Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy and Llorente 22:36 - May 24 with 2411 viewsbuilthjack

We are so lucky to have these two.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Siggy and Llorente on 22:40 - May 24 with 2009 viewspencoedjack

I agree
Siggy and Llorente on 22:46 - May 24 with 1990 viewsraynor94

I really can't imagine anybody saying we aren't

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Siggy and Llorente on 22:47 - May 24 with 1987 viewsSwansNZ

Without either, we’d have been relegated weeks ago.

Lucky we didn’t sell either in January, as our resident football expert wanted.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy and Llorente on 22:56 - May 24 with 1944 viewspencoedjack

Siggy and Llorente on 22:46 - May 24 by raynor94

I know it's hard to comprehend fella

It would be good if nobody responded to the daily threads saying different
[Post edited 24 May 2017 22:58]
Siggy and Llorente on 22:57 - May 24 with 1937 viewsjack2jack

Enter stage right........
Siggy and Llorente on 23:10 - May 24 with 1900 viewsbuilthjack

Siggy and Llorente on 22:46 - May 24 by raynor94

Nor me

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Siggy and Llorente on 23:25 - May 24 with 1869 viewslonglostjack

Siggy and Llorente on 23:10 - May 24 by builthjack

Nor me

Goals from set pieces are not the mark of a great player no matter how many they score. What counts is the killer pass to split the defence and Siggy just hasn't got that. All he does is curl balls in from set pieces for others to get on the end of or more often than not puts the ball in the net himself. Boring and we can do better.
[Post edited 24 May 2017 23:26]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Siggy and Llorente on 23:31 - May 24 with 1848 viewsbluenile

Siggy and Llorente on 23:25 - May 24 by longlostjack

Goals from set pieces are not the mark of a great player no matter how many they score. What counts is the killer pass to split the defence and Siggy just hasn't got that. All he does is curl balls in from set pieces for others to get on the end of or more often than not puts the ball in the net himself. Boring and we can do better.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?..........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy and Llorente on 00:02 - May 25 with 1808 viewsbrightonjack

Siggy and Llorente on 00:12 - May 25 with 1794 viewsGlyn1

It's not luck builthjack - it's excellent work by our chairman and scouting team!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Siggy and Llorente on 00:12 - May 25 with 1792 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Siggy and Llorente on 23:31 - May 24 by bluenile

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?..........................

I'm thinking that was sarcasm, and a parody of Res.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Siggy and Llorente on 00:13 - May 25 with 1790 viewsGlyn1

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Siggy and Llorente on 09:15 - May 25 with 1538 viewsbuilthjack

Wind em up why don't you

Siggy and Llorente on 09:19 - May 25 with 1527 viewsPegojack

OK, this post is not a wind up, this is my honest opinion.

First, yes we are lucky to have the pair of them, they played a HUGE part in keeping us up. I'm not convinced both will still be with us come the start of next season.

HOWEVER, both have their flaws. If they didn't, they wouldn't be playing for the Swans. In the first half of the season, Llorente looked like an over the hill 'has been'. Possibly this was through carrying injuries, I don't know, but he had no mobility whatsoever, didn't run much and spent most of his time on his arse. He came on leaps and bounds under Clement and put in much more essential donkey work all over the field, but he's still not the most agile or mobile. He has fantastic strength, though, and we really need that for the style we play. He is the natural successor to Jason Scotland and Wilfried Bony in that respect, and his heading ability is phenomenal.

Siggy. What can you say? Dead ball delivery (most of the time) is second to none, and his free kicks from 25 yards and closer are a fantastic weapon. His endless energy and willingness to work in covering when we don't have the ball is also impressive, from the first minute to the 95th. However, I thought his open play was relatively poor this season compared to previous ones. He's lost half a yard of pace and his ball control and passing let him down on many occasions. He is definitely missing forwards that he is on the same wavelength with, Bony for example, with whom he seemed to be telepathic. Whether or not this is just a blip remains to be seen, but I hope he ups his game in that respect next term.
Siggy and Llorente on 09:49 - May 25 with 1483 viewsicecoldjack

Siggy and Llorente on 09:19 - May 25 by Pegojack

First, yes we are lucky to have the pair of them, they played a HUGE part in keeping us up. I'm not convinced both will still be with us come the start of next season.

