Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could be so kind... 20:02 - May 11 with 794 viewsEbo

I don't normally post these things but, hear me out.

A good friend of mine passed away suddenly last week - Kevin Garcia of the band Grandaddy.

He just came back from a European tour and was fine and was back in Modesto living a normal life with his wife and kids, when he suddenly suffered a massive stroke. He never recovered and passed away the next day. He was only 41 and wasn't a big drinker and never touched drugs either.

It has shocked and saddened so many people who either knew him or loved his music. A really gentle chap who always had time for everyone and I'll cherish forever the time we spent together only a few weeks ago.

Why am I posting this? Well there is a go fund me page set up to help his family with medical costs and his funeral expenses plus to help the family in the short term too. It's ticked over 50k so far with a target set of 75k.

If you feel like giving then please do no matter how small you can donate, it all helps.

Thanks

https://www.gofundme.com/friends-of-kevin-garcia
[Post edited 11 May 2017 20:10]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

If you could be so kind... on 20:06 - May 11 with 776 viewsLoyal

Great band grandaddy.
Sometimes as in Kevin's case it's in your DNA.

The band never made a lot of money but they did play with integrity and had a very loyal following. I'm pleased you knew him, never had the pleasure. A unique and underestimated band for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If you could be so kind... on 20:13 - May 11 with 749 viewsEbo

If you could be so kind... on 20:06 - May 11 by Loyal

Great band grandaddy.
Sometimes as in Kevin's case it's in your DNA.

The band never made a lot of money but they did play with integrity and had a very loyal following. I'm pleased you knew him, never had the pleasure. A unique and underestimated band for sure.

Yeah the whole band are pretty much in bits at the moment. I've spoken to Jason and Aaron as I've been setting a few things up for them so that people can upload high res images of Kevin and his parents can print them off.

They are one of those bands that influenced bands that made it a lot bigger than them. Coldplay and Elbow supported them in America in the early days and look what happened to them. A lot of it down to V2 records and the shitty deal they got. They'd come off tour broke.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024