Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi 04:53 - May 23 with 21700 viewsAndyNak

He's holding out for a bigger salary apparently. According to The Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/sigurdsson-stalls-on-everton-826lzmjrb

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 05:45 - May 23 with 11102 viewslonglostjack

If true, then it doesn't sound as though PC was kept in the loop yesterday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10888942/paul-clement-says-swansea-

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 05:58 - May 23 with 11060 viewsBirchgrovejack

Nah thats Bullcrap!
£25m is nowhere near enough. The club would be stupid to sell him for that.
Slow journo day if you ask me, rehashing old news
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:10 - May 23 with 11029 viewsSwansNZ

£25 million is far too cheap in today's PL money.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:18 - May 23 with 11006 viewswaynekerr55

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:10 - May 23 by SwansNZ

£25 million is far too cheap in today's PL money.

But sounds about right if we look at the Bony fee we received.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:36 - May 23 with 10933 viewsjack247

This wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true, neither the transfer nor the fee. Not the absolute disaster it may appear to be if Clement is given that money to improve the team.

Forget honeymoon periods, hold My their hands up over Bob etc. this is where we find out what our owners are made of.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:46 - May 23 with 10874 viewsNirvana

Kudos to Longlost, this is Clement yesterday:

"It's very clear for us. We don't want to sell him [Sigurdsson] or any of our best players."

"We want to keep our best players and strengthen, not get weaker. We're not a club that needs to sell."

"We want to keep them here, we want to strengthen and I think Gylfi, Fernando and the others have enjoyed the second half of the season.

"They can see this is a club that shouldn't have been fighting relegation, they should have been doing a lot better.

"The extra money (from finishing 15th) helps, not only with players but also the infrastructure; better pitches, better travel, better hotels. These are all marginal things that can make a difference for a club like ours where every game is so tight.

"You're looking to get the best out of the players you have. I look forward to meeting the owners to discuss how they think we've done and what needs to be done moving forwards."
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:57 - May 23 with 10799 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:18 - May 23 by waynekerr55

But sounds about right if we look at the Bony fee we received.

£25m is far too cheap, but just enough to impress a dimwit like Jenkins.

Unless of course it's a release clause, which is still far too low.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 07:52 - May 23 with 10471 viewshobo

£25m?!

I'm based in the North and work with a load of Everton fans. They are desperate to sign Siggy and are more than happy to have to shell out up to £40m to land him
Login to get fewer ads

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 07:56 - May 23 with 10419 viewsmonmouth

Can't be true, Sigurdsson said he was happy and didn't want to leave.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 07:58 - May 23 with 10405 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Unless as already stated it's a release clause I highly doubt it'll be £25m. We supppsedly turned down £30m+ from china in January.

Also, why would we sell for less than we got for Bony, and arguably better player who has fully proven himself in the premier league, who is classed as homegrown.

I suspect this story has come from last year when they were interested in signing him and Huw was in a selling mood.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:01 - May 23 with 10381 viewsbuilthjack

It very much depends if there is a release clause, which none of us actually know. Also depends if Siggy wants to go.
I would have thought that if he went it would be to a club in the Champions league.
My opinion is that he will not go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:01 - May 23 with 10375 viewsAnotherJohn

If this is true, the feel good factor will have had a very short life. £25m in today's market isn't enough to plug the holes we will have. After selling Ayew and Williams last season and seeing the results, one would have thought that lessons had been learnt.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:18 - May 23 with 10232 viewswaynekerr55

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 06:57 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

£25m is far too cheap, but just enough to impress a dimwit like Jenkins.

Unless of course it's a release clause, which is still far too low.

Now now Doc, we can't insult the board. We're lucky we have such pillars of society looking after the club's best interests...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:20 - May 23 with 10207 viewsraynor94

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:01 - May 23 by AnotherJohn

If this is true, the feel good factor will have had a very short life. £25m in today's market isn't enough to plug the holes we will have. After selling Ayew and Williams last season and seeing the results, one would have thought that lessons had been learnt.

There's nothing we can do about it, yes he's under contract but if he tells the club he wants to leave what are we going to do to keep him here? Let's just hope we get the best possible price

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:32 - May 23 with 10104 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:20 - May 23 by raynor94

There's nothing we can do about it, yes he's under contract but if he tells the club he wants to leave what are we going to do to keep him here? Let's just hope we get the best possible price

We could always say "you signed a new contract less than a year ago so we're not selling you". It's a novel approach I admit but perhaps one worth trying.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:33 - May 23 with 10083 viewsHeadmaster

"but if he tells the club he wants to leave what are we going to do to keep him here?"

Yes. Let's show some balls for once. £25 million is far too low. I do wonder if Clement will have as much a say in who stays and goes as he thinks.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:34 - May 23 with 10072 views34dfgdf54

Jenkins and the yanks will sell for £25mill in my opinion.

Absolute travesty, but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest with these lot in charge.
£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:35 - May 23 with 10055 viewsMrSwerve

Tell him he's under contract, let him sulk for a few weeks, he'll end up forgetting about it and continue to play for us.

I hate player power these days.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:37 - May 23 with 10031 viewsSwansNZ

Which £25 million certainly is not.

Barkley wants to leave (possibly), but I'm sure Everton would not sell him for £25 million.

Nothing would surprise me tho. £25 is 4 new players and a nice bonus for the Shareholders.
[Post edited 23 May 2017 8:38]

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:38 - May 23 with 10021 viewsraynor94

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:32 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

We could always say "you signed a new contract less than a year ago so we're not selling you". It's a novel approach I admit but perhaps one worth trying.

Of course, but we all know you can't keep hold of a player if he wants to leave, even United and Liverpool have tried and failed, contracts are not worth the paper they are written on these days sadly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:39 - May 23 with 10015 viewsSwansNZ

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:32 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Small clubs are not allowed to do that apparently.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:40 - May 23 with 9999 viewsLandore_Jack

£25m is far too cheap for Siggy. Silly season has began.

#backtojack

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:43 - May 23 with 9958 viewsDr_Winston

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:38 - May 23 by raynor94

Of course, but we all know you can't keep hold of a player if he wants to leave, even United and Liverpool have tried and failed, contracts are not worth the paper they are written on these days sadly

You can hold onto them long enough for the price to rise to an acceptable level. If it doesn't then you keep them.

It's easy enough if you've got the balls to do it.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:44 - May 23 with 9926 viewsSwansNZ

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:43 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

You can hold onto them long enough for the price to rise to an acceptable level. If it doesn't then you keep them.

It's easy enough if you've got the balls to do it.

Gylfi has 3 years left. We should not be in any hurry, as he can't exactly run down his contract.

£25m fee agreed with Everton for Gylfi on 08:45 - May 23 with 9911 viewsmagicdaps10

If they have accepted 25M then shame on them.

The board have chances to build bridges this summer and there already seems to be a split in some statements from the club. Throw this under valuation in then it could be trouble on the horizon.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024