Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson 14:30 - May 12 with 3497 viewsLandore_Jack

Everton want to sign Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson in the summer, according to Sky sources.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10874092/everton-want-to-sign-gylfi

#backtojack

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 14:31 - May 12 with 2596 viewsicecoldjack

Well they've given us the required 3 pts so i guess they're in the driving seat !
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 15:57 - May 12 with 2438 viewsLoyal

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 14:31 - May 12 by icecoldjack

Well they've given us the required 3 pts so i guess they're in the driving seat !

30 million.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:31 - May 12 with 2337 viewscaerleon_jack

Looking likely that Barkley will be sold and Gylfi would be perfect replacement for them.

Unfortunately I think Gylfi will want to go and we need to make sure we push Everton for as big a percentage Barkley fee as possible.

We then need to make sure we use that money wisely to rebuild the squad - any complacency this summer, regardless of what league we're in will be disastrous. We've stood still for too long.

Insert something witty here

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:34 - May 12 with 2326 viewsexiledinenglandjack

As well as him playing fantastically for us this season, we have an ace card up our sleeve with him technically classed as home grown, so that should inflate his price up even more hopefully.

Well, I'm saying hopefully but i wish he doesn't get sold.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:39 - May 12 with 2307 viewshammy

Ash has probably had a word, as it's gone so well for him LOL

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:39 - May 12 with 2306 viewsSTID2017

So when they sell they get a ridiculous amount for an average player (£50million - John Stones)
Yet they expect to come down here and cherry pick one of the best AM in the Pl and possibly beyond for half that.
Get lost Everton or pay serious money

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:43 - May 12 with 2291 viewshammy

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:39 - May 12 by STID2017

So when they sell they get a ridiculous amount for an average player (£50million - John Stones)
Yet they expect to come down here and cherry pick one of the best AM in the Pl and possibly beyond for half that.

Just wait and see what they get for that showpony Barkley ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:51 - May 12 with 2263 viewsjack247

There is nothing wrong with clubs our size selling their prized assets regularly. It's not replacing them adequately that has bitten us.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:01 - May 12 with 2215 viewsSTID2017

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:51 - May 12 by jack247

There is nothing wrong with clubs our size selling their prized assets regularly. It's not replacing them adequately that has bitten us.

Any club our size would have to sell Gylfi if a decent offer comes in.
However to get an adequate replacement we'd have to pay £40 million

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:03 - May 12 with 2202 viewsswan65split

Old news, and LBH who expects him to stay,? hes surely seen enough from the Judas and Statler and Waldorf to think........I am off!
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:08 - May 12 with 2188 viewsPrivate_Partz

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:39 - May 12 by STID2017

Indeed and we want to make sure that we don't repeat our usual Jenkins' mistake of selling before we have adequate replacements lined up.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:10 - May 12 with 2177 viewsmonmouth

Barkley fee in its entirety, thanks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:20 - May 12 with 2156 viewsFireboy

Barkley isn't good enough to lace siggys boots
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 18:46 - May 12 with 2028 viewsLandore_Jack

Sadio Mane cost Liverpool £34m. £25m is way under the valuation

#backtojack

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:13 - May 12 with 1950 viewsjack247

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:01 - May 12 by STID2017

Any club our size would have to sell Gylfi if a decent offer comes in.
However to get an adequate replacement we'd have to pay £40 million

Not necessarily. To get a like for like replacement we would either have to shell out big or take a chance on a younger player with loads of potential.

The smart move if it were to happen though, would be to strengthen in a few positions. You could get a decent attacking midfielder, left winger and right back for the kind of money Gylfi would attract.

I'm only worried about staying up for the moment anyway. Hopefully we can turn our attention to this sort of thing Sunday afternoon.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:19 - May 12 with 1931 viewsnierika

Go ahead and sell him and watch us go down next year of we stay up this year
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:23 - May 12 with 1915 viewsjack247

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:19 - May 12 by nierika

Go ahead and sell him and watch us go down next year of we stay up this year

If we sell him and replace him properly, we will be fine. If we bring in a bunch of Tabanous and Borjas, then yes, I agree with you.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:29 - May 12 with 1898 viewsjackjackjackjack

£28m according to Radio 5, citing an insider at Everton.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 21:59]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 21:54 - May 12 with 1710 viewsRunning_Man

Hmm..Well yeah, lets think about it later. We still might get relegated. People are talking like Sunderland will be easy...Bet Hull thought so as well.

