Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement doesn't see "major change" either 07:17 - May 16 with 6112 viewsDr_Winston

That might confuse a lot of people. He's right though.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-clement-set-talks

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:24 - May 16 with 4034 viewsMrSwerve

I don't think we do need major change. Bringing in Caroll, Ayew and Olssen in in January certainly helped. If we ship out the obvious (Tabanou for example) and bring in 1 or 2 quality players, I'd be happy.

The main aim will be to keep hold of Siggy and Llorente. I wonder if we'll try and offload Borja...pointless having him on the bench all season again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:26 - May 16 with 4023 viewsDr_Winston

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:24 - May 16 by MrSwerve

I don't think we do need major change. Bringing in Caroll, Ayew and Olssen in in January certainly helped. If we ship out the obvious (Tabanou for example) and bring in 1 or 2 quality players, I'd be happy.

The main aim will be to keep hold of Siggy and Llorente. I wonder if we'll try and offload Borja...pointless having him on the bench all season again.

Borja's probably better off moving on for his own sake. If we're going to be set piece masters again next year then it's pointless for all parties him being here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:30 - May 16 with 3999 viewscostalotta

Perhaps not massive change but definitely needs improving and strengthening in certain areas. We also have some deadwood to get rid off which will help raise some cash, not a lot. I'm guessing, and perhaps realistically who we will want out will be something along the lines of...

Gomis, Baston, Barrow, Bartley, Montero.

We may end up loosing siggy and llorente.
Clement doesn't see on 07:37 - May 16 with 3971 viewsAnotherJohn

I was looking at the True Geordie's latest Youtube offering. I don't listen to him often but thought he has it spot on when he said something like: 'If I was Swansea I'd be worried about the teams coming up. Brighton and us aren't going to get relegated. If they want to stay up they've got to invest'.

Form in the final few games, when some teams are up for it and others aren't, is hard to assess. I'd say we need: a replacement for Leon, competition for Naughton, another central forward (if PC doesn't fancy giving Gomis a try), a clear-out of wingers and one decent one brought in, ditto for centre backs with only Mawson and FF certain of staying, and ideally a creative midfielder. And that is assuming that GS and FL stay.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 8:20]
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:49 - May 16 with 3918 viewscostalotta

Clement doesn't see on 07:37 - May 16 by AnotherJohn

I was looking at the True Geordie's latest Youtube offering. I don't listen to him often but thought he has it spot on when he said something like: 'If I was Swansea I'd be worried about the teams coming up. Brighton and us aren't going to get relegated. If they want to stay up they've got to invest'.

Form in the final few games, when some teams are up for it and others aren't, is hard to assess. I'd say we need: a replacement for Leon, competition for Naughton, another central forward (if PC doesn't fancy giving Gomis a try), a clear-out of wingers and one decent one brought in, ditto for centre backs with only Mawson and FF certain of staying, and ideally a creative midfielder. And that is assuming that GS and FL stay.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 8:20]

He's a comedian. Put him on ignore.

We may well end up below Brighton and Newcastle next season but let's see how the summer pans out. typically a Newcastle fan making loud and over the top predications which usually is just a load of boll cks. Most likely same as usual from him.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 08:00 - May 16 with 3861 viewsAl_Bundy

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:49 - May 16 by costalotta

We may well end up below Brighton and Newcastle next season but let's see how the summer pans out. typically a Newcastle fan making loud and over the top predications which usually is just a load of boll cks. Most likely same as usual from him.

Nothing special about Brighton.. Boro looked more solid than them in the Championship and I would rather have Clement and a squad of 6 years prem experience than Brighton's current quad with Houghton in charge who has never succeeded in the prem.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 08:16 - May 16 with 3801 viewsUxbridge

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:26 - May 16 by Dr_Winston

Borja's probably better off moving on for his own sake. If we're going to be set piece masters again next year then it's pointless for all parties him being here.

Aye, it depends on how you look at it.

Personally I'd prefer a summer where we see a relatively high number of changes and a change of playing style too. Not a fan of the set piece approach. Would be nice to get back to something approximating a passing game. However, if that isn't the case, then the changes needed are less. Still think we need a replacement for leon and wide players too, plus another striker.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 08:36 - May 16 with 3709 viewssP7qupUf

I'd like to see quite a clear out which will free up wages to invest in a few good signings. I really think we lack genuine pace all over the park, particularly going forward.

