Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. 11:27 - May 19 with 4703 viewstrampie

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad after last nights no show by Corbyn and May at the leaders debate.

#weak and unstable.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 00:59 - May 20 with 1267 viewsNeathJack

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 22:58 - May 19 by rock1n

No matter how many times you explain, no matter how many times you break in down into simplistic terms they'll never get it.

Just smile.

"They"?
Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 01:23 - May 20 with 1259 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 22:58 - May 19 by rock1n

No matter how many times you explain, no matter how many times you break in down into simplistic terms they'll never get it.

Just smile.

FK. can't be arsed. Patronising knt.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 1:33]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 06:50 - May 20 with 1237 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 19:04 - May 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The deficit is £1.7 trillion?

Dianne, why are you posting on a Swansea City forum?

Whoops! Now that's a Freudian slip. Just call me Diane.
I digress Billion. Honest!
[Post edited 20 May 2017 6:50]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 08:26 - May 20 with 1225 viewsdailew

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 06:50 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Whoops! Now that's a Freudian slip. Just call me Diane.
I digress Billion. Honest!
[Post edited 20 May 2017 6:50]

Isn't it around £54bn ?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 08:31 - May 20 with 1216 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 08:26 - May 20 by dailew

Isn't it around £54bn ?

Actually, I was right. It is 1.7 trillion pounds and rising. The debt has doubled and the Tories have no plan to repay the money other than to seize our parents houses when they're dead. After they've frozen them to death in the first place.

So when Thatcher spoke about home ownership that obviously meant on a temporary basis.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 09:37 - May 20 with 1193 viewsjohnlangy

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 12:34 - May 19 by blueytheblue

Any evidence behind the utterly bonkers "will then sek to outlaw other political parties because of their irrelevance" line?

EDIT:

It sums up the state of Labour that their focus seems to be looking for reasons to vote against Tories rather than looking for reasons to vote Labour...
[Post edited 19 May 2017 12:36]

Well actually it's more the Cons who are looking to put Labour down.

Did you see that idiot RT Davies in the Welsh leaders programme ? They had one minute to put their case before the questions started. In just that one minute he said 'Strong and Stable' three times and 'Coalition of Chaos' twice. Which left very little time to actually say anything about why people should vote Conservative. He also repeated those phrases so many more times that the audience were laughing at him. And he still didn't have the intelligence to stop.

An utter fool.
Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:28 - May 20 with 1177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 09:37 - May 20 by johnlangy

Well actually it's more the Cons who are looking to put Labour down.

Did you see that idiot RT Davies in the Welsh leaders programme ? They had one minute to put their case before the questions started. In just that one minute he said 'Strong and Stable' three times and 'Coalition of Chaos' twice. Which left very little time to actually say anything about why people should vote Conservative. He also repeated those phrases so many more times that the audience were laughing at him. And he still didn't have the intelligence to stop.

An utter fool.

The conservatives are being called on the use of these ridiculous phrases and their manifesto is the work of a party SO convinced they'll win that in their arrogance they're virtually telling the old their going to rob them.

This miscalculation may backfire disastrously.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:36 - May 20 with 1166 viewsPozuelosSideys

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 08:31 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Actually, I was right. It is 1.7 trillion pounds and rising. The debt has doubled and the Tories have no plan to repay the money other than to seize our parents houses when they're dead. After they've frozen them to death in the first place.

So when Thatcher spoke about home ownership that obviously meant on a temporary basis.

Mate, the debt will only start to come down when the deficit is reduced to zero and turned into a positive. Every month/quarter there is a deficit, it just adds to the debt - its why the Tories are cut, cut, cutting everything.

If Labour get in, they will spend even more and the overall debt will rocket overnight, way way beyond the 1.7tn

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:39 - May 20 with 1160 viewslonglostjack

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:36 - May 20 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, the debt will only start to come down when the deficit is reduced to zero and turned into a positive. Every month/quarter there is a deficit, it just adds to the debt - its why the Tories are cut, cut, cutting everything.

