Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olsson & Carroll 18:10 - May 7 with 2953 viewsrock1n

Fantastic signings those two, when Clement has had the summer to add a few further additions then I feel we could have quite a tidy team on our hands.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Olsson & Carroll on 18:12 - May 7 with 2941 viewsQuincy999

"When Huw has had the summer to add a few further additions" I think you mean.
Olsson & Carroll on 18:19 - May 7 with 2908 viewsFlashberryjack

Both are average players, few PL teams they'd hold down a place.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Olsson & Carroll on 18:26 - May 7 with 2877 viewsJack_Meoff

Olsson & Carroll on 18:19 - May 7 by Flashberryjack

Bit harsh mate? They're linking up nicely down the left side. Llorente's goal against Liverpool was made by their interplay.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Olsson & Carroll on 18:34 - May 7 with 2833 viewscaerleon_jack

Olsson & Carroll on 18:19 - May 7 by Flashberryjack

'Average' players they may be, but apart from 5/6 teams the league is full of 'average' players...and our club over the last decade has been built upon 'average' players with a sprinkling of quality amongst them. Would Carroll and Olsen get into other PL teams? I dare say some clubs would have them, but it's not as if we're looking at every other left back in the league and wishing we had them instead of Olsen or left-sided midfielders that are streets ahead of Carroll.

Makes you wonder what players we could attract and afford who would be better?

Insert something witty here

Olsson & Carroll on 18:37 - May 7 with 2816 viewsNeath_Jack

Olsson & Carroll on 18:34 - May 7 by caerleon_jack

'Average' players they may be, but apart from 5/6 teams the league is full of 'average' players...and our club over the last decade has been built upon 'average' players with a sprinkling of quality amongst them. Would Carroll and Olsen get into other PL teams? I dare say some clubs would have them, but it's not as if we're looking at every other left back in the league and wishing we had them instead of Olsen or left-sided midfielders that are streets ahead of Carroll.

Great response that, spot on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Olsson & Carroll on 18:40 - May 7 with 2798 viewsjack247

They have both been a great fit for us. Ayew is proving his worth now as well.

We are only looking to stay in the PL at the moment. Average PL players should be capable of delivering that
Olsson & Carroll on 18:40 - May 7 with 2794 viewsraynor94

Olsson & Carroll on 18:34 - May 7 by caerleon_jack

Hear hear

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Olsson & Carroll on 18:49 - May 7 with 2752 viewsDr_Winston

Give us a squad full of average Premier League players but an above average Premier League manager and most fans would be more than happy.

We've seen time and time again that a decent boss can make a thoroughly decent team out of average players whilst a bad manager can sink one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Olsson & Carroll on 18:53 - May 7 with 2727 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Olsson & Carroll on 18:49 - May 7 by Dr_Winston

Give us a squad full of average Premier League players but an above average Premier League manager and most fans would be more than happy.

We've seen time and time again that a decent boss can make a thoroughly decent team out of average players whilst a bad manager can sink one.

Yes we all know that a well organised Team can play above the sum of their individual players.
Olsson & Carroll on 19:03 - May 7 with 2666 viewsicecoldjack

Olsson has been superb, Carroll for me has room to improve , gives the ball away far too cheaply,having said that I don't think there's a better prospect in the premier league with a sweeter left foot cross.

Some of his crosses are truly world class ,he needs to work on other aspects though.
Olsson & Carroll on 19:18 - May 7 with 2589 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Olsson & Carroll on 18:40 - May 7 by jack247

They have both been a great fit for us. Ayew is proving his worth now as well.

We are only looking to stay in the PL at the moment. Average PL players should be capable of delivering that

Ayew really has stepped up to the plate lately. One of the best players on the pitch yesterday.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Olsson & Carroll on 19:28 - May 7 with 2530 viewsQuincy999

Olsson & Carroll on 19:18 - May 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Ayew really has stepped up to the plate lately. One of the best players on the pitch yesterday.

