Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated 13:11 - May 7 with 2828 viewsE20Jack

Regardless of what the others do, If we win the next game then the scenarios would look like this with Swansea on 38 pts:-

Hull win

Palace 38 pts
Swansea 38 pts
Hull 37pts

With us having WBA (h), Hull having Spurs (h), and Man Utd (a) then it would take a monumental screw up for us to be relegated. A draw against Spurs would not be good enough, Hull would have to beat them and we would also have to lose.

Hull draw

Palace 39 pts
Swansea 38 pts
Hull 35 pts

This essentially relegates Hull, barring a crazy last day of the season where we lose 4-0 to WBA and they beat Spurs 4-0.

Hull lose

Palace 41 pts
Swansea 38 pts
Hull 34 pts

Obviously spells the end of the drama.

So I hope we do the cliche and treat this as THE Cup final.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:13 - May 7 with 2378 viewsjackjackjackjack

Hull will beat Palace, and we'll draw, or lose, at Sunderland.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:38 - May 7 with 2274 viewsE20Jack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:13 - May 7 by jackjackjackjack

Thats a shame.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:39 - May 7 with 2268 viewstrampie

In the first example you say 'Hull would have to beat them and we would also have to lose' not necessarily, Hull win and Swans draw then Swans could go down if Palace get something against Man Utd, Swans could go down on 39pts in this scenario, with Swans finishing the season on a 5 match unbeaten run winning 3 of them but still get relegated, Swans beating Stoke, drawing against Man U then beating Everton and Sunderland and then drawing against WBA could all be in vain, it would be unlikely that we go down on 39 pts but possible .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:44 - May 7 with 2252 viewsE20Jack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:39 - May 7 by trampie

In the first example you say 'Hull would have to beat them and we would also have to lose' not necessarily, Hull win and Swans draw then Swans could go down if Palace get something against Man Utd, Swans could go down on 39pts in this scenario, with Swans finishing the season on a 5 match unbeaten run winning 3 of them but still get relegated, Swans beating Stoke, drawing against Man U then beating Everton and Sunderland and then drawing against WBA could all be in vain, it would be unlikely that we go down on 39 pts but possible .

Yes you are right, my mistake. Good spot.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:50 - May 7 with 2227 viewsjackjackjackjack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:38 - May 7 by E20Jack

Thats a shame.

Yes, it going to be miserable on here next weekend.

Palace have lost the last 3, and have been playing pretty dire. Hull have dipped but had numerous chances yesterday. With a reaction from the Sunderland defeat they'll play well enough to beat Palace. 3 points for Hull.

We've come out of our dip and have got some good results, but we've scored more than 1 goal once in the last 9 games; free-scoring we are not. Sunderland have no pressure, and the crowd will have a party atmosphere, they will score. Hopefully they won't score 2. I'd go 1-1. 1 point for us.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:12 - May 7 with 2150 viewsSmellyplumz

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:50 - May 7 by jackjackjackjack

Palace have lost the last 3, and have been playing pretty dire. Hull have dipped but had numerous chances yesterday. With a reaction from the Sunderland defeat they'll play well enough to beat Palace. 3 points for Hull.

We've come out of our dip and have got some good results, but we've scored more than 1 goal once in the last 9 games; free-scoring we are not. Sunderland have no pressure, and the crowd will have a party atmosphere, they will score. Hopefully they won't score 2. I'd go 1-1. 1 point for us.

Not having that... We are on a surge of confidence, Hull are staring into the abyss we will win next Saturday and go from strength to strength.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:13 - May 7 with 2144 viewsWxmJax

It wouldn't be very difficult for us still to go down, not in a million years.

Hull more than capable of winning next two games and Palace only have to then match our result on the last day.

In case you didn't know, Palace are playing at OT which hasn't exactly been a fortress this season and they've already won at Liverpool and Chelsea. Man Utd may also have a cup final a few days later so I think that Palace will get something there. My boss is also going, he's been 7 times this year and is yet to see them win.

Not sure where you get this 4-0, 0-4 from either. The difference is 5 goals, that may increase next week or it could decrease. Spurs lost 5-1 against Newcastle in the final game of last season. They'll be on the beach by the time they play Hull who until yesterday had the best home record in the division since February, it's something like won 7 drawn 1 so 5-1 and 0-2 and we are down.

We win next week and Palace win against Hull, nothing else is acceptable.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:15 - May 7 with 2134 viewsraynor94

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:13 - May 7 by jackjackjackjack

Try and stay away from sharp objects

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:15 - May 7 with 2134 viewsjackjackjackjack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:12 - May 7 by Smellyplumz

Not having that... We are on a surge of confidence, Hull are staring into the abyss we will win next Saturday and go from strength to strength.

The last time we won away was Liverpool in January. Recently we've lost 1-0 against Watford and a dire West Ham. Man Utd was good though.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:45 - May 7 with 2051 viewsBorojack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 13:50 - May 7 by jackjackjackjack

Party atmosphere after a relegation are the Machems all on happy pills then.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:54 - May 7 with 2018 viewsPegojack

I don't think Hull will beat Palace, as long as we get at least a point to keep them in the mix.

