Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the Trust 15:45 - May 18 with 18331 viewsDafyddHuw

Any chance of any info from you at all about anything, anytime soon?

I won't be able to make any comments next year apparently. When I have this season, people ask if I'm a member.
Well I won't be after this summer. I'm not throwing good money after bad again. Does that mean I have to keep shtumm?

To the Trust on 10:13 - May 28 with 1597 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 10:02 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

This question must be too difficult to answer as well then.

Apologies - away with family so have only been dipping in and out of this thread and missed the question.

There is a Trust Board meeting next week.
To the Trust on 10:15 - May 28 with 1594 viewsNeath_Jack

To the Trust on 10:13 - May 28 by MattG

Apologies - away with family so have only been dipping in and out of this thread and missed the question.

Thank you, so hopefully a communication will be out soon then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

To the Trust on 10:19 - May 28 with 1590 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 10:15 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

I refer you to my previous answers on this point
To the Trust on 10:33 - May 28 with 1560 viewsVetchfielder

What date is that Matt please ?

Proud to have been one of the 231

To the Trust on 10:57 - May 28 with 1526 viewsUxbridge

To the Trust on 10:15 - May 28 by Neath_Jack

Indeed there will.

It's a difficult one. All a communication can say at the moment is to confirm a meeting has taken place, and that things continue. It can't talk about the detail until there's something concrete to put to the members. Maybe that needs to be weekly just to show there are signs of life but I suspect that would bring its own criticisms. Appreciate that people just want information but it's attempting to marry that up with not interfering with the discussions.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

To the Trust on 12:02 - May 28 with 1497 viewsswancity

To the Trust on 10:57 - May 28 by Uxbridge

Indeed there will.

It's a difficult one. All a communication can say at the moment is to confirm a meeting has taken place, and that things continue. It can't talk about the detail until there's something concrete to put to the members. Maybe that needs to be weekly just to show there are signs of life but I suspect that would bring its own criticisms. Appreciate that people just want information but it's attempting to marry that up with not interfering with the discussions.

Nonsense.

The members have every right to expect to know exactly what's going on. As developments permit. Remember the Trust has messed up in the recent past by only wanting to get into bed, metaphorically speaking that is, with the Club owners. Now is the chance to put things right and you need to seize the opportunity. Not dilly and dally. Be proactive and most of all make things clear and honest. Communicate with the fans, your members and let them know. How can this interfere with discussions? That implies things are going to be kept hidden, swept under the carpet.

It doesn't need to be something concrete as you put it. Updates. To say what is or what's not happening. Everyone is in the dark. That's not how it should be. Do something about it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

To the Trust on 12:04 - May 28 with 1494 viewsDarran

To the Trust on 12:02 - May 28 by swancity

Nonsense.

The members have every right to expect to know exactly what's going on. As developments permit. Remember the Trust has messed up in the recent past by only wanting to get into bed, metaphorically speaking that is, with the Club owners. Now is the chance to put things right and you need to seize the opportunity. Not dilly and dally. Be proactive and most of all make things clear and honest. Communicate with the fans, your members and let them know. How can this interfere with discussions? That implies things are going to be kept hidden, swept under the carpet.

It doesn't need to be something concrete as you put it. Updates. To say what is or what's not happening. Everyone is in the dark. That's not how it should be. Do something about it.

You're not a member fuçk off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

To the Trust on 12:11 - May 28 with 1483 viewsswancity

To the Trust on 12:04 - May 28 by Darran

You're not a member fuçk off.

And you're too scruffy to be a member. Sort that mess out on your head for a start.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

To the Trust on 12:37 - May 28 with 1465 viewsmax936

To the Trust on 12:11 - May 28 by swancity

And you're too scruffy to be a member. Sort that mess out on your head for a start.

Init, the scruffy tw@t

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

To the Trust on 13:05 - May 28 with 1438 viewsUxbridge

To the Trust on 12:02 - May 28 by swancity

Nonsense.

There are updates. A regular e-newsletter to members for one for example. Tend to agree with those saying the Trust needs to be more proactive in terms of comms, and that's something it's always struggled with, but giving a running commentary isn't going to happen either.

Anyway, the way I see it is that there will need to be clear options provided to the members in the very near future.

To the Trust on 13:35 - May 28 with 1409 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just received my email from the Trust outlining recent discussions with the owners.

If non members want to know what's in it I'll tell them for £10 which I'll donate to the Trust.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

To the Trust on 13:38 - May 28 with 1406 viewsDafyddHuw

So why did Neathy have to ask twice to het this answer? And why didn't the Trust board volunteer this information rather than having to be asked.

This is a perfect example of how the Trust board falls down with their non-communication.
(and we shouldn't have to depend on one board member being away with family for communication between the Trust board and its members bveing blocked).
To the Trust on 14:28 - May 28 with 1369 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 13:38 - May 28 by DafyddHuw

So why did Neathy have to ask twice to het this answer? And why didn't the Trust board volunteer this information rather than having to be asked.

This is a perfect example of how the Trust board falls down with their non-communication.
(and we shouldn't have to depend on one board member being away with family for communication between the Trust board and its members bveing blocked).

