Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parc Tawe makeover 12:09 - May 11 with 4645 viewsLord_Bony

Down there this morning. 15 million face lift...going to look great from the outside,but I'm still wondering will they fill those units or not.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/how-new-parc-tawe-look-12661970

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Parc Tawe makeover on 13:37 - May 11 with 2780 viewsdickythorpe

I do hope Plantasia stays open.
Dinky Donuts still going?
Parc Tawe makeover on 14:56 - May 11 with 2725 viewswaynekerr55

So they're just sticking some cladding over the buildings?

What's the incentives for business to locate there?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Parc Tawe makeover on 15:41 - May 11 with 2667 viewsLeonWasGod

Parc Tawe makeover on 14:56 - May 11 by waynekerr55

So they're just sticking some cladding over the buildings?

What's the incentives for business to locate there?

More cladding, obviously

Fair point. Maybe not looking like Beirut will help a bit - there always seems to be a full car park on the other side of the road which is a bit smarter.

They could do with a decent store to come in and then others may follow. I can see it being a very hard sell though.
Parc Tawe makeover on 15:58 - May 11 with 2633 viewsSPboy

Can't see it taking off there unless another Aldi or Lidl move there to increase the footfall. It's an eyesore & should have been demolished along with Plantasia.

What is the point in building an out-of-town type shopping centre on the edge of the town when the town is already full of charity shops ?
Parc Tawe makeover on 16:53 - May 11 with 2574 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea council didn't want them to do it. Swansea council will do nothing to help.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Parc Tawe makeover on 16:58 - May 11 with 2562 viewsraynor94

Should have been demolished, what a waste of money again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:16 - May 11 with 2534 viewsBanosswan

Parc Tawe makeover on 16:58 - May 11 by raynor94

Should have been demolished, what a waste of money again

The developers/owners are paying for it. Swansea council put a load of planning restrictions with regards to selling stuff like DVD's, but Hammerson? took it to the Welsh assembly who removed the restrictions.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 17:17]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:17 - May 11 with 2527 viewsbuilthjack

Where did they ship those women in from? ..

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:27 - May 11 with 2510 viewsraynor94

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:16 - May 11 by Banosswan

The developers/owners are paying for it. Swansea council put a load of planning restrictions with regards to selling stuff like DVD's, but Hammerson? took it to the Welsh assembly who removed the restrictions.
[Post edited 11 May 2017 17:17]

Well at least they are wasting their own money then

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:51 - May 11 with 2461 viewspikeypaul

In the OP picture how is there no fat, obese people waddling around?

Also no one over 35 are oldies to be banned?

Every time I go into the city centre all I see is over weight people walking
whilst stuffing their faces,
[Post edited 11 May 2017 17:53]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:31 - May 11 with 2394 viewsClinton

Parc Tawe makeover on 16:53 - May 11 by Dr_Winston

Swansea council didn't want them to do it. Swansea council will do nothing to help.

Did the council have other plans or proposals, do you know ?
Presumably new paving stones? The standard 'regeneration' solution from the boys at County Hall.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:32 - May 11 with 2390 viewsJackfath

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:51 - May 11 by pikeypaul

Highest %age of limps per capita in the U.K. Too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:36 - May 11 with 2380 viewsLeonWasGod

Parc Tawe makeover on 17:51 - May 11 by pikeypaul

And they've spelt Currys wrong. Farkin half wits.
Parc Tawe makeover on 18:41 - May 11 with 2370 viewsPrivate_Partz

A bang average out of town shopping centre. No different to what is there already but if will no longer be undercover.
We are trying to develope a more compact City Centre and this will do nothing to help that. It will do the opposite.
The old businesses failed and this will do the same.
Swansea City Council restrictions Overruled by WAG? What did our councillors say about it? I remember the Prince of Darkness not being happy. Did Messers James and Hedges do or say anything about it?
The good thing is the Private Sector will pick up the tab for this but it will still be an inevitable eyesore for those approaching lthe City Centre.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:43 - May 11 with 2364 viewsJackfath

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:41 - May 11 by Private_Partz

A bang average out of town shopping centre. No different to what is there already but if will no longer be undercover.
We are trying to develope a more compact City Centre and this will do nothing to help that. It will do the opposite.
The old businesses failed and this will do the same.
Swansea City Council restrictions Overruled by WAG? What did our councillors say about it? I remember the Prince of Darkness not being happy. Did Messers James and Hedges do or say anything about it?
The good thing is the Private Sector will pick up the tab for this but it will still be an inevitable eyesore for those approaching lthe City Centre.

