Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the Trust 15:45 - May 18 with 18357 viewsDafyddHuw

Any chance of any info from you at all about anything, anytime soon?

I won't be able to make any comments next year apparently. When I have this season, people ask if I'm a member.
Well I won't be after this summer. I'm not throwing good money after bad again. Does that mean I have to keep shtumm?

To the Trust on 16:52 - May 18 with 4385 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Read the WEB page. Hope you save your £10 and stop moaning.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

To the Trust on 17:56 - May 18 with 4330 viewsoldcob

If anyone is unhappy with any facet of the Trust, isn't it best to stay in it or join it? A person would have more chance to change anything they are unhappy with if they were members, than looking in from the outside as a non-member surely.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 17:57]
To the Trust on 18:25 - May 18 with 4290 viewsDafyddHuw

To the Trust on 16:52 - May 18 by felixstowe_jack

Read the WEB page. Hope you save your £10 and stop moaning.

Read Web page. Last missive is April 11th.
Thought we were getting barrister's feedback about 2/3 weeks ago?
The silence is deafening.
To the Trust on 18:28 - May 18 with 4280 viewsDarran

To the Trust on 18:25 - May 18 by DafyddHuw

It's quite obvious to me and nobody's told me this but there's bound to be some kind of meeting this weekend and news will be imminent.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the Trust on 18:37 - May 18 with 4256 viewsDafyddHuw

To the Trust on 18:28 - May 18 by Darran

It's quite obvious to me and nobody's told me this but there's bound to be some kind of meeting this weekend and news will be imminent.

Hopefully.

Just a "Hola" would do just so we know everybody hasn't fecked off on their hols.
To the Trust on 19:46 - May 18 with 4155 viewsQJumpingJack

One would expect the Trust will communicate with its members when the time is right.
I would also imagine that the conversations are complex hence why things cannot be rushed out.
To the Trust on 20:40 - May 18 with 4059 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 18:25 - May 18 by DafyddHuw

There is due to be a meeting with the Americans this weekend.
QC opinion is due this week.

Sorry I can't offer more detail on either point but hopefully you will understand the reasons for that.
To the Trust on 20:44 - May 18 with 4049 viewsPhil_S

To the Trust on 20:40 - May 18 by MattG

There is due to be a meeting with the Americans this weekend.
QC opinion is due this week.

Sorry I can't offer more detail on either point but hopefully you will understand the reasons for that.

Pretty much as Matt says

We are meeting the American majority owners this weekend to pick up all the things that we agreed to postpone whilst we concentrated on securing our Premier League place.

QC opinion is imminent - Dai has a call with them tomorrow morning after which we should know more

Things have been quiet for the simple fact that everybody has been focused completely on ensuring that the traumas of this season did not end in Championship football

As a generic viewpoint though as I genuinely don't spend a huge amount of time on here these days - the Trust phone is there to be rung (07977 382328) or info@swanstrust.co.uk will always get a response - not designed to be a dig ant anyone but that is genuinely the best way for a member to get in touch

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

To the Trust on 08:54 - May 19 with 3828 viewsDafyddHuw

To the Trust on 20:44 - May 18 by Phil_S

Pretty much as Matt says

We are meeting the American majority owners this weekend to pick up all the things that we agreed to postpone whilst we concentrated on securing our Premier League place.

QC opinion is imminent - Dai has a call with them tomorrow morning after which we should know more

Things have been quiet for the simple fact that everybody has been focused completely on ensuring that the traumas of this season did not end in Championship football

As a generic viewpoint though as I genuinely don't spend a huge amount of time on here these days - the Trust phone is there to be rung (07977 382328) or info@swanstrust.co.uk will always get a response - not designed to be a dig ant anyone but that is genuinely the best way for a member to get in touch

Thanks Phil.

Getting these titbits via Planet Swans doesn't help Trust members who don't use PS tho.
Your message (and others similar) coming out on the Trust web site would help. Communication really is a problem (even to say that nothing's happening) and isn't getting better.
To the Trust on 09:02 - May 19 with 3796 viewsMeraki

To the Trust on 08:54 - May 19 by DafyddHuw

Thanks Phil.

Getting these titbits via Planet Swans doesn't help Trust members who don't use PS tho.
Your message (and others similar) coming out on the Trust web site would help. Communication really is a problem (even to say that nothing's happening) and isn't getting better.

Its shocking.
To the Trust on 09:43 - May 19 with 3749 viewsPhil_S

To the Trust on 08:54 - May 19 by DafyddHuw

Thanks Phil.

Completely agree and the meeting on Sunday is supposed to be on our website. Should happen today

I would also add that the meeting was only confirmed yesterday

To the Trust on 10:01 - May 19 with 3722 viewsIAN05

To the Trust on 09:43 - May 19 by Phil_S

Completely agree and the meeting on Sunday is supposed to be on our website. Should happen today

I would also add that the meeting was only confirmed yesterday

Maybe you should ballot members on whether to employ a paid comms officer ? Time of volunteers is the clear issue here and having a paid, accountable employee may fix the issues.
To the Trust on 10:30 - May 19 with 3688 viewsLeonWasGod

Expect a statement on how brilliantly Huw rescued our season by the inspired signing of Clement, and the three quality players in January, that epitomises The Swansea Way for doing things differently and being a model for all other clubs to aspire to.

