Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 114243 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:04 - Jun 30 with 4826 viewsSwans_16

Could someone on here please give me a reasonable answer to the following please.

Howcome Bournemouth can attract so many decent players and pay the price tag for them (i.e. Begovic and Ake) where we don't seem to spend anywhere near those sums to get players in. It's been like this for years, and to be quite frank i'm bored and have had enough of these bigwigs messing with our PL status. Poor transfer dealings last Summer nearly cost us our PL status last season, and i'm hopeful someone at the club will just wake up and smell the coffee and stop blaming things.

If Bournemouth can afford to fork out £20 million for a young CB from Chelsea, then we can more than certainly afford to do a similar bit of business. We've been in the PL longer, a larger stadium and i'd imagine more commercial revenue, so why are we still conducting our transfer activity like a bloody championship club ?

It's infuriating. Southampton want to pay £25 million for Iheanacho, why can't we get in on a deal like that ? Rant over, but my continual frustration isn't.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2017 9:04]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:05 - Jun 30 with 4822 viewsjasper_T

Bournemouth are backed by Russian billionaires.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:22 - Jun 30 with 4787 viewsjackjackjackjack

and Bournemouth are paying £20m for someone who has already played well for them on loan, so less of a risk. If our Chelsea loanee does well next season, I assume we'd be willing to pay quite a bit for him

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:59 - Jun 30 with 4729 viewsgazza_1234

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:22 - Jun 30 by jackjackjackjack

and Bournemouth are paying £20m for someone who has already played well for them on loan, so less of a risk. If our Chelsea loanee does well next season, I assume we'd be willing to pay quite a bit for him

Defoe is on a 3 year £120k a week contract. Not the type of deal i want us to be giving out to 37yr olds!
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:39 - Jun 30 with 4590 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:05 - Jun 30 by jasper_T

Bournemouth are backed by Russian billionaires.

Wrong. Bournemouth is owned by 1 Russian, Maxim Denim, and his net worth is estimated at £100 million. Kaplan and Levien combined have a bigger net worth than he does.

Come on you Swans.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:15 - Jun 30 with 4489 viewsdobjack2

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:39 - Jun 30 by MyFinalHeaven

Wrong. Bournemouth is owned by 1 Russian, Maxim Denim, and his net worth is estimated at £100 million. Kaplan and Levien combined have a bigger net worth than he does.

However their business model does not appear to include putting their money into the club and making the club seriously indebted to them.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:41 - Jun 30 with 4193 viewsjackjackjackjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:49 - Jul 1 with 3930 viewsmalagajack

According to local press here Baston will sign for Malaga today or Monday on loan with the option to buy, say his value is about half from what we paid
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:50 - Jul 2 with 3669 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.footballinsider247.com/reliable-journalist-delivers-update-reported-t

Want £20m for Mawson.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:19 - Jul 2 with 3597 viewsJack123

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:50 - Jul 2 by jackjackjackjack

http://www.footballinsider247.com/reliable-journalist-delivers-update-reported-t

Want £20m for Mawson.

If they said 40 million, then perhaps we could take them serious.. 20 mill having a laugh, I think next season Mawson will outshine Stones, and how much did he go for? Easier to hold onto him, class player, and his value will only go up , up, up..
[Post edited 2 Jul 2017 19:33]

libera nos a malo

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:21 - Jul 2 with 3484 viewsjasper_T

Stones is massively overrated but in fairness he did have more than 6 months of looking half-decent to his name before going for big money.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:56 - Jul 2 with 3418 viewsJack123

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:21 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

Stones is massively overrated but in fairness he did have more than 6 months of looking half-decent to his name before going for big money.

Only my opinion, and even without my swans bias.. Alfie will go a long way!! Dunno you can just tell.. he oozes class.

libera nos a malo

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:40 - Jul 3 with 3242 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:56 - Jul 2 by Jack123

Only my opinion, and even without my swans bias.. Alfie will go a long way!! Dunno you can just tell.. he oozes class.

If we were hypothetically sell Alfie for even double Ash's final price a year ago, I'd feel bummed like it was a very possible lack of foresight on our part.

Which would have been a bit crazy to even suggest when we first picked up a guy who had basically not much more than League One experience at that point.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:40 - Jul 3 with 3098 viewsexiledinenglandjack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-boss-paul-clement-w

Linked with Chalobah, who I'd be happy with at the right price
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:31 - Jul 3 with 3013 viewsjasper_T

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:56 - Jul 2 by Jack123

"Oozing class" despite making a lot of "understandable" mistakes is exactly the praise lumped upon Stones.