Plantasia is no eye sore! It's a magnificent glass pyramid chokka full of delightful plants which any city would be proud of!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:50 - May 11 with 2350 viewsPrivate_Partz

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:43 - May 11 by Jackfath

Plantasia is no eye sore! It's a magnificent glass pyramid chokka full of delightful plants which any city would be proud of!

OK, an eyesore surrounding Plantasia and, due to Tory austerity, this is likely to close along with our leisure centres, museums and libraries.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:53 - May 11 with 2340 viewsexiledclaseboy

So part of Swansea is getting a makeover and those who complain that nothing ever happens in Swansea are complaining. I don't get it?

Poll: Tory leader

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:01 - May 11 with 2321 viewsjack2jack

Let's be honest it needed a makeover which is essentially what it's getting,my only concern is what affect is is going to have on the city centre,which is dying on its feet.
Many people park there as it free and go into town,I assume that there will be restrictions on parking when its open,there will probably be exit entry cameras, which will book people for overstaying,could this be a further nail in the town centres coffin,especially as there are limited restrictions on the type of retail outlet allowed to trade from there,yes you could say it will attract extra people to the area,but not to town,what with the limited parking restrictions,the jury is out for me,let's hope it is the start of something good for Swansea,because it glossy well needs it.
Parc Tawe makeover on 19:04 - May 11 with 2318 viewsperchrockjack

But today we saw a post eulogising over Wales

I'm confused

It's not poverty stricken and depressed at all.

It was nirvana this morning

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:06 - May 11 with 2317 viewsPrivate_Partz

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:53 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

So part of Swansea is getting a makeover and those who complain that nothing ever happens in Swansea are complaining. I don't get it?

The City Centre is too spreadout. We need a more compact shopping area with large Department Stores and smaller private units offering a different shopping experience from the bog standard out of town malls. ST Davids failed as it was done on the cheap. It should have been incorporated into The Quadrant to make a much larger undercover shopping area. Part Tawe failed because it was competeing with Morfa Parc and Trostre. It only served to drag shoppers away from the City Centre before the novelty factor wore off.
Now we are attempting to revamp the same but cost cutting so that it is not even an undercover environment.
Investment is needed but it needs to be part of the larger plan.
This is due to crash and burn and will only distract from the current efforts to improve the City Centre and unfortunately WAG has had its grubby paws on it again.

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:16 - May 11 with 2288 viewsraynor94

Parc Tawe makeover on 18:36 - May 11 by LeonWasGod

And they've spelt Currys wrong. Farkin half wits.

Whooosh!

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:21 - May 11 with 2268 viewsLeonWasGod

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:16 - May 11 by raynor94

Whooosh!

It's important mun. Kids need to see proper spelling on the internet otherwise they'll end up like Perchie
Parc Tawe makeover on 19:50 - May 11 with 2221 viewsjack247

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:04 - May 11 by perchrockjack

But today we saw a post eulogising over Wales

I'm confused

It's not poverty stricken and depressed at all.

It was nirvana this morning

There is not a city in Britain that doesn't have a sub par mini retail park like Parc Tawe. It's hardly a flag bearer for poverty and depression is it?
Parc Tawe makeover on 19:57 - May 11 with 2198 viewsBanosswan

There'll be less parking as a Costa drive thru is going there.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Parc Tawe makeover on 20:01 - May 11 with 2184 viewsLord_Bony

Parc Tawe makeover on 19:57 - May 11 by Banosswan

There'll be less parking as a Costa drive thru is going there.

That's a good move by Costa considering the volume of cars that pass through the place.

I just hope the council makes them keep the free parking.

It will be worth grabbing a macchiato and pulling over just to spend a while checking out the hot women in abundance that we are promised are going to frequent the place once it's reopened.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024