Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Rooney's last.... 00:27 - May 25 with 3231 viewsDyfnant

appearance for Man Utd tonight. Thank fook, sick of the shite spouted about him without doubt the most overrated premier league player I've seen live.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 00:38 - May 25 with 2663 viewsairedale

FWIW, the first time we played Man U in the PL, after I wondered, did Wayne Rooney play? I never noticed Rooney in any other game at the Liberty.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 00:45 - May 25 with 2653 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The most overrated Premier League player you have seen live? In his prime he was one of the best strikers in the world. Our first season in this league was arguably the best of his career.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 01:05 - May 25 with 2642 viewsDyfnant

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 00:45 - May 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The most overrated Premier League player you have seen live? In his prime he was one of the best strikers in the world. Our first season in this league was arguably the best of his career.

Against us ( the swans) he was mainly shite

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 01:36 - May 25 with 2630 viewsMeraki

He is the 2nd highest top scorer of all time in the PL.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 07:07 - May 25 with 2496 viewsjack247

He never lived up to the hype after looking like a fiuture best player in the world in his late teens and early twenties.

He was still a phenomenal player though. England record goal scorer, most outfield appearances, 6 consecutive tournaments. Man United record goal scorer. You don't get that by being overrated.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 07:20 - May 25 with 2475 viewsMeraki

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 07:07 - May 25 by jack247

He never lived up to the hype after looking like a fiuture best player in the world in his late teens and early twenties.

He was still a phenomenal player though. England record goal scorer, most outfield appearances, 6 consecutive tournaments. Man United record goal scorer. You don't get that by being overrated.

Agree with all that, I think he done too much too soon and burned himself out. That and a combination of losing his hunger for the game.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 07:26 - May 25 with 2463 viewsKilkennyjack

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 00:38 - May 25 by airedale

FWIW, the first time we played Man U in the PL, after I wondered, did Wayne Rooney play? I never noticed Rooney in any other game at the Liberty.

I agree - and that first game was 'cos Swans kept the ball so brilliantly.

Beware of the Risen People

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 07:50 - May 25 with 2434 viewsThornburyswan

I missed the match but more importantly did Ajax kick the ball out so he could have a guard of honour?
Login to get fewer ads

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 08:11 - May 25 with 2380 viewsraynor94

Come on mun, to say Rooney hasn't had a excellent career is slightly churlish or your a City fan

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 08:20 - May 25 with 2367 viewsshandyjack

overated? come on. I'm no Man Utd fan by any stretch, but to score 50+ international goals and 250+ goals for Man Utd during one of their most succesful ever periods is nothing to be sniffed at.
In his prime he was superb, could do everything. I really don't get the tag overated

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 09:13 - May 25 with 2306 viewsbuilthjack

Good player for many years, but should have moved on 3 or 4 years ago.
Could do a job in the Championship now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 09:21 - May 25 with 2293 viewshammy

I think it's more a case that he has been living on his reputation for the past few years. When he first came on the scene he had pace and skill to frighten most defences. His record of goals and appearances for Manue and Engerland obviously stand up for themselves. However, whenever I've seen him play live, at least 6 times in the last 5 years, he has not really performed very well; lots of mis-placed passes and nothing very special baring in mind he earns around £300k per week !

The game has moved on, now much faster than it was a few years ago, and he hasn't been able to keep up ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 09:26 - May 25 with 2278 viewsJango

His individual performance has been scrutinised in every game his whole career. I find it shocking the stick he's got especially the last 4/5 years. Put him in a mid table team next season with the pressure off him and he'd probably be their star player for the season.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 09:33 - May 25 with 2267 viewsFireboy

Couldn't give a fvck about the tvvat
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 09:43 - May 25 with 2250 viewsDarran

I like Wazza quite simply because the granny shagging Scouce prick has helped me to upset quite a few posters on here over the years and that makes me happy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:00 - May 25 with 2232 viewsLeonWasGod

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 09:33 - May 25 by Fireboy

Couldn't give a fvck about the tvvat

Me neither.

He's had a good career for sure. But he's been anonymous against us, that's a fact.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:03 - May 25 with 2226 viewsperchrockjack

Was a teenage sensation who wasn't afraid at all to mix it with players 15/20 yrs older .

Left for world s biggest club where he set records

An erstwhile wild boy who calmed down and is a good family man

He s scored all sorts of goals and was a player, the first player, the opposition worried about

Overated by arse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:05 - May 25 with 2223 viewsraynor94

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:00 - May 25 by LeonWasGod

Me neither.

He's had a good career for sure. But he's been anonymous against us, that's a fact.

Fact? He scored the winner against us last season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:06 - May 25 with 2218 viewsperchrockjack

Bit of a tap in though,Ray.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:07 - May 25 with 2213 viewsDarran

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:03 - May 25 by perchrockjack

Was a teenage sensation who wasn't afraid at all to mix it with players 15/20 yrs older .

Left for world s biggest club where he set records

An erstwhile wild boy who calmed down and is a good family man

He s scored all sorts of goals and was a player, the first player, the opposition worried about

Overated by arse

Yep he'd calmed down alright.

http://www.90min.com/posts/5001419-manchester-united-striker-wayne-rooney-loses-

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:17 - May 25 with 2183 viewsDarran

Mind you he's not all bad.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wayne-rooney-donates-100000-victims-1049587

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:25 - May 25 with 2160 viewsLeonWasGod

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:05 - May 25 by raynor94

Fact? He scored the winner against us last season

And a nice little flick it was too. But he's not really caused us many other problems in all the times we've faced him, considering his level. We've generally kept him pretty quiet.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:39 - May 25 with 2129 viewsjack247

In fairness, I don't think anyone from Man United has really stood out against us. Apart from the 4-1 in our first or second season that I thought flattered them and this seasons gubbing under Bob, most of the games have been quite well contested.
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 13:05 - May 25 with 2045 viewskarnataka

Wayne Rooney's last.... on 10:39 - May 25 by jack247

In fairness, I don't think anyone from Man United has really stood out against us. Apart from the 4-1 in our first or second season that I thought flattered them and this seasons gubbing under Bob, most of the games have been quite well contested.

True, we seem to do better against teams who let us play our game and then try to outplay us with their own. Our performances against Arsenal over the years have usually been good and even since the new year this season at Liverpool, Man City & Chelsea & Man Utd, we've given a very good account of ourselves. It's against the teams like Hull, Boro, Watford & any Pulis teams that we've historically been very poor, teams that can't outplay us and have to find another, less footballing way to win.
[Post edited 25 May 2017 13:08]
Wayne Rooney's last.... on 13:28 - May 25 with 2011 viewssherpajacob

Whilst Rooney won't go down as a world all time great like Bobby Charlton, to beat his goals record for England and man utd must be respected, as well as his medal haul of domestic and European trophies.

Overrated by some possibly, the most overrated pl player of all time, certainly not,

I can't ever see any body taking that title off Stephen Gerrard.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024