Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy 23:48 - May 17 with 15934 viewsGriffting

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39956535

It's interesting. Personally I think there might be a bid 'too good' for the club to turn down in the summer. The resolve will certainly be tested with concerns to gylfi. If we could get 1 more year of service i think it will benefit us and not do too much harm to his progression.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 23:56]
Siggy on 08:00 - May 18 with 2261 viewsjack247

Some very mixed messages in there. I'm honestly not sure if he wants to stay, is having a pop at the board or it's a come and get me plea
Siggy on 08:07 - May 18 with 2242 viewsmax936

Siggy on 07:26 - May 18 by magicdaps10

This is brilliant.
Jenkins comes out and states that players who want to stay will stay, those words from Siggy however true they are......states he wants to stay.

I bet Huw was exploding inside when Gylfi came out and said those words especially "its down to the board"

Have some of that Huw!

PS- Oh yeah huw, do us a favour....fook off.

When Jenkins said that we needed outside investment, what he really meant was that him and his vipers needed investment to increase their wealth, we shouldn't believe a word he ever says again, I hope his wealth brings nothing but heartache, fuk him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Siggy on 08:16 - May 18 with 2219 viewsJethroJack

Siggy on 07:39 - May 18 by TheResurrection

If Siggy is trying to blackmail the Club and blag another £10/£20k a week from us then he needs a massive kick up the arse and got shot of.

He's on more than Lukaku and 3/4 of the Arsenal and Liverpool squads.

He's not worth it.

CLOWN
Siggy on 08:23 - May 18 with 2190 viewsmonmouth

Siggy on 08:00 - May 18 by jack247

Some very mixed messages in there. I'm honestly not sure if he wants to stay, is having a pop at the board or it's a come and get me plea

I read it as an insurance policy wrapped in a speculative marketing message. If a club comes in with an offer the board accepts, it's not his fault for wanting out, stays a hero and gets a loyalty bonus from us when leaving. If, and this is the speculative marketing bit, a top 6 club (very unlikely) or high profile overseas club comes in because he keeps his press profile bubbling, but it's 'well I was happy at Swansea but this is too good to turn down. In the meantime, his agent will be working overtime to engineer offers that he thinks the board will accept, because that's what they do for their income.In parallel he will be looking for yet another improved contract/staying bonus for his client, hence the praise for Paul Clement (which he might actually mean, but wasn't Siggy the one that said things had improved in training under Boobley?).

Of course it could just be he's telling the truth as he sees it and his agent is sat at home with his feet up. In which case he is like no other player in the history of the premier league money grasping circus. Possible.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, and particularly how the Conkmeister General handles it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Siggy on 08:24 - May 18 with 2189 viewsGriffting

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gylfi-sigurdsson-insis

Bit more of the interview here.
Siggy on 08:30 - May 18 with 2170 viewsLeonWasGod

Has stayed with is despite regular interest and links, repeatedly said he doesn't want to leave, implied he regretted Spurs move, has said he likes playing regularly and being a big fish in a smaller pond.

Never say never in football, but sometimes things can be what they seem.
Siggy on 08:37 - May 18 with 2155 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 08:00 - May 18 by KGriz16

You have got issues. Let it go son. You're worse than an ex

Have you ever had a girlfriend?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy on 08:39 - May 18 with 2148 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 08:00 - May 18 by jack247

You are a bloody good poster and I respect your opinion even when I've argued with you.

Fair play.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy on 08:44 - May 18 with 2133 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 08:23 - May 18 by monmouth

I read it as an insurance policy wrapped in a speculative marketing message. If a club comes in with an offer the board accepts, it's not his fault for wanting out, stays a hero and gets a loyalty bonus from us when leaving. If, and this is the speculative marketing bit, a top 6 club (very unlikely) or high profile overseas club comes in because he keeps his press profile bubbling, but it's 'well I was happy at Swansea but this is too good to turn down. In the meantime, his agent will be working overtime to engineer offers that he thinks the board will accept, because that's what they do for their income.In parallel he will be looking for yet another improved contract/staying bonus for his client, hence the praise for Paul Clement (which he might actually mean, but wasn't Siggy the one that said things had improved in training under Boobley?).

Of course it could just be he's telling the truth as he sees it and his agent is sat at home with his feet up. In which case he is like no other player in the history of the premier league money grasping circus. Possible.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, and particularly how the Conkmeister General handles it.

Haha. Brilliant Monmouth and spot on.

Siggy on 08:45 - May 18 with 2125 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 08:30 - May 18 by LeonWasGod

Has stayed with is despite regular interest and links, repeatedly said he doesn't want to leave, implied he regretted Spurs move, has said he likes playing regularly and being a big fish in a smaller pond.

Never say never in football, but sometimes things can be what they seem.

OMG

Siggy on 08:52 - May 18 with 2099 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is resurrection a Cardiff fan? He only ever seems to post Anti Swansea rubbish on here.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 8:53]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Siggy on 08:59 - May 18 with 2068 viewswestwalesed

Siggy on 07:39 - May 18 by TheResurrection

If Siggy is trying to blackmail the Club and blag another £10/£20k a week from us then he needs a massive kick up the arse and got shot of.

