Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters 08:52 - May 9 with 26953 viewsNirvana

Granted there aren't that many dumb enough to do it, but to everyone who knocks Siggy week after week (or at all) I offer you an open invite.

Since he is so bad and "jaded" or whatever and we should be happy to sell him, please list a few credible names you think would make better options for us if we stay up.

So far all I've seen from the usual anti-Siggy trolls are Adama Traore, Izzy Brown and Bojan. Thoroughly disappointing list of replacements for someone of Siggy's class and quality.

Not to mention they have a TOTAL of 4 goals, 1 assist in 45 top-flight games this season. That's not going to cut it, and production like that will have us relegated next season.

Anyone else got any names?
[Post edited 9 May 2017 8:53]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 08:54 - May 9 with 6476 viewsKGriz16

Adama Traore?!?!?!?!?!?!? wtf.

He's definitely gone in the Summer. I love Gylfi, would love for him to be a one club man, but he's going to Everton or Tottenham I think. Shame.

But, I'll give you a name - Joe Allen.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 8:55]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 08:59 - May 9 with 6451 viewsSwansNZ

Huw will not waste money on that lot. Not when we already have Ayew, Fer and Ki as more than capable replacements.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:06 - May 9 with 6412 viewsmonmouth

Both he, and the club's money men (hell. that is the club now, isn't it), will want to cash in on his current media profile in the summer whatever happens.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:07 - May 9 with 6412 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 08:54 - May 9 by KGriz16

He's definitely gone in the Summer. I love Gylfi, would love for him to be a one club man, but he's going to Everton or Tottenham I think. Shame.

Yeah, Brynmil would enthusiastically swap Siggy "straight up" for Traore. Ffukkingg clueless.

I sadly agree with you about Siggy leaving, but I hold out hope The Americans can somehow talk him into staying ($$$). They need to invest in the squad, it's that simple, and I think Siggy is well aware of that. If they do, he stays. If not, he's gone, unfortunately.

But I like your name and Allen is pure class. Would love to have him in the XI. How much would he cost, though? Has been superb for Stoke this season, doubt they'd be giving us a bargain.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:09 - May 9 with 6404 viewsmagicdaps10

I believe regardless of what league we are in that he is gone. As for replacements.

Ryad Boudebouz
Hakim Ziyech
Nabil Fekir
Valentin Eysseric

Another excellent player who i have always liked, more of a central midfielder.....Kevin Kampl.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:16 - May 9 with 6380 viewsNeath_Jack

Siggy Haters?

Grown men mind.

I hate you, you're not my friend anymore and i'm taking my ball home.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:21 - May 9 with 6366 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:06 - May 9 by monmouth

Both he, and the club's money men (hell. that is the club now, isn't it), will want to cash in on his current media profile in the summer whatever happens.

That's a fair point, Monmouth, and I agree with you.

But wouldn't the smarter business plan be to keep Siggy, invest a little on some good players, and raise the club's profile through sustained success on the pitch?

The Americans aren't Huw and The Gang, and will hopefully bring more business acumen to the table. Having said that, I won't be holding my breath on the "next level" stuff.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:25 - May 9 with 6342 viewsSTID2017

I know he's one of our own but Joe Allen isn't fit to lace Siggy's boots.
The contribution Siggy makes to our team is there for all to see.
Allen never gave us that when he was with us, nor has he done it for Liverpool, Stoke or Wales.
Great player is Joey and I'd welcome him back alongside Siggy, but not in place of him sorry.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:26 - May 9 with 6333 viewspencoedjack

As much as I'd love to have Joey back he is no replacement for Gylfi
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:28 - May 9 with 6317 viewsmonmouth

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:21 - May 9 by Nirvana

That's a fair point, Monmouth, and I agree with you.

But wouldn't the smarter business plan be to keep Siggy, invest a little on some good players, and raise the club's profile through sustained success on the pitch?

The Americans aren't Huw and The Gang, and will hopefully bring more business acumen to the table. Having said that, I won't be holding my breath on the "next level" stuff.

The accounts are a final and fitting testament to Roofing & Vending Ltds business acumen.

I think, like Williams, Bony, Allen, Sinclair, if he wants to go, he'll be gone. And with the current hype around him he'll want to go.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:29 - May 9 with 6312 viewsSTID2017

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:07 - May 9 by Nirvana

Yeah, Brynmil would enthusiastically swap Siggy "straight up" for Traore. Ffukkingg clueless.

I sadly agree with you about Siggy leaving, but I hold out hope The Americans can somehow talk him into staying ($$$). They need to invest in the squad, it's that simple, and I think Siggy is well aware of that. If they do, he stays. If not, he's gone, unfortunately.

But I like your name and Allen is pure class. Would love to have him in the XI. How much would he cost, though? Has been superb for Stoke this season, doubt they'd be giving us a bargain.

