Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory manifesto - discuss 07:38 - May 18 with 16336 viewsepaul

To end free school meals for infants, for some it's the only hot meal they get, dispicable scum

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:24 - May 18 with 1265 viewswaynekerr55

Tory manifesto - discuss on 19:06 - May 18 by exiledclaseboy

Give it time.

You forgot Sky Sports mun...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:30 - May 18 with 1248 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:21 - May 18 by oh_tommy_tommy

Some good points

Spend spend spend

If you've got it spend it , because they'll have it when your p!ssing your pants or can't remember where you are .

These people are in charge of the country

They are inept
They are clueless

I quite genuinely fail to see why the tax payer should pay for my care if I ever need it when I have the ability to pay for it myself.

The argument about people who've never worked, or saved, or whatever, not paying for it - well so be it - they don't pay for other stuff I pay for at the moment. And it means I am in control, and can choose, and probably receive a better standard (certainly the case if I go into care up here).

The whole issue of 'inheritance' is out of control. If people have worked and saved and have assets, then they are entitled to use those assets. If they use them partly to pay for a comfortable time in their dotage, then I can't see anything wrong with it. Why should a family who are worse off pay for the care of someone better off than them through their taxes so that the better off family's middle class kids can inherit more?
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:35]
Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:31 - May 18 with 1247 viewspikeypaul

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:22 - May 18 by rock1n

Bottom line is pensioners who voted for brexit will lose their triple lock.

Deficit because of brexit will not be cleared until 2025

etc etc

To me the manifesto is thoroughly average, nothing to move mountains. Just ploddy.

The next 5 yrs will be consumed by self harm.

Inflation will be over 2.5% and that is not being removed and forms part of the new double lock which still also contains increase in average pay.
So it makes not an once of difference to the pensioners removing the "at least 2.5%" when inflation is above 2.5%.Was it not 2.7% the last 3 months and forecast to go higher?

It's possible for poorer pensioners will be better off the higher inflation goes,one of the biggest causes for
the jump in the recently released inflation figs was a 18.5% increase in airfares something the poorer pensioners are less likely to be buying.Personal inflation varies greatly and the astute pensioner who lives by their means will be less affected than some.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:39]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:35 - May 18 with 1240 viewsblueytheblue

The worst part about social care, Lisa is the f*cked up morality people have. Family pet in a really bad way? Show mercy, put them to sleep.

Humans? Oh, you can get a DNR certainly. If you've the money, a one way ticket to Dignitas. Just have that duty to keep people alive, never mind the suffering. Like my dad with vascular dementia. Can't remember me, spends most of the day asleep like a zombie. What f*cking quality of life is that? He's now been taken off warfarin, next stroke will almost certainly kill him... so let him suffer when it does happen whilst patting selves on back for prolonging the agony for all concerned.

All that for what? State, family are both contributing to the costs of the care home.

It's about time a decent discussion was held bout euthanasia; let people die with dignity.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:38 - May 18 with 1231 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:31 - May 18 by pikeypaul

Inflation will be over 2.5% and that is not being removed and forms part of the new double lock which still also contains increase in average pay.
So it makes not an once of difference to the pensioners removing the "at least 2.5%" when inflation is above 2.5%.Was it not 2.7% the last 3 months and forecast to go higher?

It's possible for poorer pensioners will be better off the higher inflation goes,one of the biggest causes for
the jump in the recently released inflation figs was a 18.5% increase in airfares something the poorer pensioners are less likely to be buying.Personal inflation varies greatly and the astute pensioner who lives by their means will be less affected than some.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:39]

Yeah - because of the fall in the value of Sterling that you tell us doesn't matter.

Removing the 2.5% lock - it's about time. Why should pensioners get a better 'pay rise' than the rest of the country.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:42 - May 18 with 1226 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Even sky have had enough of the Torys

Things must be bad

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:45 - May 18 with 1219 viewspikeypaul

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:38 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

Yeah - because of the fall in the value of Sterling that you tell us doesn't matter.