If Labour get in, they will spend even more and the overall debt will rocket overnight, way way beyond the 1.7tn

Who exactly does the UK owe money to?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:39 - May 20 with 1159 viewsJango

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:36 - May 20 by PozuelosSideys

It's called investment, there will be a return
Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 11:17 - May 20 with 1143 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Spending money to resuscitate the economy and business is what we need to do. We need more businesses, exports and employment. If people are being paid a decent wage they will rely less on benefits and pay more tax.

What labour is doing is creative investment. The Tories have zero creativity and just brainless Lynn lol for the soft option. That is not going to stimulate any economic recovery, just continue the downward death spiral we'we locked into.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 11:56 - May 20 with 1136 viewsJack_Meoff

They'll invest in infrastructure that will benefit everyone, and the economy long term. They'll nationalise industries that will pay into the treasury long term.

Why is everyone thinking so short term? The debt dates back to 1694 ffs. It's not like we have 5 years t pay it back.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 12:22 - May 20 with 1126 viewsPozuelosSideys

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 11:17 - May 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Spending money to resuscitate the economy and business is what we need to do. We need more businesses, exports and employment. If people are being paid a decent wage they will rely less on benefits and pay more tax.

What labour is doing is creative investment. The Tories have zero creativity and just brainless Lynn lol for the soft option. That is not going to stimulate any economic recovery, just continue the downward death spiral we'we locked into.

Disagree.

The current incumbents in red will not be investing. They will be involved in tax and spend, have undue over-influence from out of date unions and the economy will grind to a halt. I mean cmon, are they seriously saying they will implement government intervention and retake private businesses back into the state. Jeez, in a globalised world, i cant think of anything more regressive and anti-business. If you want to scare aware investment from outside, that is exactly what youd do. Why would i want to sink money into the UK economy from abroad knowing that the government could potentially take it away at any time? Huge risk.

Back to the days of mass-walkouts. Not forgetting the amount that would need borrowing from money markets. This would undoubtedly become more expensive to borrow as the means to pay it back would start to become more and more difficult. UK plc would be seen as a risky bet - hence the higher rate. The debt would go up and up and up.

These labour policies from the 70's were ok back then in some ways. Looking after the "working class" such as labourers, miners ,factory workers etc. However, its now 2017 and the working class tend to be people called James, earn 50-70k a year and work in IT. Its why this rubbish is old hat and should be consigned to the dust bin.

People voting for that dross dont deserve to get what theyd end up being given. Its a race to the bottom.

If they had any sense, theyd go very much "Tory-lite". Its not difficult. Il be voting Tory, but there is a lot of crap in their mandate. Just copy the good bits and ditch the rest with sensible stuff. Completely understand the requirement for keeping certain sectors "in-house" - energy probably being the main one. But as for a mass public sector state. Pfft. Nope. 5 people to do 1 persons job? Nahh. Cuckoo land.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 12:45 - May 20 with 1113 viewsJango

Earning £50k+ puts you in the top 10% so that's rubbish.
Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 13:43 - May 20 with 1103 viewstrampie

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 12:13 - May 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes. If you want a rampant conservative victory which will then sek to outlaw other political parties because of their irrelevance.

A non vote for Labour is handing the tories victory. Wake up.

England is a lost cause mun, Margaret Thatcher won the war, it does not matter what Scotland and Wales vote we will still get Tory policies, it is 90% certain that the Conservatives will win in any foreseeable General Election with only a 10% chance of Labour winning, but even if Labour win they can only do so only by putting forward Tory policies to appeal to England, so whatever way you look at it England is a lost cause, its best that Scotland vote SNP till they can break away from the union and Wales vote Plaid till Wales can break away from the union and in the meantime to challenge right wing policies in Westminster whether they be put forward by Labour or the Conservatives its best for the Greens to be strong in England.

