Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins the Hero 11:49 - May 18 with 12563 viewsCARDAN

After being at the awards dinner it was sickening to witness the admiration for Jenkins.It makes me
wonder whether there is a hidden agenda or if the likes of Paul Clement really understood the nature of the betrayal. Is Jenkins above being accountable?
Time will tell.
Jenkins the Hero on 12:16 - May 18 with 5625 viewsmonmouth

If he can live with himself, and he's as low as you can get, so no doubt he can, then he's won. So has Noddy Bulk Vending and the rest of the pretenders. The club and supporters that bought into the dream have lost and paid for their gain. The heart has been ripped out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins the Hero on 12:49 - May 18 with 5507 viewsvetchonian

Clement probably doesnt really understand the treachery the fans feel about a so called fan selling out in the way he did. What he basis things are are his releationship with his "boss" compared with the Derby situation.

Issues between fans and owners is commonplace these days ....Blackpool,Hull for example have been in the headlines so to a manager it is becoming part of the job.
On the face of it to the outside world HJ is doing a good job has been plauded in the past of how the club is run and its success and his knack of making good managerial appointments but we fans know different and to a lot of our current fanbase it doesnt matter but to those with a long association with the club things are seen from a different perspective.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Jenkins the Hero on 12:57 - May 18 with 5459 viewsLoyal

The club have made Clelemnt a millionaire twice over in four months, I doubt if he gives a fck.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jenkins the Hero on 13:06 - May 18 with 5423 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins the Hero on 12:57 - May 18 by Loyal

The club have made Clelemnt a millionaire twice over in four months, I doubt if he gives a fck.

Indeed.

Why should he care anyway? He's not from Swansea or a fan. Three quarters of the people in the Liberty don't care as long as we get to play Man U, Liverpool and the rest, so why should a transient manager or transient players that would be gone in a heartbeat for a better job care (like any of us wage slaves, really). It's the folk that put them on their pedestals and hero worship them that are the real gullible souls.

Jenkins the Hero on 13:11 - May 18 with 5378 viewsLoyal

Jenkins the Hero on 13:06 - May 18 by monmouth

Indeed.

Why should he care anyway? He's not from Swansea or a fan. Three quarters of the people in the Liberty don't care as long as we get to play Man U, Liverpool and the rest, so why should a transient manager or transient players that would be gone in a heartbeat for a better job care (like any of us wage slaves, really). It's the folk that put them on their pedestals and hero worship them that are the real gullible souls.

Amen, been saying it for years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jenkins the Hero on 13:15 - May 18 with 5366 viewsTheResurrection

Indeed.

""It's the folk that put them on their pedestals and hero worship them that are the real gullible souls.''

See the Siggy thread for fresh meat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins the Hero on 13:19 - May 18 with 5339 viewsPegojack

Will someone from the Trust please come on here and tell us what is happening vis a vis legal action against the Conkmeister and his co-conspirators?

Or at least come on and tell us they can't tell us at the moment!
Jenkins the Hero on 13:20 - May 18 with 5336 viewsandrew

Indeed.

Ha! 3/4 of us want us to be in premier league mate, not sure where you want us to be though.

Maybe you want us back struggling in league 2, yes?
[Post edited 18 May 2017 13:21]

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins the Hero on 13:26 - May 18 with 5285 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins the Hero on 13:20 - May 18 by andrew

Ha! 3/4 of us want us to be in premier league mate, not sure where you want us to be though.

No.

I want us to be in the premier league, and secure the clubs future. If it's a choice between the two then the PL can go and f**k itself.

Should I be making allowances? Are you a bit twp?

Jenkins the Hero on 13:30 - May 18 with 5258 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins the Hero on 13:20 - May 18 by andrew

I think all of us want to be there, but not at the expense of the long term future of the club. Is that not fair? Remember the 80's?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins the Hero on 13:31 - May 18 with 5254 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins the Hero on 13:15 - May 18 by TheResurrection

""It's the folk that put them on their pedestals and hero worship them that are the real gullible souls.''

See the Siggy thread for fresh meat.

