Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory manifesto - discuss 07:38 - May 18 with 16294 viewsepaul

To end free school meals for infants, for some it's the only hot meal they get, dispicable scum

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:16 - May 19 with 1406 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

F@ck my eyes

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:18 - May 19 with 1405 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:12 - May 19 by exiledclaseboy

The LibDem position on Brexit is clearly the most sensible. Do the negotiations then put the result to the people. Why some see this as undemocratic is beyond me. Last year's vote wasn't decisive and most referendums which could result in such a nation changing constitutional change would normally be subject to some kind of threshold not just a simple majority. The way the referendum was called and conducted and the manner in which the aftermath has been handled are acts of almost treasonous incompetence.

And the people then reject it.

What then?

Have a few more years of negotiations, remaining in EU during that time? Leave under WTO tariffs?

The Lib Dem approach is nothing more than political cynicism - appeal to the Remainers, fudge things so that we can remain... and remain... and remain.

I don't believe there should be a referendum on minutae. The overarching issue, sure. There was no referendum on Maastricht ( imo a massive mistake by Major ),.so there's a precedent.

EDIT:

As for the nature of the leave/remain campaigns, no threshold etc - those were all flaws. Those flaws were because those politicos didn't expect the public to vote the way they did. All parties were out of touch in that regard.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 17:19]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:25 - May 19 with 1355 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:18 - May 19 by blueytheblue

And the people then reject it.

What then?

Have a few more years of negotiations, remaining in EU during that time? Leave under WTO tariffs?

The Lib Dem approach is nothing more than political cynicism - appeal to the Remainers, fudge things so that we can remain... and remain... and remain.

I don't believe there should be a referendum on minutae. The overarching issue, sure. There was no referendum on Maastricht ( imo a massive mistake by Major ),.so there's a precedent.

EDIT:

As for the nature of the leave/remain campaigns, no threshold etc - those were all flaws. Those flaws were because those politicos didn't expect the public to vote the way they did. All parties were out of touch in that regard.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 17:19]

It depend on the question asked. The government could either be instructed to keep the UK in the EU or return to try and negotiate a different deal. Don't forget, this could work both ways. If the government came away with a soft Brexit deal which included full and continued access to the single market but with the associated unrestricted freedom of movement we have now you can bet your old boots that there'd be howls of outrage and calls for a vote on that type of deal from most who voted for Brexit.

The LibDems' position is entirely consistent. Keep the UK in the EU.

Poll: Tory leader

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:31 - May 19 with 1350 viewsblueytheblue

Haven't EU more or less ruled out the soft Brexit approach?

Worst case a soft Brexit would be remain in all but name - which nobody would accept. It would also cost us the earth to get... no leverage at all. I just don't see that as a viable option. Either there's a deal or WTO tariffs apply. Only possible options.

Lib Dems are playing dangerous game long term. Plenty of those who voted Remain accepted the referendum result, want the best deal we can get. If the Lib Dems did get power, obfuscated that could alienate far more than just the rabid Leave brigade. Sure, you can say they've nothing to lose by doing that...

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:41 - May 19 with 1335 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:31 - May 19 by blueytheblue

Worst case a soft Brexit would be remain in all but name - which nobody would accept. It would also cost us the earth to get... no leverage at all. I just don't see that as a viable option. Either there's a deal or WTO tariffs apply. Only possible options.

Lib Dems are playing dangerous game long term. Plenty of those who voted Remain accepted the referendum result, want the best deal we can get. If the Lib Dems did get power, obfuscated that could alienate far more than just the rabid Leave brigade. Sure, you can say they've nothing to lose by doing that...

Let's be honest, no "rabid leavers" are going to be voting or have voted LibDem anyway given that they've consistently been the most enthusiastically pro -EU party for decades now.

Nobody's ruled anything out or in. Everyone is posturing.

Poll: Tory leader

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:48 - May 19 with 1324 viewsJack_Meoff

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:11 - May 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Any positives coming from this manifesto ?

Anyone ?

