Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory manifesto - discuss 07:38 - May 18 with 16297 viewsepaul

To end free school meals for infants, for some it's the only hot meal they get, dispicable scum

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:18 - May 18 with 1046 viewsWarwickHunt

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:14 - May 18 by swanjackal

Something oddly disturbing about a young mum asking her son whether he wants to eat her raw fish. Were they part of a royal lineage?

Not sure, but she looked slightly confused when I asked her if I could slurp on her clam.

I'm banned from there now.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:23 - May 18 with 1030 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:18 - May 18 by WarwickHunt

Not sure, but she looked slightly confused when I asked her if I could slurp on her clam.

I'm banned from there now.

Surprised you even got in there in the first place - there's a chav detector device in all such stores...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:33 - May 18 with 1020 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just heard the coward''s launch speech. Lies, hypocracy and using Brexit as a massive get out clause for more austerity when it goes t!ts up. One thing Corby has done is scaring her into at least trying to jump on the governmemt for everyone boat. I don't belive the rhetoric. Austerity with knobs on is on its way.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:51 - May 18 with 1010 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:33 - May 18 by Private_Partz

Just heard the coward''s launch speech. Lies, hypocracy and using Brexit as a massive get out clause for more austerity when it goes t!ts up. One thing Corby has done is scaring her into at least trying to jump on the governmemt for everyone boat. I don't belive the rhetoric. Austerity with knobs on is on its way.

Yes, Corby has scared them. That's it. His commanding poll lead has really, really scared them.

Care to share direct examples of "Lies, hypocracy"?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:56 - May 18 with 1004 viewsraynor94

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:33 - May 18 by Private_Partz

Going by your post, Corbyn is going to win the election then, with a thumping majority, surely right minded people won't vote for a coward

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tory manifesto - discuss on 14:40 - May 18 with 969 viewsEbo

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:51 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Yes, Corby has scared them. That's it. His commanding poll lead has really, really scared them.

Care to share direct examples of "Lies, hypocracy"?

It's not hard to find bluey, the Cons have gone back on countless promises since that devious c*nt Cameron got in.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 14:58 - May 18 with 949 viewswaynekerr55

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:09 - May 18 by Cooperman

That's a good point Bluey. My young princess asked for McD's cheeseburger and fries yesterday. I ordered and collected via the drive through but didn't catch what the young girl said when she asked for payment. Upon checking the credit card receipt when I got home I found it came to a paltry £2. A similar sized meal containing veg and a decent form of protein would be double that.

The key is meticulous planning. Plan what you are going to eat for the week, cook and freeze if needed, or cook and chill in the fridge (e.g. tomato sauce). Cooking for three doesn't cost £4, it's about planning and organisation.

Yes, some parents have to have two or three jobs to make ends meet (which is abhorrent) but kids need to be educated and taught how to cook. Education is the cornerstone of health. As a neo-liberal society, with the corporations lobbying, don't expect changes to come soon (sadly).

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tory manifesto - discuss on 15:08 - May 18 with 940 viewsJango

The Daily Mail, the Times and the Daily Express, which have different owners, have mostly been as positive toward her as they have been disobliging about Jeremy Corbyn.

At the same time, these different newspaper groups have campaigned vigorously for the second stage of the Leveson Inquiry, and Section 40 of the Crime and Courts Act (which would have required them to pay the legal costs of action taken against them, if they didn’t sign up to an approved regulator) to be scrapped.

The Tory manifesto has agreed to these wishes: both Leveson two and Section 40 won’t materialise.

Obviously there is no suggestion or evidence of some kind of deal between the prime minister and the press - but clearly she has a more constructive relationship with many of Britain’s top titles than even her predecessor.

Now there's a surprise
Login to get fewer ads

Tory manifesto - discuss on 15:37 - May 18 with 928 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 15:08 - May 18 by Jango

The Daily Mail, the Times and the Daily Express, which have different owners, have mostly been as positive toward her as they have been disobliging about Jeremy Corbyn.

At the same time, these different newspaper groups have campaigned vigorously for the second stage of the Leveson Inquiry, and Section 40 of the Crime and Courts Act (which would have required them to pay the legal costs of action taken against them, if they didn’t sign up to an approved regulator) to be scrapped.

The Tory manifesto has agreed to these wishes: both Leveson two and Section 40 won’t materialise.

Obviously there is no suggestion or evidence of some kind of deal between the prime minister and the press - but clearly she has a more constructive relationship with many of Britain’s top titles than even her predecessor.

Now there's a surprise

You might want to expand upon the section 40 part.

You know, the bit where even if found to have not committed libel, media organisations would have to pay full costs for both sides.

Still, lots of tinfoilhattery abound.