HOWEVER, both have their flaws. If they didn't, they wouldn't be playing for the Swans. In the first half of the season, Llorente looked like an over the hill 'has been'. Possibly this was through carrying injuries, I don't know, but he had no mobility whatsoever, didn't run much and spent most of his time on his arse. He came on leaps and bounds under Clement and put in much more essential donkey work all over the field, but he's still not the most agile or mobile. He has fantastic strength, though, and we really need that for the style we play. He is the natural successor to Jason Scotland and Wilfried Bony in that respect, and his heading ability is phenomenal.

Siggy. What can you say? Dead ball delivery (most of the time) is second to none, and his free kicks from 25 yards and closer are a fantastic weapon. His endless energy and willingness to work in covering when we don't have the ball is also impressive, from the first minute to the 95th. However, I thought his open play was relatively poor this season compared to previous ones. He's lost half a yard of pace and his ball control and passing let him down on many occasions. He is definitely missing forwards that he is on the same wavelength with, Bony for example, with whom he seemed to be telepathic. Whether or not this is just a blip remains to be seen, but I hope he ups his game in that respect next term.

Well thought out post for me .
Siggy and Llorente on 09:57 - May 25 with 1473 viewsLeonWasGod

Siggy and Llorente on 22:47 - May 24 by SwansNZ

Just you wait til we lose both in the summer, replace them with a couple of 1st division rising stars and then go on to win the league next year with a record points and goals scored totals. You won't be taking the pee then
Siggy and Llorente on 10:51 - May 25 with 1410 viewsNeath_Jack

You're not supposed to answer like that in this thread.

As i'm sure you know, this thread was posted to deliberately bait Res and possibly Bryn.

It's even got a f*cking american in here trying to do it, an American mind

Great post by the way, although i would add that until Clement came in, we didn't play to Llorente strength, which is obviously his aerial ability.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Siggy and Llorente on 12:54 - May 25 with 1334 viewsjack2jack

Pretty much Bob on HJ!
Concise and no bullshi!t
Siggy and Llorente on 22:50 - May 25 with 1107 viewsbuilthjack

Siggy and Llorente on 22:47 - May 24 by SwansNZ

Who is this resident football expert that you talk of?

Siggy and Llorente on 06:51 - May 26 with 1035 viewsSwansNZ

Siggy and Llorente on 22:50 - May 25 by builthjack

Who is this resident football expert that you talk of?

He who has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy and Llorente on 08:19 - May 26 with 995 viewsbuilthjack

Siggy and Llorente on 06:51 - May 26 by SwansNZ

He who has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

There are things that can be put in place for memory loss these days

Siggy and Llorente on 09:03 - May 26 with 958 viewsjack247

This is starting to get silly now.

Of course he's not David Silva or Mesut Ozil. We all know that. Completely agree that Siggy and Llorente aren't the most compatible combination, but they are both very good players in their own right, particularly for a lower/mid table team.

Edit - clearly got distracted and put this on the wrong thread. My bad.
[Post edited 26 May 2017 9:12]
Siggy and Llorente on 12:01 - May 26 with 914 viewsSPboy

It's not Siggy on the wrong wavelength it's the quality of the players around him
Siggy and Llorente on 12:34 - May 26 with 884 viewsjack247

Siggy and Llorente on 12:01 - May 26 by SPboy

It's not Siggy on the wrong wavelength it's the quality of the players around him

Never bought that argument, it was used for Pablo Hernandez a lot. If you are that much better than your colleagues and you know they aren't going to make the run you want to play a killer ball, you just don't play that ball.

I'm not sure it would be a valid criticism of Siggy anyway. The main issues with his partnership with Llorente are the lack of pace and the fact that Llorente is more of a target man than a player who will make runs to be played though. Both looked much better for the last few games with Ayew providing both
Siggy and Llorente on 13:10 - May 26 with 852 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

If they didn't have flaws they wouldn't be playing for us.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024