Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour manifesto - discuss 12:29 - May 16 with 13108 viewsLegend83

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

- Raping business which will just regressively impact the poor he is supposedly saving
- Un-funded intention to nationalise rail and utilities ("oh, we'll just borrow")
- Income tax hike on £80k plus earners (conveniently above the wage of an MP)
- Ministry of Labour (very Orwellian)
- Nationalisation of Royal Mail...how if it is a publicly owned entity? State appropriation??
- Billions for this, that and the other
- £46.8bn of taxes raised!
Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:35 - May 16 with 1538 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:25 - May 16 by Ebo

Who you voting for Phil?

Two way contest so voting tactically against Zac Goldsmith.

Vowed I'd never vote for the Lib Dems again after the coalition but...
Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:53 - May 16 with 1524 viewsEbo

Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:35 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

Two way contest so voting tactically against Zac Goldsmith.

Vowed I'd never vote for the Lib Dems again after the coalition but...

I think the libs are a basket case to be fair, Trust went after they jumped into bed with the cons.

Might go for these though https://www.omrlp.com/

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:55 - May 16 with 1523 viewsburty

another torie dimwit :(
Labour manifesto - discuss on 02:44 - May 17 with 1501 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 15:21 - May 16 by FieryJack

Perch, it's about time you were disabused of the notion that the "vermin" tag for Tories came from someone on here.

It came from a famous speech made by your esteemed compatriot, Aneurin Bevan, a speech delivered in Manchester 2 days before he introduced the NHS to this country in 1948.

It's a lovely piece of oratory, and it's worth quoting here.

"What is Toryism but organised spivvery? No amount of cajolery can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory party...so far as I'm concerned they are lower than vermin."

Fabulous stuff, Perchy, I'm sure you'll agree. I suggest you print it out, frame it, and hang it above your fireplace.

Amazes me that people like you support a party which was implacably opposed to the introduction of the NHS and Welfare State after the war, just as they were opposed to the introduction of the minimum wage in the 1990s.

If you're so upset by the "vermin" tag, perhaps us Lefties should adopt the "organised spivs" one instead.

But don't worry son, I'm sure that the Spivs will win on June 8, because the Scum newspaper has decided that they will - and they always back the winner, and have done for decades. The Scum effectively stopped the "Welsh Windbag" from being elected PM and I've no doubt they'll effectively prevent Corbyn as well.

You couldn't fu**in make it up: Spiv Party elected to power once again with the backing of the Scum newspaper.

Amazes me that people like you support a party which was implacably opposed to the introduction of the NHS and Welfare State after the war, just as they were opposed to the introduction of the minimum wage in the 1990s.

You forgot the Factory Acts, which went on to become the Health and Safety at work Act.

And universal suffrage.

Tories didn't like safety at work which might cost rich people money. Or working people voting.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 02:48 - May 17 with 1500 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 16:11 - May 16 by perchrockjack

Fiery.
Just hold up there son

First ,never assume anything of me. Got that. I'm a free man . I have no political beasts of burden .

Bevan ...hmm. Despised by many though

National health service..?

Only one in the world ? How do other countries manage

You forget I'm probably older than you and seen the massive lies Labour politicians have spouted over many years .Many years.. Jesus, they closed pits and steelworks too while Tony Benn was in charge of those pretty stamps we used to buy

So....vermin.Well it was brought on to this site day Dave Hugh ,questioned by me then repeated only this time proclaiming all ALL who didn't note Labour but Tory were vermin.

I'm not one to forget filth like that aimed at good people who are deemed demons by the likes of you.

So, one party state.Well Jez loved the Communist ones as did McDinnell so I've every right to comment as I see fit

It's democracy.

Pity really innit

Richard.

Who has proposed we have a one party state?

I haven't seen anyone mention it. Other than you.

Also, do you know what a straw man is?
Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:03 - May 17 with 1499 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 17:06 - May 16 by MrSwansea

How can you hate an official party for something they did 69 years ago and 27 years ago. Parties have changed.

Because most thinking people people can see a pattern.