He's on more than Lukaku and 3/4 of the Arsenal and Liverpool squads.

He's not worth it.

Staggering post.

Do you honestly think we would still be in the Premiership if he'd been sold in January?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Siggy on 09:10 - May 18 with 2044 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 23:57 - May 17 by JethroJack

If we end up selling Siggy after he said this, the Board should be lined up in front of a firing squad.

He has been clever, it may well be true, but he knows if he goes the fans will blame the board and not him. IMO he has earned a move anyway, if a top team comes in for him.
Siggy on 09:15 - May 18 with 2029 viewsSTID2017

Siggy on 07:41 - May 18 by TheResurrection

First post that's made sense on this thread.

I assume you're including your own under the ones that make no sense then ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy on 09:19 - May 18 with 2013 viewsSTID2017

Do you honestly think we would still be in the Premiership if he'd been sold in January?
Somebody asked that earlier - what's your straight answer Res ?

Siggy on 09:36 - May 18 with 1977 viewspencoedjack

In some football pundits team of the year even though he was playing in an awful side with an awful manager for a good part of the season

Players player of the year

Fans player of the year

Hope the res is recycling the same posts for years to come.
Siggy on 09:46 - May 18 with 1954 viewsSTID2017

Siggy on 09:36 - May 18 by pencoedjack

In some football pundits team of the year even though he was playing in an awful side with an awful manager for a good part of the season

Players player of the year

Fans player of the year

Hope the res is recycling the same posts for years to come.

Registration is over - The Res is in first lesson now ...

Siggy on 09:55 - May 18 with 1944 viewsjohnlangy

Siggy on 00:07 - May 18 by JackDownUnder

Wish some of the fans who post on this site could be half as decent and loyal as Siggy portrayed himself in that interview.

If Swansea find themselves in trouble at the end of next season and Siggy has been sold then the blame can only be laid at the feet of our owners. Nice one Siggy, the rest of the squad should come out and say the same thing, start playing for the love of the game not the money that swamps the world these days.

Correct.

Build the team around him as has been said before. We'll get a substantial amount of money in this summer from the sale of players we want to go. So use that to strengthen the team.
Siggy on 10:01 - May 18 with 1926 viewsheadcleaner

to suggest that we'd be just as good without siggy in this team would be utter folly. His assists and goals are pretty much what kept us up. sure he's no Gareth Bale or messi but for a team like ours he's as good as we can ever get other than a home grown legend.

If he's being judged over the season the same as the other players then sadly the Res needs help but by Siggys standards after the euros he was slow to get going and didn't start effecting results until way after crimbo but it would be fair to say that our run in was pretty much down to him leon and llorente.

£40 mill and hes gone we couldn't resist such a fee but knowing our club he'll go for half that and to suggest he's on over 80K again I'd be amazed if that was even remotely true just wishful thinking when players like courtiniho at liverpool was on 50K until his recent contract
Siggy on 10:23 - May 18 with 1893 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 10:01 - May 18 by headcleaner

to suggest that we'd be just as good without siggy in this team would be utter folly. His assists and goals are pretty much what kept us up. sure he's no Gareth Bale or messi but for a team like ours he's as good as we can ever get other than a home grown legend.

If he's being judged over the season the same as the other players then sadly the Res needs help but by Siggys standards after the euros he was slow to get going and didn't start effecting results until way after crimbo but it would be fair to say that our run in was pretty much down to him leon and llorente.

£40 mill and hes gone we couldn't resist such a fee but knowing our club he'll go for half that and to suggest he's on over 80K again I'd be amazed if that was even remotely true just wishful thinking when players like courtiniho at liverpool was on 50K until his recent contract

£40m are you for facking real???

We should snap Stoke's hand off for anything more than £15m.

[Post edited 18 May 2017 10:26]

Siggy on 10:29 - May 18 with 1873 viewsandypitt56

Siggy on 10:23 - May 18 by TheResurrection

I hope you are being sarcastic if you think sigurdsson is only worth 15m? what on earth are you smoking. We got 12m for shelvey, he is half the player of sigurdsson with a bad attitude. You need your brain checked
Siggy on 10:29 - May 18 with 1873 viewsSTID2017

Siggy on 10:23 - May 18 by TheResurrection

Siggy on 10:32 - May 18 with 1864 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 10:29 - May 18 by andypitt56

I hope you are being sarcastic if you think sigurdsson is only worth 15m? what on earth are you smoking. We got 12m for shelvey, he is half the player of sigurdsson with a bad attitude. You need your brain checked

Shelvey, for all his faults could make a few assists and through balls in OPEN PLAY. He's also made it to English squads. No offence but Siggy would never be looked at for England.

Siggy on 10:37 - May 18 with 1845 viewscrtz

Siggy on 10:32 - May 18 by TheResurrection

Shelvey, for all his faults could make a few assists and through balls in OPEN PLAY. He's also made it to English squads. No offence but Siggy would never be looked at for England.

You do realize Siggy was one of the players that sent England tumbling out of the Euros?
Siggy on 10:47 - May 18 with 2369 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 10:37 - May 18 by crtz

You do realize Siggy was one of the players that sent England tumbling out of the Euros?

So Iceland are a better side ??

Are you serious here???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024