We shouldn't get overly excited about Mawson. He was no better than any of our other defenders when we were a shambles, and the others didn't get a chance when Clement sorted it out with the extra man in midfield. Scored a few important goals, made a few howlers, not looked out of place at this level.

I'm not a big believer in obvious potential. Most of the young players we get told "will only get better" never really do.

If someone were to offer us north of £20m we should be trying to find Fernandez a new partner asap.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:14 - Jul 3 with 2927 viewsandypitt56

https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/swansea-star-in-malaga-for-medical-1855728
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:11 - Jul 3 with 2838 viewsPegojack

Looks like we've dodged the John Terry bullet. Allegedly signing for Villa because 'he doesn't want to play against Chelsea'.

Phew.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:29 - Jul 3 with 2573 viewsNirvana

Paul Baysse officially signs with Malaga:

https://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-paul-baysse-nice-signe-a-mal

Ball-playing CB on a free that I mentioned some time ago. Would've been an extremely savvy move by us. Of course, that's not something Huw Jenkins will ever be described as (again).

Neven Subotic is still available, though, and Dortmund would accept €5m. Hamburg and Besiktas interested:

http://www.eurosport.de/fussball/wechselt-neven-subotic-von-borussia-dortmund-zu

Florentin Pogba is also still available, for as little as €2.5m. Inter, Atalanta, Everton, RB Leipzig interested:

https://calciomercato.it/news/266564/calciomercato_esclusivo_inter_e_atalanta_su
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:25 - Jul 3 with 2505 viewsFireboy2

Been reading the gog paper daily post and they are saying that the blues need to be patient but sigurdsson will be worth the wait

I do hope that it's their journo writing for writing sake
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:13 - Jul 4 with 2342 viewsexiledinenglandjack

This ones going to split opinion, but I think it's decent news.

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/naughton-signs-new-deal
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:18 - Jul 4 with 2323 viewsJango

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:13 - Jul 4 by exiledinenglandjack

This ones going to split opinion, but I think it's decent news.

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/naughton-signs-new-deal

Naughton is as good a squad player we could hope for who can play both left and right. Still think we need a new right back who's better at getting forward.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:26 - Jul 4 with 2299 viewsmagicdaps10

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:18 - Jul 4 by Jango

Naughton is as good a squad player we could hope for who can play both left and right. Still think we need a new right back who's better at getting forward.

Naughton has his cons but played well under Clement and his versatility and experience to play either side is valuable.

Rangel is getting no younger and a right back will be needed so i am happy to see him sign an extension. New right back with energy and i think we are well set with our full backs.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:21 - Jul 4 with 2174 viewssnork44

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:26 - Jul 4 by magicdaps10

Naughton has his cons but played well under Clement and his versatility and experience to play either side is valuable.

Rangel is getting no younger and a right back will be needed so i am happy to see him sign an extension. New right back with energy and i think we are well set with our full backs.

I would like us to sign someone, it seems like Huw hasn't learnt from last year and is arrogantly still trying to pinch a couple of million here and few million there and is dragging his feet like an old maid on the sidelines at the dance hall! Huw, we need to be proactive here or we will end up with dross and spunking a shit load of wonga on a dodgy winger from the Latvian third division!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:25 - Jul 4 with 2162 viewsunion_jack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:21 - Jul 4 by snork44

I would like us to sign someone, it seems like Huw hasn't learnt from last year and is arrogantly still trying to pinch a couple of million here and few million there and is dragging his feet like an old maid on the sidelines at the dance hall! Huw, we need to be proactive here or we will end up with dross and spunking a shit load of wonga on a dodgy winger from the Latvian third division!

I'm no Huw fan believe me but we really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, do we?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:09 - Jul 4 with 2081 viewssnork44

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:25 - Jul 4 by union_jack

I'm no Huw fan believe me but we really have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, do we?

Agreed that we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but Hubert does have previous on the dithering end of the scale,take for example last preseason, when we lost out on Joe Allen. He does have the hide of a Rhinoceros, when it comes to getting deals over the line. The Tammy Abraham deal was supposed to be in the bag and the Roque Mesa deal was nearly signed, but all we have heard about is that Gylfi could be joining Everton or Uncle Daniel at Spuds could be opening his chequebook to get either Alfie or Siggy and Huw will think in his deluded mind that he has got one over Levy if the Tottenham chairman stumps up an extra 5 million quid for either of the players.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024