I can see it now
To the Trust on 11:53 - May 19 with 3621 viewsUxbridge

To the Trust on 10:30 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

Expect a statement on how brilliantly Huw rescued our season by the inspired signing of Clement, and the three quality players in January, that epitomises The Swansea Way for doing things differently and being a model for all other clubs to aspire to.

I can see it now

Yeah. No.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

To the Trust on 13:06 - May 19 with 3500 viewsswancity

Jenkins must have skin like an old rhinoceros. Sitting on millions. Being paid £500,000 a year allegedly and having conducted himself in the most devious way possible by excluding the Trust he still somehow has many of them licking his arse. He needs a boot up the arse now. And sent off into the sunset. Good luck to Phil with the legal action as I'm fairly sure they'll have to go down that road to restore any real credibility as much as anything else.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

To the Trust on 13:07 - May 19 with 3494 viewsswancity

To the Trust on 10:30 - May 19 by LeonWasGod

I can see it now

Building bridges mun...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

To the Trust on 13:28 - May 19 with 3454 viewsPhil_S

To the Trust on 10:01 - May 19 by IAN05

Maybe you should ballot members on whether to employ a paid comms officer ? Time of volunteers is the clear issue here and having a paid, accountable employee may fix the issues.

It is certainly a point worthy of debate - I have a personal view that I think - given the status of the Trust and the potential if there was any share sale to be sat on millions - would mean a paid position should happen but that is just a personal view
To the Trust on 14:13 - May 19 with 3389 viewsBatterseajack

To the Trust on 13:28 - May 19 by Phil_S

It is certainly a point worthy of debate - I have a personal view that I think - given the status of the Trust and the potential if there was any share sale to be sat on millions - would mean a paid position should happen but that is just a personal view

Seeing as the trust own a portion of the club, couldn't you draw a salary out of the club to fund that position?
To the Trust on 16:10 - May 19 with 3292 viewsSPboy

To the Trust on 20:44 - May 18 by Phil_S

Pretty much as Matt says

Basically the Trust are waiting for the organgrinders to wing it in from the USA.

It's not like HJ & MM have been busy coaching with PC, sorting tactics out on how to defend against Stoke, Everton etc. Is it?

The fact that discussions are taking place now that the team is safe for this season will obviously take the edge off discussions. I would have thought if anything some of the directors will be busier than ever trying to sort out contracts & chasing transfer targets now that we know what league we are in next season.
To the Trust on 16:21 - May 19 with 3278 viewsE20Jack

To the Trust on 13:28 - May 19 by Phil_S

That would be a mistake in my view. The Trust may be in a position (it already is for me) where it needs to cash in on its shares. Having someone who has the biggest role in that decision due to his day to day dealings with the club (assuming t will be the only full time position within the Trust) - he/she will then have to essentially make themselves redundant in order to do what is best for the Trust. We have already seen how power/kudos and a bit of cash corrupts even the most well intentioned person.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 16:23]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

To the Trust on 16:27 - May 19 with 3270 viewsmonmouth

The future of the Trust and supporter involvement in our club will be made or broken in the next few weeks.

As I said a while back, I've had a gutsful of the whole thing. It's no longer the club I'd hoped for and never can be again, unless disaster occurs and I don't want that. Next year I will just be enjoying the football games and hoping the club does go from strength to strength, and not giving a shit about the behind the scenes stuff. I wish the Trust well though, obviously.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To the Trust on 17:07 - May 19 with 3227 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The only people who make money in a legal dispute are the lawyers and barristers. Why waste money. About time we learnt from this seasons mistakes and started to prepare for next season with the aim of improving our squad and the relation between board members.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

To the Trust on 17:48 - May 19 with 3195 viewsLeonWasGod

To the Trust on 11:53 - May 19 by Uxbridge

Yeah. No.

I know. I was joking and just carrying on the theme from the awards dinner this week.
To the Trust on 18:04 - May 19 with 3167 viewsMeraki

To the Trust on 17:07 - May 19 by felixstowe_jack

The only people who make money in a legal dispute are the lawyers and barristers. Why waste money. About time we learnt from this seasons mistakes and started to prepare for next season with the aim of improving our squad and the relation between board members.

Whats making money got to do with anything?
To the Trust on 18:49 - May 19 with 3108 viewsmajorraglan

To the Trust on 17:07 - May 19 by felixstowe_jack

Lawyers and Barristers always make sure they get paid. If the Trust has a strong case and decide to litigate then maybe they could go no win no fee. On the other hand, if the Trust commenced proceedings, funded it themselves and won then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that costs could be awarded against the other party.

Imagine the old board having to pay the Trust compensation, pay the Trusts legal fees and their own! Could be a hefty bill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024