Ayew has got talent dripping out of him, i just wish he had a bit more of a killer instinct.
Olsson & Carroll on 19:28 - May 7 with 2527 viewstomdickharry

No question that the subjects of the thread have settled down well in the PL and can/will only improve,provided we remain in the League Mr Clement will no doubt have funds to spend in the window with I would think the aim of introducing a little bit of higher quality into the squad without losing anybody of significance like Siggy.
Olsson & Carroll on 19:30 - May 7 with 2518 viewsunion_jack

Olsson & Carroll on 18:12 - May 7 by Quincy999

Or worse still, a few more withdrawals!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Olsson & Carroll on 20:00 - May 7 with 2399 viewsLeonWasGod

They're good, not exceptional, but good in an organised team where everyone knows what they're doing. Our players were good enough to stay up all along, but it's taken a decent manager to get them working as a unit.

Put Olsson and Carroll in Bob's team and they'd look as shaky as everyone else did.

Olsson is an upgrade (on all our FBs - I'd argue he's our best now by some distance). And Carroll is tidy, a bundle of energy and technically decent. Can't ask much more than that really for the money. Huw's done good on those (and Mawson).
Olsson & Carroll on 20:16 - May 7 with 2334 viewsoldcob

Olsson give his all yesterday. At 75 minutes he was sweating like a blind lesbian in a fishmongers.
Olsson & Carroll on 20:16 - May 7 with 2330 viewsBorojack

Olsson & Carroll on 20:00 - May 7 by LeonWasGod

They're good, not exceptional, but good in an organised team where everyone knows what they're doing. Our players were good enough to stay up all along, but it's taken a decent manager to get them working as a unit.

Put Olsson and Carroll in Bob's team and they'd look as shaky as everyone else did.

Olsson is an upgrade (on all our FBs - I'd argue he's our best now by some distance). And Carroll is tidy, a bundle of energy and technically decent. Can't ask much more than that really for the money. Huw's done good on those (and Mawson).

And Llorente Narsingh is ok as well.
Baston a major fukc up though

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Olsson & Carroll on 20:19 - May 7 with 2313 viewsjack247

Olsson & Carroll on 20:16 - May 7 by Borojack

And Llorente Narsingh is ok as well.
Baston a major fukc up though

Not convinced by Narsingh. All pace and aggressive running, but seems very naive. Very similar to Barrow. Then again, I would have told you I'm not fussed on Ayew a few weeks ago and he has made me eat my words
Olsson & Carroll on 06:30 - May 8 with 1865 viewssomersetsimon

Olsson & Carroll on 20:19 - May 7 by jack247

Not convinced by Narsingh. All pace and aggressive running, but seems very naive. Very similar to Barrow. Then again, I would have told you I'm not fussed on Ayew a few weeks ago and he has made me eat my words

Is Narsingh unfit or has Clement just lost confidence in him for the last few games?
Olsson & Carroll on 06:39 - May 8 with 1847 viewsjack247

Olsson & Carroll on 06:30 - May 8 by somersetsimon

Is Narsingh unfit or has Clement just lost confidence in him for the last few games?

I'd imagine Clement has looked at him and realised he is similar to Barrow. Explosive pace and direct running, but awful off the ball. Good to have a player like that on the bench but I wouldn't start him.
Olsson & Carroll on 06:53 - May 8 with 1833 viewsE20Jack

Surprised you haven't added Ayew to that list who is arguably the pick of all of them. He has been superb.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Olsson & Carroll on 06:59 - May 8 with 1779 viewssomersetsimon

How well would do you think Clement would do next season if we didn't change the squad at all? I think we could still be mid table.
Olsson & Carroll on 07:07 - May 8 with 1750 viewsJFSwan

Olsson, Carroll and Ayew have all become first team names and have improved our chances of staying up significantly. Especially the lift ( and goals) that Olsson gave in comparison to Taylor.

When Llorente was injured and Ayew played upfront on his own for 2-3 games he didnt like it at all, I actually thought this was Borja's chance. Changing to a diamond has brought the best out of Ayew.

Carroll is technically excellent and a much more rounded player than the one we had on loan
Olsson & Carroll on 07:12 - May 8 with 1728 viewsDr_Winston

Olsson & Carroll on 06:59 - May 8 by somersetsimon

How well would do you think Clement would do next season if we didn't change the squad at all? I think we could still be mid table.

If we're going to keep playing the same style we'll need to swap out Baston for another Llorente type. We'd be royally f*cked right now if he was still out injured.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Olsson & Carroll on 07:24 - May 8 with 1683 viewswaynekerr55

Olsson & Carroll on 18:12 - May 7 by Quincy999

Let's hope the Americans see sense and sack the cūnt...I won't hold my breath though 😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024