Universal suffrage, the Factorys Act, NHS and the welfare state, the minimum wage, and many other things.

Can you see the pattern?

The Tories have been against every major step that has helped the working man or woman throughout their history.

If the Tories had had their way you would not be able to vote, you would work in dangerous conditions with no recompense if you have a terrible accident or die at work, you would have to pay money you couldn't afford if your family had a serious illness, ie you would die, you would starve if you were not working and you'd be paid peanuts if you were.

History has told us that. The Tories tried to stop all the things that made what I just said impossible.

Now do you see the pattern?
[Post edited 17 May 2017 3:25]
Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:17 - May 17 with 1496 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 19:50 - May 16 by blueytheblue

LMAO.

Abbott makes a "slip of a figure" say some Labourites - ignoring the fact she gave 4 different numbers of police to be added with 3 different costs.

McDonnell when asked a very simple question blustered, stalled for time then gave the incorrect number.

That according to Labourites is on a par with May saying "tourism" rather than "terrorism".

Can tell they are scraping the barrel for excuses...

You mentioned everything there Bluey apart from the fact that Phil Hammond increased NI in his first budget. Only for Theresa May to reverse the decision a week later when she had a bit of stick for it. Thus making Hammond look a right c*nt, despite the fact that she knew he was going to do so at the time.

You didn't mention that bit of the conversation you were having with Jango though.

Why?
Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:20 - May 17 with 1496 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 20:15 - May 16 by WarwickHunt

I loathe May but there's a difference between a slip of the tongue and being fûcking clueless about something that's crucial to one of the most important jobs in government.

Fûck me - I'm agreeing with Bluey. Corbyn - you utter bástard...

And Warwick has forgotten it too.

The NI that people have to pay is quite important Warwick.

Why did you forget that bit? Like Bluey did?
Login to get fewer ads

Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:52 - May 17 with 1481 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Corbyn made a new friend. Unfortunately his new friend is an anti-Semite and promotes rape. How desperate must Jeremy be to associate himself with such a vile man? Awful.

[Post edited 17 May 2017 4:21]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 04:02 - May 17 with 1478 viewsHumpty

Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:52 - May 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Corbyn made a new friend. Unfortunately his new friend is an anti-Semite and promotes rape. How desperate must Jeremy be to associate himself with such a vile man? Awful.

Is the vile really his friend?
Labour manifesto - discuss on 04:25 - May 17 with 1469 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Labour manifesto - discuss on 04:02 - May 17 by Humpty

Is the vile really his friend?

Maybe Jackie Walker introduced them to each other?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Labour manifesto - discuss on 07:35 - May 17 with 1445 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:52 - May 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The guy has got 700k followers on twitter, why not try to reach out to people through him. I'd say it's you that's getting desperate.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 07:55 - May 17 with 1436 viewsepaul

What's not to like

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:51 - May 17 with 1426 viewsraynor94

Labour manifesto - discuss on 07:55 - May 17 by epaul

What's not to like

Sounds great, how's it going to be paid for, even the IFS are predicting a 30 billion blackhole, and Labour raising the tax burden to its highest level since the forties, my fear is this is a gift for the Tories

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:58 - May 17 with 1423 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:17 - May 17 by Humpty

You mentioned everything there Bluey apart from the fact that Phil Hammond increased NI in his first budget. Only for Theresa May to reverse the decision a week later when she had a bit of stick for it. Thus making Hammond look a right c*nt, despite the fact that she knew he was going to do so at the time.

You didn't mention that bit of the conversation you were having with Jango though.

Why?

Mentioned later - did you conveniently ignore that?

It's utter desparation on your part to make them morally equivalent.

Labour have yelled from the rooftops everything is costed. Abbott's mathematical wizardry, McDonnnell not knowing the deficit and Burgon now whining about being asked simple questions, not committing to when tuition fees would be removed...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:59 - May 17 with 1421 viewsblueytheblue

Labour manifesto - discuss on 07:35 - May 17 by Jango

The guy has got 700k followers on twitter, why not try to reach out to people through him. I'd say it's you that's getting desperate.

Yay!