If people want an official Trust response they should really ask questions via the Trust website. I'm not going to put my holiday on hold just to answer questions, nor apologise if I happen to miss one.
To the Trust on 15:53 - May 28 with 1312 viewsDafyddHuw

To the Trust on 14:28 - May 28 by MattG

If people want an official Trust response they should really ask questions via the Trust website. I'm not going to put my holiday on hold just to answer questions, nor apologise if I happen to miss one.

See, this is exactly what's wrong with Trust communications and you just don't get ii -

1) This and similar threads shouldn't be on Planet Swans, it should be on the Trust's website. Asking questions on that site doesn't allow for anyone to join a conversation - it's one person asking questions and one person getting an answer. You need to get a proper forum going on your site. I don't know why nobody on the Trust board can't see this glaring ommision.

2) Are you saying that when you're on holiday, the Trust "office" is empty and there's no-one else there capable of answering questions?
To the Trust on 16:47 - May 28 with 1285 viewsQJumpingJack

My one hope in the coming weeks is that the Trust carry the spirit of Richard Lillicrap in any meetings with the American owners.
I wonder what Richard would think of the current situation.
To the Trust on 18:12 - May 28 with 1219 viewsMattG

To the Trust on 15:53 - May 28 by DafyddHuw

See, this is exactly what's wrong with Trust communications and you just don't get ii -

1) This and similar threads shouldn't be on Planet Swans, it should be on the Trust's website. Asking questions on that site doesn't allow for anyone to join a conversation - it's one person asking questions and one person getting an answer. You need to get a proper forum going on your site. I don't know why nobody on the Trust board can't see this glaring ommision.

2) Are you saying that when you're on holiday, the Trust "office" is empty and there's no-one else there capable of answering questions?

If questions were being asked via the website but not getting a response then you would have a reasonable complaint. I accept that you don't like that approach but currently that's what we have. If you think it needs to change then make that suggestion.

Expecting Trust members to be always available on here to answer whatever questions people might come up with whenever they come up with them is, IMO, not quite so reasonable.
To the Trust on 19:18 - May 28 with 1165 viewsUxbridge

To the Trust on 18:12 - May 28 by MattG

If questions were being asked via the website but not getting a response then you would have a reasonable complaint. I accept that you don't like that approach but currently that's what we have. If you think it needs to change then make that suggestion.

Expecting Trust members to be always available on here to answer whatever questions people might come up with whenever they come up with them is, IMO, not quite so reasonable.

The idea of a trust website forum was raised on here before and the general consensus didn't see the need.

There's the Trust twitter, Facebook, email, even the infernal FB group. Some board members even come on here. Methods of contact and asking questions aren't an issue imo. The issue may be frequency of communications.

To the Trust on 19:31 - May 28 with 1140 viewsMoscowJack

To the Trust on 19:18 - May 28 by Uxbridge

The idea of a trust website forum was raised on here before and the general consensus didn't see the need.

There's the Trust twitter, Facebook, email, even the infernal FB group. Some board members even come on here. Methods of contact and asking questions aren't an issue imo. The issue may be frequency of communications.

There are definitely some vacuums that need to be filled. Maybe there is a need for someone experienced to run the communication by the Trust going forward, as it's been a mess for years.

If gives the wrong impression of the people working within the Trust, especially when so many people are so paranoid about what's going on inside the Trust now.

I totally understand that nearly all of the details of the meeting with the owners can't be discussed in public (as well as nearly all of the discussions between the Trust Board members) but people do need updating, even if it's just an expanded version of "the meeting was good and now we're putting a strategy together before consulting our members"....which was what you've just done, but probably because it's putting out a fire that the silence has created.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

To the Trust on 19:53 - May 28 with 1110 viewsStarsky

To the Trust on 19:31 - May 28 by MoscowJack

There are definitely some vacuums that need to be filled. Maybe there is a need for someone experienced to run the communication by the Trust going forward, as it's been a mess for years.

If gives the wrong impression of the people working within the Trust, especially when so many people are so paranoid about what's going on inside the Trust now.

I totally understand that nearly all of the details of the meeting with the owners can't be discussed in public (as well as nearly all of the discussions between the Trust Board members) but people do need updating, even if it's just an expanded version of "the meeting was good and now we're putting a strategy together before consulting our members"....which was what you've just done, but probably because it's putting out a fire that the silence has created.

That's what I've been saying but the point had been missed throughout this thread

It's just the internet, init.

To the Trust on 19:57 - May 28 with 1096 viewsEasternJack

Why doesn't the trust have its own online forum? You could easily segment public and member boards for relevant discussions

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

To the Trust on 20:00 - May 28 with 1094 viewstomdickharry

Today's Trust e-mail to members perhaps should have been sent out the day after the meeting,if possible, would have stopped an awful lot of thread interaction.
To the Trust on 21:27 - May 29 with 896 viewsBorojack

To the Trust on 20:00 - May 28 by tomdickharry

Today's Trust e-mail to members perhaps should have been sent out the day after the meeting,if possible, would have stopped an awful lot of thread interaction.

Just read the whole thread started off with a lot of waffle in the middle there was a load of waffle.
And the end of the thread there was some waffle I think I will stay well away from Trust threads from now on.
A total waste of time.
And 20 minutes I will never get back.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024