Superb this season ?
Six goals and two assists ?
Based on that, we'd be sunk if we'd swapped him for Siggy last summer

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:32 - May 9 with 6296 viewsTom1912

If we stay up, no one will have made a bigger contribution than Siggy.

How anyone can be a hater is beyond me
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:33 - May 9 with 6285 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:09 - May 9 by magicdaps10

I believe regardless of what league we are in that he is gone. As for replacements.

Ryad Boudebouz
Hakim Ziyech
Nabil Fekir
Valentin Eysseric

Another excellent player who i have always liked, more of a central midfielder.....Kevin Kampl.

Good list Magic Daps but are any of those players attainable? Can't see any of them coming here to be honest. Which makes Siggy staying all that more important, because other players would be more willing to come.

Three players I think would be perfect for us are:
Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig)
Nadiem Amiri (Hoffenheim)
Sandro (Malaga)

All are rumoured to be on the move this summer, and we should doing everything we can to sign them. It would be difficult but this is the caliber of player we should be acquiring.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:37 - May 9 with 6261 viewsFireboy

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:32 - May 9 by Tom1912

If we stay up, no one will have made a bigger contribution than Siggy.

How anyone can be a hater is beyond me

This ^

And we will desperately need him next season if we stay up
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:43 - May 9 with 6236 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:29 - May 9 by STID2017

Superb this season ?
Six goals and two assists ?
Based on that, we'd be sunk if we'd swapped him for Siggy last summer

Yes, Allen has been superb this season, just the type of all-energy+craft midfielder we have been badly missing and had to rectify by signing Carroll in January.

But no, I would not want to swap Siggy for Joe in a million years. That was my point. Allen would probably cost near Siggy's level, and wouldn't bring us anywhere close to the same production.

I'm a fan of putting them in the same XI, though.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:45 - May 9 with 6223 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:16 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

Siggy Haters?

Grown men mind.

I hate you, you're not my friend anymore and i'm taking my ball home.

Well, you tried.

Move along.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 10:19 - May 9 with 6135 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:28 - May 9 by monmouth

The accounts are a final and fitting testament to Roofing & Vending Ltds business acumen.

I think, like Williams, Bony, Allen, Sinclair, if he wants to go, he'll be gone. And with the current hype around him he'll want to go.

It's a fair point. And in Siggy's best interest, too.

I hope he doesn't leave but I will understand why if he chooses to.

"Roofing & Vending Ltd" pretty much sums it up.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 11:33 - May 9 with 6067 viewsSPboy

It will be impossible to replace Siggy with one player who can do what he can.

He has assisted-scored HALF of our goals this season. It's alright saying we can get 3,4,5 players for what we will get for him but you can only put 1 player on the pitch instead of him.

Sell Baston, Ki, Montero, Routledge, Dyer, vdH, but keep Siggy at almost any cost. He is up there with the top performers in the league in a p poor squad. He is ours and we should do everything possible to keep him
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 12:02 - May 9 with 6009 viewsMrSwerve

I'm sick of all this 'player power' BS...we've got Gylfi contracted until what, 2020? If we wants out this summer, we tell him no. He's hardly going to play sh*t until we've sold him. He's integral to our survival next year (if we stay up this season)...we need to keep him here at all costs. Even if we offer him a better contract in the summer to keep him quiet.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 12:03]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 12:17 - May 9 with 5965 viewsdameedna

Keep siggy but i fear he has gone
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 12:55 - May 9 with 5899 viewstomdickharry

There is no shadow of doubt in my mind that if we stay up Mr Clement will have a greater influence on comings and goings than any of our more recent Managers,his own personal stock will be high and our owners are not fools and will know that the club has a Manager of some worth.Mr Clement knows the continental market and he himself will not want to go through another relegation battle,consequently,feel Siggy will remain, aided by assurances that the squad will be strengthened and dead wood sold/paid off.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 13:28 - May 9 with 5846 viewsTom1912

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 12:17 - May 9 by dameedna

Keep siggy but i fear he has gone

There is no chance he will be a Swansea player next season.

He is clearly better than this level-someone will offer £25m and we'll take it.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 13:34 - May 9 with 5821 viewsDafyddHuw

Gylfi kept us up last season too.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 14:08 - May 9 with 5799 viewsperchrockjack

I ll explain

Haters ,as such, are simply defending their Internet Billy bollux reputation.

They re the ones who, if they don't like a player for some reason hammer him no matter what, at every time

I've hated what FF has done many times but ,as of late, he s upped his game, no doubted aided by the incredible prospect we have in Mawson.

Only players I've hated, for what it's worth

1. Joe Jordan

2. Alan Clarke

3. Lesley

4 Barton

5. Terry

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 14:31 - May 9 with 5751 viewsLoyal

Haters isn't even a word, and Siggy ?
I've never heard anyone state any hate for Gylfi if that's the point of this thread.
[Post edited 9 May 2017 14:31]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024