You are Fernando Llorente (no pun intended) and I claim my five pounds for your bullet header past the keeper

Jenkins the Hero on 13:40 - May 18 with 5217 viewsYossarian

Bottom line for me was that he and the other Directors who sold their shares instigated a process where the football was subordinated to making the balance sheet as attractive as possible. This is the only explanation for the risky 'bargain basement' transfer dealing that eventually caught up with them. The Americans will work to develop the commercial footprint as this is a minimal investment whilst it could pay dividends. It was also interesting to see Pearlman give the City Council a tactful kick up the arse and in this he's spot on- the City needs to utilise the Swans much more in developing Swansea's profile. As for Jenkins, not only has his judgement deserted him in recent times but after our near miss in the previous season his claims that a far-reaching review would be conducted appears to have been an empty promise. In the interests of the club and to draw a line under an apparently irreconcilable loss of trust, the he should resign and an experienced Chief Executive, preferably from the UK should be appointed to steer the ship.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Jenkins the Hero on 14:16 - May 18 with 5102 viewsymaohyd

I think HJ and the rest of the former board are heroes.

We've gone from footballing obscurity to the PL. As we all know, next year will be our 7th season.

HJ et al have ensured that PL money hasn't all gone into agents /players or their own pockets by investing in fantastic facilities.

Our academy is rated in the top category and the u23's have just had am amazing season.

So they sold their shares, what the fu-k did people expect, I would have done the same. Did everything a bit underhand? Yes, they did, however business is business.

Bradley should never have been appointed, that was the Americans call not HJ. HJ brought in Clement and the rest is history.

Recruitment last summer was poor and undoubtedly affected by the takeover, however look at the side that finished 2016 under Guidolin and the side that started this season and you could argue we were stronger. Gomis out, Lloriente in along with Baston (no it hasn't worked out) but in theory those two were better than Ayew and Gomis. Lloriente has proven himself to be a superb signing.

The future? I do wish that Jenkins would now leave and we bring in a proper DOF. As well has HJ has done we need to reshape. The heart of the club should now be the likes of Leon, Trunds, Rangel, Curtis in terms of being custodians of what the club is about.

All this bitching about HJ and Co, FFS move on.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Jenkins the Hero on 14:22 - May 18 with 5079 viewsBLAZE

You can't expect PC to be aware of the ill feeling towards Jenkins and Dineen. It's not as though we as fans have done a particularly good job of showing our displeasure.

In my experience (and I'm not applying this to everyone who attends) but these events are usually attended by the sycophants and happy clappers amongst our fanbase. I wouldn't expect anything other than a positive reaction towards the board
Jenkins the Hero on 14:22 - May 18 with 5072 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins the Hero on 14:16 - May 18 by ymaohyd

We've gone from footballing obscurity to the PL. As we all know, next year will be our 7th season.

HJ et al have ensured that PL money hasn't all gone into agents /players or their own pockets by investing in fantastic facilities.

Our academy is rated in the top category and the u23's have just had am amazing season.

So they sold their shares, what the fu-k did people expect, I would have done the same. Did everything a bit underhand? Yes, they did, however business is business.

Bradley should never have been appointed, that was the Americans call not HJ. HJ brought in Clement and the rest is history.

Recruitment last summer was poor and undoubtedly affected by the takeover, however look at the side that finished 2016 under Guidolin and the side that started this season and you could argue we were stronger. Gomis out, Lloriente in along with Baston (no it hasn't worked out) but in theory those two were better than Ayew and Gomis. Lloriente has proven himself to be a superb signing.

The future? I do wish that Jenkins would now leave and we bring in a proper DOF. As well has HJ has done we need to reshape. The heart of the club should now be the likes of Leon, Trunds, Rangel, Curtis in terms of being custodians of what the club is about.

I think you make some good points there, but this isn't bitching. The fact of the matter is that the club that rose from the Petty Phoenix was supposed to be structured to maintain professional football in the City for generations. We can say that 'business is business' but the point is that whilst Jenkins et al. did dio a lot and should rightly be revered for the work that they have done, they didn't have to f*ck the Trust.

I will say that 'all the money didn't go into agents hands' is a bit of a red herring. The operating losses and shambles of recruitment are the direct result of people getting ideas above their station and looking after their own interests. Not to forget the procurement for the capital projects appearing rather cosy.

If they had turned around and said that they were selling up, not a problem. They ponied up the cash when we needed it and for that they deserve credit, although on reflection the investment was made with a brand new stadium coming gratis as a result of the council.

Edit - if Jenkins was so against the Bradley appointment, why didn't he walk or challenge them? It's not as if he's short of a pound or two?
[Post edited 18 May 2017 14:24]

Jenkins the Hero on 14:27 - May 18 with 5044 viewsdeanscfc

Good post.

I also wonder to myself 'what the f*ck do people expect?' if you're a businessman and sitting on an investment that is worth millions but could at any time (due to the risks involved) be worth not even half that then you would have to be completely stupid not to cash in. My anger with Jenkins has been more about the fact that we blatantly should have recruited better from about two seasons ago and that poor performance put our PL future at risk...but I also have to remember that we would not be anywhere near the PL without those same people.
Jenkins the Hero on 14:30 - May 18 with 5025 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins the Hero on 14:27 - May 18 by deanscfc

Good post.

