Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread 19:47 - May 14 with 115199 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since our Premier League survival is now confirmed I thought it was about time that we look positively to the future for those legendary £5 million Jenkins' Specials. Who knows? We may even spend £10 million on individual players. I'll be updating the thread with every transfer rumour I come across. Feel free to read, discuss and so forth.

First entry is the bi-annual "is Bony coming home?" rumour. The Daily Mail reports that City are ready to sell for £15 million with us and the Hammers ready to start negotiations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4503498/West-Ham-Swansea-Wilfr
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 18:36 - Jun 7 with 5187 viewsFlashberryjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:53 - Jun 6 by morningstar

I like you Flash, you seem a tidy enough chap. But cut the crap ye, it's old hat. We all know the score.

It seems Nivarna doesn't, and I am.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:17 - Jun 7 with 5059 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:09 - Jun 6 by Flashberryjack

How much did they invest into the club then ?

I'm not really a finance guy Flashberry, so you'd have to ask some of the more educated money minds on here for the specifics. But I'm pretty sure The Americans invested something to buy the club. They may have also spent money in January, I don't know.

Either way, they are "investors". I am a realist with an optimistic streak, and I hold out hope they at least understand what a sound business plan is. In our case, they seem to be making a legitimate attempt to "develop the club commercially" or whatever. It's obvious we are sorely lacking in that department, and very smart on their part to recognize that.

The best way to "raise our profile" is to spend good money on quality players who bring eyeballs and points, and allow the media to do most of the legwork. Sustain that for a few seasons and we'll be going places, and they can cash out and make a vast amount of money. Works for everyone.

It remains to be seen if that is the plan, though. Big summer ahead.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:22 - Jun 7 with 5050 viewsNirvana

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:31 - Jun 5 by jackjackjackjack

Interest in Montero from Club America (Mexico). Might be on loan.

If we can get Montero off the squad it will improve our consistency and effectiveness, literally overnight. He has shown that he is not to be trusted, even coming off the bench. How many times is it now that he has had to be taken off due to "injury" after coming on as a substitute himself?

Whatever the number, it's too many. He hasn't looked good for awhile now even when healthy, and it's time for both parties to go their separate ways. Club America might be the perfect place for him at this point. He knows the Mexican league well and they probably haven't been scouting him recently, meaning we might get a reasonable return for him.

He can go back to being the star on the pitch, and his supposed troubles in his personal life will be alleviated. Again, works for everyone. A loan is not ideal, but I think he'd be successful and they would want to buy him anyway. Fingers crossed on this one.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:43 - Jun 8 with 4890 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Jack cork has been linked with an £8m move to West Brom
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:51 - Jun 8 with 4883 views34dfgdf54

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:43 - Jun 8 by exiledinenglandjack

Get the fee agreed and I'll pick him up whenever, sooner the better because of rush hour traffic on M5 etc.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:13 - Jun 8 with 4853 viewsmagicdaps10

If WBA are interested then any fee around 8m should be taken imo.

Midfield is a position where we need quality added. Carrol is a starter and Leon a perfect option to have but Cork and Ki have not added enough. If we could get these two out and make 2 additions with quality, think we would notice a big improvement.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:52 - Jun 8 with 4763 viewsSwan91

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 08:13 - Jun 8 by magicdaps10

If WBA are interested then any fee around 8m should be taken imo.

Midfield is a position where we need quality added. Carrol is a starter and Leon a perfect option to have but Cork and Ki have not added enough. If we could get these two out and make 2 additions with quality, think we would notice a big improvement.

disagree about Ki... when he played in cm with caroll and britton.. its seemed like the best mix for us. then having fer come on in the second half to add a bit of strength and attack.

