Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 115026 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:01 - Aug 4 with 4477 viewsSwans_16

Badstuber's going to Stuttgart.

Didn't really think he'd come here, but i was a little hopeful.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 12:13]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:11 - Aug 4 with 4435 viewsairedale

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:01 - Aug 4 by Swans_16

Badstuber's going to Stuttgart.

Didn't really think he'd come here, but i was a little hopeful.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 12:13]

Well, it begins with an 'S' anyhow.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:46 - Aug 4 with 4281 viewsTheKirkyLife

Source believes compromise has finally been made.

Gylfi to be signed for £48 million - no player included. Leaked Everton magazine notes suggest a planned interview for Gylfi.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/everton-agree/
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:47 - Aug 4 with 4275 viewsSwans_16

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:46 - Aug 4 by TheKirkyLife

Gylfi to be signed for £48 million - no player included. Leaked Everton magazine notes suggest a planned interview for Gylfi.

Seen this on Twitter last night, and actually seems legit for once.

£48 million is a serious amount of cash. Get the cash, re-invest, get on with our season.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:11 - Aug 5 with 4049 viewsAussieSwan

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:46 - Aug 4 by TheKirkyLife

I would've liked 45m plus Holgate (given they were offering an RB in Connolly)

Sad to see Gylfi go but good to see a deal has FINALLY been agreed, if this is true. Should really have been sorted out a few weeks ago but clearly August 1 is significant for our accounting practices (why not July 1??)

Anyway, if it is 48m then we MUST reinvest and reinvest it well. Given such an important player has left we must get his replacements right

Never been a more crucial transfer window since we've been promoted

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:25 - Aug 5 with 4029 viewsEasternJack

Besic?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:58 - Aug 5 with 3991 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:11 - Aug 5 by AussieSwan

Sad to see Gylfi go but good to see a deal has FINALLY been agreed, if this is true. Should really have been sorted out a few weeks ago but clearly August 1 is significant for our accounting practices (why not July 1??)

Anyway, if it is 48m then we MUST reinvest and reinvest it well. Given such an important player has left we must get his replacements right

By logic and reports it looks like we'll be back in for Viera along with Yiadom next week.

Or Besic.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 01:10 - Aug 5 with 3982 viewsraynor94

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:11 - Aug 5 by AussieSwan

I sincerely hope you are going to post when the window closes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:17 - Aug 5 with 3898 viewsAussieSwan

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 01:10 - Aug 5 by raynor94

I sincerely hope you are going to post when the window closes

Keep stalking me champ you'll get your wish

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:12 - Aug 6 with 3676 viewsBirchgrovejack

According to BBC sport gossip and paper talk

West Bromwich Albion will not sell Belgian winger Nacer Chadli, 28, to Swansea City, despite strong interest from the Welsh club. (Express & Star) - https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/08/05/we

Swansea City must pay £13m if they want to re-sign striker Wilfried Bony from Manchester City. (Sunday Mirror) - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-tell-swanse

Bad news on both accounts there if you ask me. Id like to see Chadli but not for £25m and wouldn't want to pay £13m for bony. A bit of a risk on previous 2 1/2 years form.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 6:13]
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:01 - Aug 8 with 3477 viewsKerouac

I am starting to lose faith here. Why aren't we continuing to shift dead wood and bring in fresh blood?

Montero, and Dyer for example. Sell Montero on the cheap, loan Dyer out to the Championship and get most of his wages covered.
Then use the loan system to bring in a young right-back and a winger.
Should be cost neutral.

We could have loaned Carl Jenkinson and Patrick Roberts already!

Do those things alone and we would start to look like a stronger squad...never mind what happens with Siggy!

...and tell Pulis to feck off. They want a £10m profit on a player they've had for 1 season and has already fallen out with the manager? Christ alive!

