Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 115204 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:48 - May 14 with 16901 viewsJacktheCork

Isn't he in legal action against the club?
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:03 - May 14 with 16816 viewsEasternJack

Besic

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:24 - May 14 with 16724 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:03 - May 14 by EasternJack

Besic

Injured?
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:47 - May 14 with 16642 viewsHighjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:24 - May 14 by TheKirkyLife

Injured?

Besic

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:11 - May 14 with 16556 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:47 - May 14 by Highjack

Besic

Besic
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:19 - May 14 with 16535 viewsLeonWasGod

Besic
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:23 - May 14 with 16421 viewsTheKirkyLife

On an unrelated note to Besic, who reckons that plans have changed with Bartley now we're safe? I reckon we could get a tidy £5 million if we're lucky. Leeds love him.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:35 - May 14 with 16383 viewsGriffting

Someone that has been linked a few times in the past and again more recently is Jota from Brentford. 12 goals 5 assists in 19 championship games this season (since January) and one year left on his contract. Seems like he could be a good option for the right price.
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:26 - May 14 with 16296 viewsBirchgrovejack

Although there are no rumours. I'd like to see markovic and hulls grosicki
Wouldn't pay £15m for bony now. He couldn't get in Stoke side most things season so how can they value him at that.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:46 - May 14 with 16259 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:26 - May 14 by Birchgrovejack

Although there are no rumours. I'd like to see markovic and hulls grosicki
Wouldn't pay £15m for bony now. He couldn't get in Stoke side most things season so how can they value him at that.

I was just saying to my Dad those two played pretty well for Hull. If I had to choose one it would be Grosicki though; pretty good at set pieces which may or may not become a concern over the Summer.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:43 - May 15 with 16188 viewsHighjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:23 - May 14 by TheKirkyLife

On an unrelated note to Besic, who reckons that plans have changed with Bartley now we're safe? I reckon we could get a tidy £5 million if we're lucky. Leeds love him.

Besic

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:48 - May 15 with 16180 viewsDJack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:43 - May 15 by Highjack

Besic

In simpler terms that's a basic Besic.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 02:21 - May 15 with 16120 viewsnyc_swans

of the Hull players, i think Sam Clucas is the best and would be an upgrade over several options in the midfield
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:39 - May 15 with 15984 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Would be interesting to know what Imbula from Stoke is valued at. Hasn't worked out for him there but I think that there is a really good player to be unearthed. Would be great to see if makelele could get him back to his best and could play the Leon role in midfield more long term
[Post edited 15 May 2017 9:51]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:46 - May 15 with 15857 viewsEasternJack

Besic

On a serious note. This is the first transfer window for a long while (since Laudrup funnily enough) that I feel optimistic about. We again have someone at our club with a personal network that goes to the top level of European clubs and players. Not quite the top drawer box office that Laudrup was, but still infinitely better than Monk, Guidolin and Bobbley

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:56 - May 15 with 15839 viewsnantywatcher

£15 mill for Bony. That has to be the most ridiculous comment of the year - a third of that if we have a load of surplus money to waste. No, thinking about it £5mill would be madness.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:13 - May 15 with 15758 viewsEasternJack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:48 - May 14 by JacktheCork

Isn't he in legal action against the club?

No. It's against his former agent - but he's trying to pull Swansea into it because they had knowledge of the the agreement between him and his agent. He comes across as a total moron for not being in control (or at least not having independent legal/financial advise) of the contract and financial transactions relating to his career.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:30 - May 15 with 15721 viewsEilian

What are these calculations based on?
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:55 - May 15 with 15685 viewsBirchgrovejack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:46 - May 14 by TheKirkyLife

I was just saying to my Dad those two played pretty well for Hull. If I had to choose one it would be Grosicki though; pretty good at set pieces which may or may not become a concern over the Summer.

The only thing about grosicki is that he only went there in jan (I think) so would cost a bit I think.
Markovic will be available as I can't see him being in liverpools plans.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 14:41 - May 15 with 15564 viewsTheKirkyLife

Sadly got to add this stuff. Almost every outlet is reporting it but here's ESPNs. Gylfi to Everton - opening bid at £25 million.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/everton/368/blog/post/3126515/transfer-talk-everton

Personally I want no less that £35 million for the top assister.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:02 - May 15 with 15441 viewsDr_Winston

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 14:41 - May 15 by TheKirkyLife

Sadly got to add this stuff. Almost every outlet is reporting it but here's ESPNs. Gylfi to Everton - opening bid at £25 million.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/everton/368/blog/post/3126515/transfer-talk-everton

Personally I want no less that £35 million for the top assister.

Given the prices paid for other players not as good then £35m is definitely the least we should be considering.

Obviously Jenkins will bite someone's hand off for less.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:19 - May 15 with 15393 viewsOldjack

Carrying on selling your jewels and it will catch up with you one day . Bony has done absolute Jack shyte since he left ,can't even make the Stoke bench , madness to pay that for him

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:47 - May 15 with 15236 viewsNirvana

It's sad that we're linked so often with former players, especially ones who have appeared less than stellar recently. Joe Allen looked great before the Euros, and he's a hometown boy. Anyone else and it begins to look very desperate.

For perspective, this article explains Southampton's winning transfer policy in brief:

http://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/analysing-southamptons-successful-transfer-

Some key quotes:

"Southampton’s strategy has been clear and unwavering throughout. They have focused primarily on signing young players who have resale value and could therefore be sold on for a profit in future."

"When scouting, the club has scoured a variety of leagues in order to ensure the pool of potential signings is as wide as possible.

This not only helps to identify the correct players for the team’s style, which has not drastically changed in recent years, but it also means that, should they miss out on their prime target, alternatives are available."

That's what we should be doing. Jenkins' reject bin classics are the biggest thing holding the club back and it needs to change.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:51 - May 15 with 15218 viewsCooperman

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:02 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

Given the prices paid for other players not as good then £35m is definitely the least we should be considering.

Obviously Jenkins will bite someone's hand off for less.

I'm thinking we'll let him go for £16m max, less if we can haggle.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:18 - May 16 with 15033 viewsTheKirkyLife

Apologies for the lack of updates; been a busy Monday.

First up we have one of the more like 'out the door' scenarios. Gomis is very happy in southern France and wants to prioritise a move there. Should be mentioned top Turkish clubs are also interested but with his pretty good goal return in 2016/17 we could see a nifty £5-£10 million move materialise.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-forward-made-big-choice-future-prioritising-po

Next up, great news as Clement is very eager to keep Gylfi and Llorente on with new contracts potentially. There's no denying they saved our butts and will save us money long haul if we simply pay more money to keep them on. Let's hope, eh?

ClubCall adds that the club is happy to waive off interest from Everton if need be.

http://talksport.com/football/swansea-city-fc-news-paul-clement-comments-futures

https://www.clubcall.com/everton/swans-rule-out-midfielder-deal-1851579.html

And finally it comes as no surprise that Swansea are reportedly looking at a lower Championship players along with two other Premier League clubs reportedly. Josh Brownhill is a central midfielder who's apparently been a shining light in an underwhelming Bristol City team. Grimes 2.0 anyone? I hope we ignore.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/16/report-swansea-city-fight-premier-league-tr
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024