Right now my first choice cm's are TC, Leon, Ki... so ueven if we buy better midfielders.. I think Ki should stay and play.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:34 - Jun 8 with 4724 viewsexiledinenglandjack

The likelihood of getting him is pretty low but Serge Gnabry has just cancelled his contract and is a free agent, would be fantastic, had an unbelievable season in the bundesliga
Login to get fewer ads

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 09:59 - Jun 9 with 4424 viewsandypitt56

http://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/news/west-ham-arsenal-face-fresh-1

hopefully we sign this guy, sounds like a real talent.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:23 - Jun 9 with 4397 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Another name for the mix is Clinton N'Jei from spurs, not set the world alight
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:29 - Jun 9 with 4389 viewsSwan91

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:23 - Jun 9 by exiledinenglandjack

Another name for the mix is Clinton N'Jei from spurs, not set the world alight

If I remember.. he is a young player who is ridiculously fast and uses his pace.... sounds quite like our previous wingers haha. Is a striker who can also play on the wing.. I like him and last time we got an attacker who didn't work out at spurs... was gylfi. so not always a bad thing.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:26 - Jun 9 with 4323 viewslonglostjack

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:34 - Jun 8 by exiledinenglandjack

The likelihood of getting him is pretty low but Serge Gnabry has just cancelled his contract and is a free agent, would be fantastic, had an unbelievable season in the bundesliga

He'll be off to Hoffenheim probably- wants to play CL football.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 16:36 - Jun 9 with 4146 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Jan Kirchhoff available on a free now
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 4085 viewsjackjackjackjack

Monk supposedly wants to take Bartley to Middlesbrough.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:38 - Jun 9 with 3940 viewsjackjackjackjack

Besiktas are interested in Llorente.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:40 - Jun 9 with 3897 viewsPorthcawlswan

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 22:38 - Jun 9 by jackjackjackjack

Besiktas are interested in Llorente.

Can't see llorente going there, although out of him and siggy I still feel llorente is the more likely to leave
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:50 - Jun 10 with 3698 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Reports online saying we haven't bid for arias, no surprise there, huws probably still on holiday
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 11:21 - Jun 10 with 3663 viewsDyfnant

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:51 - Jun 8 by 34dfgdf54

Get the fee agreed and I'll pick him up whenever, sooner the better because of rush hour traffic on M5 etc.

I'll follow you in case you breakdown

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:44 - Jun 10 with 3583 viewssnork44

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 10:50 - Jun 10 by exiledinenglandjack

Reports online saying we haven't bid for arias, no surprise there, huws probably still on holiday

Clement has finally found out what Hubert is like on the close season break as the big nosed moron goes on his month long siesta with his Nokia turned off. When he comes back it will a £5 million punt here, possibly an £8 million piece of investment there and if things go seriously tits up we spunk £18 million on a reserve striker from the Juventus youth academy that has played four first team games, but has scored ten times in the Serie A reserve league.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2017 13:49]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:53 - Jun 10 with 3560 viewsmax936

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 07:43 - Jun 8 by exiledinenglandjack

Bloody hell, I like Corky as a player for his workrate, but that's about it, but I must be missing something if Pulis is willing to pay 8 million for him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:58 - Jun 10 with 3267 viewsDyfnant

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 12:53 - Jun 10 by max936

Bloody hell, I like Corky as a player for his workrate, but that's about it, but I must be missing something if Pulis is willing to pay 8 million for him.

Pulis pays 100k an inch

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 00:01 - Jun 11 with 3263 viewsPozuelosSideys

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 23:58 - Jun 10 by Dyfnant

Pulis pays 100k an inch

Filth

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 19:29 - Jun 12 with 3004 viewsswan_si

Besiktas in for Llorente, chance to play CL football next year.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 20:34 - Jun 12 with 2904 viewsmajorraglan

The attraction of a Champions League football is huge, but given what s been going on in Turkey I am not sure if I would want to swap Swansea for Istanbul.
Kirky's Transfer Rumour Mill Thread on 21:46 - Jun 12 with 2763 viewsexiledinenglandjack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4595582/Man-Utd-Man-City-Liver

Not sending any scouts to the u21 tournament in Poland supposedly. Interesting considering Alfie's playing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024