Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 114246 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 16:06 - Jun 27 with 4195 viewsandypitt56

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-franck-tabanou-leav

I posted this on hear last month, but now its official. good riddance to a bad egg
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:11 - Jun 27 with 4039 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:11 - Jun 27 by exiledinenglandjack

Another story of a young trialist snapped up.

Also, I read links with Jeff to sporting in Portugal for €6m
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 7:14]

I like the youth signings so far, but they're not going to be ready for at least a few years and probably a lot longer.

We should be aiming for talented youngsters, but more along the lines of 21-25 years old. Not teenagers so much. I'd rather us go young than old, but we've gone a bit too far.

Do our scouts only go to youth tournaments or something?
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:57 - Jun 27 with 3989 viewslondonlisa2001

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:11 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

I like the youth signings so far, but they're not going to be ready for at least a few years and probably a lot longer.

We should be aiming for talented youngsters, but more along the lines of 21-25 years old. Not teenagers so much. I'd rather us go young than old, but we've gone a bit too far.

Do our scouts only go to youth tournaments or something?

Perhaps they know the rules on home grown players.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:11 - Jun 27 with 3948 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:57 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Perhaps they know the rules on home grown players.

Not sure how that relates, specifically, to what I said but I'll respond anyway.

In order to be "homegrown" you need to actually make the squad. No guarantee any of these kids will do that, just like all our local youth players. And I wasn't knocking any of that in the first place.

I said we should be targeting players ages 21-25 for our FIRST TEAM, not to fill some quota for the future. It is a misguided strategy, and is using valuable resources that should be put to use elsewhere. Like, I don't know, bringing in quality that can play NOW.

My take, anyway. I assume you think differently. To each his own, my dear.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:16 - Jun 27 with 3931 views34dfgdf54

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:11 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Not sure how that relates, specifically, to what I said but I'll respond anyway.

In order to be "homegrown" you need to actually make the squad. No guarantee any of these kids will do that, just like all our local youth players. And I wasn't knocking any of that in the first place.

I said we should be targeting players ages 21-25 for our FIRST TEAM, not to fill some quota for the future. It is a misguided strategy, and is using valuable resources that should be put to use elsewhere. Like, I don't know, bringing in quality that can play NOW.

Perhaps she didn't know the rule on homegrown players?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 20:17]
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:32 - Jun 27 with 3880 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:16 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Perhaps she didn't know the rule on homegrown players?
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 20:17]

Haha, maybe Risca.

Lisa's a pretty sharp one, though, so not likely. Probably just busting my balls a bit, which is fine.

But it does make sense that Jenkins and our "scouts" would care more about some ffukkingg meaningless quota than bringing in actual quality. Says quite a bit about our priorities as a club.

Of course, it's about saving some money. Cost-cutting on talent, as always.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 20:34]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:05 - Jun 27 with 3833 viewslondonlisa2001

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:11 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Of course they need to make the squad. Although possibly you can make the squad of another team. Maybe one lower down the pyramid even if they don't make it a premier league level. And the way things are going, it is quite possible that a quota will be brought in throughout the pyramid,

The transfer value of a homegrown player going forward will be considerably higher than a non home grown player, particularly if Greg Dyke gets his way with the stricter proposals. Siggy's value will undoubtedly be influenced by him counting as home grown as an example.

So bringing in talent at a young enough age to make them homegrown makes commercial sense when looking at a 5 year plan.

No reason why that can't run alongside the first team strategy, where I agree it would nice to see some younger talent brought in, as we have with Mawson, but I don't think one precludes the other.

It will take years for the academy to start producing, but eventually it hopefully will produce a player or two every couple of years. And if they've been with us since a young age, all the better for us.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:07 - Jun 27 with 3826 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:32 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

Haha, maybe Risca.

Lisa's a pretty sharp one, though, so not likely. Probably just busting my balls a bit, which is fine.

But it does make sense that Jenkins and our "scouts" would care more about some ffukkingg meaningless quota than bringing in actual quality. Says quite a bit about our priorities as a club.

Of course, it's about saving some money. Cost-cutting on talent, as always.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 20:34]

It's about running us as a business as well as looking after the first team. At some point, hopefully the two will merge.
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:27 - Jun 27 with 3785 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:05 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Of course they need to make the squad. Although possibly you can make the squad of another team. Maybe one lower down the pyramid even if they don't make it a premier league level. And the way things are going, it is quite possible that a quota will be brought in throughout the pyramid,

The transfer value of a homegrown player going forward will be considerably higher than a non home grown player, particularly if Greg Dyke gets his way with the stricter proposals. Siggy's value will undoubtedly be influenced by him counting as home grown as an example.

So bringing in talent at a young enough age to make them homegrown makes commercial sense when looking at a 5 year plan.

No reason why that can't run alongside the first team strategy, where I agree it would nice to see some younger talent brought in, as we have with Mawson, but I don't think one precludes the other.

It will take years for the academy to start producing, but eventually it hopefully will produce a player or two every couple of years. And if they've been with us since a young age, all the better for us.

That's more what I was expecting from you, Lisa.

Excellent post, and I agree with you.

But the quota is pure bbullsshitt, and I can't ever see it being truly enforced with how much money is circling around the PL.

I certainly wouldn't be planning my transfer window around it, that's for sure. That's essentially what we've been doing so far, too.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:35 - Jun 27 with 3755 viewsNirvana

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:07 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

It's about running us as a business as well as looking after the first team. At some point, hopefully the two will merge.

And this is understandable, as SCFC is ultimately a business.

