DeKuip next season

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

German football on 11:35 - May 5 with 2288 viewsstevethejack

Been to Borussia Dortmund twice v Bayern Munich & v Wolfsburg (absolutely amazing experiences - highly recommended) - Currywurst mmmmmmm & beers in your seats
Wuppertal getting promotion (Friday) in the same trip as Dortmund v Wolfsburg (Saturday) again beers in your seats 12 euro for match ticket and transport (40 miles) Amazing.

LA Galaxy v New York Red Bulls & New England Revolution v Seattle Sounders
US soccer experience improved in the 10 years between those matches

St Patrick's Athletic in Dublin on a Friday night was good

Hearts v Kilmarnock - managed to get into the manager's post match press conference and meet some of the players

Wherever I go I try to watch a game. Look at my post 'Football in Cuba', that's next on the list.
German football on 11:44 - May 5 with 2270 viewsmajorraglan

Went to the Nou Camp to s e Barcelona vs Cadiz quite a few years ago, I was very dissapointed to be honest. We were up in the gods and the players were miles away, not much of an atmosphere. Also took in a game a Real Majorca, smaller open ground with a drummer, atmosphere ok, but prefer what we have in the UK.
German football on 11:47 - May 5 with 2265 viewsandypitt56

German football on 11:44 - May 5 by majorraglan

Went to the Nou Camp to s e Barcelona vs Cadiz quite a few years ago, I was very dissapointed to be honest. We were up in the gods and the players were miles away, not much of an atmosphere. Also took in a game a Real Majorca, smaller open ground with a drummer, atmosphere ok, but prefer what we have in the UK.

Thanks for the replies I am just trying to get a few Ideas together for my stag do next year, I would like to try an incorporate a football match.
German football on 11:51 - May 5 with 2243 viewspencoedjack

German football on 11:47 - May 5 by andypitt56

Thanks for the replies I am just trying to get a few Ideas together for my stag do next year, I would like to try an incorporate a football match.

Watched Lazio Roma 3 years ago

Crazy fans although disappointed the ground was only 2/3 rds full

A game in Germany is on my list of things to do.
German football on 12:03 - May 5 with 2206 viewsLeonWasGod

Went to see Fenerbahce in their domestic cup semi-final a few years ago when I was on a work trip to Istanbul. Really calm outside of the ground, with little sign of the usual drinking around the ground. But once inside everyone went a little bit nuts. It was pretty mental and great fun. Highly recommended.

I've also stayed in a hotel in Dortmund right opposite the ground a few times, but have never managed to time a trip when they were playing - but it something I'd like to do given the chance.
German football on 12:07 - May 5 with 2200 viewsTheAlpineShrew

On a stag do to Munich last year we couldn't get tickets for Bayern, so went to see Augsburg against Eintracht Frankfurt. Terrible game, but great atmosphere. Tram from the city center to the ground was brilliant, everyone mixed in together not a cross word, and as previously mentioned beer in your seat!!
German football on 12:13 - May 5 with 2191 viewsepaul

Went to Hamburg back in 90, obviously a lot has changed since then, we ended up in the away end, can't remember who they were playing, seriously hostile but a great experience

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

German football on 15:00 - May 5 with 1970 viewssherpajacob

Saw inter play Barcelona in a dead rubber champions league group match at the San siro a few years back.

A completely uneventful 0-0, except for one period in the second half when Barca kept possession for absolutely ages.

The inter fans started whistling, and got louder and louder I thought my ears were going to bleed.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

German football on 15:20 - May 5 with 1941 viewswhiterock

Our Euro games were special, Malmo fans made for a great atmosphere
German football on 17:04 - May 5 with 1831 viewsLoyal

German football has it spot on.
Dortmund away three season back, 8 euros, train, food and match ticket.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

German football on 17:11 - May 5 with 1825 viewscontroversial_jack

German football on 17:04 - May 5 by Loyal

It's a much better experience than the EPL
German football on 17:14 - May 5 with 1824 viewsMrSwerve

Would love to watch a Bundesliga game. Seems they've got it all right for the fans. Beer in the stands, tram tickets included in the price (I think?) etc...

Isn't a Bayern season ticket something ridiculous like 100-150 quid?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

German football on 17:27 - May 5 with 1817 viewsOldjack

proper atmos

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

German football on 17:41 - May 5 with 1794 viewsLoyal

German football on 17:14 - May 5 by MrSwerve

Would love to watch a Bundesliga game. Seems they've got it all right for the fans. Beer in the stands, tram tickets included in the price (I think?) etc...

Isn't a Bayern season ticket something ridiculous like 100-150 quid?

Student tickets are 80 euros mate.
But 140 - 170 is the norm but that can get you free travel at st Pauli.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

German football on 17:49 - May 5 with 1782 viewsmarchamjack

Funnily enough in Berlin atm on a mtes 50th. Off to see Hertha v Leipzig tomorrow. 50k sell out apparently. Looking forward to it.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

German football on 19:17 - May 5 with 1699 viewsstevethejack

8 euros for all that?

Sur it wan't 30 years ago, not 3?
German football on 20:09 - May 5 with 1647 viewsDyfnant

Watched Espanyol v Real back when Beckham was playing for them. Shite game and shite atmosphere

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

German football on 03:01 - May 6 with 1483 viewsmajorraglan

German football on 17:41 - May 5 by Loyal

Student tickets are 80 euros mate.
But 140 - 170 is the norm but that can get you free travel at st Pauli.

St Pauli, going back a few years they used to have a reputation as a right bunch of nutters.
I quite fancy a Bundesliga trip to Dortmund, a mate is gong over and it should be a hoot.
German football on 05:34 - May 6 with 1457 viewsNirvana

The atmosphere at most German matches is something English football can really only dream of anymore. It's a fun and festive environment because the young and working class can afford to go, and stadiums are always packed as a result. It boils down, mostly, to the PL's overpriced tickets and catering to corporate clients. So: money.

Keep in mind, though, there are dark sides to the Germans' obsession with football that mirror the hooliganism of England in the 80s. The intense reaction to RB Leipzig would be a good example of this behavior.

But overall, Germany has it far more right than wrong here, and it should be a model the FA implements. I doubt it will happen, though, because it won't be as lucrative for the powers that be, and it's always about the bottom line for those ffukkerss.
German football on 08:03 - May 6 with 1413 viewsLoyal

German football on 19:17 - May 5 by stevethejack

8 euros for all that?

Sur it wan't 30 years ago, not 3?

I'm positive, for away games that's what many of the German sides do .....
Look after the fans ! They subsidise travel, at no money give the fans some food and a ticket.
You are only surprised because of the greed here to take your money.
Some games at BMG can be 5 euros in.
St Pauli too.

Edit 1 - 'For fans, their match tickets act as a ‘pass’ on local public transit, allowing away fans to travel into the city for free for the game and back home again. Of course, being Germany, the local transport system is well-run and efficient, meaning that it can easily cope with the influx of extra supporters using the city’s buses, trains, and trams'

Edit 2 - from Dortmund website - "Why are tickets cheap? Football is part of people's lives and we want to open the doors for all of society. We need the people, they spend their hearts, their emotions with us. They are the club's most important asset."

Ok, subsidised travel to this extent isn't always available, however pick your games carefully, do some homework, and the savings are huge. And truthfully huge.
[Post edited 6 May 2017 8:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024