Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 115195 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:03 - Jun 1 with 5303 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:55 - Jun 1 by Jango

I'm starting to hope we sign this Koziello bloke just so you can relax and enjoy your summer.

Me too, Jango.

I'm enjoying it just fine, but thanks for caring.

Getting this guy would definitely make it better, though.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 14:55 - Jun 2 with 5115 viewsTheKirkyLife

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:03 - Jun 1 by Nirvana

Me too, Jango.

I'm enjoying it just fine, but thanks for caring.

Getting this guy would definitely make it better, though.

http://readbundesliga.com/2017/06/01/west-ham-swansea-fail-pursuit-bundesliga-st

Worth mentioning if you haven't seen already. Selke remains in the Bundesliga with Berlin. Europa League next season.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:56 - Jun 2 with 4953 viewsjackjackjackjack

Fat Franck has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:02 - Jun 2 with 4941 viewsmagicdaps10

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:56 - Jun 2 by jackjackjackjack

Fat Franck has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

Such a shame on Tabanou. One of the best full backcs in the french league when we signed him.

The money and the red wine took over.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:17 - Jun 2 with 4896 viewsgiantstoneater

HJ is waiting for the world cup to finish before he makes his move! Baston looks like he wants out, we are braced for interest in Llorente and we have missed out on a reported target, Selke, has gone to another club lets hope we don't end up scratching around for strikers before pre-season starts last season we left it so late both our new strikers missed out on a pre-season one didn't get going until xmas and one didn't get going at all and Olly McB was our 3rd striker for the best part of the season let's hope we have learnt our lessons.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:37 - Jun 4 with 4671 viewsairedale

This journo may have a point about us trying to sign this kid from Chelsea. He did really well in the Championship last season and it would be good for his development to get some PL experience. Also, I wonder if Ollie McB would go to Bristol?

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/paul-clement-should-seriously
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:03 - Jun 5 with 4269 viewsmagicdaps10

Santiago Arias rumour for 12M. Excellent player.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/619765/Transfer-News-Gossip-Swansea-To

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:26 - Jun 5 with 4227 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:03 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/619765/Transfer-News-Gossip-Swansea-To

Daily Star so have to take it with a piece of salt but a great player to be linked with
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:39 - Jun 5 with 4192 viewsjackjackjackjack

Twitter says Spurs and Liverpool are also interested in him, so lets not get our expectations up too high.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 14:08 - Jun 5 with 4020 viewsTheKirkyLife

Reports are that Arias already held initial talks and is pretty keen on the move. Furthermore there is no need for Tottenham or Liverpool to improve upon their RB positions even if Walker leaves Tottenham. On top of that West Ham signed Zabaleta.

I'd say signs are looking good.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 14:36 - Jun 5 with 3989 viewsJohnw102

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:03 - Jun 5 by magicdaps10

Can we find somebody called Hymns to play at right back, be a great pairing.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:31 - Jun 5 with 3770 viewsjackjackjackjack

Interest in Montero from Club America (Mexico). Might be on loan.

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:58 - Jun 5 with 3721 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:39 - Jun 5 by jackjackjackjack

Twitter says Spurs and Liverpool are also interested in him, so lets not get our expectations up too high.

“In the summer I hope there is clarity as soon as possible. My agent knows I want to go to Germany, England or Spain and is working on that.

But it is important that there is a sufficient prospect of playing time. If there is nothing, I’ll stay here. I’ve already played over a hundred appearances for PSV. That’s not crazy, right?”

Normally, I'd think we've got the edge (with Naughton and Rangel) on Spurs (Walker and Trippier) and Liverpool (Clyne). But if Spurs sell Walker as rumored, they'll be hard to beat.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:13 - Jun 6 with 3572 viewsDaggyjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:58 - Jun 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

“In the summer I hope there is clarity as soon as possible. My agent knows I want to go to Germany, England or Spain and is working on that.

But it is important that there is a sufficient prospect of playing time. If there is nothing, I’ll stay here. I’ve already played over a hundred appearances for PSV. That’s not crazy, right?”