I also wonder to myself 'what the f*ck do people expect?' if you're a businessman and sitting on an investment that is worth millions but could at any time (due to the risks involved) be worth not even half that then you would have to be completely stupid not to cash in. My anger with Jenkins has been more about the fact that we blatantly should have recruited better from about two seasons ago and that poor performance put our PL future at risk...but I also have to remember that we would not be anywhere near the PL without those same people.

Or the Trust and the fans that rallied behind them and helped them sweep to power. That's what's being forgotten. Look at Charlton, Blackpool and Pompey. Beware the pitfalls of the PL dream, that's all I'm going to say.

Jenkins the Hero on 15:21 - May 18 with 4855 viewsmax936

Jenkins the Hero on 12:49 - May 18 by vetchonian

Clement probably doesnt really understand the treachery the fans feel about a so called fan selling out in the way he did. What he basis things are are his releationship with his "boss" compared with the Derby situation.

Issues between fans and owners is commonplace these days ....Blackpool,Hull for example have been in the headlines so to a manager it is becoming part of the job.
On the face of it to the outside world HJ is doing a good job has been plauded in the past of how the club is run and its success and his knack of making good managerial appointments but we fans know different and to a lot of our current fanbase it doesnt matter but to those with a long association with the club things are seen from a different perspective.

Surely the most ardent of Jenkins supporters must realise that his statement about needing outside investment to take the club forward was a massive swizz, if he and the others truly had the clubs best interests at heart they would have worked alongside the 2nd highest share holder or the club, but no him and his cronies went behind their backs and the next level was a play on words, he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on his massive conk and shouldn't be anywhere near our club, him or the others.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jenkins the Hero on 21:49 - May 18 with 4392 viewsQJumpingJack

Were the Amercan owners in attendance last night?
Which of our current and former directors were at the event?
Jenkins the Hero on 22:08 - May 18 with 4291 viewsOldjack

Jenkins the Hero on 15:21 - May 18 by max936

Surely the most ardent of Jenkins supporters must realise that his statement about needing outside investment to take the club forward was a massive swizz, if he and the others truly had the clubs best interests at heart they would have worked alongside the 2nd highest share holder or the club, but no him and his cronies went behind their backs and the next level was a play on words, he wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on his massive conk and shouldn't be anywhere near our club, him or the others.

Sly deceitful and unforgivable

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jenkins the Hero on 22:18 - May 18 with 4239 viewsMuteswan

What about the " owned by the fans , for the fans" bit? Did they forget about this when deciding not to tell the Trust about the sale to the Yanks. We certainly are not owned " by the fans, for the fans " now. Yet some fans made a great deal of money out of it. I can't say they didn't deserve to get a return on their investment , but the underhand way it was done is despicable in my eyes. We need a clean break from past directors and hope the new owners come up with the goods to move the club on, and to start talking to the Trust to get the fans view once again. We live in hope 🤞
Jenkins the Hero on 22:47 - May 18 with 4158 viewsrock1n

moaners gonna moan

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Jenkins the Hero on 22:52 - May 18 with 4146 viewsmax936

Jenkins the Hero on 22:08 - May 18 by Oldjack

Sly deceitful and unforgivable

Absofukinglutely

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jenkins the Hero on 22:55 - May 18 with 4138 viewsskacrazy

It just beggars belief bearing in mind our history how anyone fails to comprehend that what Jenkins and the sellouts did was nothing less than a massive F4CK YOU to every one of us fans.

It's been said a million times that no-one begrudged them the chance to cash in but the underhand way it was done leaving the Trust (or for those that don't get it, us fans) in the position it is now, was and still is unforgivable.

We were all on a journey and it felt like we were in it together, proud of the way the club was run and the success we were enjoying. What's happened has left a bitter taste in the mouth and where there once was nothing but respect and admiration for the board it now makes me sick when I see their smug faces.

21% of the club belongs to us and we were not included in the negotiations. If anyone thinks that it is acceptable for the sellouts to protect their investment at the expense of ours and our club they must be fools.

Jenkins at least really deserves to go but I doubt he will.
Jenkins the Hero on 01:27 - May 19 with 3990 viewsgiantstoneater

No fan of HJ but getting rid of him might just pave the way for another catastrophic appointment by the new board who it seems are taking us to the next level but they don`t appear to have the cash to take us there I presume the next level is on an upward curve!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024