Can somebody get themselves down the club and give everybody dressed in a suit a good fecking shake? Wakey wakey Swansea City!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:27 - Aug 8 with 3409 viewsyescomeon

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:01 - Aug 8 by Kerouac

I am starting to lose faith here. Why aren't we continuing to shift dead wood and bring in fresh blood?

Montero, and Dyer for example. Sell Montero on the cheap, loan Dyer out to the Championship and get most of his wages covered.
Should be cost neutral.

Do those things alone and we would start to look like a stronger squad...never mind what happens with Siggy!

...and tell Pulis to feck off. They want a £10m profit on a player they've had for 1 season and has already fallen out with the manager? Christ alive!

Can somebody get themselves down the club and give everybody dressed in a suit a good fecking shake? Wakey wakey Swansea City!

Agree, if it were me I'd look to offload Montero, Dyer, Barrow, Sigurdsson, Llorente, Narsingh, Grimes and Birighitti. That should free up room for us to go out and get an attacking midfielder as a replacement for Sigurdsson, a right back as competition for Naughton and a striker to replace Llorente, with perhaps enough left over to get in another body in midfield, a punt on a decent prospect.

We still have a big squad, but at the same time no depth, it's a mess. Offloading the above players we'd still have players like van der Hoorn, Bartley, Fulton, Kingsley, McBurnie who we could look to upgrade on, Britton, Rangel and Routledge who are approaching the end of their careers and Abraham who is on loan. It's going to take a lot of work over a few seasons to sort out the mess the squad is in.

Upthecity!

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:35 - Aug 8 with 3364 viewsJango

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:01 - Aug 8 by Kerouac

Should be cost neutral.

We're only allowed to loan one more premiership player if I'm not mistaken.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:13 - Aug 8 with 3293 viewsandypitt56

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-swoop
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:20 - Aug 8 with 3259 viewsTheKirkyLife

It's getting more disappointing as the window continues.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:24 - Aug 8 with 3232 viewsMo_Wives

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:20 - Aug 8 by TheKirkyLife

It's getting more disappointing as the window continues.

I feel we're due a Leonardo Ulloa story.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:41 - Aug 8 with 3168 viewsunion_jack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:13 - Aug 8 by andypitt56

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-swoop

I knew it wasn't all going to be bad news

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 15:52 - Aug 8 with 3065 viewsmalagajack

SSfootball at 5 pm for those that need cheering up😀
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:00 - Aug 11 with 2800 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Oli going on loan to Barnsley. He tweeted the news and then deleted.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:02 - Aug 11 with 2784 viewslondonlisa2001

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:24 - Aug 8 by Mo_Wives

I feel we're due a Leonardo Ulloa story.

That may send a few over the edge :)

The proverbial straw.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:04 - Aug 11 with 2772 viewslondonlisa2001

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:00 - Aug 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oli going on loan to Barnsley. He tweeted the news and then deleted.

Someone said earlier he was going there and we were having their right back. But I thought the right back had already gone to Huddersfield?
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:11 - Aug 11 with 2746 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:04 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

Someone said earlier he was going there and we were having their right back. But I thought the right back had already gone to Huddersfield?

Yiadom, yeah he had his medical yesterday with Huddersfield. They're getting a promising RB for only 2 million.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:48 - Aug 11 with 2680 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:11 - Aug 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yiadom, yeah he had his medical yesterday with Huddersfield. They're getting a promising RB for only 2 million.

N/M
[Post edited 11 Aug 2017 22:00]

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:59 - Aug 11 with 2641 viewsexiledinenglandjack

21:49
LEEDS REJECT £16M WOOD OFFER

Leeds have rejected a bid of £16m for striker Chris Wood, according to Sky sources.

The offer is from an unnamed Premier League club.

One source has told us this evening that Burnley have also had a £12m bid rejected for the player, although we understand this latest offer is not from the Clarets.

Burnley have yet to confirm they have made a bid.

Could this be us? Hope not
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 2448 viewsFireboy2

Sky sources are saying that we are in for bony,allen and chadli if/when siggy goes

Only saying like
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024