Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table 16:45 - May 18 with 2988 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sunderland going down will move us up to #10 now.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 00:50 - May 19 with 593 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 00:28 - May 19 by ploppy

Why's it pointless?

And BTW, "yank" is quite a derogatory term, and technically incorrect in this instance if Tummer is indeed from Texas.

100% Texan, buddy - raised in San Antonio and now live in a suburb of Dallas.

Yank doesn't bother me at all though, apart from my mild dislike of that baseball team in New York. Been called much, much worse.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 0:54]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 08:45 - May 19 with 531 viewsDafyddHuw

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 17:49 - May 18 by monmouth

Yes total seasons in pl would be better, so since 1992?

Or total seasons since colour telly.

Yes, cos football only started when thr PL was formed.
Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 13:45 - May 19 with 495 viewsploppy

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 00:50 - May 19 by Tummer_from_Texas

100% Texan, buddy - raised in San Antonio and now live in a suburb of Dallas.

Yank doesn't bother me at all though, apart from my mild dislike of that baseball team in New York. Been called much, much worse.
[Post edited 19 May 2017 0:54]

I felt sure it wouldn't bother you, to be honest. You wouldn't continue posting on here if you were a sensitive soul, especially given some of the recent anti-US sentiment. I don't like the term Yank myself - some of my best friends, and ex-colleagues, are Americans and I certainly wouldn't refer to them as Yanks. It wasn't until I worked with them that I knew the distinction between north and south.
Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 14:14 - May 19 with 475 viewsMrSwerve

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 08:45 - May 19 by DafyddHuw

Yes, cos football only started when thr PL was formed.

Innit, I find all of these 'premier league' statistics daft. They should include the first division before the PL started. Granted there were a different amount of teams...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 15:43 - May 19 with 452 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 14:14 - May 19 by MrSwerve

Innit, I find all of these 'premier league' statistics daft. They should include the first division before the PL started. Granted there were a different amount of teams...

We already had that one, and it depends if you find the 1890s still relevant. I don't. Hence my comment about colour tellys which of course was ignored to make the desired point about 'football only starting with the premier league'.

Good to see Wanderers doing so well though. Maybe they'll win it again one day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 18:26 - May 19 with 420 viewsMrSwerve

If I wanted to know who had been in the top division the longest, I'd want to know from when records began. They may not be relevant in terms of modern football, but it's still part of history.

A bit like Cardiff winning the FA cup. Yes it's totally irrelevant to modern day football, but its a fact that they have won the FA cup.

If we take the view that football at the start of the century is irrelevant, then when did it become relevant? Which year?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 21:59 - May 19 with 392 viewsploppy

I don't understand people's beef with this metric. Quite simply, it shows you, for each team currently in the top flight, how long it's been since they weren't in the top flight. No more, no less. If that's what you want to know, it's perfect. If it's not, go and get yourself a different metric.
Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 22:45 - May 19 with 370 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City moves in to the top half of a noteworthy table on 18:26 - May 19 by MrSwerve

If I wanted to know who had been in the top division the longest, I'd want to know from when records began. They may not be relevant in terms of modern football, but it's still part of history.

A bit like Cardiff winning the FA cup. Yes it's totally irrelevant to modern day football, but its a fact that they have won the FA cup.

If we take the view that football at the start of the century is irrelevant, then when did it become relevant? Which year?

February 2013

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024