Fracking tommy. It's in there so we can't say we weren't warned. At least it'll be vaguely amusing to watch Daily Mail readers become indignant NIMBYs during the coming years.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:48 - May 19 with 1324 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This is exactly what the Torys want make people keep their eye's on the brexit and shovel the shit through the back door.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:05 - May 19 with 1304 viewssherpajacob

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:30 - May 19 by blueytheblue

Eh... I think a referendum was inevitable at some point. Disquiet with EU is rising across Europe, can't be ignored forever.

Cameron believed the public were behind remaining. The big fault Cameron made was believing he could negotiate with EU, get something he could sell to the electorate. The fact EU leaders were openly mocking the deal within days of Cameron returning boosted the Leave campaign - if EU can't throw a bone then, can they ever reform?

Thatcher would NEVER have held a referendum, she understood representative parliamentary democracy, even if she was an evil evil woman.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:47 - May 19 with 1274 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:48 - May 19 by Jack_Meoff

Fracking tommy. It's in there so we can't say we weren't warned. At least it'll be vaguely amusing to watch Daily Mail readers become indignant NIMBYs during the coming years.

Big positive that 😉.

What you think of the death tax Jack ?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 21:02 - May 19 with 1263 viewsHighjack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:31 - May 19 by blueytheblue

Yeah hard and soft is just PR, a 'soft' Brexit isn't Brexit. We all voted for a hard, proud, erect, throbbing Brexit but all Farron can manage is a limp, semi flaccid Brexit that you have to push in with your thumb.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 21:17 - May 19 with 1251 viewsJack_Meoff

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:47 - May 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Big positive that 😉.

What you think of the death tax Jack ?

Genius tom.

Headline - 'You Won't Need to Sell Your Home'

smallprint - 'we'll kindly allow financial instruments to siphon off equity bit by bit to pay for your ridiculously expensive (private) care, and it'll be the same sky high price whether you're in your own home or not. Then when you die we'll have your inheritance tax off you too you. Huzzah!'

'The next conservative government will continue the difficult but necessary work of restoring our public finances whilst still ensuring that we are investing for the future.'

Translates - 'More huge cuts to your public services whilst we keep selling off any asset the UK ever had at a song to our mates. Because we can. Plus less corporation tax, naturally. '

Walking round the UK today be like:

[Post edited 19 May 2017 21:29]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:18 - May 19 with 1227 viewssherpajacob

Tory manifesto abandons previous cross party support for Leveson part 2.

No surprise really when you consider, Support group for victims of phone hacking says this,

" by abandoning Leveson Part 2, Mrs May appears willing to see evidence of police corruption, of newspapers’ cover-up of widespread illegality, and of collusion between police and press swept under the carpet.”

“We know that, since the 2015 general election, senior members of the Conservative government have met newspaper editors and executives with increasing frequency. We know that Theresa May, in a 36 hour visit to New York last September, found time to visit Rupert Murdoch. We know that Mrs May has had private dinners with Paul Dacre. It appears that the Prime Minister has stitched up a calculated deal to trade the interests of the public for favourable election coverage in powerful newspapers.”

“If this pledge is carried through, there will be no effective, independent regulation of the press in this country and no access to affordable justice for victims of press abuse.

Exit:

the words of Theresa May upon her becoming Prime Minister last year,

“We remain as determined as we were when giving our evidence 6 years ago — sometimes under very difficult circumstances — to ensure that there should be no further victims of press wrongdoing, and to see effective press self-regulation in the interests of “the many and not the few”.”
[Post edited 19 May 2017 22:21]

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:24 - May 19 with 1221 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 21:17 - May 19 by Jack_Meoff

Genius tom.

Headline - 'You Won't Need to Sell Your Home'

smallprint - 'we'll kindly allow financial instruments to siphon off equity bit by bit to pay for your ridiculously expensive (private) care, and it'll be the same sky high price whether you're in your own home or not. Then when you die we'll have your inheritance tax off you too you. Huzzah!'

'The next conservative government will continue the difficult but necessary work of restoring our public finances whilst still ensuring that we are investing for the future.'

Translates - 'More huge cuts to your public services whilst we keep selling off any asset the UK ever had at a song to our mates. Because we can. Plus less corporation tax, naturally. '

Walking round the UK today be like:

[Post edited 19 May 2017 21:29]

What geniuses they are

God bless them .