Obviously there's no suggestion or evidence of some kind of deal but you'll just hint at it regardless...

EDIT: Remind us of the number of convictions in Operation Elveden... and the cost of that inquiry. As Corbyn would say, how many nurses would that pay for?

Going back to section 40, the point is that if you don't sign up to join the regulator(s) - of which Impress are the only ones with royal charter, even if they successfully defend themselves against a libel claim, that media organisation is responsible for both parties costs.

Only blithering idiot would regard that to be just or fair.

The board composition of Impress? You've got wonks, you've got someone who wrote a frigging book about the phone hacking scandal. Someone who worked on the gossip pages of the Sun!
[Post edited 18 May 2017 15:46]

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:00 - May 18 with 910 viewsJango

Tory manifesto - discuss on 15:37 - May 18 by blueytheblue

You might want to expand upon the section 40 part.

You know, the bit where even if found to have not committed libel, media organisations would have to pay full costs for both sides.

Still, lots of tinfoilhattery abound.

Obviously there's no suggestion or evidence of some kind of deal but you'll just hint at it regardless...

EDIT: Remind us of the number of convictions in Operation Elveden... and the cost of that inquiry. As Corbyn would say, how many nurses would that pay for?

Going back to section 40, the point is that if you don't sign up to join the regulator(s) - of which Impress are the only ones with royal charter, even if they successfully defend themselves against a libel claim, that media organisation is responsible for both parties costs.

Only blithering idiot would regard that to be just or fair.

The board composition of Impress? You've got wonks, you've got someone who wrote a frigging book about the phone hacking scandal. Someone who worked on the gossip pages of the Sun!
[Post edited 18 May 2017 15:46]

They would only be liable for publications not regulated by a government approved organisation which is how it should be. David Cameron even promised the victims of the leveson enquiry there would be 2nd investigation. Basically it's a you scratch our back Theresa and we'll scratch yours. So blatant it's not even funny.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:07 - May 18 with 902 viewsLeonWasGod

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:46 - May 18 by Goldminer

https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalogue/Local-Government/Finance/Revenue/Delegate

interesting to see how low Swansea's funding in primary is per pupil is compared to the rest of Wales.

Even more interestingly is comparison with England....

http://www.sec-ed.co.uk/news/how-much-per-pupil-funding-will-your-school-get

Depressing more than interesting. Swansea low compared to other areas of Wales, although not the lowest, but also lower than the lowest in England. Also decreasing since 2014-15.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:10 - May 18 with 901 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:00 - May 18 by Jango

They would only be liable for publications not regulated by a government approved organisation which is how it should be. David Cameron even promised the victims of the leveson enquiry there would be 2nd investigation. Basically it's a you scratch our back Theresa and we'll scratch yours. So blatant it's not even funny.

What are you talking about?

If they are regulated or not, anybody who believes a media organisation ( which by the way includes websites ) should have to pay costs if they successfully defend a libel case is a blithering idiot. It gives carte blanche for media organisations to NOT report things even with public interest defence due to fear of being sued when there is next to no risk for the complainant. Impact being that press stories that are newsworthy and important will get spiked for fear of having to pay costs, even if the story is fully sourced and evidences.

Now, have organisations signed up? No. Why not? For one, the wonderfully open and transparent Impress organisation certainly don't go out of their way to reveal that they are virtually entirely funded by Max Mosley. There you go - a regulator funded by one person, who has an axe to grind against the media anyway. If a regulator was appointed for say energy funded by George Soros you'd complain...

Board members of Impress have made statements in the past that completely destroys any semblance of impartiality, calling for Daily Mail to be "banned" amongst other things. How can you have an independent regulator willing to make such comments and be taken seriously?

I just love the way you use examples of papers that are certainly pro-Tory naturally savaging Corbyn as evidence of some sort of funny deal.

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:10 - May 18 with 900 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:07 - May 18 by LeonWasGod

Depressing more than interesting. Swansea low compared to other areas of Wales, although not the lowest, but also lower than the lowest in England. Also decreasing since 2014-15.

Genuinely don't know the answer, is that something that's in the devolved powers?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:18 - May 18 with 892 viewsLeonWasGod

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:10 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Genuinely don't know the answer, is that something that's in the devolved powers?

Assembly via councils isn't it? Councils are the ones cutting I believe, but they are blaming cutbacks on reduced budgets from the Assembly (who presumably blame Westminster, but I'm not sure what the budget in real terms from Westminster has been doing in recent years).
Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:41 - May 18 with 872 viewsperchrockjack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:18 - May 18 by LeonWasGod

Assembly via councils isn't it? Councils are the ones cutting I believe, but they are blaming cutbacks on reduced budgets from the Assembly (who presumably blame Westminster, but I'm not sure what the budget in real terms from Westminster has been doing in recent years).