Normally, I'd think we've got the edge (with Naughton and Rangel) on Spurs (Walker and Trippier) and Liverpool (Clyne). But if Spurs sell Walker as rumored, they'll be hard to beat.

If Walker leaves Spurs then Arias wouldn't be first choice as Trippier is a fine player who will be Spurs and England's RB of the future.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:51 - Jun 6 with 3519 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Hopefully PC will keep on top of Huw this summer and force this deal through sooner rather than later, so it doesn't drag out like Hakim Ziyech did last year
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:16 - Jun 6 with 3232 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 13:51 - May 31 by malagajack

http://www.fichajes.net/noticias/acerca-vuelta-espana-borja-baston-20170530.html

The title says borja close to returning to Spain, his agent says he has several offers from la liga with one of those believed to be from Vilareal

I'd say this officially ends any interest Villarreal had in Borja this summer, at least for now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/31/manchester-city-enes-unal-villa

Honestly didn't think City would make this kid available after the season he had, but he couldn't have gone to a better club for his development and there is a modest buy-back clause. Unal has it all for a striker and is the type of young talent we should be trying to bring to Swansea. We probably wouldn't have gotten him that cheap, but we could've tried.

We really should be the one winning the recruiting battle against clubs like Villarreal, Sevilla, Ajax, Hertha, etc. at this point. We are a solidly midtable PL team with potential to improve and a reputation for attractive football, a legitimately world-class coaching staff, brand-new "state of the art" training facilities, and new global investors.

We pay far higher wages than any of the clubs I mentioned and the truth is we're not seeing anything close to a reasonable return on that investment. That really needs to be rectified, and quick.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:30 - Jun 6 with 3207 viewsFlashberryjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:16 - Jun 6 by Nirvana

I'd say this officially ends any interest Villarreal had in Borja this summer, at least for now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/31/manchester-city-enes-unal-villa

Honestly didn't think City would make this kid available after the season he had, but he couldn't have gone to a better club for his development and there is a modest buy-back clause. Unal has it all for a striker and is the type of young talent we should be trying to bring to Swansea. We probably wouldn't have gotten him that cheap, but we could've tried.

We really should be the one winning the recruiting battle against clubs like Villarreal, Sevilla, Ajax, Hertha, etc. at this point. We are a solidly midtable PL team with potential to improve and a reputation for attractive football, a legitimately world-class coaching staff, brand-new "state of the art" training facilities, and new global investors.

We pay far higher wages than any of the clubs I mentioned and the truth is we're not seeing anything close to a reasonable return on that investment. That really needs to be rectified, and quick.

When did we get "New Global investors " ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:36 - Jun 6 with 3188 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:30 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

When did we get "New Global investors " ?

Last summer.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:49 - Jun 6 with 3154 viewsGriffting

Luis Muriel linked today from reports in Italy (for what must be something like the 4th year in a row).
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:09 - Jun 6 with 3107 viewsFlashberryjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:36 - Jun 6 by Nirvana

Last summer.

How much did they invest into the club then ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:00 - Jun 6 with 3042 viewsPozuelosSideys

£12m on a right back? Wise up is it.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:42 - Jun 6 with 2949 viewsjackjackjackjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:50 - Jun 6 with 2932 viewsjackjackjackjack

And for people who like to complain about our transfer record have a look at this - https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6fo0fc/a_detailed_look_at_bournemouths_

"Bournemouth have thrown away a combined €39.4M for forwards/wingers (Tomlin, Atsu, Grabban, Iturbe, Ibe, Mousset) who have played a combined 2458 minutes for the club (27.3 games on average) and scored no goals."

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:53 - Jun 6 with 2832 viewsmorningstar

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:09 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

How much did they invest into the club then ?

I like you Flash, you seem a tidy enough chap. But cut the crap ye, it's old hat. We all know the score.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:11 - Jun 7 with 2442 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Semedo has now signed for Villareal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024