I get it.

But you hit the nail on the head when you said "hopefully", as that's where we are as a club right now. These moves haven't paid off for us on the pitch in the past, and none of the current crop are 'wonderkids' that are obvious signings.

We can sign kids like this all summer AFTER we add some real quality to our squad, which should always be the priority. But with Swansea, because of Jenkins, it's always about the bottomline and making himself look smarter than everyone else.

That is my complaint here, the complete lack of urgency to improve our actual playing squad. Signing teens is nice and necessary, I guess, but they're not Mbappe, Dembele or Pulisic.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:37 - Jun 27 with 3742 viewslondonlisa2001

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:27 - Jun 27 by Nirvana

That's more what I was expecting from you, Lisa.

Excellent post, and I agree with you.

But the quota is pure bbullsshitt, and I can't ever see it being truly enforced with how much money is circling around the PL.

I certainly wouldn't be planning my transfer window around it, that's for sure. That's essentially what we've been doing so far, too.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being enforced? It is strictly enforced at present. We have to have 8 players who are home grown. If you mean you're not sure about higher regulation going forward, who knows. But UEFA seem keen to tighten as well as the English FA.

As for the transfer window, I suspect we have a budget for the first team and a budget for the academy. The other issue with the academy, is if we have some talented local kids, they will benefit from good quality youngsters being brought in to play around them.

A particular problem it seems to me is at the 21, 22 year old type level, where if they are not quite good enough for the first team, what do you do with them. The under 23s is one thing, but the change in emergency loans with the football league means it's harder to judge whether to keep someone like McBurnie or loan him out. The previous recall option would have made the decision much easier.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:06 - Jun 27 with 3665 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:37 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

I'm not sure what you mean by it being enforced? It is strictly enforced at present. We have to have 8 players who are home grown. If you mean you're not sure about higher regulation going forward, who knows. But UEFA seem keen to tighten as well as the English FA.

As for the transfer window, I suspect we have a budget for the first team and a budget for the academy. The other issue with the academy, is if we have some talented local kids, they will benefit from good quality youngsters being brought in to play around them.

A particular problem it seems to me is at the 21, 22 year old type level, where if they are not quite good enough for the first team, what do you do with them. The under 23s is one thing, but the change in emergency loans with the football league means it's harder to judge whether to keep someone like McBurnie or loan him out. The previous recall option would have made the decision much easier.

I mean the "homegrown" stuff is all smoke and mirrors in the first place. The rules are easy to break and don't really accomplish much anyway. Foreigners will always make up the majority of the PL from now on, because the league makes more money that way. NO ONE will be turning off that spigot.

As for us, we should be bringing in QUALITY youngsters 21-25, not just castoffs from Newport and Norway's second-division. We need to make inroads with clubs like Schalke, Dortmund, Lyon, Ajax, etc. so we can start signing their players on loan or outright. Instead, we go to Falkirk and Newport. That is the difference.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 15:59 - Jun 28 with 3406 views3swan

Paper adding 2 + 2 or maybe some truth?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-lead-
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 16:28 - Jun 28 with 3356 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 16:35 - Jun 28 with 3339 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 15:59 - Jun 28 by 3swan

Paper adding 2 + 2 or maybe some truth?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-lead-

Good goal he scored in the checkatrade final
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 16:52 - Jun 28 with 3274 viewsmagicdaps10

Supposedly back interested in Zambian international Biliat

http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-sports-sc-soccer-byo-112929.html

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 17:00 - Jun 28 with 3244 viewsSwans_16

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 16:52 - Jun 28 by magicdaps10

Supposedly back interested in Zambian international Biliat

http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-sports-sc-soccer-byo-112929.html

Who on earth is Billiat ?

Baston is apparently off to Malaga on a season long-loan with the vast majority of wages being covered by Malaga.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 17:36]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:46 - Jun 29 with 2898 viewsHeadmaster

We're signing another goalkeeper, apparently. Erwin Mulder.

Edit: Link won't work. It's from "De Telegraaf".
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 8:48]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:57 - Jun 29 with 2863 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:46 - Jun 29 by Headmaster

I think this is because nordfelt is off and we've gotten rid of Gerry. Can't see one of the youngsters stepping up, also, birighiti is being given a free transfer. We'll be going from 4 senior keepers last year to potentially 1, so no problem with this.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:12 - Jun 29 with 2778 viewsandypitt56

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:46 - Jun 29 by Headmaster

http://sportwitness.co.uk/goalkeeper-way-sign-multi-year-contract-swansea-city-t

You called it first
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:26 - Jun 29 with 2753 viewsSwans_16

Seems a decent keeper and more or less confirms that Nordfeldt is off somewhere.

He's Sweden's national keeper so i'm assuming there's first team football to be had for him somewhere.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:35 - Jun 29 with 2736 viewsandypitt56

I Think it will be a loan, so whether they see him as the successor to fab im not sure. from his interview the other day he made it seemed like the club dont want to sell him.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:45 - Jun 29 with 2705 viewsSwan91

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:12 - Jun 29 by andypitt56

http://sportwitness.co.uk/goalkeeper-way-sign-multi-year-contract-swansea-city-t

You called it first

free transfer?? not bad. I honestly don't know anything about him though... if he is a step up from Nordvelt then its all good.. hopefully can fight Fab for number 1
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:24 - Jun 29 with 2394 viewsSwans_16

Tammy to be announced tomorrow guys.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:39 - Jun 29 with 2278 viewsOldjack

Juventus have confirmed the release of Dani Alves

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024