Discuss!

What

No Tory manifesto would get anything other than pelters on here

Papers ...well not all

Daily Mirror !

Morning Star

Guardian

Let's face it, you believe what you want to believe

Plenty buy the Express and Mail for a lighter read not wanting the Sun, Telegraph or Guardian or Guardian .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:16 - May 18 with 841 viewsJango

Tory manifesto - discuss on 16:10 - May 18 by blueytheblue

What are you talking about?

If they are regulated or not, anybody who believes a media organisation ( which by the way includes websites ) should have to pay costs if they successfully defend a libel case is a blithering idiot. It gives carte blanche for media organisations to NOT report things even with public interest defence due to fear of being sued when there is next to no risk for the complainant. Impact being that press stories that are newsworthy and important will get spiked for fear of having to pay costs, even if the story is fully sourced and evidences.

Now, have organisations signed up? No. Why not? For one, the wonderfully open and transparent Impress organisation certainly don't go out of their way to reveal that they are virtually entirely funded by Max Mosley. There you go - a regulator funded by one person, who has an axe to grind against the media anyway. If a regulator was appointed for say energy funded by George Soros you'd complain...

Board members of Impress have made statements in the past that completely destroys any semblance of impartiality, calling for Daily Mail to be "banned" amongst other things. How can you have an independent regulator willing to make such comments and be taken seriously?

I just love the way you use examples of papers that are certainly pro-Tory naturally savaging Corbyn as evidence of some sort of funny deal.

Denial. Not just a river in Egypt.

I don't think ive never come across anyone so full of sh*t. The whole leveson emquiry came about because of the very thing you're arguing about. Let's just them 'carte blanche' to do what they want then. There's a reason why all other parties are keen to press on with this immediately and there's obviously a reason why May chooses not to.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:27 - May 18 with 835 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 17:16 - May 18 by Jango

I don't think ive never come across anyone so full of sh*t. The whole leveson emquiry came about because of the very thing you're arguing about. Let's just them 'carte blanche' to do what they want then. There's a reason why all other parties are keen to press on with this immediately and there's obviously a reason why May chooses not to.

Never looked in a mirror?

The section 40 bit went way, way, way too far. You'd have to be ignorant to not grasp that. It now means ANY celeb, whoever can threaten legal action - even against media websites like say The Canary. Editor has a cast iron story? Website not signed up with Impress?

Story gets spiked. You know it, everyone knows it.

Nobody is saying "carte blanche". Idiots are acting as if there is no legal recourse available at present, which is utter bollocks. Operation Elveden has produced how many actual convictions for how much money spent on it?

Impress is a joke of a regulator with zero independence or competence. For all the wild tinfoil theories of May and the Tory papers, take a look at those who have bothered to register with Impress.

http://www.impress.press/complaints/regulated-publishers.html

Mickey mouse regional publications scared sh*tless of the consequences of not registering.

Note those well known Tory supporting papers the Guardian, Mirror group even Morning Star are also not members... hmm, wonder why? Oh yeah... they know the setup stinks.

EDIT:

Now, Leveson Two - links between media and police - the utter farce that was Operation Elveden has completely devalued that. There has always been a culture of tipoffs between both. I'd say no, the coverage of Cliff Richard on the BBC shows that clearly. The point being, of what real tangible benefit is Leveson Two for the money? I'd say little. Where journalists are paying police officers there are already legal ramifications for that. So what would Leveson Two achieve?
[Post edited 18 May 2017 17:33]

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:13 - May 18 with 814 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Anyone happy with this manifesto?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:14 - May 18 with 810 viewsDarran

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:13 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yes Perch.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:18 - May 18 with 808 viewsJango

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:13 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

The manifesto could include the death penalty for children who wet the bed and Bluey would argue it's for the best.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:19 - May 18 with 806 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:18 - May 18 by Jango

The manifesto could include the death penalty for children who wet the bed and Bluey would argue it's for the best.

Not at all, I'd miss you tbh... wouldn't want you executed.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:21 - May 18 with 802 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:14 - May 18 by Darran

Yes Perch.

And Bluey. Obviously.

Poll: Tory leader

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:22 - May 18 with 801 viewsJango

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:19 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Not at all, I'd miss you tbh... wouldn't want you executed.

See, when you're not copy and pasting bullsh*t you're quite funny.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:23 - May 18 with 800 viewsblueytheblue

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:22 - May 18 by Jango

See, when you're not copy and pasting bullsh*t you're quite funny.

I don't copy and paste.

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:26 - May 18 with 795 viewsDarran

Tory manifesto - discuss on 18:21 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

And Bluey. Obviously.

Indeed. He doesn't really matter though you expect that kind of thing from a Scummer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024