Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 114880 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:47 - Aug 13 with 4944 viewsSwansea93

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:33 - Aug 13 by Fireboy2

Sky sources are saying that we are in for bony,allen and chadli if/when siggy goes

Only saying like

Clement has said when Llorente is back he might use Abraham behind Llorente. So Bony/Llorente will be the switching strikers, Allen/Britton, and then Chadli instead of Routledge.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:48 - Aug 13 with 4938 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:47 - Aug 13 by Swansea93

Clement has said when Llorente is back he might use Abraham behind Llorente. So Bony/Llorente will be the switching strikers, Allen/Britton, and then Chadli instead of Routledge.

I've created a separate thread for this one as evidence suggests this is very likely to be the case. Not just a crackpot rumour.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 02:30 - Aug 16 with 4707 viewsAussieSwan

I'm hoping this thread seriously picks up over the next couple of weeks

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 03:14 - Aug 16 with 4682 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 02:30 - Aug 16 by AussieSwan

I'm hoping this thread seriously picks up over the next couple of weeks

We all do.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 03:36 - Aug 16 with 4672 viewsSwan91

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:47 - Aug 13 by Swansea93

I think our team would do pretty well if we brought those in... and hopefully a RB.. I can see us getting Bony and Chadli.... but not Allen, and to be honest once Mesa is up to speed with the pace of the PL he should be taking Brittons spot anyway.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:05 - Aug 16 with 4631 viewsdameedna

Allen Viera Chadli Bony.
That is not a bad line up.

Allen mat come for the captaincy and more wages. Likely the last signing and will want to see us strenghthen first. Clement probably interested may not be keen. We have clearly alerted Allen to the fact we will pay his wages. With Gylfi leaving he will be number one. Interesting. I reckon he stays put another season.

Viera number one target and sorely needed. Clements comments probably helping to keep the price down.

Chadli ticks all the boxes hopefully here by Friday and plays Saturday. If possible.

Bony too expensive unless Llorente leaves. Last minute deal. If Llorente leaves possibly a good move for all parties. Hope Llorente stays another season. He is the better player and cheaper.

Allen yes.
Viera yes.
Chadli yes.
Bony no.

Must sign a quick right back.

Still waiting for a DM like Mikel of Bilbao to be mentioned. Southampton would have been ideal for that type of player.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:48 - Aug 16 with 4521 viewsSwansea93

I don't get this Llorente has to leave if Bony comes, Bony has been bench warming for two years, Llorente was originally brought in as our back up striker, and if Bony comes in he and Llorente can fight for the no1 spot.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:51 - Aug 16 with 4512 views34dfgdf54

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:05 - Aug 16 by dameedna

Allen Viera Chadli Bony.

Allen mat come for the captaincy and more wages. Likely the last signing and will want to see us strenghthen first. Clement probably interested may not be keen. We have clearly alerted Allen to the fact we will pay his wages. With Gylfi leaving he will be number one. Interesting. I reckon he stays put another season.

Viera number one target and sorely needed. Clements comments probably helping to keep the price down.

Chadli ticks all the boxes hopefully here by Friday and plays Saturday. If possible.

Bony too expensive unless Llorente leaves. Last minute deal. If Llorente leaves possibly a good move for all parties. Hope Llorente stays another season. He is the better player and cheaper.

Allen yes.
Viera yes.
Chadli yes.
Bony no.

Still waiting for a DM like Mikel of Bilbao to be mentioned. Southampton would have been ideal for that type of player.

I honestly can't see why Clement would want Viera now.

He hasn't got a say though so anything could happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:08 - Aug 16 with 4475 viewsDaggyjack

At least the money is there now if they want to spend it which is a better position than we were in yesterday with no money and a £45 million player who wasn't playing for us anyway.
Chadli at least in by the weekend I'm hoping.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:32 - Aug 16 with 4408 viewsDyfnant

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:48 - Aug 16 by Swansea93

I don't get this Llorente has to leave if Bony comes, Bony has been bench warming for two years, Llorente was originally brought in as our back up striker, and if Bony comes in he and Llorente can fight for the no1 spot.