Removing the 2.5% lock - it's about time. Why should pensioners get a better 'pay rise' than the rest of the country.

I agree and for certain reasons welcome a jump in inflation in fact the bigger the better for me.

Like I say the removing of the 2.5% makes zero difference if inflation is above it.

So 2.5% on state pension gives the pensioner an extra £195 a year the head teacher in London gets 1.5% on his £100k an extra £1500,the greedy bloody pensioners,the way people talk about the old age pension is laughable its around £7800 a year about 1/4 the average wage.Coming from contributions made over 50 plus years.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:59]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:47 - May 18 with 1209 viewsNeathJack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:30 - May 18 by londonlisa2001

I quite genuinely fail to see why the tax payer should pay for my care if I ever need it when I have the ability to pay for it myself.

The argument about people who've never worked, or saved, or whatever, not paying for it - well so be it - they don't pay for other stuff I pay for at the moment. And it means I am in control, and can choose, and probably receive a better standard (certainly the case if I go into care up here).

The whole issue of 'inheritance' is out of control. If people have worked and saved and have assets, then they are entitled to use those assets. If they use them partly to pay for a comfortable time in their dotage, then I can't see anything wrong with it. Why should a family who are worse off pay for the care of someone better off than them through their taxes so that the better off family's middle class kids can inherit more?
[Post edited 18 May 2017 20:35]

That first line leads down a very dangerous road imho.

You need an ambulance? Why should the tax payer pay for it when you can afford it yourself?

You need a heart op to save your life? Why should the tax payer pay for it when you can afford it yourself?

Your kids need an education? Why should the tax payer pay for it when you can afford it yourself?

etc...
Login to get fewer ads

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:53 - May 18 with 1199 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:47 - May 18 by NeathJack

That first line leads down a very dangerous road imho.

You need an ambulance? Why should the tax payer pay for it when you can afford it yourself?

You need a heart op to save your life? Why should the tax payer pay for it when you can afford it yourself?

Your kids need an education? Why should the tax payer pay for it when you can afford it yourself?

etc...

That's a very fair point.

But for me, the difference is that healthcare and education are universal rights. Being taken care of in my old age is no different to me to being taken care of now. I'd expect my healthcare to be provided when I'm old (so the 'nursing' bit if you like), but nor my living expenses. I'd rather the money was spent taking care of people that can't afford it.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 21:57 - May 18 with 1159 viewsEbo

I've read it and in a nutshell its this:

Force you to use your house equity to pay for social care
Increase VAT
Remove triple lock on pensions
Scrap free school meals
Remove winter fuel payments
Bringing back fox hunting
Means testing the elderly and asset stripping them

There is nothing in there for the average folks like us or the young or the old. If you are wealthy on the other hand.....

It's a very very weak manifesto and I really think it will turn voters away. Nothing there for our NHS, nurses, doctors, police and firemen or our armed forces.

They have not even properly revealed the costing of it.

Means testing the old is disgusting, the forms they will have to fill out, the cycles of interviews etc they will have to go through and the stress. They should be enjoying their golden years not worrying themselves into an early grave. One mistake in the paperwork and they could lose it all.

Yet we still have odious cretins like Oliver Letwin swanning about, a creature who was paid a kings ransom to work an 8 hour week, claims 2k for a leak under his tennis court and voted to cut £30 a week from disabled people in his constituency.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:15 - May 18 with 1134 viewspikeypaul

The trouble is they are so vague about the "means testing"

Probably along the lines of in receipt of pension credit or a similar benefit if
so no form filling will be necessary,I hope so for our old age sake.

They ruled out a VAT increase.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 22:16]

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:17 - May 18 with 1130 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Any good points in this manifesto then?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:22 - May 18 with 1123 viewsNogginthenog

I just watched some of her speech on the beeb. She is totally devoid of any character and her body language suggests she doesnt believe the drivel she's being fed. A robot .
Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:30 - May 18 with 1105 viewsEbo

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:22 - May 18 by Nogginthenog

I just watched some of her speech on the beeb. She is totally devoid of any character and her body language suggests she doesnt believe the drivel she's being fed. A robot .