I´m hoping the Americans spend to strengthen the team and convince him to stay with us one more season. That might mean we´d have a mid-table team. But thats very optimistic I grant you.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 22:56 - May 12 with 1577 viewsJokeren1943

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 16:51 - May 12 by jack247

Most clever thing said in this forum for a long long time.

Gylfi want to go this summer - if you have personal ambitions in the Premier League Swansea is sadly not the place to be right now. Who can blame him - he has been a 1 man army for a long time.

We will lose Llorente too - so Swansea 2 goalsscores will leave - The massive problem is we do have 2 proven goalsscores - finding new ones are damn hard - and the risk of failure are extremly high.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 22:57]
N/A. on 23:04 - May 12 with 1553 viewsHuw57

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:29 - May 12 by jackjackjackjack

£28m according to Radio 5, citing an insider at Everton.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 21:59]

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:29]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 23:59 - May 12 with 1476 viewsNirvana

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 19:23 - May 12 by jack247

If we sell him and replace him properly, we will be fine. If we bring in a bunch of Tabanous and Borjas, then yes, I agree with you.

247 I agree with your overall point, but which do you think is more likely?

I'd rather take my chances with Siggy and whoever we sign this summer than our current squad (minus Siggy) + £28m for Jenkins to ffukk around with.

It will be very hard to bring in anyone of quality (which we do need in the PL) without someone like Siggy around, and I don't trust Jenkins to replace him properly. His track record is pretty horrible, and Siggy's is not.

I would stay with the sure thing (Siggy) unless he demanded to be sold. Then, it's  £35m or no deal.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 00:04 - May 13 with 1468 viewsNirvana

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 21:54 - May 12 by Running_Man

Hmm..Well yeah, lets think about it later. We still might get relegated. People are talking like Sunderland will be easy...Bet Hull thought so as well.

I´m hoping the Americans spend to strengthen the team and convince him to stay with us one more season. That might mean we´d have a mid-table team. But thats very optimistic I grant you.

This is what I hope too, Running Man.

I will also concede it is the absolute best case scenario, and that doesn't happen very often for the Swans.

But, as you said, none of that matters until Sunday at least. We're still very much in the thick of a relegation battle, and Sunderland will not be lying down for us. Dreaming for a win tomorrow.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 01:08 - May 13 with 1415 viewsNirvana

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 17:20 - May 12 by Fireboy

Barkley isn't good enough to lace siggys boots

Yeah, I mostly agree here Fire.

Barkley has more pace and trickier moves than Siggy, and so appears more threatening running with the ball and on the break, and he's younger. Far too often, though, his decision making borders on the comical, his technique is inconsistent, and his final ball is generally lackluster. Maybe he will progress, eventually, into a more reliable creator and finisher but it's more likely he won't at this point. I do wish him all the best and maybe a change of scenery is all he needs.

As for Siggy, if we stay up, which is the only way I am thinking for the moment, we shouldn't accept anything less than £35m. That's his value, and we're not in the position to be handing out bargains. Southampton is the best in the league at this, and they ONLY sell if their highest valuation is met.

That is what we need to be doing, especially with our best players. You don't just give them away when a wad of money is waved in front of you. You barter for more money, always. Huw is not good at this. Not surprising, though.
Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 06:14 - May 13 with 1297 viewsjack247

Everton want Gylfi Sigurdsson on 23:59 - May 12 by Nirvana

247 I agree with your overall point, but which do you think is more likely?

I'd rather take my chances with Siggy and whoever we sign this summer than our current squad (minus Siggy) + £28m for Jenkins to ffukk around with.

It will be very hard to bring in anyone of quality (which we do need in the PL) without someone like Siggy around, and I don't trust Jenkins to replace him properly. His track record is pretty horrible, and Siggy's is not.

I would stay with the sure thing (Siggy) unless he demanded to be sold. Then, it's  £35m or no deal.

Well yes, the main reason people (including me) are scared of selling Gylfi, is it's unlikely all the funds will be reinvested into transfers and those that are will probably be spanked on rough diamonds who turn out to be shit.

I'm still not convinced by Gylfi and Llorente as a partnership (in open play) although adding Ayew to the mix has allayed that recently. Of the two, I think Gylfi is the more likely to want to leave and is certainly going to bring in the biggest transfer fee.

Ideally, I'd be happy if we weakened his position but strengthened 3 others, making us a stronger team, rather than a team with star players. In reality though, I tend to agree, that only works if you bring the right players in. I don't have much confidence we will do that.

All this of course, is subject to finishing above Hull. There isn't even an argument if we go down, it's just a case of get as much as we can for the pair of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024