80 - 100k for a bench warmer lol

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:15 - Aug 16 with 4336 viewsSwansea93

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:32 - Aug 16 by Dyfnant

80 - 100k for a bench warmer lol

Yeah why not? Llorente was brought in as back up to Borja and he's on 75K? Plus the amount of wages we've saved shifting dead wood.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 4315 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Gomis was on 70-80k and was at om with us heavily subsidising his wage, so at least we'd have a player available
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:40 - Aug 16 with 4259 viewsKerouac

The 'Brynnie's Long Lost Cock and Balls Memorial' update on,
"Where we are at"...

* = Home grown (Current total = 8)
** = Young enough not to be registered in the 25

Ins
Tammy Abraham (Loan)
Roque Mesa - £11m
Erwin Mulder - Free

Total = £11m in transfer fees and 1 & 1/2 x 1st team squad players wages.

Outs
Keston Davies (Loan - Yeovil)
Connor Roberts (Loan - Middlesboro)
Daniel James (Loan - Shrewsbury)
Jordi Amat (Loan - Real Betis)
Borja Baston (Loan - Malaga)
Bafetimbi Gomis - £2.5m
Marvin Emnes - Free
Gerhard Tremmel - Free
Franck Tabannou - Paid him off
Jack Cork - £8-10m
Modou Barrow - £1.5m
Gylfi Siggurdsson - £45m

Total = £57m-59m in transfer fees and 8 first team squad players wages.

So we are roughly £47m up in transfer fees and are paying 6/7 fewer players Premier League wages.

THE SQUAD
(Currently 23 senior players on our books who can realistically expect a game)

Goalkeepers

1) Lukasz Fabianski
2) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
3) Erwin Mulder

Right-Back

4) Kyle Naughton *
5) Angel Rangel

Left-Back

6) Martin Olsson *
7) Stephen Kingsley

Centre-Back

8) Federico Fernandez
9) Alfie Mawson *
10) Mike Van der Hoorn
11) Kyle Bartley *

Centre Midfield

12) Leon Britton * (Defensive Midfielder)
13) Roque Mesa (Defensive Midfielder)
14) Jay Fulton (Defensive Midfielder)
15) Leroy Fer (Box to Box Midfielder)
16) Tom Carroll * (Playmaker)
17) Ki (Playmaker)

Right-Wing

18) Jordan Ayew (/Striker)
19) Luciano Narsingh
20) Nathan Dyer *

Left-Wing

21) Jefferson Montero
22) Wayne Routledge *

Striker

23) Fernando Llorente (Target man)
24) Tammy Abraham ** (Poacher)

Youngsters with a chance
Oliver McBurnie ** (Target man)
Kenji Gorre ** (Attacking Midfielder)
Adam King ** (Midfielder)
Gregor Zabret ** (Goalkeeper)

New Youngsters
Cian Harries ** (Defender)
Arnor Gudjohnsen ** (Midfielder...only 16)
Kees de Boer ** (Defensive Midfielder...17)
George Thomas? ** (Midfielder/Striker)

What are they doing here picking up wages
Mark Birighitti (Goalkeeper...26!)
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 9:41]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:58 - Aug 16 with 4210 viewsKerouac

So this window we are about £47-48mill up on transfer fees
and
I make it roughly £11-13m up on the annual wage budget.

...and we now have 2 senior squad places to fill.

We are also at our limit on the Homegrown Player front. If we sell another HG player we will only be allowed 24 senior squad places (I think! Correct me if I'm wrong)

Weak areas of the squad =
RB,
CB cover,
AM,
Wingers...
...and possibly CM, Jesus Christ!

We should have sold Ki when we had the chance last January and we should be desperately trying to shift Montero...they are 2 totally unproductive non-HG players.