That smile of hers is so false it could curdle milk.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:55 - May 18 with 1084 viewsburty

School food campaigner Jamie Oliver has labelled Theresa May's plan to axe free school meals for infants "a disgrace".

The TV chef, who led a successful campaign to improve the quality of school food, said the move "put future generations at risk".

He said: "It's a fact. Children perform better after eating a decent lunch."

The Conservatives want to axe the free meals plan for to save money to plug gaps in England's school finances.

The party hopes to save £650m by ending the right to a free meal for all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2, but has pledged to offer all children a free breakfast.

It said in its manifesto: "We do not believe that giving school lunches to all children free of charge for the first three years of primary school - regardless of the income of their parents - is a sensible use of public money.

"There is now good evidence that school breakfasts are at least as effective in helping children to make progress in school.
Tory manifesto - discuss on 00:43 - May 19 with 1045 viewsHighjack

It's almost as if they're trying to lose.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 07:21 - May 19 with 995 viewsjojaca

Tory manifesto - discuss on 20:22 - May 18 by rock1n

Bottom line is pensioners who voted for brexit will lose their triple lock.

Deficit because of brexit will not be cleared until 2025

etc etc

To me the manifesto is thoroughly average, nothing to move mountains. Just ploddy.

The next 5 yrs will be consumed by self harm.

Poor manifesto from the Tory's just relying on the Brexit for votes.

Even when you know, you never know?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 08:11 - May 19 with 967 viewsraynor94

Tory manifesto - discuss on 00:43 - May 19 by Highjack

It's almost as if they're trying to lose.

I think Mrs May has a bet on Jezza to win

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tory manifesto - discuss on 08:14 - May 19 with 965 viewsCooperman

Tory manifesto - discuss on 22:22 - May 18 by Nogginthenog

Robot is the very word that I used to describe her.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tory manifesto - discuss on 08:19 - May 19 with 958 viewsswanjackal

Tory manifesto - discuss on 08:11 - May 19 by raynor94

I think Mrs May has a bet on Jezza to win

With this manifesto, and the seeming collusion between Labour and other parties to not oppose them in areas, if he does not, then he never will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:06 - May 19 with 947 viewsYossarian

The tragedy is that many who reject the neo-liberalism and globalisation of the past 20 years will be conned into voting for Cruella De May and her nasty sidekicks. They will desperately hold onto her pledge to deliver Brexit with emphasis on controlling borders but when she uses her landslide majority to make concessions to the Eurocrats, the fury of those who feel 'let down' or 'betrayed' will be palpable. They will the look round and find themselves poorer and if in need of care they will be forced to give up their homes promised to their already bitter, alienated and impoverished children, whilst the millionaires in Surrey will be chuckling at the cheap labour holding up the economy and the importance of 'flexibility' that comes with zero hours contracts. The only thing which is strong and stable with the Tories is their contempt of those beneath them in the social order and the preservation of their economic advantage- that is why they are called CONSERVATIVES. Simple really.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Tory manifesto - discuss on 09:53 - May 19 with 919 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This is how they roll ,

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:06 - May 19 with 899 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 12:56 - May 18 by raynor94

Going by your post, Corbyn is going to win the election then, with a thumping majority, surely right minded people won't vote for a coward

Labour have challenged the Tories to go public and have both manifestos costed out independently for the last three elections . On every occasion the Tories have declined.

John McDonnell has repeatedly asked Phillip Hammond for a television debate over the issue. He won't debate.
So who exactly are the cowards again? As well as thieves and liars?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:08 - May 19 with 892 viewssherpajacob

Take a look at @nsno_83's Tweet:

Churchill said something about a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:17 - May 19 with 881 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tory manifesto - discuss on 10:08 - May 19 by sherpajacob

Take a look at @nsno_83's Tweet:

Churchill said something about a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.

Is that Perchrock, Highjack or Bluey????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024