Its the only way Wales will get left of centre policies, a vote for Labour is a vote for the Conservative and unionist party.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 13:50]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 13:47 - May 20 with 1102 viewstrampie

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 23:34 - May 19 by Jack_Meoff

We're still centrally 'governed' by those worthless cocksuckers in Westminster is the issue tramp.

For the good of our people the union has the be smashed, its the only way we will get social justice policies in Wales, whether smashing the union means a Federal state or total independence who knows, England is a lost cause its right wing to its core these days.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 15:43 - May 20 with 1059 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 13:47 - May 20 by trampie

For the good of our people the union has the be smashed, its the only way we will get social justice policies in Wales, whether smashing the union means a Federal state or total independence who knows, England is a lost cause its right wing to its core these days.

Federalism is the future, tramp. It's been inevitable since devolution started in the late '90s. It's only a matter of time.

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 23:03 - May 20 with 1006 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:39 - May 20 by longlostjack

Who exactly does the UK owe money to?

The £68 million (plus interest obviously) question. This monetary system keeps us all setting our collective alarms to go to a job that takes us away from our families because apparently we owe a large number on a spreadsheet somewhere that accrues usurious interest, and we must spend all of our time on this earth working to pay off an unrepayable debt, and not actually just f*cking living.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 23:27 - May 20 with 995 viewsperchrockjack

I'm just remembering Denis healey and the squeezing the rich till they squeak era.

Wilson borrowed and borrowed

Didn't work

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 00:13 - May 21 with 982 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 23:27 - May 20 by perchrockjack

I'm just remembering Denis healey and the squeezing the rich till they squeak era.

Didn't work

Borrowed and borrowed. That was the point of the question. From who? Why do we collectively believe that we have to borrow from anyone to live on our own planet ?

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:11 - May 21 with 946 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 00:13 - May 21 by Jack_Meoff

Borrowed and borrowed. That was the point of the question. From who? Why do we collectively believe that we have to borrow from anyone to live on our own planet ?

From a central banking system that magics dollar bills out of thin air. Loved watching Zeitgeist. Have soon seen anything about the Venus project ? I think you may like it.

Edit - here you go.

https://www.thevenusproject.com

Unbelievably the founder of this organisation died just three days ago at 101 years of age. Rest in Peace Jacques Fresno. A true visionary.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 10:16]

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 19:49 - May 30 with 834 viewstrampie

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour [or Lib-Dem] in this election needs their head read.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 19:51 - May 30 with 827 viewsrock1n

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 23:27 - May 20 by perchrockjack

Didn't work

I disagree with this.

Labour were a big spending party back in the day, but they were fiscally conservative, they tended to tax people very highly.

That's my issue with labour, fine spend - do what you like spend, spend, spend but be honest and say we 'all' have to pay more tax

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 19:57 - May 30 with 816 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 10:11 - May 21 by Brynmill_Jack

From a central banking system that magics dollar bills out of thin air. Loved watching Zeitgeist. Have soon seen anything about the Venus project ? I think you may like it.

Edit - here you go.

https://www.thevenusproject.com

Unbelievably the founder of this organisation died just three days ago at 101 years of age. Rest in Peace Jacques Fresno. A true visionary.
[Post edited 21 May 2017 10:16]

Cheers for the link Bryn, I'll give it a look. I've heard the name but don't know an awful lot about it.

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 20:28 - May 30 with 793 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone voting Conservative or Labour must be mad. on 19:51 - May 30 by rock1n

I disagree with this.

Labour were a big spending party back in the day, but they were fiscally conservative, they tended to tax people very highly.

That's my issue with labour, fine spend - do what you like spend, spend, spend but be honest and say we 'all' have to pay more tax

That brings us back to the crux of the modern problem though doesn't it. Everyone wants well funded, world class public services but no one wants to pay for it. Everyone thinks everyone else should cough up leading to successive governments perpetuating the myth that you can have both top class public services and low taxes. You can't. The two things are incompatible.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024