People who have worked hard all their lives, saving their pensions, bought a house, paid off a mortgage — now, if they’re unlucky in the lottery of life… they’re going to lose all those savings, down to the last £100,000. What the Conservatives have done… tax people at 100%… I think this is a tax on savings, a tax on death, a tax on inheritance.

Bravo the caring party.

They'll get my vote 👍🏻

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:34 - May 19 with 1208 viewssherpajacob

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/12/conservative-tory-donor-ayman-a

Tory donor investigated by SFO

https://www.ft.com/content/43a14e59-96f5-3e95-89c3-792906e2440a

Tory manifesto to abolish SFO.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 22:36]

Tory manifesto - discuss on 00:32 - May 20 with 1175 viewsJack_Meoff

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:24 - May 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

What geniuses they are

God bless them .

People who have worked hard all their lives, saving their pensions, bought a house, paid off a mortgage — now, if they’re unlucky in the lottery of life… they’re going to lose all those savings, down to the last £100,000. What the Conservatives have done… tax people at 100%… I think this is a tax on savings, a tax on death, a tax on inheritance.

Bravo the caring party.

They'll get my vote 👍🏻

They own your every asset anyway. They always have. We've always rented this space and paid interest for the privilege. And via that, they own your soul, if you let them. And if you vote for the f*ckers, you prove yourself to not have one.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 0:37]

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:02 - May 20 with 1124 viewsdailew

Tory manifesto - discuss on 00:32 - May 20 by Jack_Meoff

They own your every asset anyway. They always have. We've always rented this space and paid interest for the privilege. And via that, they own your soul, if you let them. And if you vote for the f*ckers, you prove yourself to not have one.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 0:37]

The UK needs a revolution. Never had a proper onei.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. "
[Post edited 20 May 2017 9:04]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:46 - May 20 with 1103 viewsperchrockjack

Bloody revolution it is then

Just what we all need

Ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:59 - May 20 with 1099 viewsNogginthenog

I'm opening a pitchfork shop soon see my latest range at

Nogginspitchforks.co.uk
Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:07 - May 20 with 1091 viewsperchrockjack

As if we were ever going to "discuss" a Tory manifesto. The idea ,on here ,is simply ludicrous.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:22 - May 20 with 1084 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:46 - May 20 by perchrockjack

Bloody revolution it is then

Just what we all need

Ffs

What he says is 100% true. The next conservative government will have carte blanche to ride roughshod over every little bit of freedom and liberty we have left.

The labour manifesto benefits everyone bar the top 5% .
And it hardly crucifies them either. Do you want your assets taken away from your children after your death to pay for something you've been paying taxes and National "Insurance" all your life for? They are going to rob you. Get wise.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:02 - May 20 with 1060 viewsHighjack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:24 - May 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

What geniuses they are

God bless them .

Bravo the caring party.

They'll get my vote 👍🏻

The interesting thing about this policy is that it would clearly negatively impact those more likely to vote Tory. Old, sort of well off homeowners will be smashed. It's probably the biggest attack on the well off the Tories have ever done, it almost should be a labour policy. If it was it surely would be hugely supported by most on here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:12 - May 20 with 1051 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:02 - May 20 by Highjack

The interesting thing about this policy is that it would clearly negatively impact those more likely to vote Tory. Old, sort of well off homeowners will be smashed. It's probably the biggest attack on the well off the Tories have ever done, it almost should be a labour policy. If it was it surely would be hugely supported by most on here.

I think a rise in corporation tax from17 to 26% would be much fairer than punishing people (who I'm my opinion aren't rich at all) who've worked hard to save and buy their homes.

And for those who cry "companies will leave" this is still below the rate other economies are taxing their businesses.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:15 - May 20 with 1048 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Has she lost the plot ?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:18 - May 20 with 1042 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:15 - May 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Has she lost the plot ?

What's the current Tory majority, Tommy?

Tories -6, Labour + 6.

Guess what? Makes it level. You'll then find it's a Labour coalition in charge.

So far from losing the plot, she's entirely accurate...

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:20 - May 20 with 1040 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 11:15 - May 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

Has she lost the plot ?

I think the polls have spooked her. And she doesn't have the intellect to react with. All scare stories. She would be a disaster negotiating with Europe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024