Gomis, Tabanou, Emnes, Grimes, Barrow, Montero, Dyer, Amat, Bartley are the main "senior" players who really should be moved on. Could argue you could go further if we are really to improve i.e. Ki, Fulton. Also, some of the younger players out on loan have not pulled up trees i.e. Shepherd, Gorre. I really do not see the point of keeping them as they will not gut it at the top and we do not need to waste money as we did for years with Daniel Alfie who is now at Aberystwyth Town.

Won't happen will it?
Login to get fewer ads

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 08:48 - May 16 with 3641 viewsperchrockjack

We do.

Jenkins should go

Brighton will struggle as will Newcastle, Rafa or not because Ashley won't chuck money around

Fulham will ,sadly, make play offs and go straight back

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 08:52 - May 16 with 3616 viewsGriffting

It depends on what system Clement wants to play. If it's the current system, 1 or 2 real quality additions without losing anyone would be fine.
If he wants to play with wide men, I think it's a case of 4 first team additions without losing anyone needed to compete at a good level.
Half the team first team has changed since this time last year, it's always risky to have too many changes in a short period of time, but we do need some creativity in attack, in my opinion. Someone who will carry the ball from deep and pick a pass in the final third.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:04 - May 16 with 3562 viewsyescomeon

Baston could do a job as the second striker in the diamond I recon. Wouldn't give a feck if he was sold though.

Upthecity!

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:09 - May 16 with 3539 viewsswanjackal

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:04 - May 16 by yescomeon

Baston could do a job as the second striker in the diamond I recon. Wouldn't give a feck if he was sold though.

From this season's showing, the only time I see Baston getting action inside a Diamond, is if Anne dropped her Primark specials and presented her "bacon sandwich" inches from him, then I still would have my doubts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:26 - May 16 with 3458 viewsandypitt56

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:09 - May 16 by swanjackal

From this season's showing, the only time I see Baston getting action inside a Diamond, is if Anne dropped her Primark specials and presented her "bacon sandwich" inches from him, then I still would have my doubts.

Our achilies heel has always been set pieces. Somehow paul clement has put a stop to that,

I still think we will see 3-4 new players come in, and probably move on Gomis, tabanu, bartley, montero, nordfielt. We have a few out of contract as well, emnes and tremmel i think has moved into coaching because im sure i keep seeing him on the bench.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:32 - May 16 with 3431 viewsLeonWasGod

We don't need major changes. That's not the problem - people are more p1ssed off that it doesn't appear that lessons have been learnt. It looks very much like we'll be prepared to let ket players go and attempt to replace them on the cheap again.

Huw needs to be honest about it - he got away with it this year. They took their eye off the ball over the summer whilst counting their windfall. The Ash and Ayew debacle was just a joke and we all know it. You can't rip out the heart of the team and your top goalscorer and think that's good planning.

If Siggy and Llorent go he HAS to buy some quality, or we're just going the same way as Villa/Sunderland. Without them two this year we'd probably be clear bottom.

Of course there's lots of time for things to happen over the summer yet. So we'll see. It was a very insipid uninspiring interview though.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:32 - May 16 with 3428 viewsJango

I'd like to see more players go out than in. We could get rid of around 8 squad players who have contributed next to nothing this season and put the wages towards 3 or 4 players who will be first team players. Then we can start being 1 or 2 youth players through as well
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:39 - May 16 with 3394 viewsTheResurrection

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:32 - May 16 by LeonWasGod

We don't need major changes. That's not the problem - people are more p1ssed off that it doesn't appear that lessons have been learnt. It looks very much like we'll be prepared to let ket players go and attempt to replace them on the cheap again.

Huw needs to be honest about it - he got away with it this year. They took their eye off the ball over the summer whilst counting their windfall. The Ash and Ayew debacle was just a joke and we all know it. You can't rip out the heart of the team and your top goalscorer and think that's good planning.

If Siggy and Llorent go he HAS to buy some quality, or we're just going the same way as Villa/Sunderland. Without them two this year we'd probably be clear bottom.

Of course there's lots of time for things to happen over the summer yet. So we'll see. It was a very insipid uninspiring interview though.

Rubbish. Getting rid of Williams and Andre Ayew was the right thing to do.

One was replaced by a younger, better player who I doubt anyone would swap back for Ash, and the other we replaced with a £15m Striker. OK that didn't come off but it was the right thing to do as Ayew was a real problem last season with a crap attitude.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:48 - May 16 with 3359 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 08:16 - May 16 by Uxbridge

Aye, it depends on how you look at it.

Personally I'd prefer a summer where we see a relatively high number of changes and a change of playing style too. Not a fan of the set piece approach. Would be nice to get back to something approximating a passing game. However, if that isn't the case, then the changes needed are less. Still think we need a replacement for leon and wide players too, plus another striker.