Fat Sam will be kicking arses all this week and they'll be a totally different proposition to the feeble team who were spanked yesterday. The home crowd will turn the place into a cauldron, and that Hull defense looks dodgy to me. I think Saha, Benteke and Townsend will be firing on all cylinders.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 15:01 - May 7 with 1995 viewsWhiterockin

We will win at Sunderland.

Yesterday Sunderland had the normal post relegation bounce with the pressure off. Next week they will be back to normal. We have momentum and know if we can get a win on Saturday both Hull and Palace will be under pressure on Sunday. Palace are at home and will be smarting from the 5-0 defeat yesterday and they will know they need to win to stay up.

They will beat Hull and next Sunday the week long party will start.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 15:09 - May 7 with 1961 viewstomdickharry

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:54 - May 7 by Pegojack

I don't think Hull will beat Palace, as long as we get at least a point to keep them in the mix.

Fat Sam will be kicking arses all this week and they'll be a totally different proposition to the feeble team who were spanked yesterday. The home crowd will turn the place into a cauldron, and that Hull defense looks dodgy to me. I think Saha, Benteke and Townsend will be firing on all cylinders.

Couldn't agree more,throw in as well that we are going to have plenty of room to play our game at Sunderland as highly likely we will not be faced by a team playing for a point.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 15:10 - May 7 with 1952 viewsBloodyhills

Palace will beat Hull.

We'll beat or draw with Sunderland.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 15:47 - May 7 with 1834 viewsSmellyplumz

Nice position to be in innit.... Gunna lie down now all this positivity is making me feel dizzy.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 16:01 - May 7 with 1792 views34dfgdf54

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 15:01 - May 7 by Whiterockin

Yesterday Sunderland had the normal post relegation bounce with the pressure off. Next week they will be back to normal. We have momentum and know if we can get a win on Saturday both Hull and Palace will be under pressure on Sunday. Palace are at home and will be smarting from the 5-0 defeat yesterday and they will know they need to win to stay up.

I watched the game, both teams were really, really poor. Only standout player was Robertson of Hull.

I fancy us to do a job at Sunderland, we do need to be better going forward though.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 16:04 - May 7 with 1779 viewsSmellyplumz

Still pinching myself regards yesterday! Can't believe Hull lost! First time in weeks I can see us pulling this off by God.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 16:19 - May 7 with 1737 viewsE20Jack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:13 - May 7 by WxmJax

It wouldn't be very difficult for us still to go down, not in a million years.

Hull more than capable of winning next two games and Palace only have to then match our result on the last day.

In case you didn't know, Palace are playing at OT which hasn't exactly been a fortress this season and they've already won at Liverpool and Chelsea. Man Utd may also have a cup final a few days later so I think that Palace will get something there. My boss is also going, he's been 7 times this year and is yet to see them win.

Not sure where you get this 4-0, 0-4 from either. The difference is 5 goals, that may increase next week or it could decrease. Spurs lost 5-1 against Newcastle in the final game of last season. They'll be on the beach by the time they play Hull who until yesterday had the best home record in the division since February, it's something like won 7 drawn 1 so 5-1 and 0-2 and we are down.

We win next week and Palace win against Hull, nothing else is acceptable.

Of course it will be, what you have just described there is a 100-1 shot.

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 16:23 - May 7 with 1708 viewspencoedjack

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 14:45 - May 7 by Borojack

Party atmosphere after a relegation are the Machems all on happy pills then.

My thoughts as well

I certainly wouldn't be in party mood last home game of the season if we had been as shite as Sunderland
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 23:17 - May 7 with 1366 viewsmahoss

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 15:01 - May 7 by Whiterockin

I agree
We will beat Sunderland and can't see Hull getting a win at Palace after the result yesterday.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 00:55 - May 8 with 1259 viewsnierika

Just get the 3 pts at Sunderland.

If Hull loses, we're automatically safe.

If Hull draws Palace, we will have increased our goal differenial to at least 6 with a 3pt lead in the table which will be almost impossible to overcome on the final day.

If Hull wins, we will still have a 1pt lead and they will have to defeat Tottenham and us lose or draw to West Brom.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 00:59 - May 8 with 1251 viewsnierika

I think Palace will be very motivated to get a result and will put the Man City loss behind them. Hull has been awful away recently.
Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 05:02 - May 8 with 1143 viewsSwanseaman

"Palace are at home and will be smarting from the 5-0 defeat yesterday and they will know they need to win to stay up. "

That's right, Palace need to win against Hull, it's their must win game, they can't rely on anything against ManU.

Nothing is for certain though and we need to go all out and get the win at Sunderland. Not quite a derby match but Hull and Sunderland was a grudge match, so Sunderland may be not as fired up against us. Never know though, the pressure is off them so just how well they play we will have to be ready for.

We have more than a good chance if the team is as up for it as they have been lately, and if we take a load of the Jack Army up it will make a big difference...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/194580
[Post edited 8 May 2017 5:09]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 05:59 - May 8 with 1115 viewsSwansNZ

F*ck a point, I want 3

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Win at Sunderland - would leave it very hard to get relegated on 07:23 - May 8 with 983 viewsNick_Chan

We could actually get no more points and be safe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024