Just what Labour need, the rapey anti-semitic vote.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:11 - May 17 with 1405 viewsPegojack

Waiting for this General Election is like waiting for a European Cup Final between Barcelona and Hartlepool United.

FFS let's just get it over with.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:25 - May 17 with 1400 viewsJack_Meoff

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:51 - May 17 by raynor94

Sounds great, how's it going to be paid for, even the IFS are predicting a 30 billion blackhole, and Labour raising the tax burden to its highest level since the forties, my fear is this is a gift for the Tories

Think longer term rayns. Our collective infrastructure and utilities, benefiting the whole country rather than a small number of people.

The Tories will continue to sell off any asset we own. That's what they do. There'll be more misery for the disabled, more cuts in corporation tax.

The Tories even trying to promote themselves in any way a party for the working person is beyond parody. Just look at their record.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:29 - May 17 with 1395 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:58 - May 17 by blueytheblue

Labour have yelled from the rooftops everything is costed. Abbott's mathematical wizardry, McDonnnell not knowing the deficit and Burgon now whining about being asked simple questions, not committing to when tuition fees would be removed...

You've also chose to ignore on the other thread the interview which shows that the tories dont even know if they'll be raising the minimum wage to £9 even though they've said they will. Theresa May makes a habit of saying one thing knowing full well she'll do the total opposite.
Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:35 - May 17 with 1388 viewsJango

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:59 - May 17 by blueytheblue

Yay!

Just what Labour need, the rapey anti-semitic vote.

I have no idea who he is but he seems to be quite successful in what he does. He's obviously young and sharing or retweeting innapropriate jokes may not be the best thing to do but let's not pretend 99% of youngsters these days are guilty of such naivity. To label him rapey or anti - Semitic for posting jokes we've all heard a thousand times just makes you a shallow person, like the majority of the Tory party as it happens
Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:35 - May 17 with 1388 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour manifesto - discuss on 23:55 - May 16 by burty

another torie dimwit :(

Not exactly a good idea to call someone a dimwit when you can't even spell the word Tory...
Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:43 - May 17 with 1378 viewsperchrockjack

That apply to Tory voters ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Labour manifesto - discuss on 09:53 - May 17 with 1369 viewsWarwickHunt

Labour manifesto - discuss on 03:20 - May 17 by Humpty

And Warwick has forgotten it too.

The NI that people have to pay is quite important Warwick.

Why did you forget that bit? Like Bluey did?

What did I forget about NI? I was referring to McDonnell not knowing what the deficit was. Pretty fücking basic for the shadow chancellor...

Nick Robinson asked: "What is Britain’s deficit at the moment, Mr McDonnell?"

He replied: “If I can say to you…If I can say to you that what’s happened as well in terms of day to day expenditure, we need the investment… we need the investment… we need the investment…”

The BBC presenter repeated the question, and the Shadow Chancellor paused and stuttered again, and ruffling could be heard.

Challenging him, Mr Robinson asked: "Is somebody passing you a piece of paper?"

Mr McDonnell laughed, replying "Not at all".

Nick Robinson was sceptical about his response, saying: "Just sounded like there was a piece of paper being handed across".

John McDonnell was finally able to answer the question, saying: "The deficit at the moment is £68-£70bn".

Nick Robinson said: "I think you’re being a bit too kind… It’s £52 billion."
Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:02 - May 17 with 1359 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:51 - May 17 by raynor94

You want the same old same old Rays?
Strong & stable

Getting our public services cut for another 5 years.

Or you want change

Here's a short stat

Under Labour
Earning £100k a year, you'll pay £1k a year more in tax

Your child going to Uni they'll save £80k in fees/interest

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour manifesto - discuss on 10:04 - May 17 with 1359 viewswaynekerr55

Labour manifesto - discuss on 08:58 - May 17 by blueytheblue

On a tangent, one of my mates hypothesised that Abbott's numerical faux pas could be the result of something such as diabetes. She apparently did an interview on R4 just before LBC and she was perfectly coherent, yet she turned into a babbling mess on LBC. Could be a good shout, as we both worked with someone who had type 1 and he used to zone out.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024