Given our shortage of decent wingers (bar Ayew) what if we go balls out for a superb right wing back , another CB (Chico please!) and a CDM and play 3-5-2 . We could bring Gomis back and have a rotating 3 of Gomis, Llorente and Borja (if both stay). We may actually see Borja as a decent striker then rather than a fish out of water.

Could be exciting to watch!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Clement doesn't see on 09:56 - May 16 with 3323 viewsjack247

The first eleven doesn't need major changes if we keep hold of them all. I was up for selling either Siggy or Llorente until we started playing with the diamond and Ayew, now I'd be happy with that eleven, though pre-booking one of our substitutions for Leon is a bit of a worry.

I think the squad needs a lot of work though. Which players outside the starting eleven would people be happy with if they had to play 6 or 8 games on the trot? Fulton, Routledge, Cork, Amat, Narsingh arguably.

Even if we manage to keep Llorente, I wouldn't be comfortable with Gomis and/or Baston as backups.

Clement seems to stick to his favoured team (once he has established it) rigidly. I'm not sure if that is for continuity, or he just doesn't rate quite a few of our squad.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:59 - May 16 with 3309 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:39 - May 16 by TheResurrection

Rubbish. Getting rid of Williams and Andre Ayew was the right thing to do.

One was replaced by a younger, better player who I doubt anyone would swap back for Ash, and the other we replaced with a £15m Striker. OK that didn't come off but it was the right thing to do as Ayew was a real problem last season with a crap attitude.

Proof is in the rubbish season. It's undeniable we had a shocking transfer window last season.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:06 - May 16 with 3277 viewsKerouac

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:32 - May 16 by Jango

I'd like to see more players go out than in. We could get rid of around 8 squad players who have contributed next to nothing this season and put the wages towards 3 or 4 players who will be first team players. Then we can start being 1 or 2 youth players through as well

I agree.
This seemed to be Laudrup's philosophy also.
A smaller, higher quality squad, with an opportunity for some youngsters to make the bench if we have an injury crisis.

The way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:08 - May 16 with 3262 viewsPozuelosSideys

So a few people saying we dont need an overhaul of the squad and that we should be looking to move on Gylfi and Llorente. I can see the logic in what they are saying - bring some cash in and look to use that on "ball players".

Id love to see that, but itd be a bold move. We wont recoup half of what we spent on Baston, and i suspect the likes of Ki wouldnt gain us much cash. Llorente only has a year left on his contract too, so wouldnt get anywhere ear £10m. We'd be hugely reliant on bringing in a wedge from the sale of Gylfi.

My worry there is look at our stats this year:

Two top scorers - Llorente with 14 and Gylfi with 9. After that is Fer with 6 and Mawson (ffs) with 4.

Two top assists: Gylfi with 13 and err, Ayew with 3.

Take those two players away and we are fcked. We wont learn from last year when we stripped Gomis and Ayew out of the squad. People like stats, those two are damning.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:17 - May 16 with 3234 viewsDafyddHuw

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 07:49 - May 16 by costalotta

Nah. He may be a comedian, but the True Geordie knows his shit.
Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:26 - May 16 with 3210 viewsUxbridge

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 09:48 - May 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Given our shortage of decent wingers (bar Ayew) what if we go balls out for a superb right wing back , another CB (Chico please!) and a CDM and play 3-5-2 . We could bring Gomis back and have a rotating 3 of Gomis, Llorente and Borja (if both stay). We may actually see Borja as a decent striker then rather than a fish out of water.

Could be exciting to watch!

Could be mildly terrifying

The CB position is one of interest. I've long been a fan of Amat but he looked a busted flush this season. How much of that is down to mismanagement (Mawson didn't look much better) is another question.

All comes back to the midfield for me though. We've never successfully managed to replace Leon and the likes of Ki and Cork haven't cut the mustard in recent times. May see some movement here.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:29 - May 16 with 3189 viewsswanjackal

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:26 - May 16 by Uxbridge

The CB position is one of interest. I've long been a fan of Amat but he looked a busted flush this season. How much of that is down to mismanagement (Mawson didn't look much better) is another question.

All comes back to the midfield for me though. We've never successfully managed to replace Leon and the likes of Ki and Cork haven't cut the mustard in recent times. May see some movement here.

I've always felt that Leon Britton's replacement would eventually be Liam Bridcutt. I see a lot of similarities in their play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:29 - May 16 with 3189 viewsWarwickHunt

Clement doesn't see "major change" either on 10:26 - May 16 by Uxbridge

I'd persevere with Amat. There's a decent player in there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024