We need at least 1 quality loan from the Premier League, a player capable of playing in the 1st team on a regular basis, if we are going to have any chance of plugging all the holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:06 - Aug 16 with 4184 viewsJango

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:48 - Aug 16 by Swansea93

When Llorente got injured towards end of last season we were abysmal for the 5 games he was missing. The way clement had us playing didn't work at all without the target man. If signing Bony is Clements way of making sure we have 2 high quality options in that role then it's worth the wage. Baring in mind how much we are saving in wages through shipping out pointless players.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:00 - Aug 16 with 4073 viewsAl_Bundy

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 06:05 - Aug 16 by dameedna

Allen Viera Chadli Bony.

Allen yes.
Viera yes.
Chadli yes.
Bony no.

Like we are going to sign them 4
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:53 - Aug 16 with 3828 viewsAl_Bundy

Linked with Kenzie Benali.. bit out of our league though.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:39 - Aug 16 with 3705 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:53 - Aug 16 by Al_Bundy

Linked with Kenzie Benali.. bit out of our league though.

Please let this be true, Al.

This would really be a signing I could get behind, quite happily I might add.

(Keep in mind, I'm closer to her age than most on here, just a harmless pun)

In all seriousness, an absolute sweetheart and a beautiful, charming woman.

We'd be lucky to have her.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:06 - Aug 17 with 3537 views34dfgdf54

Some Belgian Journalist just tweeted the move for Chadli has been agreed with player, just waiting on clubs to agree a fee.

Fee to be between £20-£25m

I'm actually quite excited by the signing, I think he's a good player but that fee sounds £10m to high for me.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:18 - Aug 17 with 3509 viewsFireboy2

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:06 - Aug 17 by 34dfgdf54

Some Belgian Journalist just tweeted the move for Chadli has been agreed with player, just waiting on clubs to agree a fee.

Fee to be between £20-£25m

I'm actually quite excited by the signing, I think he's a good player but that fee sounds £10m to high for me.

Definitely too high

But so was siggys

I'm not ok enamoured with chadli but PC obviously rates him so that's goid enough for me

The only problem is at 25m it doesn't leave alot to get anymore players from siggys fee
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:36 - Aug 17 with 3462 viewsjojaca

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:18 - Aug 17 by Fireboy2

Definitely too high

But so was siggys

I'm not ok enamoured with chadli but PC obviously rates him so that's goid enough for me

The only problem is at 25m it doesn't leave alot to get anymore players from siggys fee

We won't spend £25 million on Chadli, don't any you folks learn anything about Jenkins signings. We will buy with sell on potential, if we ever pay £25 million for a player. Chadli is 28 year old with little resale value. If and big if he does join us he will be no more than an expensive journeyman.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 8:37]

Even when you know, you never know?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:13 - Aug 17 with 3391 views34dfgdf54

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:18 - Aug 17 by Fireboy2

Definitely too high

But so was siggys

PC obviously rates him?

We have been after Chadli for a long time, so someone at the club obviously rates him, doesn't mean its Clement though.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:44 - Aug 18 with 3166 viewsjackjackjackjack

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-and-swansea-locked-in-battle-to-sign-ch

Idrissa Sylla, QPR striker.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:04 - Aug 18 with 3059 viewsWarwickHunt

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:44 - Aug 18 by jackjackjackjack

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-and-swansea-locked-in-battle-to-sign-ch

Idrissa Sylla, QPR striker.

Sylla?

That's a surprise surprise.

He'll no doubt be consulting Alfie.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:08 - Aug 18 with 3048 viewsWarwickHunt

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:13 - Aug 17 by 34dfgdf54

PC obviously rates him?

We have been after Chadli for a long time, so someone at the club obviously rates him, doesn't mean its Clement though.

Jenkins. Since 2013.

The. Stupid. Lazy. Delusional. Egomaniacal. Fućking. Çunt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024